Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrcyrus
Msg: 222
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOSTPage 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Personally, I hope they do not kill Kate off. Evangeline Lilly is very nice to look at most of the time Though she's much more charming when not in character, haha.

I think we might get some Libby insight in a future Hurley episode, I don't think they'd forget about that. It's possible they did, though! Personally, I find Hurley even less useful than Kate.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 230
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:58:50 AM
One more season after this one.

No new episode for us this week either, just a silly recap.
 neher
Msg: 234
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 4/29/2009 4:38:42 PM
It's a 1 hour show tonight and next week. 2 weeks from now is the 2 hour season finale.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 241
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:19:04 PM
I actually think I get everything now but who the heck Richard Alpert is and why he's terminally about 32 years old and wears eyeliner. lol

I'm now convinced Ben's a bad guy, Charles and Ellie are not see all know all's or bad people, they just heard the story from the cast members who traveled back in time and told them what was to come (Ellie in the last episode saying to Penny in the hospital "for the first time, I have no idea what's going to happen") - her pushing Daniel to study and telling him women in his life were going to get hurt and the grant and all that was obviously from Daniel or one of the Oceanic crew telling her the story as a young woman and a hostile.

I'm also suspicious now that Desmond never had premonitions, but rather memory lapses...alternate realities or dreams where bits and pieces of things that happened in his past but someone else's future that make him seem psychic.

I figure from here either Daniel will survive and trip the hyrdo bomb changing the course of events from before the 815 flight, or the Lost crew will finish what he started if he doesn't make it. In the end the plane will land in LA as planned and the passengers will walk away never knowing each other, and everything we watched for the past 6 years will turn out to be something that never happened.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 243
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:49:26 AM
I think Daniel's idea is that if he blows up the island with the H-bomb then everybody should die on the island in 1977.....But everybody is still living and being born throughout the world at the present moment of 1977. ..So if they die in a firestorm on the island in 1977, how does that kill them if they are still growing up in America, Britian, Iraq, etc....? So maybe his idea is that if he blows up the island, then things will go normal in the future.(The island is no longer in the picture for 2004, since it was "Nuked" in 1977) Jack will never know Kate, Sawyer will never know Hurely, etc.... They will all board the airplane in 2004, but they will have no idea who anybody is.

Just because they "Nuke" the island, that does not condemn them to death since some of them are small children and some have not even been born in the year 1977. The island seems to be the only thing that connects them. Take the island out of the picture and things should go as planned(The flight landing and not crashing, since Desmond will not be on the island pushing the button).

Perhaps the very last episode will be one of which everybody is on the plane(inculding Shannon and that guy who blew himself up with the old TNT) and nobody knows what actually happened and the plane lands fine and everybody has a good trip.

But then again Locke is the "wildcard". Will he allow the island to be destroyed?...Most likely not.... Even though he never ended up in 1977, I think he stills plays a major role in this and will do whatever it takes to defend the isand.

Who know's...Maybe Jack messed up by not helping the childhood Ben.
Maybe that is why they were sent back to 1977, to help Ben stay "pure". By allowing the "others" to save him(Ben) they set the stage for future events and the rise of a Evil Ben. But then again, perhaps Ben would have turned out that way anyways since he did have a great deal of interest in the Hostiles. Or maybe Ben in 2004 does remember Jack, John, Sawyer, Kate, etc from the past and just keeps his mouth shut so that he can stay in power and maybe lure Locke away from the saftey of the hatch only to kill him....?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 251
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:24:38 PM
^^^So weird...for me the last few episodes are finally starting to clear a lot of things up for me - it makes more sense to me more now than ever. Tonight a lot of clarification especially...

I say tonight they will drop the bomb and make the change, and season 6 will be all about the end result and the timeline returns to what it should have been, and they'll show both the island and the 815 crew and what would have been.
 TooShadows
Msg: 252
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:13:25 AM
All I can say is,"AAAAGGGGHHH!!!"
There've been a few cliffhanger types of season finales so far,but this year's finale certainly took the cake. I think it gave us more questions than it answered. And now we have to wait till next fall or early winter to have them answered.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 255
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:47:10 AM
I feel that Locke in front of Jacob was really Lazarus (or whoever the guy was in the opening scene with Jacob) in the form of Locke, explaining why Locke's body was in that cargo box, and why Locke wasn't very surprised to see Jacob or recognize him when they finally met. And Richard saying to John "you look different now" makes a lot of sense when you consider it may not have actually been Locke at all.

I also think the scene with Locke, Jacob and Ben was almost like a scripture relating to the unfavored brother who never measured up and finds out he was only involved to assist others in their gain.

I do believe now that a lot of the people that appear and dissapear may be either this guy opposite Jacob taking on their form delivering messages to get the survivors to make certain choices along the way to benefit the greater picture (good or bad).
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 257
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/14/2009 2:34:44 PM
That was some good acting, watching Ben getting slowly pissed off as he talked to Jacob. Then when Jacob dissed him and Ben went Jackie Chan on him. I'm wondering now if Locke is possessed by some evil spirit. Maybe he's turned "bad". I'm still confused as ever and PO'd that we have to wait so damn long to see the final season. I think the writers did too much LSD in the seventies. I'll miss the show when it's gone for good. At least it isn't predictable. It was cool to see Rose and Bernard again.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 258
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:37:03 PM
Ok this is a long shot.

Jacob said "They're coming"

But whom?.....

Is he referring to the people just outside the remnants of Reptile/human statue(The foot) with Lockes body?

Or (Now here is the long shot. And yes it's a big time long shot)

Could this be something of biblical or ancient proportions?

The reptile/human statue is holding the ancient Egyptian symbol called the "Ankh". The Ankh is the symbol of eternal life. The gods are often seen holding an ankh to some one's lips this is considered to be an offering of "The Breath of Life". The breath you will need in the afterlife. Jacob lives at the base of the statue and seems to have long lasting life.(Plus he seems to have brought Locke back from the dead) The statue is also wearing a crown very similar to a crown worn by Serapis. The crown or basket that Serapis wore was representing of his fertility and as well as his association with Osiris ..Hmmmm. maybe this answers some more questions.

Osiris was usually called the god of the Afterlife. Osiris was not only a merciful judge of the dead in the afterlife but also the underworld agency that granted all life. Could the smoke moster be Osiris? Afterall it spared Ben.....

And Horus is also another ancient Egyptian god. Could there be something more there as well?

The reptile/human statue could (maybe) be the ancient Egyptian god called "Set".
Set was the god of the desert, and necessary chaos. Sounds a bit like Jacob. Remember the desert is the key to getting off of the island.......

Could it also have something to do with Planet X(Nibiru) which is supposed to come close to earth in 2012 and may have some sort of reptilian/human beings residing on it. (I think the reptilian beings supposedly call themselves the Anunaki). The ancient Egyptians did believe there was a reptilian race of gods.....Food for thought.

Big time long shot. More then likely I'm wrong.

Here's a video that some of you may find interesting (use google to find it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syP6I6L3ZGE&feature=related
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 261
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:16:40 PM
Last week, I read somewhere that in an interview, Michael Emerson said that the statue was an Egyptian god of "childbirth"... I don't remember the god's name... some here can look it up, and post it.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 263
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:27:29 AM
Adding to my post at (message #400)

Ya know. While I was at work last night I realised that none of us are talking about the old sail type ship that was in the beginning of the season finale.

I bet that's the Black Rock!

The question now is..How does the ship get so far into the jungle?

Perhaps Richard Albert is on that ship. Maybe that's how he comes to the island.

Jacob can defiantly give long lasting life to people. (Which again is represented by the statue holding the Ankh the ancient Egyptian symbol of eternal life.) Remember when John Locke asked Richard why he never ages?.. Richards answer was, "Jacob made me this way".

And as far as "What lies in the shadow of the statue".

Maybe this is a riddle or a play on words. Maybe Ben or Jacob is the "Liar' in the shadow of the statue. (Fibber, not telling the truth)

Or maybe the Dharma Initiative is what lies in the shadow of the statue. Or maybe its Jacob, cuz he lives below the statue.

Here's a long shot

I have seen a bird symbol in the past(Most note ably when Desmond did not push the button in the hatch and all heck broke loose. The those strange symbols flipped down on the countdown clock.

A similar bird symbol in ancient Egyptian is called the Ba. The Ba is what we might call someones personality. It would leave the body at the time of death. During the days the Ba would make itself useful, at night it would return to the tomb. At this time, it would look for the person to which it belonged. This would be the mummy, however, often the Egyptians would supply the Ba with a statue in the likeness of the deceased in case the mummy was lost or damaged.

Perhaps the Ba's mummy was lost or damaged and that statue was built for the Ba. Maybe the Ba is looking for its body?....Maybe the Ba (if its the smoke monster) is upset that its statue is damaged?

Maybe the Ba is what lies in the shadow of the statue. Could the Ba be the smoke monster?

I still do think there could maybe be something with planet X(Nibiru) and the Anunaki.

Guess we will have to wait and find out! They are good at keeping us on our toes!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 264
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:31:05 AM
Speaking of the shadow of the statue, anyone catch Richard's answer? I only speak English, so it went over my head. That answer may have some information in it - or not but I'll never know...

78outdoorsguy good theories....
 wisguyingb
Msg: 266
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:14:41 AM
Possible Transliteration of the Ancient Egyptian smybols in the hatch.

Black Squares (3)

Symbol #1-A folded cloth
Symbol #2-(possibly) a reed shelter
Symbol #3-Dont know..yet

Red Squares (2)

Symbol #4-an Egyptian vulture
Symbol #6-Dont know..yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWufAn8G6Q
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transliteration_of_ancient_Egyptian
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 268
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/16/2009 2:49:52 PM
78OutdoorsGuy...
You said:
"Jacob can defiantly give long lasting life to people. "

I wasn't aware of any defiance on Jacob's part.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 269
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/16/2009 10:10:47 PM
I just couldn't go back and read all these pages right now so apologies if this was already discussed, but...going backwards for a minute from the finale,
...isn't Charlie Desmond and Penny's son?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 271
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:12:06 AM
^^^I just watched the past few episodes again a couple times, and now know that the guy in the beginning that wanted to kill Jacob (we never got a name) IS the person that appeared to have survived the second crash in the form of John Locke.

Once they arrived back on the island John pretty much mentally took control of most of what was going on, including being able to manipulate Ben, something that was quite the opposite until he killed John in L.A. Along the way it was questioned a few times that Locke would come back to life, as no one had ever seen that before including Richard, and that's a hint as to the fact that John in fact didn't come back - as himself.

John Locke never made it past L.A. (as evidenced by the body that was still on the plane in cargo discovered by the "good guys"), and whoever this person is wanted Jacob dead from the beginning and utilized who he could to just get it done. Therefore "John" as it appeared wouldn't have questions about the island as it's a place he knew better than anyone who brought him there.

The John Locke that landed on that island had a totally different, calm, calculating and at times even ominous personality John Locke never had (wanting to Kill Jacob, wanting to "take care" of the rest of them, telling Sun he wanted to see her back with her husband and later admitting to Ben he didn't mean any of it). This guy simply knew that as John Locke he could get the group of people he encountered to finish a task for him that he'd been planning on since the age the statue was whole.

I also think he was the vision Ben had from Alex underground telling him to blindly follow John or she'd be back to destroy him. Everytime Ben questioned killing Jacob, "John" knew just what to tell him to get him to stop questioning it and continue.

The real question for me now is whether or not Jacob wasn't good or was - based on the encounters he had with all survivors at some point in the past (if indeed that was the actual "Jacob" and not another chanelling on the part of the nemesis). Now that Jacob is dead (or is he? if biblical can he really be killed?) will things be worse or better?
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 272
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:29:38 PM
I agree with your assessment womaninprogress...but I'm getting the feeling that Jacob is actually the good guy. Not sure, but that's my latest take on that.
And yeah, that is definitely not THE John Locke; it's the guy who wanted to kill Jacob who must be a shapeshifter.
And I ask again...has it been established that Desmond and Penny's son is Charlie. Has that been confirmed?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 273
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:22:13 PM
^^^I know she called him Charlie a few times so that's definitely his name, but based on the timeline she may have named him after her dad as Charles II...that would be weird if Penny's son became her dad...if that makes any sense...reminiscent of Chinatown.

I hadn't heard that it was THE Charles Widmore...
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 274
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:28:30 PM
Hmmmm. I don't think Desmond and Penny's son is Charles her father! But, I do think maybe Charlie, who Desmond did seem to have a connection to on the island, might be their son. Odd, though, they have a Charles and Charlie...that might be a oversight on the part of the writers (though how can no one have noticed that...) Now if they have three Charlies with no connection...Charles, Charlie and baby Charlie, that would be even stranger.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 277
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/19/2009 3:58:36 PM
What if they never came back to the island, because they never actually left the island, but were led to believe they left the island......
hmmmmm....
And, Richard Alpert aka guyliner is not wearing eyeliner ..he just has naturally beautiful, dark lashes. (BL -Before Latisse.) Lucky Lostie!
 wisguyingb
Msg: 284
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/20/2009 5:26:32 PM
When will Alvar Hanso make his appearance?
 Banquo
Msg: 286
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/21/2009 12:26:02 AM
I want to see the back story of the Blackrock. It seemed to me that it was the boat approaching the island, when buddy was telling Jacob how much he wants to kill him.

~bellacose~
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 287
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:59:28 AM
I think that Miles was right when he said that maybe blowing up the magnetic field always happened and it was the survivors actions by blowing it up that caused the magnetic field to become unstable and consequently cause their plane to crash. Maybe they are stuck in some kind of time loop and they just keep going around in circles. Next season could be them crashing again and showing us how these events just keep happening until someone breaks the loop. Maybe Jack is supposed to save Ben or maybe they should not blow up the magnetic field.

I agree with this. I remember the scene where Miles watched his father tell his mom to leave the island with him when he was a baby, and it solved a lot of questions for him. Essentially, Miles would have not been on the island in 1977 had it not been for his dad sending his mom away - and watching his dad yell at his mom to get her to leave he found out what the circumstances were.

That whole scenario seemed to be unchanged, despite the fact that they were supposed to be shifting the course of events. Miles' character would have every right to wonder if the accident at the Swan WAS the bomb, since he witnessed firsthand events he remembered hearing about from the time he was a small child. I almost think that the bomb was the cause of what Farraday studied while in Ann Arbor, but the events he read about weren't explained in detail. As in he thought he was preventing the hatch, but may have either not changed it being built, or caused it to be more of a priority.
 Banquo
Msg: 289
view profile
History
The New Season Of LOST
Posted: 5/21/2009 8:49:27 PM
That wasn't Jacob in the cabin, that Locke saw, and heard; I firmly believe now that it was the buddy who wanted to kill Jacob. That is what the ash surrounding the cabin was for, he was imprisoned in there, probably by Jacob. When Alana comes out of the cabin, and before she orders it burned, she says that "he hasn't been there for a long time". I can't remember off-hand who did it; but, someone disturbed some of the ash, which, I believe, allowed the prisoner to roam free.

Marvin Candle is a pseudonym that Dr Chang used in a few of the Dharma films; he also went by the name Edgar Halliwax in others.

I also agree that it wasn't Jacob who took the form of Christian Shepard, it was the other buddy.

~bellacose~
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >