Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Account Deleted
Msg: 44
What do women mean when they say I feel safe with him?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
When I say "I feel safe with him." I mean I trust him.
 *Respited*Heart*
Msg: 46
What do women mean when they say I feel safe with him?
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:09:40 AM
Speaking for just myself and how I define it for my own personal relationship with someone....

It means nothing physical as in size/protection.

It means that my emotions are kept in a place of respect and maturity with him. And his with me.
 MsMoonshadow
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:15:52 AM
The only guys I feel "safe" with are ex-cops or bouncers:)
They know what to look out for when we're out on a date
and how to react to it. Otherwise, just a big guy who can
block a few punches lol. Big, burly men make me feel safe.
 OutMind
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:32:36 AM

it means that when u are next to him ..no matter where ..no matter how u feel ..good or bad ..happy or sad ..u'll have that feeling inside that nothing can happen to you ...that moment when u feel like it cannot get any better just because u are with him and thats all u need ..thats what feeling safe means to me

What a great definition.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:34:22 AM
I've only told one man I feel safe with him. For me, it is not about physical safety. I feel I can tell him anything, because he is such a good listener... who listens for what I mean and asks questions to clarify anything he doesn't understand. Months later he'll say something that reveals he truly "gets" who I am. I can reveal my flaws and it will be okay, because he accepts me for who I am.
 kssadeyes
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:36:50 AM
hello
When I am with someone and I can honestly say I feel SAFE with them it means I can be who I am and not worry about anything I say being taken out of context, it means I can let my hair down and be silly, if a fight broke out I would be safe from all harm, if this person hugs me Then all fear of the unknown about tomorrow is gone, being safe is different to all, soem it means money, fights, verbal abuse,physical abuse, some it just means I can be who I am with out fear
 quietcowboy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:41:09 AM

These two statements and the fact that you can feel pretty (or comfortable) wearing your glasses in their presence, you don't have to fight them off, and just enjoy their company. Many times, you like them just as friends, but you just feel comfortable and enjoy your time with them. Someday, I hope to find the combination of what I just mentioned and true chemistry.

When I heard it said about me, MissW definition seems fit the bill. Of course when I've heard it I think to myself "can I kill her and get away it?", it is never anything I want to hear.
 Ignoble
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:49:46 AM
RE: First post.

Seriously? Its the same feeling of safety you have in the arms of a woman you care about. If you dont know what they're talking about... I kinda feel sorry for you man.
 breath~
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:36:48 AM
Feeling safe … to me…. means he will do his best to not allow me be harmed.

Muscles have nothing to do with it.

It’s strength of character.

He knows the strength of kindness,
He knows the strength of thinking before speaking,
He knows the strength of loving.
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:42:44 AM
It means, "I am now able to pursue my unilateral dreams while this stooge protects me thinking all the while that I really "love" him [followed by derisive laughter]"
 jimi77
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:48:27 AM
It means he is a nice guy and she will become board with him and dump him in the near future..
 slowburn43
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:12:14 PM
Safe is when you look into his eyes & see forever staring back!! When you know that all things,good,bad & ugly are going to be ok,because no matter what happens your safe right there in his arms looking foreward to forever & knowing he will catch you when & if you fall.
Thats safe.....
 country girl 1963
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:40:20 PM
I NEED to know that I will find a man who will be there through everything, who will hold me when things are rough, who has mental, emotional and physical power to keep me feeling safe when life gets hard!!

I have this in my profile.. Safe in his arms and in his life!!!

Safe in his 'arms' is a physical thing. He is strong, I feel that he would defend me if I was ever threatened, that he would protect me from the evils out there. I have been with one man who, when he held me, made me feel totally protected from the world. Unfortunately he could not make me feel safe in his life!

Safe in his 'life' is an emotional/mental thing. He will be the kind of person who will stand by his woman through everything that life dishes out. That he is the kind of man who can communicate well, who lets me know where I stand with him at all times and who I KNOW will love me!! My husband was more of this sort of a man. He lacked the physical strength that I now desire, but I never doubted his love or his faith in us or me.

NOW I guess I need to have it all. Getting to old to not want a man who I KNOW has the mental/emotional and physical strength to make me feel safe.

Country Girl 1963
 Marius66
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:01:23 PM
I got a feeling that the OP was referring to emotional safety...

Which means that she trusts him.......
 toloveagain
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:08:22 PM
When I felt "safe" with a man, it meant that no matter what the world threw at us, it could never touch me. I knew he would be beside me through h*ll and highwater. I knew he absolutely loved me beyond day and night. I knew we would figure out any issue we had and get through it together.......
 carolann0308
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:17:39 PM
For me, it's a feeling of trust and well being. You know this man will care for you, support you emotionally and even physically if ever called upon. It has nothing to do with money. It is sort of the same feeling a woman has towards a father with whom she had a great relationship. Complete and total trust in looking after your best interest.
 *buzz*
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:23:00 PM
It is about trust, reliability, positive outlook ...

Also a dose of adventure that has not reached peak in another person... makes realise and appreciate feeling s a f e.
It happened to me while we went diving. My hand grip said it all but as time passed on I relaxed and in the end enjoyed the trip. I felt safe with him.
Being real buddies in someone else's territory is pretty awesome feeling.
 dijobe
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:32:29 PM
Well, from true life cases, I have found that when women say that to me about another guy, it means he is gay and poses no threat to her sexually, and she can relax and become 'uninhibited' with him. She feels no threat, like another lady friend.
Just my 2 cents worth.
-------------------------
 WisegirlChris
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/24/2008 1:35:40 PM
I agree with english lass. IMO it means that she feels he wont hurt her emotionally, and or physically and he will look out for her interests nor will he let others hurt her.
 kayfay
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/24/2008 2:26:06 PM
Since you said you wanted specific examples, do what was suggested in message #12. Her response was totally accurate/true/perfect, and I quote:

"I feel safe when a man puts his arm around me in public..I feel safe when a man steps in and voices his opinion in front of others when they have tried to belittle me or humiliate me..I feel safe when a man shows me respect and appreciation..I feel safe just being in the presence of a man who I may be seeing at the time..I feel safe if I'm made to feel like I'm #1 in his life..I feel safe if the man has muscle, but it certainly isn't necessary..."

ALSO: If you want to make a woman feel happy/safe, show via actions and words that you love her unconditionally, you accept her no matter what, and use the aforementioned information.

Spend time with her if she lives alone, or does not have family/parents, even if she seems successful and independent. Let her know that if she needed a ride to the doctor/work/whatever, she can call you any time -- especially if she is older and has no parents.

Lastly: Spend time with her physically, or make her think you want to, especially at night. Women want to feel wanted, and they want to feel safe. In college, I had a sociology teacher that stated that women live their lives by a "rape schedule." Like, we're somewhat less inclined to want to go to the gym/walk in a parking lot/whatever in the dark, ALONE.

To some extent -- NOT all -- this is true. Women are not inferior, but we are more easily physically over powered. We also tend to be nurturers, or at least some of us. If we care a lot about you and WANT to take care of you -- and if we don't know how /where you are, or if we can't/you won't let us be there, it can make SOME of us feel fearful, insecure, and frustrated. Especially if we've "lost" something we loved in the past.

That's just my opinion, and I realize others may not share it. Good luck!
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 2:30:32 PM
Hmmmm... maybe when a woman says she feels safe with a guy she's found a eunuch?
 jesseld
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/24/2008 3:12:29 PM

I hear that stated every once and a while.
Are the women saying that the man resemble a bodyguard while out in public?
Or are they stating that he has money and she longer have to worry about that?
What makes a woman feel safe around a guy?

It means you will put an ass whooping on God himself if he tries to hurt your woman.

It means that when the shit hits the fan you will still be there to hold her and let her know it will be alright and you can work through it.

It means that when your in a bar or club and every Tom,****and Harry is hitting on her, you'll give her the chance to tell them no but if they don't listen, you'll make sure they get the idea.

It means that when she feels at her lowest, she knows she can look to you and your hand will be there to lift her up.
 echo*
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/24/2008 3:43:15 PM
It means different things to different people. When I say it I mean that when I'm with him I don't feel threatened or pressured into things. I can also mean it in the sense that I can relax and not feel as though I have to worry as much, like he's got my back. It's a great feeling for me.
 kayfay
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/24/2008 3:44:43 PM
jesseld, where have you been all my life?

GREAT POST!

I quote: "It means you will put an ass whooping on God himself if he tries to hurt your woman.

It means that when the shit hits the fan you will still be there to hold her and let her know it will be alright and you can work through it.

It means that when your in a bar or club and every Tom,****and Harry is hitting on her, you'll give her the chance to tell them no but if they don't listen, you'll make sure they get the idea.

It means that when she feels at her lowest, she knows she can look to you and your hand will be there to lift her up."

YOU ROCK!!!
 crayonzz
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/24/2008 3:53:11 PM
Women have been raised to seek their hansome prince but to believe that all men, outside their families are nothing but a pack of predators. A bunch of Neandertals.

When they start dating and find that most guys are not predators this comes as a real surprise. The feeling of safety when they expected to feel danger.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >