Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Married people on POF...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 101
Married people on POF...Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
@cupidstunt72 so he saod his was had been dead since 2011 WOW!!

it never seems to amaze me at the lenghts of tales some people will go through to pretend they are single..so wonder what he would tell people if she was was to really die.?

did you say oh hey by the way i saw that your dead wife had just been on her twitter account talking about the race she had ran or was it her ghost that had an open account...

i bet he is sweating at this point how shameful jus for kicks you should message her an say hey ya know your husband has been telling the ladies that you have been dead for 3 years..im sure that would give them something to sit down an chat about over breakfast..

an yes there are sites for attached folks..but whats the fun in that when they can play in a pretend world wit the single folks..
 Buterfly1978
Msg: 102
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 9:29:01 AM
What gets me is they actually think we are stupid enough not to find out. I have ran into 5 or 6 men on here that were married. I block them and move on. It is when they end up creating a different user name and contacting you again that makes me mad. I will call them out, they deny at first.. Then try to give you all the reasons they are doing it.

Not sure why they waste their time. There is NO excuse for cheating. If they spent half the time working on their marriage as they did on the dating site their marriage may get better!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 103
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 1:19:46 PM
Canam miles- Yes, there a lot of them, both men and women do this.
It's selfish and really ticks me off, just one more reason to be VERY careful and take your time.
Markus went to the trouble to stop communication between people with more than a 15 year age difference, but if he really wants to make POF a quality site, a yes answer to if you are married on a singles site should be an automatic dis-qualifier. (the same with separated)
I realize this won't stop people from lying, but it's a start to improving things, at least.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 104
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 2:45:43 PM
I went on a date with a married guy that I met on POF. His profile stated divorced and looking for a relationship, he had pics of his kids posted and he went on and on how he was one of the last good guys (HA!) and that nobody would ever give him a chance because he was such a dedicated dad. I thought he was nice and we messaged, texted and then went on a date. He as super polite and seemed like just a regular nice guy. I did see his military ID card and noticed that his name was spelled a very unusual way. So after the date, I searched for him on Facebook and there he was - with his WIFE in his profile pic, blissfully happy. I looked at her FB page as well, as I thought that maybe he was separated, but nooooo - wife was pregnant with child number 4 and was just ADORING her "wonderful" husband (a typical proud military wife). I was floored. So I messaged him and asked him if he was married - within 20 seconds he closed his profile. I sent a message to his wife and told her that she needed to keep her husband locked up. I'm tired of lying, cheating ***holes like that, and I will tell their wives if that ever happens to me again.

Then of course, there are the ones who are honest about being married who regularly contact me. I tell them they disgust me and to get lost, and then I block them. Makes me want to become a lesbian sometimes.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 105
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 2:48:25 PM
procolharem- Well, at 45, I'm hardly naive!
I know people lie in real life.
Do as you will, at least you are truthful about it, so buyer beware.
I still stand firm that people who are married or separated should not be on a site for singles, you are NOT single until you are divorced!
We will just have to agree to disagree.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 106
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 2:48:45 PM
Dang, My late Wife shouldn't have dated me when I was separated, I guess the 28+ years we had together was all a lie..
 bamagrl68
Msg: 107
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/22/2013 3:08:46 PM
Behind-Blue-Eyes 53- Did you meet her on a site for singles? Because that was what I was objecting to.
Congrats on your 28 years together, but you both caught a break.
The majority of relationships started when the other one just ended don't work out, your story is the exception.
Say you have ten boxes, one contains a million dollars and the other nine contain bombs, if I lift one lid I could find the million dollars, buts it's more likely I'll find a bomb and I'm not willing to risk it.
It worked out for you and that's great, to each their own.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 108
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/31/2013 5:23:02 AM

TrustInKarma

I went on a date with a married guy that I met on POF. His profile stated divorced and looking for a relationship, he had pics of his kids posted and he went on and on how he was one of the last good guys (HA!) and that nobody would ever give him a chance because he was such a dedicated dad. I thought he was nice and we messaged, texted and then went on a date. He as super polite and seemed like just a regular nice guy. I did see his military ID card and noticed that his name was spelled a very unusual way. So after the date, I searched for him on Facebook and there he was - with his WIFE in his profile pic, blissfully happy. I looked at her FB page as well, as I thought that maybe he was separated, but nooooo - wife was pregnant with child number 4 and was just ADORING her "wonderful" husband (a typical proud military wife). I was floored. So I messaged him and asked him if he was married - within 20 seconds he closed his profile. I sent a message to his wife and told her that she needed to keep her husband locked up.

did the wife ever message you back? if so did you tell her about his lies an profile he had..

there are just too many stories like this is always the so called nice guy so lonely an single just looking for love,,by day they are the standup husband an dad by nite the lonely single guy whos just needs to catch a break an find love..

these things aren't new to me either of hearing the woo is me stories an the yes im really just a nice guy with a bad rep only to find out that they have a wife/girlfriend still very much in the picture or have more kids then a day care center..its ridiculous how they seem to think you will never find out..
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 109
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:50:21 AM
That_ol_lady, no, the wife never responded back, but I got blocked from his and her FB right after I sent the message. I assume he was able to convince her that I was just a "crazy ****", that or he got into her account and blocked me and she never saw the message.

Another thing happened to me yesterday - I'm still shaking from that. I have a profile on another dating site that I hardly ever go to but yesterday I got an email notification that someone "liked" my photo. So I logged on and looked and I couldn't believe that it was a guy that I briefly "dated" in 2012. He got married just six months ago, pics of him and his lovely wife all over FB. He is a VERY VERY high ranking guy in the military and yet he is back online, posing as "divorced" and trolling for action. UNBELIEVABLE. After only a few months of marriage and him being all lovey dovy over his wife. I guess I dodged a bullet with this one, but my trust in men in general is at an all time low.
 Walts
Msg: 110
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/31/2013 8:11:28 AM

He is a VERY VERY high ranking guy in the military

Sounds like we could add this to the suggested that anyone married, separated AND/OR "in the military" shouldn't be on dating sites!!!!!!

Make as many "rules" as ya want, the pieces of shiat will still be here, and get this, all of them stink!!!!
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 111
Married people on POF...
Posted: 12/31/2013 8:54:27 AM
@karma sounds like mr high rank military is abusing his power in more ways then 1..the fact he is freshly married ink not dry yet an already back at pretending to be single an lonely screams alot about his character the word shady comes to mind im sure u did dodge a bullet on that 1..

i bet he would challenge any woman his wife included to just try an prove he is a liar an cheat an probably try an coward her down just for asking 1 little question.. somebody needs to come knock ***holes like that down a peg or 2..it wont be long before that divorced status will be true..

as for the other guy blocking you on fb im sure he did probably play the oh shes just some crazy chick i dont even know her you would believe a stranger over your own husband bit...
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 112
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/1/2014 7:55:52 PM

I still stand firm that people who are married or separated should not be on a site for singles, you are NOT single until you are divorced!

I've always been curious about this. Is it a legal issue? Or a moral one? A person should be shunned for being separated and literally the next day he may become a great catch because his div0rce came through? Or is it a secret thing that once divorce papers are signed, it is physically impossible to reconcile with your ex?
 siisaa
Msg: 114
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/27/2018 8:36:55 PM
If you don't know the signs of a married person, abuser, cheater, etc., then you shouldn't be dating. Period. That's another reason it's best to get to know people a bit before becoming intimate with them, especially if they're suspect or you're unsure of their intentions. Unstable situations need no further complications.

Re: Married people on POF. Back in 2010, I did talk to a man who claimed he was separated. He gave me his Facebook and I saw that it said "Married to Jane Doe". I read his wall/timeline and Jane Doe was still posting lovey-dovey posts on his page as of 48 hours earlier. I swiftly blocked his married ass.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 115
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/28/2018 1:16:54 PM
There are a few forums members who remarried but as far as I know all of them don't hide it or try to cheat, etc.
 BretIAm
Msg: 116
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/28/2018 3:36:04 PM
I'm one of "those people" (separated). Bring on the pitchforks and torches, people!

I have nearly full custody of my high school age son except for about four hours per week. Once he graduates shortly, we divorce, sell the house, and move on with our lives. The future ex-Mrs. Me and I get along fine. No issues. Both of us have dated other people.

I'm guessing I have missed out on dates because of my relationship status. That's fine. I understand completely if I scare women off.
 hemingway234
Msg: 117
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/29/2018 3:23:32 PM
Yes, there are lots of married men cheating on their wives on dating sites. There are also married women too! I dated one woman, and did not learn she was married until the second month! Talk about a shocker!

Another lady friend........we talked about dating a few times, but never did........ after 3 years she finally reveled she is still married!

Now, both of these women are truly separated and living apart from their husbands for many years and truly done with them, so a relationship is possible. Whether it's right or wrong is up to you. But the deception is a real mood killer - and love killer......both women originally represented themselves as "single".

I don't ever want to hear that all men are bad - there's some naughty women out there too!

What's worse, just because someone is truly single does not mean they are healed from the previous relationship and ready for a new relationship........ many are on the rebound and NOT ready.

I would suggest that separated could be okay, depending on your morals - if they are truly detached emotionally from their ex and living alone, they may be as good a candidate for love as a single person.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:40:52 PM
I need some kind of proof a person is single or at least separated. I wouldn't date someone that's still in the same home with his wife while divorcing.
 spot4username
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 3:41:35 AM
I always check out new users. I am the curious sort!

Saw one this morning who said that he "might be getting separated and maybe even divorced".

So... maybe bonus points for being honest???
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 3:51:51 AM
If you don't know the signs of a married person, abuser, cheater, etc., then you shouldn't be dating. Period.

Are you braindead? Where would the average person learn how to identify an abuser, cheater, etc.?
 siisaa
Msg: 121
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 11:38:48 AM

Are you braindead? Where would the average person learn how to identify an abuser, cheater, etc.?

You sound like the braindead one. You can search for anything online, you know. Better to be aware than find out the hard way. There's no excuse to be willfully ignorant and then insulting when another person points out common sense. Some clues are pretty obvious as far as married people are concerned. A lot of the times, they only pay cash, they typically want to meet far, you can never go to their home, you never meet their friends or family, they're never available on the weekends, etc, etc.

I used to work with domestic violence survivors and my organization was big on education and prevention. There are many resources at many "average" people's fingertips. The problem is, many people don't care to research, listen to or learn from other people's advice/stories until it's too late. The aforementioned would classify more as "braindead" than a person who actually is aware & mindful when it comes to meeting, dating & trying to cultivate connections with online strangers.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 12:41:41 PM

If you don't know the signs of a married person, abuser, cheater, etc., then you shouldn't be dating. Period.

This would be great advice if everyone who was an abuser, cheater, etc., showed the signs we've come to recognize.
Not everyone fits into the stereotype.

Since you worked in the field, I'm sure you know many stories of families that came apart with no warning, people who
showed no signs of aggression, who had raving reviews from family members, long time friends, work colleagues. Sure,
hindsight is a great thing, but if we could really read people like you suggest, we'd have a lot fewer problems than we do
now.
 spot4username
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 1:52:01 PM

they only pay cash, they typically want to meet far, you can never go to their home, you never meet their friends or family, they're never available on the weekends, etc, etc.

ALL of those things apply to me and I am definitely not married.
I also hate talking on the phone, rarely answer my phone, and take a while to respond to texts.
lolololololol
I wonder if any man I have ever spent time with wondered if I was married.
 siisaa
Msg: 124
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/30/2018 6:19:26 PM

This would be great advice if everyone who was an abuser, cheater, etc., showed the signs we've come to recognize.

People tell us who they are all the time by their actions and behavior, whether it is subtle or blatant. If one too blinded by "great chemistry", good looks/sex/charm to the point they're wearing rose-colored glasses, then good luck.

ALL of those things apply to me and I am definitely not married.

Well, if you really do exhibit ALL of those traits and are not married/attached, you'd be an exception. If I met someone and they exhibited a combination of those, I'd move on.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 5/31/2018 6:44:45 AM
You know, if you really did know it all about everyone all the time,
you wouldn't be here.

But good luck with your lucrative career as a soothsayer.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Married people on POF...