Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
If a guy got arrested while on a date with you for a warrentPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Shug you seem to want to gloss over this as NO BIG DEAL... Which in an of itself is telling.

My ex spouse has a cousin that is 42, and arrest warrents are the story of his life...

When you gloss over getting in trouble with the law, unless the girl you are out with is beyond hard up for dates, it will be a last one...

I am sure your date was just thrilled to be part of someone being arrested as everyone stared at you and her wondering if the countries most wanted just got nailed...

Happy fishing with that kind of life style.
 douglas casey
Msg: 23
If a guy got arrested while on a date with you for a warrent
Posted: 1/26/2008 12:50:53 PM
Hey man, perhaps the girl you were waiting for called the cops on you, why were you outside the bar "waiting for here"..
 Urbanessa
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/26/2008 1:17:57 PM

I wouldn't date anyone who did things which resulted in a warrant for his arrest. That he'd qualify his arrest as not being "something bad" means he must be very experienced with the legal system.

Not necessarily.
I've been in similar situations twice, in both cases traffic violations. One was a ticket that had been given to me by mistake. Five bucks for parking in the wrong spot. However, I hadn't parked in the wrong spot and therefore refused to pay. The jerk at the traffic violations office, though, ignored my statements as well as the statements of two witnesses as well as the pictures from the scene. She said she didn't care what I got to say and what my neighbors had seen, but kept on pressing I pay the ticket. She actually sent rather nasty letters, and I kept refusing to pay (not because of the five bucks but out of principle) and kept sending statements why I didn't do wrong: After almost two years (!) the thing went to a judge (not a hearing, though), with the jerk from the traffic violations office not passing on my statements/witnesses's statements or photos to the judge. Judge decided on arresting me. Thankfully, that happened on my planet (not in the U.S.), so a copy of the arrest warrant was sent to me with the possibility to voice my defense within a week. So I sent copies of my statements, my witnesses' statements, photos of the scene as well as the traffic violations office jerk's nasty letters to the judge. The whole thing resulted in the arrest warrant being dropped and the jerk losing her job. YAY!

The second time it happened I had (rightfully) been given a ticket for speeding. However, the ticket never made it to my house. It happened in a city where I had lived ten years before, and for some reason instead of sending the ticket notification to my house some hundred miles away they kept sending the mail to my former address where it never reached me. Again, a judge ruled an arrest warrant, and THAT was finally sent to me real home. I was able to convince the judge that I had never received any ticket notification, paid for the ticket immediately and the warrant was dropped. Again, the warrant was solely based on somebody's mistake in a traffic violations office.

So I wouldn't be too quick to judge. Hear what the person in question has got to say first.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:59:41 PM
Yes, I'd say getting arrested during a date means bad news in the future. If I've only known him for a few days, it's not worth the drama.
 nexthyme
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2008 4:21:07 PM
OK, getting a clear picture of you... "Dads been in and out of prison, so you think that is normal..." No, it is NOT normal for a good portion of the population to be in and out of jail or prison...

It is NOT normal to think popping your rivals ex gf on the butt is normal either... That IS assault and battery... Talking $h!t about your rival in a bar is a sure recipy for trouble, as is smashing his face in the bar, and punching the bouncer in the stomach. Which could have gotten you charged with felony assaults and battery since you ARE (according to you) a pro boxer.

We don't know what kind of stuff you talked to this gal about, but chances are the arrest was the straw that broke the camels back of her interest.

Something to consider, stay away from alcohol, it seems to get you in more trouble than doing you any good.

Arrested or not, she may have just NOT been into you... Happens to most of us...

Harsh lesson to put yourself out on a forum and admit to all this...

I too have read other threads you have posted on... You have brains, use them for your benefit... What happened in your past such as the example in your life can be an issue for you in the future... It isn't normal, and I would make dang sure it is not the norm for you life.

You have a lot of life a head of you...Perhaps a little anger management courses might help.. REALLY, this little thing of a fight, and then what you described as "tunnel vision", not a benefit when you are not in a boxing ring...
 douglas casey
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/26/2008 9:47:26 PM
The reason we have a justice system in this country, and around the globe is to keep the peace, Maybe you will win your Golden Gloves Title in prison.. I don't think the rules of society are based on your Machissmo, my friend. The only one's that will benefit from your actions is your lawyer and his banker.. and perhaps your parole officer.. If you put as much effort into yourself, as you do tryin to be the Man, the benefits of your actions might just be acknowleged by someone other than yourself..Innocent or guilty, take it like a man, or drop the gloves..
 melbasmooch
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/26/2008 10:52:44 PM
Hmmmm... I may laugh until I cried. Not sure.

Then I probably would realize that I was totally turned off by this "scene".

Some women may like that kind of drama, but not me!

Unless he was able to prove that it REALLY WASN'T something I would consider bad, I'd have to say I wouldn't date the man anymore.

I figure that if I've gotten this far in my life without any incidents with the law, most people should be able to do the same.
 melbasmooch
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/26/2008 10:54:41 PM
P.S. Any man that would be proud of getting in any kind of altercation and justify it with not throwing the first punch would definitely make my "DO NOT DATE" list, pronto.
 nexthyme
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 1:11:42 AM
Mr CSI, if you don't mind my saying you have a WAY cool job. Sorry I know it is off topic, but it is cool to see the real people out there, doing the things the TV shows make look so easy.

I was in the medical field for 10 yrs, then job injury took that away, so now I am in college for legal studies..If I was younger, I would be in college for what you are doing... TO old and burned out on mutilated people, or the like...

OP has a hard road, and I think it is helpful to see people such as yourself in the field letting him know these "little things" as he sees them are much bigger and badder than he'd like to admit.

You rock

4UMaybe
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 8:24:15 AM
I am not looking to date someone that has outstanding warrants, or has been arrested.
I am also not looking for people that get involved in bar fights. If it would "only" be for outstanding parking tickets that would tell me you can't take care of your own business.
I am also not looking to date people that have restraining orders against them from ex's or otherwise.
Your business, but I do not not live in that world.
 nexthyme
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 9:16:53 AM
Stevecollingwood, I agree with you... IT is interesting for being a nondrinker, he was at a bar...

Personally I would think that "flirting" with that kind of danger as in hanging with someone or friends that are drinking is NOT a very good choice either...

I seldom drink, and I also seldom find myself at establishments that are bars...
I have never been much of a drinker so it isn't a problem, however for someone that has had problems with that, it seems illogical to put yourself in such a position... I don't know, JMHO...
 nexthyme
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 2:51:56 PM
Monikerjak... Of course we don't know you... We can only guess, surmise, assume... We maybe right, we may be wrong... However we have life experience that has been asked for from a forum...

YES, it is like asking if someone wants to kick you in the nvts, creating a thread on here most the time...

I imagine most guys would NOT like being punched in the back of the head... HOWEVER not as many would feel it ok to smash the guys face on the bar counter either...

As an X ray tech had a patient that had that done to him, he broke his neck.. He had what they called a step off fracture, and YES he was paralyzed from the chest down.

These kinds of experience are things that WE responders bring back to the thread.

PERSONALLY I could see belting the guy a real good one. However YOU stated yourself you were antagonizing him with your own behavior...

IS that the ONLY bar in your town?

IF someone was fluffing on my nite out, I'd leave, getting into a brawl just doesn't seem worth the trouble... BUT guess that is just me, and my middle aged wisdom...
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/30/2008 8:52:02 AM
As someone who used to work in bars...turst me on this...she has no interest in some overly macho lil boy who gets in bar fights. You might like her but you arent her type...she sees it all the time...some lil boy who cant handle his beer and his temper getting into fights and having to have the cops charge him before he learns to cool down...and trust me she gets approached by guys like you all the time who think its no big deal

Not everyone gets arrested...most grown ups learn how to use thier words to avoid conflict. Did you say you were a boxer? Well i would think you would know you cant just go around fighting just anyone. Grow up!

Also most mature/classy girls arent into guys with criminal records....especially when they dont take that seriously.

Good luck to you.
 WesternRose
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:16:18 AM
I would be too scared to date him.
My life does not need complications and other people's baggage.

I do not want to give my energy, my time, my concern to someone right now. I have my own life to deal with.

I am a very supportive friend, I constantly am out there helping strangers, but I can not get into someone's minidrama.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:58:30 AM
if i had just started dating someone and has been arrested that's fine, that happened before i ever came into the picture. if the arrest was for drugs or anything of the sort, i hope he learned a lesson. we've all done something bad in the past and it's a matter of time before it catches up with us....why hold it against someone? why should they hold it against the innocent party (new dating partner)? why should the new dating partner hold it against the one being convicted? if there are good feelings in the relationship regardless of how long i've been dating someone, i wouldn't hold that against the person unless it has to do with murder. call me stupid, call me a fool, call me what ever you like......it's only my own opinion.
 IamKaren
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:51:04 AM
It would depend on what the warrant was for. If while on the date, i would approach the pigs and just ask, why is he being arrested, then let him give me his story over the phone at a later date. But as bold a person as i am and being i always meet my date in my own car, i would folloe the pigs to the pig joint and get the facts on paper before i chunked Clyde Barrow.

A bunch of pigs arresting a person does not make them a criminal people. As far as bystanders are concerned that one poster stated would look lesser, i would glance at all of them and saw "Hey take pictures! We are making a movie and i am the actress as the cold killer is caught that aids in his escape and he portray Hannibal Lectures brother and i am the daughter of Frankenstein.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 12:03:04 PM
I love it when I get 3 pages into a thread, then realize that it's just a ressurection of a thread that's been dead and buried for months....

Threads need to go bye-bye when they haven't been posted in for months
 arwen52
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:54:09 PM

It was a stupid obstruction of justice charge I got when I got in a fight with this one guy which I was also charged with disorderly conduct.

Yeah, I think that would kind of kill any chance of a second date. Guys who get into fights really aren't my kind of guy.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:01:11 AM
Have not had that happen but the last moron I met from here it maybe should have! All the things he started telling me he "did" and who he really "was"...can you say BYE BYE and don't date the jerk? No need to entertain a jail rat.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >