Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What will you compromise? Or trade off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 51
What will you compromise? Or trade off?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"My ability to commit. I still think that is a man's most valuable gift.
And the opposite of that is?.... To leave the relationship. Or in other words abandonment....(in the early stages) I don't like what she is doing or not doing, walk away. It's powerful and you don't have to be conflictive. But what happens when you are already in a relationship? When you have already pledge to go for the long haul?"

>>>I'll step out onto the target range and say...this is why one should get to know another, before committing. Take a long test drive, don't rush to the altar. Of course, there are no guarantees in life, marriage partners can grow up, mature, change, or have a massive health issue that changes life for the worst. But, sometimes that long test drive pays off.

Otherwise, "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health" is a challenge to live up to. I think respect is uncompromisable. I think if someone really, really disrespects me in one way...they are likely doing it in other ways. But if they are just too stubborn to admit they are wrong and I am right...I might have to decide if that's worth overlooking. Can I live with a partner who doesn't worship the ground I walk on? can I go thru life with them not admitting i'm right in one field of endeavor? do they make up for that in so many other fields and endeavors?

I had a date plan our eventual marriage on the first night. it was a compliment only in that she realized I was far more put together than she was. Many more people couldn't even figure that out (well, if they could, then they would do something to make their lives better, right?)
 Vannili
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What will you compromise? Or trade off?
Posted: 2/4/2016 5:20:01 PM

what will you compromise ? Or trade off ? we have been through the horror dates........ [/quote ]

Personally , when it comes to know a person socially , trying my luck that he is the one to share my life .

I don't believe on compromising or trading off anything, because it is not a Business venue, if we click to each other so be it..
 Walts
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:52:37 AM
Losing my dignity comes to mind.

Not that it has much value but, I've lost it more than once.

And yet, here I am.

I must have lost my mind too.
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/5/2016 5:32:39 AM
off on a tangent:

http://www.feelguide.com/2013/04/29/75-years-in-th-making-harvard-just-released-its-epic-study-on-what-men-require-to-live-a-happy-life/

its a short read, but apparently a bunch of guys were followed since 1938, and alcoholism was their number one reason for divorce. Apparently, a case for not letting the "wrath of the grape" be a compromise....
 ohenryx
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:16:22 AM

With regards to income, there was no noticeable difference in maximum income earned by men with IQs in the 110-115 range vs. men with IQs above 150.

Unfortunately, I already figured that one out on my own.

With regards to sex lives, one of the most fascinating discoveries is that aging liberals have way more sex. Political ideology had no bearing on overall life satisfaction, but the most conservative men on average shut down their sex lives around age 68, while the most liberal men had healthy sex lives well into their 80s. Vaillant writes, “I have consulted urologists about this, they have no idea why it might be so.”

All right!!! Can I get a high five on that one?
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:28:44 AM
I wonder if there is a different correlation between IQ and income with women (noticing that the study was only done with men- per usual)
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/5/2016 2:51:03 PM
I don’t see why a man’s commitment would be valued so highly over a woman’s commitment. Commitment would be a minimal relationship requirement. Without it, there is no relationship. Using anything as a “bargaining tool” is manipulation.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:38:05 PM

You mean I can trade her, like they do in sports teams?

Yes, a 40 for 2 20's.

Or a 40 for a 20 and a future draft pick.
 Maleman999
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:48:22 PM
There will be compromising from the first day of a relationship to the last day. Nobody will see eye to eye on every issue and handle everything the same way forever. That only happens in fairy tales. The trick is to not blow things out of proportion, which could be a problem for people who are stubborn and have a "I'm always right" attitude.
 Walts
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/6/2016 5:06:53 AM

The trick is to not blow things out of proportion, which could be a problem for people who are stubborn and have a "I'm always right" attitude.

I hear ya mailman.

Not only am I stubborn but, I am always right, with or without the attitude.

I'll tell ya, it's a curse.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/6/2016 6:03:12 AM

With regards to sex lives, one of the most fascinating discoveries is that aging liberals have way more sex. Political ideology had no bearing on overall life satisfaction, but the most conservative men on average shut down their sex lives around age 68, while the most liberal men had healthy sex lives well into their 80s. Vaillant writes, “I have consulted urologists about this, they have no idea why it might be so.”

The answer isn't to be had from a urologist; the problem isn't physical or medical.
The answer is to be had from a politician or cleric; the problem is in the conservative's view toward women, women's bodies, and the role of sex.
Certainly not saying it is absolute, 100% of men holding conservative 'values' or political views select subservient women, or select a woman who will fill the 'barefoot, pregnant, housekeeper, support' role, or believe sex is solely for procreation. I think that's lip-service for public consumption only for many conservatives.
But look at the role of sex espoused by the religions favored by conservatives and it seems axiomatic that there will be no sex once a woman is unable to bear children. They create public and private structures to brain wash their adherents that sex is a sin and a woman is either a whore, a breeder, or a madonna.
So once past breeding age, unless it's at the "husband's prerogative", I think (my opinion only) that more and more these days even aged conservative men would rather not have sex than to have sex with the 'Madonna-sex-is-a-sin-limp-fish-going-through-the-motions' woman they married.
 Maleman999
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/6/2016 10:15:19 AM
That sounds too much like astrology hocus pocus, where people are matched up by their birthday and told who to avoid because of their birthday, and people's personalities are all based on what astrological sign they were born under. I guess finding someone who is a good match based on who they are and being compatible involves too much logic and common sense for a lot of people to comprehend.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/6/2016 1:26:00 PM
I know a guy who wants to marry a woman. But she wants him to get circumcised first.

That seems like a hell of a compromise to me.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/6/2016 1:34:46 PM
I feel that would be a small price to pay for the woman he loves. (After all, women get breast implants to please men.) And a very romantic gesture. Kind of like Van Gogh, except instead of mailing his ear to her, he could mail his foreskin.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/6/2016 2:03:05 PM
Would you undergo female circumcision for a guy then?

What ever happened to accepting someone for who they are? You're clearly one of those man hating feminists I keep hearing about.

(Sorry, had a short nap)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/6/2016 2:09:31 PM
^ Female circumcision is not the equivalent of male circumcision - it's the equivalent of having the penis removed in its entirety. And I don't hate men - penises are great. Especially if they're circumcised.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/6/2016 2:12:35 PM
Nah. I can still have sex with a woman who has had female circumcision. A guy can't have sex without a penis.

You're wrong again. [Drops mike.]
 gtomustang
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/6/2016 6:47:07 PM
before you lick that, em, envelope, I hope I warn you in time....don't mail (male?) foreskin.

It gets handled so much by the post office, and then....you're forced to pay for parcel post.

"...finding someone who is a good match based on who they are and being compatible involves too much logic and common sense for a lot of people to comprehend"

>>>I hate to be the cynical anal opening of the group, but if its true that "common sense" is uncommon, it might be true that finding a good match by knowing what and who one is, then taking enough interest in other human beings to notice who is a good match and who is not, could very well be out of the grasp of the general populace.

oh well, there's always room for drunken hookups. who was it again who claimed beer was proof the gods above love us?
 Olivoil
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/6/2016 6:57:13 PM
At this stage, I'd compromise very little. And the longer I'm single the more I like it.
'Been attached three times, long term since age 15, and compromised more than I care to think about. So if I want breakfast potato chips, nobody is going to rag on me for it. And nobody is going to demand I hurry up and do my 'quick get ready' on a Saturday morning, just so we can go for coffee and read the paper.
Lately I have been flattered by the attention of wealthy man my age and an up and coming young buck with a great career, who's going places.
I'm in a comfortable little bubble, and my freedom trumps everything right now.
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/6/2016 7:31:11 PM
^^^

So you found a warm body to pay for your entertainment. Kudos.

I get the attention of hawt single mamas and older gals.

Touche...

My freedom doesn't need to flinch with these options.
 Olivoil
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/7/2016 7:57:11 AM
Who said I went out with them, and that they 'paid', which always seems to hit a nerve with certain men on here. You don't know me, showboat, and that I always go dutch when with friends, male or female. I'm not one of those poor destitute women certain men seem to rag on about.
There was no date, no hang out, or cuddle time. Have no idea if their bodies are warm.
I'm not dating, therefore not compromising at the moment.
That was my point, what was yours again?
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:28:42 AM

But look at the role of sex espoused by the religions favored by conservatives and it seems axiomatic that there will be no sex once a woman is unable to bear children.

I think this is so right on the money. To many religions, they still view sex as something dirty, something for the purpose of procreation. They fail to understand the many other ramifications of sex, or why have sex. Women that are willing to embrace other spiritual ideologies tend to be more open minded about the mind, the body, sources of energy, and sources of pleasure. And many of these women do happen to have a more liberal view on politics and life to where their actions and desire are not hypocritical to their religious beliefs.
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:55:32 AM
it is crazy, they can't seem or don't want to, recognize the connections that get made when two people have good sex together.

focusing on sex with regards only to an end product of making a baby, are great if you want to ensure the Divine Right of Kings gets passed thru a bloodline, or want to maintain noble bloodlines to keep a rigid government going, rather than leave things up to election after an office holder passes away.
 Maleman999
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:02:47 PM

To many religions, they still view sex as something dirty, something for the purpose of procreation.

I don't want to turn this into another religion bashing thread, but I'm wondering about a specific religious practice when it comes to procreating. I recall hearing way back when that the Catholic church was against any form of birth control, and if sex with no birth control resulted in pregnancy, so be it. There are probably other religions that have the same view. Is it still the Catholic church's policy to preach against any form of birth control, other than abstinence, or have they stepped into the 21st century yet?
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/8/2016 9:05:39 PM

I recall hearing way back when that the Catholic church was against any form of birth control,

You forget that unlike the protestant Christian religions, Catholicism you go to confession and all your seems are then forgiven. Thus some of the most proficient fornicators are Catholics, yet they seem to not get over the guilt. I've had some very Catholic women contact me about all the nasty things that they would love to do, only to retract and find salvation and later on tease again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What will you compromise? Or trade off?