Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funny-loyal-real
Msg: 189
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
How interesting I think a few of the guys on here are EXACTLY the same you scenario sounds just like mine but thank god i hadn;t FULLY stopped talking to some of the other potentials, but I agree even if i wasn't what that person wanted he should have told me so i could go OK lets see OVER... case closed... but being left to wonder is just Lame... Girl if you need to vent lets vent I am sure we have some whoppers! no wonder they call it plenty of
 TombstoneTom
Msg: 190
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 1:12:45 AM

He contacted me first. I ignored his emails

That was not very nice! someone took the time to write you, and you did not have the manners to respond?..........

A Man will not appreciate that. he makes little notes in his head of a woman's conduct. If She is not into him, and suddenly she is, he questions WHY......

See, if you turn on suddenly for no reason, A man can also suspect that you can also turn OFF suddenly.

Why can't some men just put on their 'big boy' pants and be honest?

Why wasn't you up-front from the get-go and promptly respond to the e-mail? did you exhaust all your other suitor possibilities and THEN contact him? Bad move!

POOF! He has disappeared

So would I. from the tone of your post you sound like someone who can dish it out, but can't take it.

You reap what you sow sweetie.

Sounds like he has found someone else more stable in their actions. In layman's terms, you blew it big time.

Tom
 Erik da Viking
Msg: 191
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:44:41 AM

(fra59e) Surely in 2008 we know that each person is an individual and worthy of our respect and being treated accordingly and you will notice I did NOT make any gender-specific reference there.

"Knowing" something, and feeling it, are rarely, if ever, the same thing. F'r instance, I know that my son is only 1 of 7 billion human beings. However, my feelings for him are rather different than, and not dictated by, what I know.

"Thrill of the chase" - pshaw. If any woman expects me to "chase" her I will just move on. Fast. If she treats me as her equal and expects me to treat her as my equal then the chances are we will get along. "Chasing" is for hunters. I am not a hunter of women, I am a lover of women. Any time I want to "chase" I will go hunt deer in Idaho.

I agree with everything you said. Except that last bit: Idaho is too far away for me!

Arlo
 Rugerman
Msg: 192
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:48:27 AM
Did you ignore him? He may have became tired of the chase. Even a dog stops chasing his tail eventually
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 193
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:52:41 AM
Chasing him and asking him politely to please indicate his decision not to contact you anymore or 2 different things. He owes you an explanation.
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 194
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:53:32 AM
Rugerman: actually a dog doesn't stop chasing its tail - it picks up again after a while....it just needs a little break
 mthomjmark
Msg: 195
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 3:03:10 PM
First of all why dont you put on your big girl dress and stop playing games. What comes around goes around.

You ignored his emails. How mature is that? not very. "you gave in to him". How magical. Its the great basis of any relationship. OMG

He either has a girlfriend, wife, or he just found someone better. It happens all the time with women and men. You need to be prepared for it if online dating is your thing.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 196
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:02:52 PM
You didn't answer him because? I see in more than a few women's profiles they have so many men after them they can't keep up with all of them, which sounds like not only men play games
 steven.harris
Msg: 197
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:36:15 PM
Exactly! Women only want to do things when it's convenient for them.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 198
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 11:06:09 AM
What usually happens is after they go through all the "hot" guys and realize most them want a roll in the sack and nothing more, they go back and start contacting the "average" guys but by this time, weeks have passed and the average guys have said, the hell with you, I won't be your last resort. But some will decide, hey I'm gonna give her a little dose of what she gave me, and string her along for awhile. Next post for the woman is "where have all the good guys gone?" to which the reply would be "They're still here, just moved on to more respectful women because they didn't feel like sitting around waiting for you to find them worthy."
 Fifi47
Msg: 199
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 12:02:34 PM
Same for women. If I had a dollar for every nice guy I have met who has been hurt by a mean woman who of course he still loved I would be a rich woman.Opposites seem to attract, but it seems tobe situations that are not emotionally healthy. If nice men woulld give the nice, average looking women a chance, many here would no longer be searching for their fish.
 MaryAnn Singleton
Msg: 200
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:19:59 PM
The disappearing act happens all the time in online dating. I used to wonder why as well, but now I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. Actions matter. If the guy disappears, it doesn't really matter why - he's gone, it's over, move on. Actually I guess now that I think of it, a guy who disappears is really saying, "I'm no longer interested."

I think that the wisest course is to spend the least amount of time wondering about the "why" - it happened so don't waste any more time on it.
 PaulJSINY
Msg: 201
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:43:08 PM
The list of maybes are endless as to why. Frankly men are not the only ones who play t the disappearing act.
The I don't owe you an explanation bothers me a great deal. But it is the nature of the beast.
People are generally cowards very few will offfer an explanation. I agree with one poster that rejecting someone is hard so most don't bother to offer a reason.
I too have gone through the endless writing of emails with no reponse. I get it basically I must not be what they are looking for. Yes as the song goes Wouldn't It Be Nice,
yes it would be great if we all took the time to be courteous. That is not how the world operates.
I too sadly have taken the approach of not bothering to respond. Some one who'se profile does not match my interests or life style is very different from mine or physically not what I am looking for I have not responded too of late.
One said she loved the finer things in life duh. Go hang out at the bank and see who makes a deposit. Surely she barked up the wrong tree. Sure I like the finer things in life but don't have the means to support it. In this case I did respond with honesty sorry I wrote I love the finer things in life as well but you should seek someone else.
And wished her luck.
Anyway the reasons are endless sure it would be nice to know the why. I like you have gotten hung up on the why in the past. Now I try to accept people are going to offer an explanation for they feel there is none owed.
 PaulJSINY
Msg: 202
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:49:15 PM
The list of maybes are endless as to why. Frankly men are not the only ones who play t the disappearing act.
The I don't owe you an explanation bothers me a great deal. But it is the nature of the beast.
People are generally cowards very few will offfer an explanation. I agree with one poster that rejecting someone is hard so most don't bother to offer a reason.
I too have gone through the endless writing of emails with no reponse. I get it basically I must not be what they are looking for. Yes as the song goes Wouldn't It Be Nice,
yes it would be great if we all took the time to be courteous. That is not how the world operates.
I too sadly have taken the approach of not bothering to respond. Some one who'se profile does not match my interests or life style is very different from mine or physically not what I am looking for I have not responded too of late.
One said she loved the finer things in life duh. Go hang out at the bank and see who makes a deposit. Surely she barked up the wrong tree. Sure I like the finer things in life but don't have the means to support it. In this case I did respond with honesty sorry I wrote I love the finer things in life as well but you should seek someone else.
And wished her luck.
Anyway the reasons are endless sure it would be nice to know the why. I like you have gotten hung up on the why in the past. Now I try to accept people are not going to offer an explanation for they feel there is none owed.
 prairiechick2
Msg: 203
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:49:23 PM
I know what you mean OP. It only happened to me once. But it sucked.
Some men just need to man up. I'm getting real tired of the games some men like to play.
 fra59e
Msg: 204
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:57:25 PM
Well, men "disappearing" isn't as tacky as what one woman did to me last year. She just didn't bother to show up at the place she had agreed to meet. Never an apology or explanation. There are jerks and lowlifes in both sexes.
 rebelinlex
Msg: 205
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:07:46 PM
ive talked to great deal of very pretty women on here.... why did he stop calling? why they dont they email me back... dont see interest, move on....
 Pixy Dust
Msg: 206
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:08:27 PM
I have had it happen to me before and it hurts.. I think the ego more then anything....

It is easy to be excited about a new prospect, looking at their picture, reading a profile then a few emails and IM's ... phone conversations... especially if they can be engaging... I can be swept in and I'm sure a man can too... you date for awhile... the problem is the facade of this fantasy falls away as you get to know the real deal... if you've been intimate it can make it that much worse to tell them ehhh, no.... and it can be easier to poof unless they become really annoying then I have no problem telling them what I really think... now is it ideally the best way to handle relationships? Even short term ones?... well no... after a month that's usually when the veil of illusion begins to fall and reality sets in... I'm a big girl, if I give myself over for a physical relationship then I better be ready for what happens afterwards...

I too used to worry a great deal, and to be honest it would hurt if I really liked him and it wasn't recipricated. But in the end it wasn't meant to be... we just dust our britches off and move on...
 MrT.
Msg: 207
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 7/8/2008 5:59:35 PM
I can't believe there's 10 pages of this thread.I thought that's Dating:101.ESPECIALLY ON A DATING SERVICE!!! How ironic! Everyone get's screwed in one way or another at some point during their life. Sometimes what would appear as if you're leading them on,is really just a sign of confusion(not your soulmate afterall).There's such a sense of excitement and jubilation when you meet someone who you could have a meaningful conversation with,who seems to"Get It!" But,unfortunately even the talk becomes "cheap".It becomes more catastrophic then it should.Yes,it's wrong for keeping people hung out to dry.That sux! Most people can't handle the inevitable breakup,breakdown,break point,breakfast,...I Brake For Small Animals(not people)...I'm baaaack!
See,just when you thought that it was safe to go into the water,...
...Hey! Where are you going? Why did you stop calling?

Btw,the dude who claims EVERYONE on here cheats and has other relationships going on the side (spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend)...Nice to give a bad name to us guys and demean the woman.Thanks.

THE GIG IS UP!!! Way to let the cat out of the bag.

Take cover!

wondering1980
Msg: 208
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 7/8/2008 10:17:33 PM
he prob was spoken for cause thats what happened to me....he lead me on for 6 weeks while he was with some other girl for the same length of time and saying i was just a chick he knew...he basically disappeared after he borrowed money from me
 snglntx03
Msg: 209
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:23:47 PM
There is a book out "He's just not that into you". Maybe he decided he just wasn't that into you???? When this happens to me, I just repeat that phrase over and over and move on!
 MrCleanAndNice
Msg: 210
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 8/13/2008 12:06:11 PM
Its pretty easy. A person is on here to meet in person. Because the pics are old and the lyrics are worst. A man will do whatever he can to meet you in person and see if you are telling the truth. When he discovers you are lying he leaves. Why can't women just be honest up front? No intelligent man is going to put you on a thrown for a long time without knowing who you really are. They will do it to meet you in person, but after that you need to be real.
 MrCleanAndNice
Msg: 211
view profile
History
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 8/13/2008 12:10:35 PM
Forget about the disappearing act, why is their no follow-through? You go though all this trouble to meet someone in person and then when its time to meet she never appears in the first place. Is this what you all the pre-disappearing act? LOL
 sheria
Msg: 212
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 8/13/2008 5:18:05 PM
So there with you..Met a great guy, he said I was great...talked all the time, now he's busy...all the time...just be honest and straight...what have you got too lose...
 sheria
Msg: 213
WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?
Posted: 8/13/2008 5:19:44 PM
Well said Fifi47....
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > WHY DID HE STOP CALLING?