Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NEW YORK GIANTS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 paul5988
Msg: 202
NEW YORK GIANTSPage 5 of 101    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
take away a few of the interceptions? thats worse than saying give me one more yard on that brandon jacobs run on 4th down. fact is the giants outplayed the steelers. THe biggest matchup was going to be who had the tougher d line. Steelers did shut down jacobs but the pressure was coming down on roethlisberger like expected and forced him to make bad throws. Steelers did play well also but at the end the giants EXPECTED THEMSELVES to win and thats why they pulled it out. might see a different and stronger steeler team in the superbowl if my guess is right
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 205
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:22:53 AM
Really? I thought I saw an IF we lose statement.

Hmmmm. Nope. Sorry, don't see an "IF" here. Don't you just love the Fact-Check game? I know I sure do.

SteelCity1981
Msg: 148

The giants will beat the Steelers. We are too banged up to compete with a team like the Giants. Bad year to expect anything great to come out of the Steelers as a Steelers fan.

SteelCity1981
Msg: 207
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:47:23 AM
SteelCity1981
Msg: 151

I hope that is the case, but i'm trying to be real about it at the same time, if we do win it won't be by that much, but we will just have to wait and see.

You're right i did say "if" last week, but what's the point? I mean, in all my post towards this game I never once implied that the steelers were just going to win. "IF's" were possible ways of having a shot at winning not guranteed ways of winning. It was everyone else that was trying to convince me oh no the steelers are going to beatdown the Giants. I knew we weren't based on the injuries, thus is why I called this game two weeks ago that the steelers were going to lose to the Giants due to how banged up the steelers were at the time and still are.

MGMLION
Msg: 209
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:18:17 AM

Also just add a few more first downs for the Steelers on 3rd and a few yards, and the Steelers should have won! What were they like 1 for 13 on 3rd down conversions?

One more first down and steelers would have won

SteelCity1981
Msg: 210
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:21:19 AM
Superbowl defenders always have a target on their back the following season from other teams and their fans. Whoever wins this years Superbowl, that team will get the same treatment next year as the Giants are getting this year from other teams in their fans and if it so happens to be the Giants that win it this year again then they will have an even a bigger target on their backs more so then this year. It's just the nature of the beast.

Hey, i'm just happy that the Steelers are 5-2 and played the Giants pretty well considering how banged up they are. If the Steelers can get fully healthy again they will be a true force to be delt with in the NFL, but as of right now, I don't see them being even in the top 10 best teams currently in the NFL. In my book they are ranked somewhere in the middle of the league overall, maybe more like 15th or even 16th.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 212
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:34:08 AM
With a game like that, the Steelers are definatley going to the Playoffs and make noise.

That's because our division sucks for one, lol.

Two i got to give a lot of credit to our defense for keeping us in the game, but this can't keep happening from week to week like this with our offense banged up the way it is. If it wasnt' for our defense the Giants would have beat us 35-14 instead. Our defense was the single most reason what kept us in the game.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 215
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:45:11 AM
Then why were you worried and said during the week that you were at least 2 ahead of the Ravens?

I wasn't worried, i said if we lose to the giants at least we are still two games ahead of the ravens including the tiebreaker where as the giants if they lose that game were only one game ahead including the tiebreaker to washington which is a much tougher team then the Ravens.

It could have but in the end it didn't especially when Harrison had to go in there as the long snapper and well that's when it all went downhill from there.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 217
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:01:49 AM
You make sense, but I just do not agree. Giants it seems are the Rodney Dangerfield's of football. They didn't get any respect being where they were last year. Some called it a fluke or lucky.

Niether did the Steelers in the 05 season. Every week we were getting written off in the playoffs by many of the sports media. Bengals have the steelers number. Payton is Superbowl bound. Denver never lost an AFC championship game at home and even after all that we were still the underdogs in the Superbowl.

This year with two of our top defensive men gone and Shockey too.

Best thing that could have happened to the Giants this year was to get rid of Shockey. he was starting to become a thorn on the Giants side. Boss has turned out to be a solid TE.

your Steelers were in the 70's the steel curtain. Everyone feared them and Terry Bradshaw. They were favored every year I believe.

But they also had a huge target on their back as well from other teams and fans because of their superbowl wins in that decade and I don't blame people for that . Hell if i wasn't a steeler fan I too would want to see my team or another team to takedown a great team like that as well. It's the classic david vs goliath. That's what happened to the Giants vs the pats last year. So many people wanted to see the Pats lose in the Superbowl, not just because of the video tape scandal, but because of the fact that they were the Goliath's of the NFL and the Giants were the David's. Same thing that happened with the Rams in 2001, and wanted to see happen to the Cowboys of the 90's and the 49ers of the 80's.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 219
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:07:06 AM

Agreed on Harrison but do you realize you almost beat us?

I woulld not worry about the Ravens, we have to stay ahead of Washington.

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades .
 broncsbuff
Msg: 222
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:30:28 AM
Giants best team in football....A very impressive win, by the end of the game the g-men were just more phyisical than the steelers, never thought I would say that about the steelers at home...

Eli will go back to his old ways sometimes (browns) but overall has played really well....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 223
view profile
History
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:44:20 AM
So what's Plaxico's deal? The guy goes from a good player to i'm better then this team and i can do whatever i want @$$hole by not showing up to pratices and everything else lately. The Giants don't need this @$$hole to win, like he wants them to think they do, i think they proved that when he was suspended for that game. If he continues on this route, the Giants should trade him asap.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 226
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:07:33 AM
Next game....Lets go Cowboys!!!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 228
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:05:53 AM

Next game....Lets go Cowboys!!!!

Could be the all the difference in the game. Wiz Rooting for the COWBOYS
Get Em' Boys Get Em'
 wizardofossington
Msg: 230
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 2:32:34 PM
There's still 9 more games for the Giants....This is where they fall. They have done it before.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 232
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:00:55 PM
Titans are the best team in the NFL....
 paul5988
Msg: 233
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:48:25 PM
the titans would end up in third place at best if they were in the NFC east titans this year are a watered down version of the 2000 ravens. they have the equivalent of trent dilfer at quarterback absolutely no recieving core but throws go to the tight ends and rb's. They have an impressive defense the best defensive line in the game right now (my giants dont have umenyiora :/) But the best competition the titans have had has been drum roll please! the declining colts who pulled a rabbit out of there hats against the TEXANS!. next week will be an interesting task against the packers. If they blow out the packers next week (shouldnt happen) then I will be convinced the titans will make it to the afc championship and still definetaly not the favorite to get to the superbowl ( teams like the patriots, steelers, bills, and chargers after they get there stuff together and sneek into the playoffs with there week division are gonna be stronger teams come december) . The titans will have trouble from now until week 13 against detroit. greenbay the bears a rematch in Jacksonville and the jets are all teams that could help hand 4 STRAIGHT losses if the titans falter. then there is the up and down browns the steelers and a rematch at Indianapolis. The giants have played the redskins and the steelers both top notch teams that are going to be in the playoffs other then that the giants havent really faced anyone yet but they are the favorites in the NFC. I believe that if a team is undefeated then they are the number one team but trust me when they lose to greenbay get ready for me and every sports writer on espn to bump the titans down to ATLEAST a number 4 spot after the giants, redskins, and steelers. and even with matt cassell at quarterback the patriots would abuse the titans. there i said it
 MGMLION
Msg: 234
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:02:59 AM

the titans would end up in third place at best if they were in the NFC east

The Rams would be end up in 2nd place if they were in the NFC east
 broncsbuff
Msg: 235
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:19:19 AM

the titans would end up in third place at best if they were in the NFC east

I dont even think the titans could win a game in the nfc east, they might not score one point against any nfc east team. The titans might have to fold the franchise and move to another country cause the nfc east would totally destroy them. If the titans were in the nfc east Jeff fisher would be so scared of wade phillips (no playoff wins), zorn(no playoff wins), coughlin(one superbowl), andy reid(no superbowls), that he might have to retire and go into fishing....

Its a good thing they are in the afc to go 7-0, cause in the nfc east they would be 0-7...whew....

this post might be dripping with sarcasm
 MGMLION
Msg: 236
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:28:31 AM
Broncsbuff:

Your Post is Hilarious

I guess that's your way of giving the undefeated Titans the respect they deserve
 broncsbuff
Msg: 237
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:50:57 AM
mgm...

I told you that nfc east fans are like high maintance g/f's, you have to tell them all the time that they are pretty and the best thing ever....

thats my why of telling you that the nfc east is the best division ever in the history of football and no other division matters....

its all good...my broncos could win 8 games this year and have a division title...lol
 paul5988
Msg: 238
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:17:38 PM
you can be as sarcastic as you want but the level of competition with those 4 teams far surpasses any division in the NFL right there and it has been that way for the past couple years. and I 100 percent agree that if the titans played 4 games against those teams that is 4 losses. You can say that the NFC east is overrated but when it comes down to it last year both wildcards went to the giants and the redskins, the year before that it went to the giants and the cowboys the year before that the redskins made the wildcard so in the past 3 years 5 of the 6 spots are taken by the NFC east and not just the same one or two teams all of them have reached the playoffs. And dont worry the broncos probably wont get there 8 wins and the chargers will kick them out with a 7-9 record
 broncsbuff
Msg: 239
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:29:06 PM

and I 100 percent agree that if the titans played 4 games against those teams that is 4 losses.

yes, because the dallas defense that looked so good against the rams offense, would be able to stop the runing game of the titans...

I have given the g-men TONS of credit, but I also said that Eli turns back to Eli like he did agains the browns, you never know when he will rear his ugly head again....

philly is up and down...good one week, bad the next....

redskins beat dallas then lay an egg against the rams....

yes I agree, the nfc east has some of the best teams in the nfl , but to just assume the titans would lose all 4 games to ever nfc east team is just plain stupid....

did you really think dallas would lose to the rams and zona?
did you really think the skins would lose to the rams AT HOME?

If you want to talk about SUPERBOWL wins, the giants had one last year...do you know the last time an nfc east won a superbowl before that?...think really hard....

For goodness sake, cowboys havent won a playoff game in over 13 years...

again...yes...best division in football....I AGREE...but everytime a nfc east team loses in the playoffs all I hear is "well they lost because they play in a tough division"....

boo hoo...
 paul5988
Msg: 240
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 4:59:27 PM
they are professional football teams when it comes down to it. The dolphins routed the patriots.... enough said there. cowboys have a VERY GOOD DEFENSE but its hard to shut a team out when you are on the field for 40 minutes a game. Even the cowboys struggeling and i am happy about that they are still 5 and 3. the eagles just got there franchise back and his name is bryan westbrook. The only god awful teams in the nfl are the lions and until they get palmer back the bengals wont win a game. The raiders and chiefs are bad but can still play a tough game and edge out a win. So say things about the rams but they still have offensive weapons. When the browns put down the giants you saw a reciever ( braylon edwards) a superstar control a game. it happens in the nfl thats why they are superstars. I like the titans but they are overrated. The afc is week they have played week opponents and what are they going to do when they face a teem like the patriots even with cassell they have randy moss and he can control a game. about the nfc east not winning superbowls.... the afc has been the tough division until this year. the browns went 10 and 6 and couldnt even get into the playoffs. the number 6 seed (steelers) solidly beat the seahawks (number one seed) in the superbowl. The NFC east is the best division but the past couple years the patriots the chargers steelers and colts have all been great teams. if it wasnt for a horrible hold by tony romo then the cowboys would have won that playoff game and might have made it to the superbowl. the eagles almost pulled it out. (alot of almosts) but only one team a year can win the superbowl buddy. This year a struggeling colts, and chargers have made way for new emerging powerhouses. the titans are no emerging powerhouse. they are a good team taking advantage of a good situation with a easier schedule and struggeling teams. now with a 7 and 0 record they wont get caught until the playoffs. I bet you are the same type of person jumping on the titans bandwagon that thought rex grossman should be signed to a peyton manningesque contract and be the best team for years to come. im not saying they are a fluke but dont count for them to be in the superbowl but if they make it that is great news for the nfc championship team because i would rather face the titans then any other team that makes the playoffs.
 MGMLION
Msg: 241
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:46:24 PM

they are professional football teams when it comes down to it. The dolphins routed the patriots.... enough said there. cowboys have a VERY GOOD DEFENSE but its hard to shut a team out when you are on the field for 40 minutes a game. Even the cowboys struggeling and i am happy about that they are still 5 and 3. the eagles just got there franchise back and his name is bryan westbrook. The only god awful teams in the nfl are the lions and until they get palmer back the bengals wont win a game. The raiders and chiefs are bad but can still play a tough game and edge out a win. So say things about the rams but they still have offensive weapons. When the browns put down the giants you saw a reciever ( braylon edwards) a superstar control a game. it happens in the nfl thats why they are superstars. I like the titans but they are overrated. The afc is week they have played week opponents and what are they going to do when they face a teem like the patriots even with cassell they have randy moss and he can control a game. about the nfc east not winning superbowls.... the afc has been the tough division until this year. the browns went 10 and 6 and couldnt even get into the playoffs. the number 6 seed (steelers) solidly beat the seahawks (number one seed) in the superbowl. The NFC east is the best division but the past couple years the patriots the chargers steelers and colts have all been great teams. if it wasnt for a horrible hold by tony romo then the cowboys would have won that playoff game and might have made it to the superbowl. the eagles almost pulled it out. (alot of almosts) but only one team a year can win the superbowl buddy. This year a struggeling colts, and chargers have made way for new emerging powerhouses. the titans are no emerging powerhouse. they are a good team taking advantage of a good situation with a easier schedule and struggeling teams. now with a 7 and 0 record they wont get caught until the playoffs. I bet you are the same type of person jumping on the titans bandwagon that thought rex grossman should be signed to a peyton manningesque contract and be the best team for years to come. im not saying they are a fluke but dont count for them to be in the superbowl but if they make it

You typed all that

if they make it that is great news for the nfc championship team because i would rather face the titans then any other team that makes the playoffs.

To say This

paul5988
Msg: 242
NEW YORK GIANTS
Posted: 10/28/2008 6:10:38 PM
yep. thats what it looks like when u have more then one question to respond to. you want a more distinct quicker point? Titans are good.... not that good.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NEW YORK GIANTS