Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Semen acts as an Anti-Depressant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigshrek
Msg: 26
Semen acts as an Anti-DepressantPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Basic fact of life that if you are having good bed-rocking, wall-breakin, earth-quakin good sex on a regular basis that you are going to be a HAPPIER person...

So if semen is an anti-depressant, why don't guys get all mopey after they fire off a few loads?? one would think if they are disposing of their anti-depressant they'd get sad/depressed...

Pfffft...GO GET SUM!!!
 girlcantalktoo
Msg: 27
Semen acts as an Anti-Depressant
Posted: 3/14/2008 10:19:00 AM
There is definately something to that ...oh yeah and have noticed the difference with cum in me and just lying there snuggling after ......than just regular snuggling after the use of a condom oh yeah.....for sure .....
 bigshrek
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:05:55 AM
Crazylaydee...yep, see the thread on Keegle Exercises...they're for guys too...hehehe

Nothing shocks a woman more than a guy who fires off, then keeps going...and cumming...and going...and cumming...and going...and cumming...kind of like the Energizer Bunny with the batteries in backwards
 bigshrek
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:13:16 AM
Plumppassion-Correct!! A lot of men & women mistakenly believe that they should abstain from sex during the latter part of a pregnancy. Nothing could be further from the truth!! Sex helps loosen and relax the muscles involved in the birth process. It is great when she first experiences contractions and will speed the process right along.

Now...once the water breaks...grab the catcher's mitt & the saland tongs and Get Ready!! That kid is On It's Way Out!!
 JadeMuse
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:38:33 AM
HMMMMmmmmmm....
I wonder who funded this study... Hhmmmmmm. That's a tough one!
Probably the same individuals who try to convince everyone:
|_______| = an inch!
...and I am sure it tastes like strawberries, too!

slybandit
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/15/2008 10:53:44 AM
I have eight words for this:

Those 'scientists' got PAID to do that study.

Why do I bother with a REAL job?

Hey, everyone, I'm going to become a SCIENTIST. Who feels like funding me to do a research study on the effects of alcohol on attractive women's susceptibility to REALLY BAD pick-up lines? Then I'll publish it as a BOOK and make some money with it.

COME ON YOU LAB-COAT NERDS: that whole CANCER thing is still around, along with our good friends AGING and DEATH. You haven't even come up with those jet-packs and flying cars we were promised in the sixties, and you're spending your time on THAT?

Could we please, just maybe, seriously consider our research priorities? SERIOUSLY.
"Semen makes women happy." THANK YOU FOR THAT MARVELOUS PIECE OF INSIGHT. NOW GET BACK IN THE LAB AND FIX GLOBAL WARMING, dammit.
 slybandit
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/15/2008 10:56:11 AM
Well, maybe if they could invent something that WOULD make it taste like strawberries.

I could grudgingly concede funding THAT one.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/15/2008 2:30:53 PM
^^^^Yes, but as a scientist, would you actually taste it?
What is that... some oral/ortho... lyptic... something or other test where taste and smell are all part of classification?
What are you willing to do for science?
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 10:20:26 AM
I don't know if it acts as an anti depressant but I know it makes me happy! My x always wanted to wear condoms. Afraid of pregnancy. I will tell u the time I was with him only 1x could I talk him out of no condom. I hate them. That was the only day I can say the sex was ok. I mean it never was really good. I guess I thought it would get better. With cum involved it does make some kind of difference. If he pulled out and would shoot it on my stomach he then would run and get wet wash cloths to clean me up! lol, isn't that the funniest thing u ever heard? I would say I like cum , in me or on me! He said eww and ran fast as lightning every time to clean me off. That also ruined it and even though u explain u like cum on you or want to sleep with it on you he never would let me so I have to admit that cum does make a difference. When I am in a relationship and having sex on a regular basis that is when I'm the happiest!
 OutMind
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/7/2008 12:45:52 PM
I don't know the truth to such research. But i also read that women being exposed to men's saliva, which has high levels of testosterone is absorbed through kissing and increases her sexual interest. Also, sex in general has been said to be an incredible stress reducer. Add to that all that stuff in semen, that of course do not affect men any more because that is where it comes from, but added to a woman and it produces a change. Like I said, I don't know if anything like that is true. But.

When I went exclusive with my gf we switched from condoms to no condoms. Her sexual interest went up 300%.
So does semen has such effect? Maybe? Maybe not?

I think more research is required.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/7/2008 12:57:19 PM
^^^^^Alright...
Testosterone does give back some of the 'vim & vigor' lost for women during menopause...
It has been added to a hormone-replacement therapy called Estro-Test.

It may increase some desire and energy, but it has it's drawbacks, too:
It can cause a woman's hair to start thinning out on her head
and start increasing on her upper lip, and increase aggression.

Other than that type of "joy" the testosterone brings to women,
semen is where the actual trouble lies for most of us!!!
---Nah! It IS the testosterone!
Just kidding!!! ..... *sort of*
 OutMind
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/7/2008 2:29:26 PM

There were a number of problems with this study, and it was not well conducted. While this is theoretically possible, it is not by any stretch a proven fact.

That does it!!! Well. It's back to the lab, I mean the bedroom. And test again!!
 gentleplus
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 3:14:39 PM
I see alot of push back from the ladies on this one!!!! Props to Mello and Kimberly for swimming with the facts..... shame on those girls not willing to consider the possibilities with a sense of discovery and curiosity..... they are the ones as well as their partners who are impoverished by these assumptions and bias not well founded....
 gentleplus
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 3:57:53 PM
MelloD...... I like your thinking on this..... after orgasm I like to stay connected with my partner and allow the afterglow to include continued cuddling/embracing... the sensation of post orgasmic contractions as well as the opportunity to linger inside her to share those mysterious pheremones as well
 cubbies4me34
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/7/2008 4:49:32 PM
You're right on with that one! Definitely the act that causes the happiness! :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 5:11:28 PM
well.....
there are many that use "comfort food" when they are feeling down.....
and cum is a comfort food to alot of us gals....
so....I can see where there is a possibility....
 gentleplus
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2010 2:44:04 PM
Too many doubters.... for overdue pregnancy any ob/gyn will recommend frequent intercourse to induce labor.... medical fact.... the rest is also true... plus the oxytocin and prolactins released from orgasm...
 DemonLeather
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/11/2010 3:25:38 PM
Hmmmm,.. Well,. I know when I spread it around,. it makes me happy And.. "cum" to think of it,.. All the ones that were "swallowers" were pretty happy all the time.. I wonder if we could bottle & sell it,.. without FDA approval or testing,. not as a drug,. but a "suppliment" I could call it "Dr.Demon's Famous Root Oil".. "Good for anything that ails you".. and our slogan is,. "A Smile Cums with every Bottle!"..We enjoy makin' it an much as you like takin' it!"
 gentleplus
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2010 9:03:06 PM
Sorry for the bad news .... swallowing destroys the benefits in stomach acid.... all effects are from vaginal absorption ... so swallowing is strictly placebo effect...
 albinosquirlz
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2010 9:03:47 PM

plus the oxytocin and prolactins released from orgasm...

You're right about the oxytocin being the "antidepressant". But that has to be released in your brain...you can't get it from absorbing/ingesting sperm.

And you don't really get it from orgasms. An orgasm is actually generally counterproductive, as it delivers a giant dose of dopamine, which upsets the neurochemical balance in your brain, which will actually make you feel uneasy afterwards.

The woman will be getting oxytocin from the "bonding" feeling she gets from the closeness she gets from the man. And it's obvious that your more likely to be much less inhibited and feeling close when you aren't practicing some kind of "protection".
 bilby886
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2010 3:06:27 AM
I wonder how Rod Stewart felt after that incident with his soccer team.
you know, the one where he "slipped and fell" and had to go to hospital to get his stomach pumped clean of 1/2 litre of semen?
I heard he wasn't very happy.

I guess we need to define what type of depression to start with.

I never noticed any remarkable change in mood of LT GF after uncovered sex.

the giggle index was always high before as after.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/12/2010 7:45:05 AM
"Sorry for the bad news .... swallowing destroys the benefits in stomach acid.... all effects are from vaginal absorption ... so swallowing is strictly placebo effect"...

Well.. that's not terribly bad news,.We can go the "other route".. I'm just trying to figure out how to mass-produce the umm"applicator"
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:01:15 PM
So they say in other articles I have read, depression is at an all time high in the US now.

So men, if your lady is feeling a little down, you now know what you have to get them to do.
Ahhh, the sacrafices we men make for you women.
 Viper1E
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:38:06 PM
So.Baby needs her medicine?

Works for me!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Semen acts as an Anti-Depressant