Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwkfym1
Msg: 58
view profile
History
A Kissing Primer - for guys or those who need itPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Contrary to a lot of common conceptions, sometimes girls go too fast with too much tongue and slobber all over you.. Fine by me though, maybe they were just really into it.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 60
view profile
History
A Kissing Primer - for guys or those who need it
Posted: 3/27/2008 10:02:32 PM

So...no Lizards, no T- divers, no Worms. Oh, and no (slobbering) Dogs. ANy other animals need to be avoided?

hey now! some lizards know how to kiss!
 abelian
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/28/2008 12:13:53 AM
Kayliecat, you wrote a very complicated description of how YOU like to be kissed, but I've kissed a few women who are way more agressive than you are. Not everyone is the same. Here's an abbreviated version that works for everyone in one sentence: Take your cues from the person you're kissing. Then, you can't go wrong.
 clasact
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:39:04 PM
EXCELLENT post, just excellent! I nearly "fell" outta my chair -grins- That is THE way to do it. Been there, done that and am thankful for every moment. -devilish grin-
 matchlessm
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:24:58 AM
I more or less agree with RandomEntry. Tongue kissing's great, and I like it a lot. But unless the woman I'm with is really good at it, I tend to want a change of pace after a while.

I also like to kiss her lightly and sort of teasingly on the side and back of the neck, again and again, maybe moving my lips to her ear for a moment, or to the tops of her shoulders, or to the other side of her neck, or her throat, or even her hair. Just for a moment, I might quickly kiss along her clavicle, maybe letting my hair brush against her skin. And then quickly come up, meet her eyes, and kiss her mouth as my hand cups her face. If I'm really attracted to the woman, all this feels so good I don't want to stop--and I also don't want to do anything more quite yet. Just kiss and hold her.

I usually starts caressing her face or hair with my hands as I kiss her, and when I really get into it I may start making low little sounds to her, or whispering how pretty she looks, or how good the hint of perfume on her warm skin smells. I may like to adore her by stroking her hair as I kiss her slowly and gently all over the face-- eyelids, nose, cheeks, forehead, lips. At some point, my arm or hand may brush against one of her breasts, as if by accident. Usually, the woman will begin at some point to kiss me back very passionately, and that really turns me on. Can't help it, I'm not thinking, I just let my attraction for her express itself. And if we really do it for each other, I can kiss like that for hours.
 matchlessm
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/1/2008 11:08:04 PM
Thanks, Kaylie, you just made my day! And if I should ever go back to the Old Dominion . . . .

Seriously, I was just trying to recall what I used to do, and then put it into words. I don't like the idea of "technique"--if you're feeling affectionate, everything just happens. Of course, practice can't hurt, and with someone attractive, it can be so much fun!

Mike
 smiles0527
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 5:42:41 PM
What a perfect description of a great kiss!!!!!
 opnmydm
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/6/2008 1:03:23 AM
oh my, you are right on target with this one...i really don't think you left out a thing except asking me for a kiss...:)
 The Danger Zone
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/3/2008 8:43:59 PM
Wow!!! A page out of the Galmanual accidentally posted in the public forums.

Great thread.... Now, I only need to practice... Looking around for volunteers...

Maybe I can practice when I find my sweatshirt....
 WesternRose
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/4/2008 1:11:20 PM
For Gosh Sakes.... DO NOT OPEN UP YOUR MOUTH like you are at the Dentist...and SWALLOW her/his face!

YUCKY....YUCKY...just way too much saliva and I don't need my makeup washed off my face...and my pores cleaned thankyouverymuch!

yes...for gosh sakes...don't open up you jaw like you are a shark going in for the kill.

keep your lips together...not clenched...just closed...and a soft but firm kiss on the lips should do just fine....just see how that feels and relax....let the other person participate...don't try to suffocate.

good luck everyone.
 windloverr
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 6:35:35 PM
Just a few additional techniques that may prove fun.

1/After her lips are slightly moist, pull your lips about 1/8 to 1/4 inch away from hers, and suck air in moderatly to rapidly fast. This gives a wonderfully sensuous cooling sensation.

2/Occassionally back up to just feather light, or lighter, pressure with your lips, and then slowly brush your lips across hers, and maybe across her cheek. Feather light brushing of your lips across her closed eyelids is also a wonderful sensation. Then maybe kiss her forehead before you work your way back down to her lips.

3/Every now and then when you are feather light kissing, just barely tickle the corner of her mouth with the tip of your tongue. I can't explain this sensation, but it feels wonderful.
 867love
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:09:07 AM
if you want to win the girl -you gotta be able to knock her off her feet with a dance and a warm kiss that makes her weak in the knees
 Cynderella
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:12:04 AM
I miss being kissed... even if they do it wrong!!!
 ohio07
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:17:47 AM
You got it but man, bad kissing sucks! It's always awkward when you kiss a stranger for the first time. But if your into each other, you slow down and enjoy each other more.

Guys do make the mistake sometimes of trying to rush this to get to the rest of it; But if you do this right, it can certainly lead to long sessions of passionate lovemaking. It's just too bad too many people don't take the time or the effort in kissing as you get older.

When you were young and growing up, this was a favorite pastime, now everybody just wants to get straight to the sex without any play or detours. A really good kisser gets a little more slack in consideration, than a fair to bad one, at least in my book.

Sex without kissing is no good. If there is no passion and intamicy, then I'll opt for a good book, movie, or other event to entertain me. I don't know how anybody can have really good sex without kissing... It's essential. I couldn't live without it.
 c_deacon
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:19:18 PM
Thanks for bringing back this old thread and reminding us that a good kisser is born, not made, and that a great kisser comes from learning how to be that much more than good..........

An awesome kiss is as much foreplay as slowly touching ones body or caressing each others genitals.......it is all good, and all so necessary if one is making love and not just having sex.......

Just my opinion........
 MsMicki
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:32:02 PM
I've said it before........I'll say it again.......

A Kiss is like a story in a good book........it has a beginning, a middle and an end.
There should be romance, drama and intrigue. And it should make u want to read the next book!
 abelian
Msg: 102
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:59:34 AM

It's always awkward when you kiss a stranger for the first time.

I've always thought it was exciting to kiss a stranger for the first time. There's nothing quite like the rush of that first kiss.
 GWSmith
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:19:57 AM
Kissing? It starts with the lips... don't pucker them like an ape posing for a funny picture so they can get a banana, I just let them relax.. my kisses don't just come from there though its all in the body too for a real affectionate kiss I want to hold them close, firmly but gently. Be gentle and slow when it comes to tongue action, its relative speaking of course since a usual kiss is only about 5 seconds long but you know what I mean... I open my mouth just a little bit, let my lips part and caress her tongue soft and sweet, let it linger only a second and then pull back the same way I started. I'm a teaser, so sometimes lick her lips whenI'm done; its so much nicer than biting them... and occasionally I place the classic peck on her chin or cheek before I let her go.

That's how I usually do it.
 867love
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:29:32 PM
i think good kissers are born that way, either you have it -or you don't.
its always a great idea to practice, practice, practice
the best compliment a guy can get is when she has to sit down or catch her breath, cuz all that kissing made her head spin or weak at the knees
 Beach_982
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/11/2009 5:47:34 AM
Now the real test of a genuine partner is someone who will do all that a couple of minutes after you've vomited!!
 broccolina
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2010 10:34:31 AM
OP
Bravo!

I just had to bring this post back up, though I'm pretty sure forumers are awesome kissers
 deerdog1
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/1/2010 12:33:41 PM
Ok I admit it ...after reading this thread ...I have no idea how to kiss ... so the conclusion I have come to is the ones who know or think they know how to Kiss are the ones that probably no one will want to kiss ... ...I really have no Idea how a girl wants to be kissed ..but I have had my share of "OH MY GOD " remarks as well as other compliments on my kissing ...I just always thought that I kissed with my heart instead of my lips .follow the lead of the woman and skew the kiss to my own personal distention ...and I have never had any complaints..but to say I know how to kiss every woman would be a exaggeration...so Im going to say that I have the instinct to instantly learn how almost any woman wants to be kissed ..and adjust/personalize my kiss .to her in a time frame so fast that she will never be able to detect the fact that I am improvising ...with hopes that I can deceive her into thinking I am the best kisser she has ever had ..or at least make her unsure when or if she has had better .... this seams to work for me ..
.this works evidently for women also ...I never had but one woman who was a bad kisser ...and she was the only one who thought she was an expert
 Ailliss
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/1/2010 3:41:40 PM

Unm….not really. Rather presumptuous actually.

I detest having my sensitive lips bitten. I’m not the only one,

don't friggin bite my lips....

BTW I am a kissing expert; been practicing since I was six.

I've always thought it was exciting to kiss a stranger for the first time. There's nothing quite like the rush of that first kiss.

+1
The last time I felt that indefinable chemistry for someone I almost passed out before our lips touched. As he pulled me to him I trembled and he noticed. When I say I melt, I mean it literally.
 goodquestion
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/23/2010 1:14:31 PM
^^^^^^^
This is putting the sensualness back into sex, we need more of that all the way around so lets not stop with the kissing

I could not agree more I have not read all the posts but agree with this statement.
 sleepsafe
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/28/2010 2:52:08 PM
Kaylie, beautiful and wise is a good combination.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >