Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 61
The New Season Of LOSTPage 2 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I'm more confuzzled than ever, but it sucks to have to wait a month to see new episode. "LOST" is one of the very few shows I watch. How many seasons are left in the series? It seems they're trying to hurry up and get to the end to me.
 majestik19
Msg: 66
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/24/2008 10:20:45 AM
im finding that im getting more confused with the show after reading this forum.
I think im going to rent the box seasons and see if that helps me to follow better.
 majestik19
Msg: 68
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:12:25 PM
is there a new episode on tonight ??
 flyingiguana
Msg: 73
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:24:17 AM
the first season was decent, but now if i watch it i wanna get lost myself
 silvertoneFTW!
Msg: 86
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:46:27 PM
Did anyone see the writers on the Jimmy Kimmel show the other night? They mentioned Smokey has "different rules for different people".
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 92
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/16/2008 11:52:09 AM
I'm starting to think all of the writers of this show did too many drugs when they were younger, or still do them. The show makes less and less sense to me the longer I watch it. I'll still watch it though, I can't help myself. I stopped trying to figure out the plots a long time ago. Too much strain on the brain.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 97
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:50:22 AM
I was shocked as hell to see Locke in the coffin. At least he was shaved and in some decent clothes for a change, ha. I lost it too when Penny and Desmond found each other and when Jin got blown up........or did he? We have two more seasons to confuse and confuzzle us. I remember reading about Jeremy Bentham. I think he had himself embalmed and placed in some college in England, where his remains still preside over board meetings. Of course I read that in Ripley's Believe It Or Not, so I'm not sure if that's valid.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 109
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 12/15/2008 10:56:37 AM
^^^Didn't they announce after third season's finale that there were three more full seasons to go? I was counting on six of 'em.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 113
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:31:54 AM
I'm excited! I have been brushing up on all my season 4 eps on DVD and going over facts on the network site. The season 5 previews look pretty interesting, and using the new Fray song adds a nice touch.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 117
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:35:06 AM
I love the time space continuum theme...and it's cool to see the dynamic of characters possibly crossing paths and it's going to be fun to see all the old characters that died/dissappeared come back again.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 121
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:21:58 AM
^^^After last week's episode, I am convinced the old woman (if you mean the woman Desmond got to know before he took that boat race) who's using the pendulum and talking to Ben is Daniel's mother, and is the same woman they ran into on the island in the 50s who held them at gunpoint (by Widmore's side) when she was younger. Of course she's in Los Angeles with Ben at this point, which of course puts Penny in danger again since she's planning on going with Des.

I also know now why so many survivors crossed paths and had connections before the plane crash, I feel that some of those earlier scenes were time travel related.

I also now know the scientists are from Dharma, with that "do you think Widmore will find us? It took him 20 years last time, don't hold your breath" comment two of them made early on in last week's show.

Widmore may be Daniel's father or have some kind of relation to him, why else fund his research and all that?
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 124
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/19/2009 10:37:56 AM
I thought Ben was hell bent on getting Aaron back on the island. Did I miss something there? I did enjoy seeing Ben after he got the crap beat out of him. He's a weasel. They can't keep Locke killed off, he kicks butt and takes names.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 129
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/23/2009 9:11:42 AM

I don't think Sawyer has the energy or the relaxed attitude to be doing jokes. I think if the writers had him doing too much of that stuff, he would be looked at like an idiot. The situation they are in with people possibly dying from time travel is serious enough that he is not going to be putting forth the Sawyerisms.

That's ok, as long as Josh Hollway keeps the shirt off, I'm glued. I was hoping he and Juliet got it on for a while there.

The show is evolving and changing as it goes along, so to a large extent a lot of things we got sucked in by in the first three seasons will be "Lost".

I wonder if Ben's being "sidetracked" had to to with Penny and child, or had something to do with how the three survivors who didn't look to make it back to the island suddenly showed up at the airport. Being that we're halfway thru season 5, I do expect some important characters to be killed off, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ben didn't at least attempt to wipe Desmond's family out, after all Desmond's son is in effect Widmore's male heir.

I guess the woman who was handcuffed to Sayid was someone who was supposed to be taking him in for the murders involving Hurley (or was paid to make him think that - he certainly didn't look surprised to see anyone tho)? How convenient tho that two passengers are handcuffed again.

I agree that Ben is important to the show, he's like the stepchild - the one who you want to go away but he's too involved with everything to ever see it happen. I like Michael Emerson, he's fun to hate.

I look forward to seeing what path John took from leaving the island to being in the coffin this week. Should be a good one.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 131
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/23/2009 10:02:12 AM
^^^Either that or Ben wanted him cuffed because of the threats he made at the dock against him and Jack ("I want no part of any of this, if I see you or him ever again, believe me it will be very unpleasant for all of us").

Also, I really think that dude from the ticket line who was the only one who ended up on the plane as a passenger not connected to the Oceanic crew (who gave condolences to Jack before boarding) is up to something. How odd is it that Hurley bought all seats but his?

I do think Kate has her reasons for returning (namely, Sawyer) and that she sent Aaron somewhere safe, possibly with Claire's mom. She was awfully touchy about his whereabouts when Jack asked.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 133
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:16:14 PM
how come the fat guy in lost never loses weight is there a macdonalds on that island you would think he would have slimmed down by now eating coconuts and lizards
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 134
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/24/2009 5:41:04 PM
The reason he hasn't lost any weight is because they found the cache of food that was in the hatch!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 137
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:11:10 AM

People in the UK get Lost on Sunday, and the US/Canada get it the Thursday before.

We get it on Wednesday here. Not sure if the rest of the US does, but I'm glad I do. Yay!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 139
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/25/2009 7:11:57 AM
You won't see ME bashing Hurley! He's my favorite character... in fact, I feel he's the only sympathetic character on the show!
However, I DO feel that of all the characters on the show, Sawyer is the one who has grown the most.... of course, the show isn't over yet, and he could go right back to being an ***hole! I thought his reaction to seeing Jin again was actually very moving.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 142
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/25/2009 4:29:13 PM
i cannot believe that there is a such a show and these people are stupid enough to stay on an island like they cannot build a raft ...the cubans did it with all sorts of garbage and made it to america theres inspiration for the cast
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 143
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 2/25/2009 6:57:02 PM
HOLY F^$%!! This freaking show....what the F is going on??

Once again the mystery of Charles and Ben is left hanging, who's the asshole here?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 145
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:15:30 PM
Maybe someone can clear this up for me....
It was initially revealed(Near the end of the last season, I think) that John COMMITTED SUICIDE by hanging himself.
In last week's episode, we see John getting ready to hang himself, only to have Ben come in and, with what seemed like GENUINE COMPASSION, talked John out of hanging himself. He succeeds, and John removes the noose from his neck, only to have Ben turn around, STRANGLE JOHN TO DEATH, then hang him up in the noose!
That was a GREAT "WTF?" moment!
Can someone explain this to me?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 146
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:58:22 PM
I wish I could be stuck in the '70s!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 148
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:19:02 PM
So, are you saying that the island will actually resurrect Locke, or that once Locke's body shifts in time, he will be alive again, but ONLY in that particular time? Did that make ANY sense at all?
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 150
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/7/2009 6:30:05 AM
Who was the guy with the eyeliner? I guess I missed that one. The show just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I'm "lost", ha ha. I'll keep watching, but it's confuzzling the hell out of me.
 Twill348
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Is the Island trying to change what happened?
Posted: 3/7/2009 7:06:01 AM
Every show he's in, he has that eyeliner! What's up with that? Even in Batman! Is he Valentino reincarnated?

Is the Island trying to change what happened to the Dharma people? Guilt, kharma, whatever...is this Ben's ultimate goal? Ben does not care what happens to people...but if the Dharmites live, then the plane with the Losties, gets to go on it's way...all problems solved.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >