Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xx_trouble
Msg: 5
view profile
History
home alone and eating healthy.... or notPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am yet to cook tonight and yes I must say that I am tempted to go for whatever is easiest, I try to eat properly but its so hard to do when I'm on my own, to cook for someone else would make me do it a lot more.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
home alone and eating healthy.... or not
Posted: 1/23/2008 12:13:53 PM
some days I cook with health in mind, other days I don't but rarely use oil to fry stuff, might add some hemp oil to pesto sauce etc

get lunch on site when working, different place every day :)

quite keen on salads, don't buy crisps much as they vanish quickly :)
 Pilkington
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:57:43 AM
i cook a proper cooked meal most of the time, the freezer is full of assorted
frozen veg, lots of fish; and chicken ( getting a bit worried over this, what with
all the recent TV ).
only takes half hour or so to throw something healthy together. If i know i'm
going to be a bit late, everythings goes into the slow cooker in the morning.

Biggest problem ! .........The washing up !
 lalby
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/24/2008 2:50:03 AM
I'm dieting at the mo but what i do for the easy option is cook up big pans of soup and freeze them in portions.Its real easy just to take 1 out in a morning and microwave it for lunch and i feel it fills me more than a sandwich.
I used to be the same and if the kids were at school just pick at something fast for lunch.
 dude/2
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:27:40 AM
If your lazy about cooking up something good to eat... just warm yourself up first ...think how it would look like and then how it would taste.....
Breakfast is important to me... sometimes if its very warm out i just have toast..jam and tea....
Other days I enjoy tin peaches , a peach and a half with two table-spns of cottage cheese ,.. two slices of 12 grain brown bread toasted and buttered,... and a pot of tea...
A bowl of hot cereal and 12 grain bread toasted ...and a pot of tea,..
When guests stay over ,,, scrambled eggs or an omlet with cheese folded in...or if its close to lunch .... an omlet with chopped green peppers in it and some mushrooms ... served on toast ....and tea...
The day after a binge... one whole onion sliced and browned, two slices of pork liver browned, or sliced ham,, and left over mashed potatoes browned... three slices of pickled beet root ,... served with brown toast and coffee... So Good !!!!.....
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:00:32 AM

I think eating healthily is a bit like going to the gym. You know it's good for you, you know you will feel much better for having been, but it's sooooooo damn hard at times to make the effort.

How true! Cooking for one is boring. I pretty much live off salads, Special K (with skimmed milk), packages of Asda’s “Good For You” pasta carbonara (only 3g of fat), chicken slices and mustard in Weight Watchers wraps or low-fat tomato or Thai chicken soup mixed with steamed basmati rice – all low-fat but far too high in carbs. Peanut butter is my weakness. I could eat a whole jar of the stuff in one go. Best not to buy it in the first place but my son loves it too, so after two spoonfuls, the jar goes back in the cupboard.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 1:15:57 PM
I have fits and starts with healthy eating. Tend to go for quick and easy and did have a phase when I virtually lived off of ready meals.

Last night I had shop bought chicken pie, veg and new boiled potatoes (smothered in butter). Tonight I was going to have prawn salad and ended up with haggis and carrot/swede/potato mash.

Early part of the week I will eat salad stuff at lunchtime while it is still fresh. I also have to fit in a couple of stir fries before the stuff goes off.

The only fruit in the house is grapes in liquid form. I don't eat veg very often either apart from salad.

Not the healthiest diet but after reading some of the posts, not the worst either.

I used to really love trying out new recipes but hard to find enthusiasm when your on your own.
 oggers
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 5:07:26 AM
When I was on my own , I lived at the chinese chippy next door but two, I just couldn't be bothered cooking for one - its just not worth it .

Now my lad has moved in with me I feel the need to improve standards. Now we go to Thompsons, The English Chippy instead, and occassionally we'll order in a Pizza from the middle eastern pizza delivery place -- all you can eat for £ 2.50 including 5 litres of Rola Cola... I think that its important to have a varied diet.

I have started to cook for myself, and discovered that there are tricks to certain dishes - beans on toast, for example, its best to lay the toaster on its side - that way the beans dont fall to the bottom ......

Bon appetit
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/16/2016 1:26:00 PM
I used to drink beer and eat potato chips when I was younger.

Now I eat walnuts instead of chips - MUCH healthier !
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/16/2016 2:14:23 PM
I've just eaten grilled pork chop, runner beans and chips (with gravy) -
I cook for me around five nights a week (+couple of ready meals)....
the knack is knowing what you NEED, not just what you like.
Tomorrow is a ready-meal from the Co-Op, Friday is steak,
chips and peas, with pepper sauce-
My weight is around 14stone, and has been, for the last ten years.
It really isn't hard.........

TucsonPug
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2016 2:00:41 AM
Of course I cook for myself and it's so easy,
I've never eaten a ready meal, hardly ever eat takeaways. Everything is cooked from scratch.
I eat the same as I would if cooking for a family, any excess goes in the freezer for another day.
My fridge is stuffed with fruit and fresh veg. the freezer has loads of frozen veg too.
If I don't fancy spending longer than a few minutes in the kitchen omelets are quick and easy.
 Onyx49
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/17/2016 1:25:11 PM
Well, it's good to know a quick, easy and hot meal will be waiting....
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/21/2016 8:15:17 AM
Oh quack quack oops....
I just reread my last post..
My weight is around TEN stone =140pounds
- just in case anyone thought I looked like Michelin Man !

Marmite baby
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2016 10:57:11 AM
I usually do a cooked meal for myself about 5 times a week. Otherwise left overs (if I froze meals I'd never eat them). I more or less eat what I want and have some days when I eat loads, others very little.
The biggest issue I have/had is waste. Fresh veg on offer is usually in family packs and likewise chicken. I use a mix of fresh and frozen now.
I use an electric steamer for potatoes, fish and veg, plus casserole mixes for one pot wonders with boiled veg. In spite of omelets etc I still waste eggs.
I cook curries, chow mien and pasta dishes plus experiment with recipes when I feel like it but the casserole and steamed fish are my go to if tired. If extra tired baked potato.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2016 8:27:55 AM
Aitche, Notts, Cleverkittten .............all gone!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2016 8:28:59 AM
Clever little switch, nice dummy and GOAL!!!!!!!!
 Onyx49
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/4/2016 5:15:20 PM
OMG...find something to live for ya muley ole geezer....
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >