Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SmartAlec
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Minimum age formulaPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
age is a state of mind I believe - not a formula. I have met some really immature 50 year old men and women and some bright mature 25 year olds. Also depends on where you are in your life? rather than the stated age.
 haywiresue
Msg: 25
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:26:14 AM
I think its all about what you are looking for. If its sex, the only age you should be worried about is the age of consent. If its a relationship, then you need to find someone who is/has things in common with you, which includes life experiences and things in common. So, a closer age relation might be in order. However, its all subjective and personal preferences.
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 27
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 8:03:24 AM
I also use the 10 year rule but my version of it. I'll date someone 10 years younger than I am and generally do tend to date younger guys but I won't date someone 10 years older than I am.
Nuff said......
PP
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 29
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 9:38:55 AM
^^^ well according to THAT formula, he was too old for me .......
PP
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 30
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 11:47:00 AM
^^^ Yea but sweetie, adding 10 years to your age is a big difference than adding 10 years to my age as a potential dating age range ... and that's just eeww.
PP
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 36
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 4:54:47 PM
^^^ well wearing socks to bed just ain't that attractive ...
PP
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 37
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:21:04 PM
Keeping your feet warm in bed, well that's just the guy's responsibility, plain and simple, comes with the territory. That and telling you if your nipples are crooked when your making adjustments to that new bra........
PP
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 39
Minimum age formula
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:50:42 PM
^^^ just like testicles .... only they're not as obvious .....
PP
 Michaelhappyday
Msg: 44
Minimum age formula
Posted: 7/13/2011 12:36:41 AM
I agree with some posters, age is a state of mind,
I still skydive, go dancing, travel the world, wear worn jeans and yes I sport an earring as well........I bet I could hang with the best of you and that at my age..lol.
The formula of.....my age/2 +7 = my dating range... sounds pretty solid, I don't feel like going to Chucky Cheese or get happy meals for the suprises that come with those......I already raised my kids.
 bigger_millwright
Msg: 46
Minimum age formula
Posted: 7/24/2011 6:22:13 AM
Personally I kinda like this formula... means I can lower my search age to 28!!!

edjoecdn
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Minimum age formula
Posted: 7/24/2011 11:22:58 AM
LOL..............

If they're old enuff to go to "the store" .. they're old enuff to get bread ! lol

Guys,..... sure many fantasize about the younger hotties... the tight bods and smooth skin..

Then you realize.... it's "teach time".... unless your like the neighborhood dog and just want to leave your apple seed... get off and get out ? ... Your so missing the pleasure of a knowledgeable woman...

Age doesn't matter ! But most women ( girls) under 30.... will be a less then fulfilling experience.. unless your into ( see dog above )
 williamjay
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Minimum age formula
Posted: 12/21/2011 12:53:35 AM
More realistic than ridiculous - but to each their own, really. There are quite a few reasons for keeping to close in age,( within 5 years either way), but the heart wants what the heart wants and so age is irrelevant when two people groove on each other and when the balance of power is kept close to equal, like in any healthy same-age relationship.

When I was younger, I tended to be with older women, (from 10 to 25 years difference) and in the past few relationships the opposite has occurred. I learned a lot, experienced different things with each, and have taught a lot. Those relationships though were relatively short-lived compared to women closer to my age of which two lasted for more than 8 years each.

The main trouble I've found with a big age difference is with the family and peer pressures. Too much pressure from outside and the relationship gets shredded, wherever that pressure may come from.
 whowantsaspanking
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Minimum age formula
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:06:04 PM
[qoute]Well, if my memory of junior high algebra serves me correctly:

[Guys age] / 2 + 7 = [Girl's Age]

[Guys age] / 2 = [Girl's Age] - 7

[Guys age] = 2 * [Girl's Age] - 7

See? I even showed my work. I'm assuming that order of operations applies, so I didn't bother with parenthesis.

Do I still get full marks?
[/qoute]

sorry my kidsdad66, but you don't get full marks, because parenthesis matter in this formula, we'll use the age 30 as an example:
[Guy's Age] / 2 + 7 = [Girl's Age] so 30/2+7=22
[Guy's Age] / 2 = [Girl's Age] - 7 so 30/2=22-7 = 15
[Guy's Age] = ([Girl's Age] - 7) * 2 so 30=(22-7)*2=15*2
using your final formula for the guy's age with the 22 year old girl:
2*22-7=44-7=37, (using proper order of operations where you multiply and divide before you add and subtract) which does not equal the original 30 that we started with in this exercise, in fact there's a 7 year difference.
Hope this clears up why it's important to remember your brackets :)
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >