Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lizzy915
Msg: 203
Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I believe in soul mates. I found mine. Your's is out there. You will know you find him. You'll just get that certain feeling... it's undescrible.
 NatGoat
Msg: 232
Soulmates? Do they / can they exist??
Posted: 9/22/2007 10:07:40 AM
I'm still looking for the next one . . the Last one . . I'll ever need . .
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:43:47 AM

Anybody that believes in soul mates is a complete and utter idiot. they don't exist...it's probably nothing more than some left-wing feminist's imagination from watching one too many Oprah shows.

One complete and utter idiot stepping up to the plate. Sorry you left so soon. You might have found one. Imagine that.

Certain irony in finding lefties and feminazis responsible for the concept, lol!

jenna518
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2008 1:51:38 AM
I have met a few of mine and believe I have also met my twin flame as well. Knew it the moment he kissed me. Has been 3 wks since we have seen each other and yet the connection is still there almost as though we are together on the phone and in each others thoughts throughout the day...
 theozman38
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:10:23 PM
soulmates hmmmm....what i cant understand is why we put up with so much out of our partner and still love him/her.. is love the final act of our soul finally joining with ourself when we feel we have met the right one or just putting up with another person who has not found his/her own soul to stitch up in these damp cobwebbed dungeon of a shell..soulmates...to crack and shatter someones own self..i am alone and alone i will die, i cant take you with me nare can i stay and be with you always ....
 feedem
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:16:05 PM
When your britches are itchin......and someone comes along to make em stop itchin.....there must be a reason.......you don't want to scratch around anymore.....you give up the internet....you make them important......you put them first....no more looking for greener grass......the bugs are gone.....and you cuddle and hug.....peace at last....
 qriosity
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 2:00:27 PM
If one is to believe in the reality of an existence of a "soul", I don't know how the logistics of the soul would work. Can there only be one?

If one is to believe in the abstract, philosophical, deeply empathetically felt emotion of what it is to have a soul-mate, then, not only do I think a soulmate is *possible* (which makes them exist), but, multiple ones are there. However, it would depend on many factors, summarized by: time and space (yours, his/hers: physical, emotional, mental space). Is the time right for you both to cross paths? Are you in each others space, {enough to allow the possibility of him/her being seen as a soulmate}, to begin? Are you receptive (emotionally, mentally)? And, all this, if it comes together, and, we accept that the person is a possibility, and work each day to make that possibility into a reality....leads towards spiritual revelation. In the form of finally believing that soulmates can exist. And, as such, there cannot be "THE ONE", the "OTHER HALF". It doesn't exist, the possibility exists, and we create the reality of this possibility in another person, by allowing ourselves (and them allowing us), to get to that stage of spiritual revelation. Or...move on.

To not be able to explain to another outsider, what it is like to have a person love you that way, to be able to look at them and know that they will never give up on you, that they'd give a part of the hard-earned soul (the mutual *soul* b/w you two, that got created as a possibility), if they could....to stay connected. Good, bad, ugly. And, all because they know you feel exactly the same.
 WeAre1
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 6:41:31 AM
maybe it does not have to be so metaphysical and spiritual a concept -
maybe it's simply a mate (buddy, friend, lover, partner, companion - anything one considers a mate, perhaps more in the British sense of the word)...

a mate that connects with you on a soul level.

in this way the OP's ideas that she has many can be incorporated, right up to those who believe you have another 'half' of you that may or may not be found this lifetime.....

personally, that second view seems to me to set up these unrealistic expectations within so many that there is only one who is a perfect match for you.....which can lead to unrealistic expectations of anyone you get together with, because if you discover you don't think they are perfect for you after all, then the relationship will probably let you down and probably end.....for expecting perfection is not realistic....or perhaps it's all perfect and our view is what makes it seem imperfect :) .....

to me my perfect mate is one who teaches me, and loves me, and loves the way I love them.....which can be many and, as at least one other poster said, it does not mean sexually necessarily.

i also think soul mates do not mean they automatically last a lifetime together physically.....i think our souls meet up with other souls for as long as we are meant to....and our wishful thinking, or subjective ideas that we are meant to be together forever, again, can create great pain that is unnecessary.

and yet, I do think we are connected with other souls on some realm for eternity (and really, I suspect we are connected with all other souls, especially those who we share the same space and time continuum, as we all do here, imo). I also think we are connected on levels that are not just manifesting physically, but energetically and metaphysically with those 'here' on this planet and also 'out there' if anything exists out there.

but back to the present thread - like the OP, I think many many people who touch our souls are mates to us and that if there is any truth to the idea of reincarnation, that we meet up with the same souls again and again and again each lifetime and when we do, something in us recognizes something in the other and says, "I know you."
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 306
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:31:01 PM
I believe that I have been with my soulmate, years ago. Will I be again? I don't know. Maybe. Seems unlikely but maybe...and if so, then what? Will it work? Will it last? Will it stay? Who knows.
 webweebil
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:07:21 AM
There are also twin souls, who are the perfect energetic compliment to another. Like all of creation, it is the opposite energy: the yin to your yang, the north to your south, the positive to your negative, the inbreath to your outbreath.

Patricia Joudry, who if she's still alive, would be in her 70's had a near death experience and encounter with her twin in the '60's (long before this stuff was mainstream.) She has videos and books about what she learned and it's quite interesting:

When First Cause turned inside out, trillions of souls were birthed. The first seeming (seeming, because separation from source is an illusion) separation occurred, this large group souls were divided in half, creating the first pair of soul groups and mates, they spent some time with each other before the next split. Split after split after split, each group smaller and more familiar spending time with mates. The souls you meet will have varying levels of familiarity depending on how long you remained in the group together. Each split was painful, but necessary for First Cause to experience and evolve in expanded awareness.

The final split is the most painful, because it is the split of the actual single soul into two halves: the female and male. The idea of a single twin is known throughout history. The torah addresses twins, as well as ancient mystics, such as Pythagorus and Plato, both of whom spent time studying at the mystery schools of Egypt and mesopotamia.

The meeting of two twins is very rare as the work of the meeting is to return back to source, having completed the lessons of this realm. The energy produced by twins is extremely powerful (think about the energy produced at the atomic or quantum level) and has to be directed towards ascension to elevate humanity. Most of the time, one twin stays in spirit while the other experiences this world. However, we are coming to a collective ascension event and there are many twins reuniting, or destined to reunite, at this time.
 webweebil
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:21:53 PM
Yep. Coming home would be good. Beam me up!

WanderingRain
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 10:50:46 PM
Oh yes...
Most people never find their soul mates, though.
Perhaps in the next life?
Mine is yet to come, I know.
 webweebil
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 1:46:06 PM
^^^^^^ Nice post!
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 331
Posted: 10/10/2008 5:17:30 PM
I have been thinking about this topic alot lately and trying to put into words my feelings on the subject. I believe that soulmates and what I will call your perfect match are 2 different things. I do believe in reincarnation so I believe that a soulmate is someone that you were connected to in a past life. I am using the english version of the word mate meening friend. It can be an old friend, lover, or even family member. There are people you meet that you feel like you have known forever but it doesnt mean that you were meant to have a relationship. Your perfect match is as simple as finding someone with the characteristics you want and coincidentaly you are what they are looking for.. simple but damn hard to find. In the past I settled so was doomed from the start.
 JWork25
Msg: 333
Posted: 10/10/2008 5:48:23 PM
I believe in soulmates for the pretty looking people.
 You_Cannot_Handle_Me
Msg: 335
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:12:51 PM
Absolute Proof That Soulmates CANT and DONT Exist.......

THERE ISN'T A EQUAL NUMBER OF MEN AND WOMEN IN THE WORLD(PERIOD)
7% more Women than Men over 400 Million between the ages 20-50 World Gender Census 2007.

Wars, Baby Boom, Mortality Rate more Females than Men are alive.
 webweebil
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:13:54 PM
Not everyone is destined for a soulmate relationship in this lifetime. Twin souls are even rarer. These relationships are often not all wine and roses, either. There's karma from other lifetimes that need to be resolved. Sometimes, they appear to wreak havoc in each other's lives. One thing is for sure, when they meet, it's a profound thing for both people that touches them in the heart and connects them, not only to each other, but straight to the Source.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >