Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zangie
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Is it wrong for husbands to sexually neglect their wife...but still expect commitment and faith??Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

He has to be attracted to you to have sex with you. The true victim is the husband because the wife has gained weight or has not used sunscreen when she was outside.

Hmmmm...mio...from what I've read so far of your posts...you have some big issues with an ex (or soon to be ex) wife; or you like stirring the pot?

Sunscreen?..huh?..what's that got to do with anything?..lol...

And of course, men never do anything that might upset a woman?

If one loves me, he doesn't stop loving me when I am not perfect..and vice versa..and sexual attraction follows love does it not?

OT: It is wrong for either partner to neglect the other. But, it is also wrong to cheat..for revenge or any other motive.
 mio310
Msg: 156
Is it wrong for husbands to sexually neglect their wife...but still expect commitment and faith??
Posted: 1/16/2008 10:17:16 PM
A guy cant be expected to have sex with a female that is 40 yrs old. In most cultures the guy is allowed to have a young mistress to have sex with.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 160
Is it wrong for husbands to sexually neglect their wife...but still expect commitment and faith??
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:02:33 AM

Sunscreen?..huh?..what's that got to do with anything?..lol...

You mean you haven't noticed women get wrinkled(sun damage), but men don't?

oldkid
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:56:01 PM
This is not a gender specific issue but applies equally to both men and women. When you deprive your spouse or SO of a sex life or intimacy, you give up all right to expect fidelity from them! The 2 are totally linked in the same way that trust and honesty are.
 lolLori
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 8:37:55 PM
I notice where i live the women over 50 are the most confident people around and in number more woman over 50 are out walking around shopping meeting for coffee, in the shops etc and Look just great doing this old and wrinkled my Ass maybe fat around menapause after that watch out. Young is beautiful usually very confused and dont have much going on in their Lives. Kids, School maybe into Business but they are usually still looking same goes for the men. And regardless if and Older man manages to spend alot and be someones sugar Daddy forget it easy come easy go. But the original thread doesnt say why he lost his libido or if he lost his lobido its say he doesnt want sex but he ants her to be faithful. My question is something isnt healthy is the sex department and possibly this will go away and then what ? she sees other men and theyre relationship is over. Instead of time getting over this. Big ? is he seeing other women until he feels Like being a human being to his wife this is abuse its neglect and should be delt with as such If it wrong Its wrong
 Ignoble
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 9:15:24 PM
I love how you looked at it as him "punishing you". Thats a very female thought. ^_^
 phoenix.rising
Msg: 181
Is it wrong for husbands to sexually neglect their wife...but still expect to be nagged? :)??
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:51:35 AM
This is a hard question because there are so many different reasons for the neglect, medical, emotional or what have you. I was in a marriage where I was not ALLOWED to approach my husband for sex. I was turned down every. single. time. We were married for eight years. Eventually, I just stopped approaching him altogether. I am a passionate woman. I am flirtatious and fun and dammit, I like to be able to approach a man when I want sex or spend the day flirting and playing with the promise of more later. It was crushing when I couldnt.

I believe that a healthy relationship has a healthy sex life. What that means to me and what it means to someone else is a different story. Couples have to determine what their idea of a "healthy" sex life is. Me, I love sex and I love the intimacy that comes with it. To go without for no real reason is devistating for me. I understand that there are factors like pregnancy, new babies, emotional issues, a period of depression, times when the couple is just not getting along or your schedules aren't in synch that cause a decline in your love life but usually that passes and then you are able to get back on track. If it doesnt pass and there isnt a medical reason for the lack of intimacy, then I am going to have problems with it. Big problems.

I have a friend that I have known for many, many years. She has been married for 38 years (1970) and has not had sex more than a handful of times in the early stages of her marriage and no at all since 1982. She lives a loveless existance completely lacking in sexual intimacy and it is killing her slowly. He has no intrest in her or anyone. He refuses to discuss the matter or seek medical assistance. I have told her that I would have left long ago - there are no children in the home to concern herself with and she is clearly very unhappy. She has had an affair on her husband and although I dont agree with extramarital affairs I DO understand why she did have one.

Thumbs down... thumbs WAY down to any man or woman who doesnt perform their sexual "duty" in the marriage or the relationship. If there are no medical reasons why you arent having sex with your partner then figure out the emotional reasons and get on with business. If not, well, I dont know what to say.
 lolLori
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:49:52 AM
yes its wrong 4 them to do that message 178

are you saying that about all women women in general or woman who have monthlys or just the nasty ones who have a guy whipped.
 january0808
Msg: 189
Posted: 9/11/2008 8:25:03 PM
no you got to give her all she needs and make sure she is very satisfied or the man is an ass and a pig
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 190
Posted: 10/2/2009 2:59:18 PM
Personally I wish that every man on this good old earth would sexuaslly neglect his wife. Then that might leave an opening for ME to sneek in to the picture.
 Answerman711
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2009 2:28:41 PM
OR....the wife neglects the husband when it comes to intimacy.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2009 3:27:09 PM
I don't care for the way you phrase this. "But still expect commitment and faith?" This implies that his neglect would be the same as permission to go outside the marriage for satisfaction. I totally disagree with that.
If he's no longer a satisfactory husband, get a divorce, and THEN get what you want. I would totally support that you should go for what you feel you need, just not how you imply you would get it.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 196
Posted: 10/3/2009 4:43:08 PM
Posted by janaaz1:
It's more about control than it is about sex. My ex was the same way. I worked at it for 17 years.... I've been divorced for 2 years now. I am disappointed that I don't have a special man in my life right now, dating hasn't been all I thought it would be, all those years of dreaming about being single and the possibility of hope... hope that I would eventually meet a man that was crazy about me. I don't regret getting divorced. I still have the "hope'...... It's better than being in a loveless, sexless marriage, with no hope of ever finding the one man that can and will satisfy me sexually as well as emotionally,........

You just saved me from writing the same thing. YES, I still have hope, too.

I find it amazing sometimes that women are finally speaking out on sexually unavailable spouses. Usually, it's the men who complain about it. No matter who is being sexually neglected, a marriage is not marriage unless there is sex (with certain exceptions like health). It becomes a friends relationship instead of a marriage with intimacy.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2009 5:16:09 PM
To the original question, yes it's wrong, but what is wrong is to expect the spouse (works both ways) to remain in the relationship.
 oldkid
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2010 6:47:07 AM
Doesn't matter if it is the man or woman doing this, the marriage contract has been broken and there should be no expectation of marital fidelity. That is not to say that there cannot remain a deep friendship and committment but it is clearly an open marriage situation.
 Vannili
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2010 10:16:27 AM
Perhaps the man is working hard with 2 jobs, or their wives is un appetizing, or those wives don't make an effort to seduce the man for love making,or SHE just lie there and ask "are we done yet"?????? or,or, or, or......

Don't look at me ! budwieser make me say this...
 DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 7:49:29 AM
I had that 6 yrs the other way, going on the forever divorce of 2 yrs (a divorce from He double stick)

She has a mental disorder but we don't know officalally what it is....YET...........but my counselor believes she is full blown BiPolar......................sex was a weapon by her, I had no desire to do her at all because you never knew if she was going to quit and laugh at me just before release..............vicious individual. Would never let my child to be raised by her alone, he now lives with me.
she has devoted the rest of her life to destroy me........................I do not wish this divorce on anyone.................

Hey op, you will find someone, your very cute, keep a positive attitude.........

hehehehe could you imagine if We got together....................lots of time to make up

Stay positive OP................life will improve
 winfieldbrian
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 2:12:17 PM
It is just as wrong for women to sexually neglect their husbands but still expect her commitment and faith as it is for men who sexually neglect their wives but still expect her commitment and faith.

I mean, isn't this just blatantly obvious?
 daynadaze
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 4:34:52 PM
Actually it is in the Bible, couldn't cite you where but the ideal is for the man and woman to sexually satisfy each other so that neither is denied, it is a sin to not treat each others needs appropriately for the individuals involved. No one is suppose to enter into a marriage where each is not going to fully care for the other, etc., it's not just about you better do this or that, it's about figuring this all out with a person before making a commitment and joining in marriage. A bit hard without having premarital sex but certainly it can be done by making sure who you are with and what you are doing also. In Christianity it's not about making a mistake and sticking it out, it's about not making the mistake in the first place. You don't marry badly then expect things to get better or to suffer through, you make a conscience choice to begin with to marry the right person.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 208
Posted: 4/3/2010 5:31:28 PM
Here ya go: 1 Corinthians 7:2-5

"Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency"
 theforumfiend
Msg: 211
Posted: 4/3/2010 6:09:32 PM
No it doesn't condone rape. Selfish people use the whatever they want (ie: The Bible) to justify what they want. Big difference.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/25/2011 7:21:22 PM

Who knew...that men could use sex as a weapon, too???
 Maleman999
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/25/2011 8:10:06 PM
Would it be OK to sexually neglect a wife if she gains 100 pounds and looks like a beached whale and has lost all sex appeal? Yeah, I know. The female mob squad are jumping right now saying "What about a man who gains 100 pounds". Neither case is good. If there is no more sex appeal, how do you avoid neglecting someone sexually?
 blueeyyes
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2011 7:28:41 PM
Maybe your husband has some kind of erectile dysfunction or something. Maybe you should try to talk with him and find out what really is happening. Maybe you need marriage counseling which could include the sexual problems that are going on. If you really love him give him a chance. But I do have to agree sex is a very important part of a relationship. Just sounds like you need o talk with a therapist and get the communication started and find out where the problem is.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >