Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WesternRose
Msg: 118
What do women mean when they say I feel safe with him?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
My read on it?....
She has been hurt by a man...or men in the past.
Either physically, verbally abused....or a man has lied or cheated on her in a really big way.

Feeling safe with him....this one is not going to throw a temper tantrum and abandon me somewhere when we go out.
This guy is not going to insult me in public.
This guy is not going to threaten me, subtly or in my face.

This guy may actually make me feel good about dating again and getting close to a man again.

I am not scared. I am actually relaxed and happy when I am with him.

that was just some gut feelings on the question. my 2 cents.
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 119
What do women mean when they say I feel safe with him?
Posted: 2/5/2008 2:16:27 AM
My read on it?....
She has been hurt by a man...or men in the past.
Either physically, verbally abused....or a man has lied or cheated on her in a really big way.

Men have been hurt by women allso and proably more than women you got this guy you feel safe with than the bad boy type comes along and you jump into a realtionship with him or you just jump into bed with him and than you expecte the safe guy t6o hang around for you to screw over again..
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:31:31 PM
Class
I have not meet many women since my wife passed away but i have seen what has happen in the 35 years i was married and that was the only one
 theforumfiend
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:45:48 PM
If I say a man makes me feel safe he has received the best compliment I will ever give. It is reserved for the man that I can respect and trust not to deliberately hurt or abuse me. This man also accepts me – warts and all - giving me the freedom to accept him in the same way. There have only been two men in my lifetime I have said this about.
 eroch
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 2:41:07 PM
What else do you want it to mean. Sounds like the subject says it all. A sense of security is a great thing to have in a relationship.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 3:42:50 PM
Any guy should take it as a HUGE compliment when a woman says she feels safe with him. It's hard for us guys to understand the world through a woman's eyes, sometimes. It's straight-up dangerous sometimes for women, and they can be made to feel uncomfortable or ill-at-ease much more often than we realize. Women can act very composed and unafraid when some douchebag or weirdo is literally making them freak out.

When a woman tells me that she feels safe with me, it means to me that she feels she can count on me to protect her in a dangerous situation AND it means that there are no "red flags" coming up as far as our relationship is concerned. It's the best compliment you'll ever get from a woman.

As far as what, specifically, makes her feel safe? I've been told that it's a guy being honest, consistent, confident, and able to handle himself in different situations.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 126
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:33:43 PM
Height has nothing to do with what I was referring to. One of the men that made me feel safe was 5'11" and the other was 5'4".

Mr Fair and Firm, if you aren't the kind of person to use someone then you have nothing to be so offended about.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/6/2008 9:19:09 PM
"It means that he is the patsy that will serve and protect and never have her emotionally or physically. " You are so wrong. The man that makes me feel safe is the one I want to give myself to emotionally and physically.
 ohellyes
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/6/2008 9:35:14 PM
it means forget it,, hang her up.... good guy.. nice guy,, friend,,,,,,, you ani't gett'n any,,,, she thinks your gay ..........................................
 toooldtoplay
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/9/2013 11:37:19 AM
That's a good question op. I want to know the answer myself. This girl told me exactly that and I never really thought about it till you started this thread. I am tall and I am nice, lol. It's gotta be more than that. I ended up getting frustrated with this woman because she wouldn't have sex with me and she wasn't trying to get other boyfriends. I guess she was just going through a rough time in her life, she had gone to prison for murder and I did help her as much as I could, but I was young and she is probably gone forever. I've been in at least 3 other relationships since then and none of these women have what I need. Money, gold, black gold, Texas Tea.
 Proteaus
Msg: 134
Posted: 2/9/2013 4:45:57 PM
He probably in their friend zone . Basically he has been domesticated . Same as a good pet dog then .
 the_biggavell
Msg: 135
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:19:13 PM
I feel safe with him= he's the boss of me
(And he puts me in my place)
 jlynn1955
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:23:26 PM
When I say that, it means that I don't feel he is going to hurt me or break my heart. It means I trust him in every way. I met a guy on POF I felt that way about. Different women mean it in different ways I guess, but for me it had nothing to do with money or anything like that. I don't know what made me feel like that about him. I just did from the moment I met him.
The men answering your question are either joking or don't have a clue. I felt this guy was a "keeper" and it had nothing to do with money, looks, or anything like that. It also didn't mean I just wanted him for a friend. I really liked him quite a bit.
I don't recall ever having that "safe" feeling before.

Jerilyn
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:23:53 PM
If she feels safe it means she trusts him with her heart. This is what all women are looking for and very few women find it, so if a woman actually says this out loud you can bet she won't be letting him go.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 6:01:29 PM

If she feels safe it means she trusts him with her heart. This is what all women are looking for and very few women find it, so if a woman actually says this out loud you can bet she won't be letting him go.

.. nah... this guy VVVVVVVVVVVV has it correct....

" I feel safe with him " means that he's a good guy to hang out with until a bad boy who REALLY turns her on shows up or the bad boy she had kids with decides to show up again. The " safe guy " is a temporary guy who she can do things with, who is always there for her, listens and talks with her.

" Safe guy " and " nice guy " are often interchangeable terms but " safe guy " may end up in her bed for a while.

The safe guy is in the same group as the woman's gay male friends.

jlynn1955
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:33:39 PM
As I said: the men are either joking or don't have a clue.

il capitano proves my point.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:52:12 PM

As I said: the men are either joking or don't have a clue.

il capitano proves my point.

Yah-but, did you bang him, or put him in with the gay friends?

Besides.... you speak for all the rest of your sistahs? Nah, don't think so.... feeling safe doesn't equate to wanting to bang the guy. I'd say it's likely NOT much of a real turn on.

Bbooooom
Msg: 141
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:54:22 PM
They are relating to their daddy issues.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:26:47 PM
It sounds like a compliment when a gorgeous lady says to you.."I feel safe with you".
Two points of concern. She finds you predictable and unattractive. Not physically attracted to you. You could also be a "provider". So basically you are in for a headache. You could be the safe house and provider whiles she finds someone exciting, and if you are lucky, she will dump you and move on with the new fella...If unlucky then you will be sharing her fine assets with someone else ..not that this is rare. lol..Most do share without knowing..ignorance is truly bliss.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:07:17 AM
I think what they mean is that his Koq is so big they can stand under it and not worry about the rain or lightning....
;-)
 Rythmn
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 3:49:40 PM
he has your back when out in public, even though you might disagree on things. he doesn't loose it too often and when he does, no physical overtures. yes, there is a physical component as well, but it is secondary in my world to the first. if i was in the wild west, maybe it would be different. he is trustworthy, stable, reliable and kind. not a flake or liar.
 Bryan31337
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/2/2013 11:03:15 PM
This is it. I know its kind of dated, but i just seen this. This is a beautiful parable to what "it" really means to woman to be safe.
 trinity818
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/3/2013 11:42:19 AM
The meaning is dependent on the context.

I've said it, and meant that I literally felt safer in his presence. It was a good thing. I felt that he could protect me from physical harm.

It can also mean that she feels safe from sexual temptation. Clearly that would not normally be a good thing.
 cotter
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2013 3:14:45 PM

What makes a woman feel safe around a guy?
For me it has mostly to do with trust. I doubt any woman wants to think she's out with a potential rapist or murderer ... so that is always a concern.

I feel very safe around men I know ... men I know enough about that if they tried anything awful with me, it would be difficult for them to escape my telling on them.

If I don't "feel safe" around a man or don't know him well enough to trust him, I don't meet him alone, don't invite him to my home, don't get in a car with him.

Are the women saying that the man resemble a bodyguard while out in public?
For me it has nothing to do with "bodyguard" while out in public. I don't generally frequent places that I'd need a bodyguard at.

Or are they stating that he has money and she longer have to worry about that?

I don't need money to be happy ... don't need a man with money in order to feel secure.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2013 3:26:27 PM
... last time I said that to a man ... "we're safe together" ... I meant neither of
us would ever pressure the other to do something we didn't want to do ... in
that one specific case, I knew he was completely commitment phobic ... so he
wouldn't start pressuring me to get more deeply involved (i.e., MARRIAGE)
than I was comfortable with doing ...

I knew that whatever we did, it would be a MUTUAL decision with no one being
pushed, forced or otherwise intimidated to do ... so I thought "we're safe
together" ...

he, of course, was insulted and thought I didn't find him a temptation sexually ...
he thought I didn't consider him "dangerous" or "exciting" ... and he thought
I considered him incapable of fighting off all predators like lions, dragons, tigers
or whatever medieval threat came our way ... so I explained ...

when a woman says that, it's pretty-much whatever SHE means ... not generically
... so ... ASK HER ...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >