Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I am So fed up with men these days      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KountMacula
Msg: 48
I am So fed up with men these daysPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Whew! Aren't you a ray of sunshine? You must be beating the guys away with a stick. Let me guess....you run into a lot of losers, and jerks. Want to know why? Because any good,sane guy of quality will look at your character traits, and run for the hills. And no, it's not because he's intimidated by your stregnth of conviction either. Probably just don't want to be bothered with a "bag lady"(Woman w/ too much emotional baggage)You're jaded, and I aplogize on the behalf of every guy that ever screwed you over. They did a real number on you, and it saddens me. They took you on a ride to"Bittertown". However, it seems as if when you got there, you took a look around and decided to stay there. Isn't that a delight for all the future guys you meet. They now get to pay for your past. FUN!!! You are a beautiful lady, obviously intelligent, and strong. Use that intellect to discern that thet ONLY common denominator in all your relationships is YOU.
My advice to you( not like you asked me or anything)is to BE the change you want to see. You keep getting negative stuff, because you're negative, jaded, and cynical....basically just really hurt, and wounded. I know you think I'm full o's___, and that's OK, I'll be that. Just think about this.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 49
I am So fed up with men these days
Posted: 4/21/2008 12:07:08 AM
OP your make'n it sound like you was married to the dude... He told you that he wanted to take it slow... What more did you want him to say ??? Dude obviously trusted you if he let you stay at his house eat'n McDonalds and snoop around his house all day, while he was bust'n his ass at work. Good grief ! there is just no win'n with some women.
 Palifornia562
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/21/2008 12:30:49 AM

He would come home on his lunch breaks, bring me my favorites from McDonalds or KFC....

you eat mcdonalds and KFC everyday, and you're really wondering why he doesnt want to be with you??? step on a scale and look in the mirror
 mthomjmark
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:27:54 AM
If I hear another naive woman say, "but he said", and "He said", "He told me"; "I thought"

Not all men want sex; the ones your choosing do though.

Look at your first paragraph; you dont describe a partner; you describe a maid." you come on way too strong and you are way too good to them and they take advantage of you. Make sure you get guys to respect you first. You come on too strong.
 northeast25
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:14:52 PM
Another thread where a woman bashes men based on some bad experiences.
 Soul Union
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:13:00 PM
Here's a hint, if a guy is totally confident, good looking, etc. he is going to cheat on you sooner or later, period. - Cleric117

> I don't know where you get your ideas from. Does this mean that if a 'gal' totally lacks confidence, is ugly, etc. she will be forever faithful to someone?
> Here's a hint: wake up.
> Soul Union.
 fafi83
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:24:22 PM
I think maybe you started playing the g/f/"wifey" role or just plain doing too much to soon. Just relax let it be 50/50 when it comes to actually doing household tasks making appointments chores etc.
 ladyc4
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:50:09 PM

But I was raised to believe that unless I DO that stuff I won't be wanted. I was raised to believe the woman must do EVERYTHING for the man. That unless the woman did EVERYTHING to make him happy she would only face abuse and unhappiness all the days of her life..

Child, you have GOT to UNLEARN that. You ARE doing everything for the man, and you ARE being abused( using someone for sex , material or practical benefits and then dumping them is in fact a form of abuse ) and you ARE unhappy.

and I know Im capable of making others happy...

But that's not YOUR job. Your job is to make YOU happy, and find a partnership with someone who makes him( or her)self happy. Then you can be together and and make one another happy. Or, failing that, you can be happy on your own.

Quit trying to please some guy( or woman) Please yourself. Make your life good. Can you correct your problem with not having a car, and get a more steady and reliable income stream? You are most likely being used because you are coming across as vulnerable and needy.
Fix your own life first.
Cindy O
 Avalon DiVa
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:50:44 PM
5 pages of responses some good some bad and some incredibly useless and un - insightful ( is that a word - well it is now ) and the point is really the same.......some men ( and women ) do not have the same morals, esteem and over all class in the dating department...regardless of status or commitment in a relationship

I would not worry to much as there is as pointed out here "plenty of fish " in the sea and what keeps us women ( and men) hopeful is that there are people out there much different and much better than the fools who broke our hearts and / or disappointed us.......it is just getting past the " bottom feeders" thats the challenge

........happy fishing
 Avalon DiVa
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/21/2008 3:55:17 PM

you eat mcdonalds and KFC everyday, and you're really wondering why he doesnt want to be with you??? step on a scale and look in the mirror

and for the love of GOD avoid men who make comments like this in a public forum and establish themselves for what they are quite quickly

as the saying goes ' better to be silent and thought an idiot than to speak ( or write) and remove all doubt)
 Soul Union
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:21:41 PM
Lastly, men want sex. It's not a secret. - CurvyGurlATL

> Women don't want sex. Is that what you are saying? Only men want sex, and women just give in and force themselves to surrender to the whole experience. Is that what you are saying?
> Your user name indicates that your body is on your mind - especially the shape of it - and that you want others, presumably men, to notice. You use unsavoury terms like "easy lay" and "what is between your legs" and so forth. I find this distasteful and ungracious in a woman. It does not appeal to me.
> Men want sex. This kind of thinking is primitive and puts men on par with curs and hyenas in the desert. Men also want love, if you would take enough time to figure that out. Look at the poetry written by men - Alfred Lord Tennyson, Robert Burns, William Shakespeare, Robert Browning, John Clare, to name only a tiny handful - and ask yourself if you are not being a little naïve by focusing so much upon sex when you speak about males.
> I leave you all with some of the most beautiful and heart-wrenching lines ever penned by any poet. They were written by Englishman John Clare before his breakdown, from which he never recovered. The poem is called I am:

I am – yet what I am none cares or knows;
My friends forsake me like a memory lost:
I am the self-consumer of my woes –
They rise and vanish in oblivious host,
Like shadows in love’s frenzied stifled throes,
And yet I am, and live – like vapours tossed.

Into the nothingness of scorn and noise,
Into the living sea of waking dreams,
Where there is neither sense of life or joys
But the vast shipwreck of my life’s esteems;
Even the dearest that I love the best
Are strange – nay, stranger than the rest.

I long for scenes where man hath never trod,
A place where woman never smiled or wept,
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below, above, the vaulted sky.

> Best wishes - Soul Union.
 ItzJustMe
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:27:28 PM

For every thirteen men who are divorced, in divorces which are totally instigated, in 80% of all cases, solely by the wife, there is one who suicides. Post divorce strees and the resultant suicides, is the highest killer of men age 25-55. The highest. For comparision less than one in five thousand rape victims is so traumatiesed that she suicides.

So are you surprised that the guys you are meeting are such committtment phobics.??

That is crazy!!!

I always knew that something like this was going on, but I've never heard about it in the LameStream Media! Just like every other truth I guess.
 lemoinebts2007
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:34:22 PM
Maybe try compassion and adveture

sing in your ear
 ItzJustMe
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:42:31 PM

has a little d**k and couldnt please a woman if his life depended on it!

I knew it! I really do need to get that penile implant to attract any woman in today's superficial world:(

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9788305.aspx
 betterlate
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:56:29 PM
OP has not been back in a long time, she is probably off with someone new making the same mistakes again. She is not using her brain, thinks she is smart and blames everyone else for her big mistakes. dont waste your time...
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:57:22 PM
Dear Honey J,
you are kind of right about our minds. We as a society have gotten to a point where women have been treated like crap for so long. They now are where they can do just about every thing that has to be done. and Men are starting to get to the same point. Which means all we are doing is getting to the point where we just need is sex from each other. Its to bad deep family values is out the door. I'm not saying everyone is like that. but the more profiles you read the more you see it being said about each other. The short side is your still young there is plenty of other fish in the sea just mark it off to experience and try again.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/21/2008 7:11:49 PM
After reading more of the forum maybe you just need to look in other areas. Or kind of change the guys you talk to. Not all guys are the same just like not all woman are the same.
even if you dateed 500 guys you still have'nt meet but almost 1% thats an example not a dare or anything. I'm just saying not all of us are the same.
 ItzJustMe
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/21/2008 7:17:59 PM
everything got too easy to obtain

Wrong! One of the most difficult things for most men to secure these days is a female partner to hang out and have fun with! Even more difficult is "getting a date". We're not even going to go into how hard it is for men to find an actual girlfriend these days!

Or kind of change the guys you talk to.

You've hit the nail on the head! This is why my reply above this one is true! All women just gravitate towards men who have tons of women friends and dates and possible girlfriends already. Don't lower your standards per say, just make them more lenient so that you may be open to a man who will stick around after two weeks and won't cheat or treat you like shit.
 manfromtheland
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/23/2008 9:04:11 PM
my comments on this thread are as follows..............

EVERYONE’S so busy trying to get noticed ,,, and all men want is SEX…..

But is it really sex or IS it the power,,, we claim so righteous our SELF esteem.

We search for the one who is MOTIVATED to love us,,, but we’re only human being.

(read the capitalized words alone)
 Evenor
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/23/2008 11:14:01 PM

Its always the same thing. All men want is SEX.

He's also seeing about 3 other girls in addition to having an intmate relationship of srts with me.

Well if you want any success in relationships, you can start getting ideas like it's just the guys that think about sex out of your head. Women are many women who get into relationships just for sex as there are guys. Just the other day was with a really nice woman, trying to have a conversation really getting to know her. And she starts going off talking about her pink nipples out of the blue. And for 3 dates she kept at it more and more, wouldn't talk hardly about anything else but sexual innuendo. So had to let her go, waste of my time because she had no depth to her for any meaningful relationship of any kind. No wonder why some people don't post pics... So can't say it's just guys that do it, much less all guys. There's always a few people that give everyone else a "bad" name...

As for the 3 other girls, also read through the forums, both guys and women finding it acceptable to have more than one person on the line to choose from until they "decide" to pick one to be serious with...

These days many people are getting fed up with relationships in general. Marriage rates are falling through the floor, divorce and cheating on the rise... Many have no real clue what a relationship is all about and end up getting into them for all the wrong reasons wondering why the hell it's not working out. Many people growing so emotionally guarded that all they end up really looking for in a relationship is sex. And they continue repeating the process of banging their head against the wall using the same beliefs they used last time hoping that doing the same thing would lead to a different outcome. That's the very definition of insanity. So you have the choice of seeing where following the beliefs of the media, parents, "tradition", etc... have lead society or you can change it up a little as it's apparent that those previous beliefs are not working out so well...
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:47:04 AM
Let me get thsi straight... you jsut met him knew him for a few days and slept over his house and cleaned it and took care of his cats that's his job. Secondly, he boguht you mcdonalds an KFC? Ew Cheap fast food how romantic... Seriously that is pretty low class. How about real dinner cooking something or a diner or a fridays? No Dollar menu baby! $5 meal then you have sex with him for mcdonalds french fires oh wow!

And he is cheating on you the whole tiem and says he does not want to get serious right away? What are you even doing at this guy's home when he's not around? I ahve a low opinion of this guy but I have an even lower opinion of you becuase you are so easily pleased with the golden arch and 7 herbs and spices! Its ojk to have sex early on ina relationship. I am not big on sleepovers unless you are too drunk to drive. Brining tyou mcdonalds is not sweet its nice to get cheap food tio fill you but tis not a nice meal. Gives you the schlitz after you eat it too. If he took you out for a moderartely prices meal that's a differnt story. I think you are dating men fromt he ghetto and not nice men. Don;t dat ethe A-hole pretty boy or the badboy thug fromt he streets. Date the nice guy who may want sex but he'll be there int he mornign and he'll take you somewhere where the main ingredient isn't salt!
 mthomjmark
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/12/2008 10:08:44 AM
You crack me up; you ALLOW yourself to be used; act like a slave, choose a terrible guy and act like a mindless person that will do anything for this person, then you say, men suck.

NO the men YOU pick suck. You can only be used if you allow yourself to be used.

A man with cats; yikes.

Anyway, you sounded like a puppy following their master. Love is action and give and take. You allow yourself to be used and then you cry victim. Dont be a victim and you wont get hurt.
 circe 1
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/12/2008 4:33:47 PM
All men want is sex....................YAHOOOOOOO!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!
 marthabugg
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/12/2008 4:41:40 PM
Boy your letter has all of the warnings signs of a doomed behavior pattern. I was just like you , one heartbreak after another , I couldnt see why it kept happening.
Heres the honest truth: you are losing yourself in your relationships. Ans, ill bet you are assuming alot about these guys, which , by the way, you dont really kno all that well.
Even if you did know them , you are teaching them how to treat you. You are too available and clingy. You have to have a life of your own. Men dont value the relationship if they dont have to work to get it. I know it sounds mean, but m you must get a life. I know becauase I was just like you, so are lots of women, thats why there are so many popular books on the subject. Finally, keep your eyes open and dontdismiss your intuition. Read "He;s just not that into you", its a classic.
 Sardonis
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/13/2008 1:44:16 AM

Every time I get attached ... every time I think I found a guy that I can mesh with...
He has to go and screw it all up. I give everything. My time. My devotion. My passion and affection. My loyalty. They always claim I make them so happy. But just as the one before, he goes and hurts me, breaks my heart and I feel so used. Its always the same thing. All men want is SEX.
Take for instance the last guy I was seeing... we spent DAYS together, I crashed at his place and stayed there while he was at work. I cleaned, did his dishes, played with his cats and kept them from destroying his furniture, made sure they were fed and had water. He would come home on his lunch breaks, bring me my favorites from McDonalds or KFC and we would sit and talk, watch the news and eat together like a REAL couple. But he always told me he didn't want to get serious right away,,, he claimed to want to take it slow and see where it took us. He told me I made him happy. HE told ME we were seeing one another.
I thought I found the one that I could make happy and BE happy with.
But then BAM. I find out he blew me off to GET BLOWN. He's also seeing about 3 other girls in addition to having an intmate relationship of srts with me. Well, that was the end for me. Im not to be part of a harem. I am a one person girl. Im not the kind that shares.
So frankly Im tired of guys treating me like a sexual toy that can be used, broken and then tossed aside. I am MORE than that. But does our society hold ANY appreciation for the MIND anymore? Im losing hope and that is something I swore I would never do. But heartache is a very powerful thing. It has the ability to change lives and destroy hopes and dreams all in one breath.
UGH.
There... I've said my piece of peace.
Just wish I felt better...

Hmm....interesting post.

Your writing is clear and concise. The grammar and spelling are great. Your choice of words were astute. And your story engaged me to read to the end. You even know the difference between piece and peace and used them both in the same sentence. But then you mention him bringing you your favorites from McDonalds or KFC.

lol...that was a good one.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I am So fed up with men these days