Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jocie333
Msg: 153
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOSTPage 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Anyone have any new theories yet? The back and forth is making my mind hurt>AAAHHHH.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 158
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/9/2009 9:19:31 PM
Why do you think they call the show "LOST"?!
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 161
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:25:41 AM
Charlotte died a few episodes back.
 Twill348
Msg: 162
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:58:15 PM
John Locke, I think, will be sent back in time to the other Losties. Remember the guy in the jungle, who told John to "find" him? He meant actually find him, in time, I think. And then find HIM.

We haven't seen the last of Johns girlfriend, either! She died of a brain aneurysm!

BIG suprise coming!
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 164
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/11/2009 3:14:53 PM
there cannot be a telephone on theisland or the fat guy would have called nutrisystem by now ...cut off his twinkie supply if he gets killed in any of the episodes he can always go on the biggest loser
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 167
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/15/2009 2:04:12 PM
i think the fat guy knows where there is a 7-11 o the island and is not telling anyone
you know how unhealthy 7-11 food is
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 170
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/16/2009 9:24:49 PM

my thoughts exactly... the episode was or is called namaste but wasn't aired, I have looked for it on a couple of sites that air just about everything from movies and tv but so far it has not showed up.

In my area, this Wed night, "Namaste" is airing.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 175
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/25/2009 5:59:32 AM
Adult Ben and child Ben are in different times, I believe. Ben and Sun didn't travel back to 1977 with Jack and the rest of them in the flash.

Lost thread!!! I am happy.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 178
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/25/2009 8:59:46 PM
The kid who plays the young Ben is AMAZING!!! He nails Michael Emerson's facial mannerisms PERFECTLY!
Young Ben being shot... how will this POSSIBLY play out!!??? Could it be a case of (AHEM!) BEN there, done that?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 179
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:45:11 PM
A side note concerning tonight's episode...
It was nice to see William Sanderson on the show! I don't know if it was a one-shot appearance, but I always enjoy his work!
 mrcyrus
Msg: 182
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/26/2009 11:30:40 AM
Are you behind, wild?

Oh, and young Ben isn't dead, which is a shame. I'm kind of bothered but I'm pretty sure he's going to survive. I thought Sayid was going to create a time paradox or something - I knew he was going to shoot little Ben, though.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 186
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:12:57 PM
Ah that sucks that you're behind!

As for the blonde thing, it's gotta be Claire if it's associated with Christian. I hadn't noticed.

I'm positive Kate is there to make sure little Ben doesn't die, and maybe to sacrifice herself for Jack or Sawyer. Either way, she needs to go.. and soon.

The thing about smokie which confuses me is that when Kealy (or whatever his name was, that mercenary) came to get Ben, Ben seemingly went into a hidden area in his home and 'summoned' the smoke. Very odd.

I'm curious about Locke right now... and the people he's with. It's curious how he found Ben lying in the infirmary on the island, then the next we see is Ben out and about meeting up with Sun. Evidently they must have had a talk and Locke decided not to avenge himself, very peculiar.

Still curious about Richard's seeming immortality, too. So many things going on!
 mrcyrus
Msg: 190
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:12:11 PM
I'd like to find your pot of gold, rainbow. Roowrrr
 mrcyrus
Msg: 193
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:22:26 AM
Jack's abandoning a lot of his rational thought and adopting part of Locke's philosophy about the island being a living entity. I'm interested to see where Jack goes from here, but it's not just recently that I've found him annoying.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 197
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:30:13 PM
I just know that I'm confused more than ever by all the goings on. Plus, the show was much better when Sawyer ran around without his shirt on. Hell, that was the best part of the show for me. They've got so many things going on that I just sit there and go "Whah?".
 mrcyrus
Msg: 199
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/7/2009 3:36:44 PM
Christian isn't Jacob, for the record. He's said so himself.

Ahhh new episode tomorrow! Woo.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 201
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:23:57 PM
So, Dummy.... If the show is so easy to "pick apart", then please tell us how the show is going to end! Surely, you MUST know!
(Side note: More than ever, I stick to my theory about LOST... it requires intelligence to enjoy this show!)
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 202
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:30:04 AM
For the record, I enjoy the show, but I don't consider myself all that intelligent, lol. I knew Ben wouldn't get "smoked" last night, he's too important to the show. I'm happy as hell that John is back and maybe he can get everyone back together. Still confused, but I'll keep watching. I did enjoy seeing Desmond beating the living chit out of Ben, he deserved it big time.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 204
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/9/2009 7:59:09 AM
Calling Lost poorly written is hilarious. From a literary and storytelling standpoint, it is remarkably planned out and intricate. Intricate does not always mean good, but it does in this case. I'm not surprised you can't appreciate it if you don't understand why Kate couldn't tell Jack she'd left Aaron with Sawyer's baby mama. You know, part of studying literature is putting thought into what you're reading - you can apply that to television too! Gosh.

As for the Ben point, the only person who was willing to kill child Ben was Sayid, long after the last time Sayid and adult Ben had seen one another. Sayid wanted to kill Ben for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the other survivors. Jack was willing to let Ben die because he wanted to alter the future, not because he wanted to kill adult Ben.

I was going to say you aren't entitled to an opinion because you like Keane, but then I saw that you like Boston, and now I can't complain about your musical tastes.

Last night's episode was a bit odd and didn't accomplish much, so I was disappointed. Next week looks interesting, though, so looking forward to that.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 206
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:25:44 AM
In a recent episode there was a flashback regarding Sayid and Ben's brief partnership. In it, it's pretty obvious that Sayid has caught on to the fact that he's merely killing the people Ben wants him to, and has convinced himself that he was doing it for another reason besides that it was what Ben wanted him to do. I think he resented being used and that's what really pushed him over the edge, after he had some time to stew over it.

Keeping human nature and thought process in mind = good writing. Always good to notice the little things that make Lost great.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 210
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/9/2009 9:10:04 PM
I had been thinking about when Kate visited Sawyer's kiddo and mixed up the facts, oopsie.

I don't know why I need to explain this, but my insulting Keane wasn't a serious criticism. But on that note, what does my criticism and opinion of Keane have to do with my opinion of Lost? :)

Everything considered, you haven't really given a compelling criticism of the show. I'll admit they overdo the drama sometimes and it can be hilarious, but it's a television show. It shouldn't be taken as anything more than entertainment, and you certainly shouldn't overlook its positive qualities because of a few gripes.

I think the writers have a plan of what the island is and what it does, and what the end result will be. As for characters and new plots, I think those are the kind of things that they are cool with changing around, and I don't mind it. Sometimes they'll bring on a guest director or try something different and it doesn't work out. I don't see it as a big deal unless the mythology or main storyline is battered in the process.

As for examples of good writing, it's more your goal to dissuade me than it is mine to persuade you towards liking Lost's writing. I'm open to suggestion and know Lost isn't perfect, of course, but I certainly don't see it the way you do. You can feel free to give me a list, though, as I'm pretty curious.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 212
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:49:23 PM
At least Boston is incredible.

As for the examples... First, in general, the writer's tendency to leave things suspended for too long makes things confusing and is one of the main problems with the show.

See, but this is a personal gripe because it's not the way you like a show to be, it's not an actual flaw with the writing or anything. I kind of enjoy forgetting about a huge plot point because so much has happened, then be reminded of said huge plot point. I like when something happens which makes me go "OH RIGHT DESMOND'S IN THERE!!" or whatever.

Regarding character gripes, though, I don't think it's totally fair to debate them until the series is over. I'm pretty sure Claire's story isn't over yet, and while it's in the background right now, I'll be very interested as soon as they begin to explore it again. It's the price we pay for having a huge cast, I think.

Walt's a great example of your complaints. Personally, I can only guess that the Others wanted to recruit Walt to their side, which is why they put him in 'Room 23' (that brainwashing room where Alex's boyfriend was for a bit), but it didn't work. Apparently Walt's got some freaky astral projection powers or something, I dunno.

Claire's going to be back in season 6, so we'll find out what's up with her then. Hopefully with Christian as well, that whole area of the show is a bit loopy, but I'm anxious to find out what it's all about.

Ben, at least, manages to get himself out of situations where people want to kill him. He manages to talk his way out of it, so it's somewhat believable. The only person I really think has a good reason to kill him at present time is Locke, but he's not really the killing type.

The people on the plane have been explained (except Farraday, who Sawyer hinted was not currently around). Ceasar and company used one of the buildings for an infirmary and set up camp on the beach.

Kate's generally worthless which is pretty common knowledge, haha.

Charlie shut the door to make sure Desmond survived. As a female you should be very happy he did, because apparently Desmond is extremely attractive. It was pretty evident at that point that Charlie was going to die and couldn't avoid it, but going by the mythology of the island, he was always meant to die where he did anyway.

How could they go back to Libby? She's dead. Michael shot her after he shot Ana Lucia, remember? She was holding a pillow in front of herself very awkwardly, I remember. I guess they could go into her backstory a bit.

Anyway, it's fun to talk about. I don't really think it's fair to gripe about a lot of these things at this point, since the show isn't finished yet. It's like disliking a plot hole in a movie that isn't over. I personally don't think they can possibly explain everything they've opened up with all the characters, but I know a lot of gaps will be filled.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 214
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/12/2009 3:15:40 AM
The hatch imploding isn't what made the crate appear, the crates are dropped twice a year or so and can also be initiated by inputting '24' into the same computer Locke played chess on. Of course, now that it's destroyed... dun dun dun. I imagine there are other ways to summon supplies, though.

In my mind, it makes sense to think that the Dharma Initiative sends crates of supplies to each station every 6 months or so, the timing was just a coincidence.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 220
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/15/2009 9:37:40 AM
The supplies definitely can be summoned by the Flame's computer (which is now destroyed) by inputting '24'. Locke might not have been the one to call it, I just mentioned he happened to be playing chess on that computer, since it's easier to pinpoint which computer I meant that way.

AHHH LOST IS ON TONIGHT

Hahaha. I am very anxious. I could discuss this show for days. Lets renew our debates after tonight's episode, should be a good one (I too have noticed less filler episodes, as the storyline seems more concrete now).

Lost very likely appears a lot more concise on paper, and in its entirety. I'm sure a lot of things will make more sense as the season rolls on. I find I'm getting more answers and less questions these days, which is great.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 222
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:29:34 PM
Personally, I hope they do not kill Kate off. Evangeline Lilly is very nice to look at most of the time Though she's much more charming when not in character, haha.

I think we might get some Libby insight in a future Hurley episode, I don't think they'd forget about that. It's possible they did, though! Personally, I find Hurley even less useful than Kate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >