Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is Romance Dead?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is Romance Dead?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
With Valentines day looming forward it got me thinking. When I have been dating in the past, I can only remember ever being with one romantic partner at this time of year (or any other come to think of it). Most poo poo it as a money making waste of time.

This leads me to wonder if romance is a dying thing, that is no longer looked upon as a thing to be. Does anyone out there naturally show their admiration/love in a romantic way, or does it have to be forced if at all?

When was the last time you were given flowers?
 xx_trouble
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is Romance Dead?
Posted: 1/28/2008 2:41:17 AM
I'm not a fan of flowers, I just don't see the point really but thats just me. I did get some flowers for my birthday last year which was a nice surprise but I'd prefer something else if someone wanted to show they cared.
 AbstractAstra
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Is Romance Dead?
Posted: 1/28/2008 5:16:31 AM
I recently received flowers from my partner, which is the first time I've got flowers that weren't from family I don't think romance is completely dead; I think it just depends on the individual. I like romance though so bring it on!
 AbstractAstra
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is Romance Dead?
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:58:09 AM
tomvogue - potato peelings?

4dexter - what would you consider romantic?
 AbstractAstra
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Is Romance Dead?
Posted: 1/28/2008 4:29:21 PM
Lady spacktard - couldn't agree with you more. Little things like a nice text or a kiss on the cheek for no reason are really important. I don't need a lot of money spent on me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is Romance Dead?