Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beholder
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What if their pet doesn't like you?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well, if a woman is annoyed by my cat, she'd be... well just like everyone else. My cat can be really annoying.

I'd be hard pressed to choose a woman over the cat though - least of all one that didn't want to be with me purely on that basis.

*shrug*
 njardine
Msg: 3
What if their pet doesn't like you?
Posted: 1/27/2008 5:00:02 PM
Personally who cares, I think it's hard enough to find someone in this life who you want to spend the rest of your life with. If they care there crazy, so run, if you care your not focusing enough on the other person.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/27/2008 5:03:52 PM
This one is a NO brainer I think for those of us with pets. My dog is a SURE bet, 13 years worth. I KNOW she will still be my faithful companion 3 years from now if she is still alive. People are NEVER shure bets and even if I COULD get a 3 year "guarantee" from a woman, that would be kind of silly.

True, some animals can be quite selective AND protective of their owners. From most everything I have ever heard, Most pets are good judges of character. There is a good reason for the expression, "Love me, love my pet".

Turkey bacon is a good and reasonably nutricious choice for trying to win over a furry one.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 5:07:31 PM
The pound is right around the corner. If all else fails there is always the freezer.
 toolbelt46
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:43:23 PM
have u tried "milk bone" underwear????
 BamaBob
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2008 9:42:01 PM
I'm a former pet shop owner turned plumber... it wasn't the critters that made me leave the business. It was the people who purchased/adopted them. I love all kinds of animals but to see how goofy people can be is sickening. My ideas about people totally changed due to the pet business. I've just seen far too many people who have absolutely no business owning a pet of any kind....so, I'm jaded about people with pets. I've got a big mutt dog and if he don't like you then I know to check you out thoroughly but I don't necessarily believe that if he doesn't like a person that he/she is a bad person. Like has been said before dogs pick up on lots of things and are not infallible. The only person he has really gotten nasty with had a nervous condition. If someone I met came to my home and mistreated my dog or any other pet then they'd just have to go. Otherwise I pretty much give them a second chance to get to know my dog. First impressions are exactly that... impressions. They're hard to overlook but not necessarily correct assessments of people.
 Ignoble
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:39:48 AM
RE: First post.

Some people are as close to their pets as they are their children... so good luck. lol I think in that situation its YOU who is going to have to accept it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >