Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > beware the scams      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MSOHIO
Msg: 26
beware the scamsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
A man that I met on another site who talked with me for weeks tried to scam me but I told him after I got the following email that he was a con man and stopped talking to him right away...but I wonder how many women fall for it and give money.

Hi Linda Angel
Let me start by expressing my profound gratitude for taking your time to spend qualitative time talking to me last night.You did make my night a swell one i must confess.I am glad we talked and move on to fufill the dreams we have?How was your last night?I hope you slept well and dreamt about me[Smile]. I do miss you sweetie and i just can't stop thinking about you.Here is the sad and terrible incident that took place while i was away working at the project site.I didnt want to tell you because i hate to spoil the moment we were having talking.I guess the time has come for me to let you all about it.I cannot continue to hide something like from you.You're the only trusted person i can confide in and it is because of your thoughtfullness,care and love that i feel like it is necessary to share this sad experience with you which i had three days ago. I had hardly come back from work when i discovered that a robbery incident has taken place where i have been staying all this time with my friend who works with UNICEF at his place.He was the same person that got me the project for the project i am doing now for UNICEF. if you remember vividly.I found out that everything i had was stolen.My documents,two credits card i brought with me,valuables and one thing important thing that is dear to my heart which is the surprise gift i wanted to present to you when i meet you.It was the most precious gift i have ever given anyone.It felt like someone pierced my heart with an arrow when i discover that it was stolen.The only thing i have that is not stolen is my passport and other travelling document.I thank God for blinding their eyes that they didnt see this.Right now,i am a little confused and don't know what to do at the moment.I became scared and worried because something like this ha never happened to me before in my years of travelling oversea.I called my credit cards issuer and instructed that my cards be blocked to forestall unauthorised use from those who stole them. The security operative were called to investigate the robbery but they couldnt get any useful lead as to who the perpetrator of the heinous crime are.I was however advised be this operative to leave the area i am staying and book a hotel somewhere which is more safe,secure and offer better comfortability pending when my job will be over and get back home next weekend as i told you last night.But the problem i am having now is that i can't book a hote because of what happened.I've had my cards stolen and instructed that they should be blocked to prevent them from being used. Since i cannot turn to anyone at the moment and i see that you're the only one i can confide in.It is important that i book this hotel for my safety.I am going to stop here and speak with you later tonight.I need to get to the site.I do not want anything slow down the pace of job i am doing.I wan to meet the target date of accomplishing it.I will not be going to work tomorrow.I am resting to get my rhythm.I will be online later tonight.I hope you will be available then to speak.Please remember to send the email you promised me last night.I can't wait to see what you have to say.Until then,take care and know that i will be thinking of you till we meet to speak later.Take care and have a productive day.
Hugs and Kisses
Love Bunches
Kurt
beware the scams
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:22:40 PM
Jaysus, how naive do these people think we are??
 BionicAngel
Msg: 28
beware the scams
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:33:14 PM
I do not want anything slow down the pace of job i am doing.I wan to meet the target date of accomplishing it.I will not be going to work tomorrow.I am resting to get my rhythm.

Goddammit, the man can't even wank properly.....
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 29
beware the scams
Posted: 10/21/2008 8:51:15 PM
Jaysus, how naive do these people think we are??

[Scrunches and shreds 2 page letter requesting for multi-trip bus tickets]

You did make my night a swell one i must confess

Linda you naughty woman! What exactly did you tell him to make him swell up like that?
 lok
Msg: 30
beware the scams
Posted: 10/21/2008 9:03:55 PM

Some scammers that are only after small amounts of money must be quite poor and desperate to try to fleece people..

The poor nigerians have probably toiled all day everyday for a month just to get enough money together for an internet session at the local shop to scam on the net..

Im sure some of them just need a couple of hundred to pay for food or their families malaria shots,, its a bad world we live in when some of us are reduced to scamming people for the sake of health

I wish i could help them all

Peace Rob

I hope to hell your kidding..

Some start with small amounts , then work to larger amounts , any scam be it for $1 isnt right.. its a pity there is no way to stop this kind of thing , the nmigerian government doesnt do a thing about it , and most other countries are powerless. Its down to the individual to say no , and when people learn not to help a stranger for "love" with renumeration , then it will stop , and they will find some other way to scam you.
 williamaus
Msg: 31
beware the scams
Posted: 10/21/2008 10:31:15 PM
The chinese girls who say they like your photo, der!.
 Tethys1
Msg: 32
beware the scams
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:29:28 AM
I too have had an interesting time with emails from someone telling me they lived in perth and was a widower as his wife was assasinated in europe while embezzling all his moneys...i must admit the emails did keep me reading and laughing...from being attacked by robbers and thrown in the boot and his solicitor being shut...( i think he meant shot ha ha) ...anyway eventually he asked for money to get out of cyprus (he was there on business of course...) the phone numbers he gave me had english and american area codes and i must admit he did have a french accent however the emails were decidedly badly written the terminology was way off so I assume Nigerian could also be where this hailed from...he dissappeared from the dating list and I cant help but wonder how many others were entertained by these emails. Yes I agree ...be very careful out there.
 Tethys1
Msg: 33
beware the scams
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:34:34 AM
I must agree...the women and im sure men too targeted by this are mostly like me...i work hard being a single woman with a home to run I do two jobs and can ill afford to be fleeced by anyone for any amount from anyone online and will not be...Real life has put me in a situation of being taken financially by someone and now my friends and I have made a pact...no man unless he has at least what we have...sounds rather mean you could say...fair is what i say.
 Robbbyg
Msg: 34
beware the scams
Posted: 10/26/2008 5:02:19 PM

Some start with small amounts , then work to larger amounts , any scam be it for $1 isnt right.. its a pity there is no way to stop this kind of thing , the nmigerian government doesnt do a thing about it , and most other countries are powerless. Its down to the individual to say no , and when people learn not to help a stranger for "love" with renumeration , then it will stop , and they will find some other way to scam you.

Remember its the General public that supports the scammers, theyre wouldnt be any scammers if people didnt support them.. so i guess you could say they are
supplying a public service?

i agree that they dont actually supply a product even though they say they will
but i know a lot of local businesses that do the exact same thing lol

its easy if you dont want to be ripped off online , dont be gullible and never use a credit card online.. even ebay (people are getting scammed here too)

Rob
 Sir Hopster
Msg: 35
beware the scams
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:22:59 PM
I got scams constantly from 2 other sites so I closed them down over 2 months ago.
Beware of anyone asking to talk but "not on here". They do not want site moderators to see what they are saying. They will give you an email address usually on the first message. They are not worried about their email being found by scammers as they are scammers. yahoo.uk seems to be a favourite hiding place for scammers, whether for russian brides, dating or simple "you have won 6000 pounds".
Broken or bad english is a quick giveaway as are comments not making sense.
One commented on my profile even though the site showed they had never even looked at it. There was no hide option, if you looked, they see it.
 Madamtusir
Msg: 36
beware the scams
Posted: 10/29/2008 2:45:03 AM
I used to get all those lovely emails from a site I used to be on, but I beat them at their own game.

I used to write back to them on some fake email that I made up and always an internet cafe.

I once wrote back to one of the losers on there saying this:

Oh my poor dearest, that is such a shame you lost everything you possibly owned, including the 18 carat wedding ring you purchased for me. I would love to send you some money, but this morning the strangest thing happened.

This UFO landed in my back yard. They beamed me up and stole everything from me, including my clothing. All I have now is my trusty computer. But I have also no money, the aliens have it on planet zippo and if you want some of my money, you have to contact Captain Pugzwald from planet zippo.

I do hope you understand my dearest. It is just as well that you are studying to become a doctor, because when you are a doctor, you can buy me another wedding ring, in fact you could buy me many rings, one for all my fingers and all my toes.

Funnily enough, I never heard from my dearest darling again.

The same thing can be done with those nuisance calls on the phone, next time someone calls you wanting to sell you a set of encyclopedia's, ask them if they want to buy some lammingtons from your daughters school fund raiser (even if you don't have a daughter).

They soon get fed up and leave you alone.
 BIGBEN1731
Msg: 37
beware the scams
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:45:30 PM
as i said on my earlier post i thought this woman was real and i mentoined she was stuck in nigeria but she sent email what was on another single dating site at that time she sent me her number and i thought i would give it a ring but i heard the voice over the phone she was suppose to be american it had the american accent but personally i think it was not really her and all the stuff you hear about nigeria she never asked me if i would go over there to nigeria and she never told me where or which location she stayed and she asked me to send her gifts and money to her and she said she had her passport taken off her and her visa and then she clamied she had money taken off her and then she said she was coming to visit me in australia at that time as im struggling to pay my bills but i wasnt keen on sending a person money if i didnt know her and never meet her and she made clothes and her fashion ware from usa to nigeria and claimed her passport goes usa to nigeria one way but thats my thought i always hear about nigeria on the news most of the times and the country is corrupt with voilence and hostages and theres no way i would walk in nigeria and thats my thoughts
 1NSATIABLE
Msg: 38
beware the scams
Posted: 11/26/2008 6:11:43 PM
doe's pof get the xmas scammers ?
those to poor to feed there kids or buy pressys?
yet have internet running.............

its those asking for small ammounts are harder to spot but on a good wicket
1million x $1 = mansion well it used to!

those after bank details & personal info to deposit $1,000,000 into our accounts helloooooooooo im still yet to entre that lottery
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 39
beware the scams
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:06:45 PM

1million x $1 = mansion well it used to!

Oh, great brilliant idea! I'm just honing on my Bing Crosby voice for renditions of "Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" ! Perfect....only 999,999 houses left...
 lee051168
Msg: 40
beware the scams
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:27:50 PM
i have a similar experiance , this stunning 30 something comtacts me on pof dating site she seems too good to be true declaring her love for me etc after a few days chatting she tells me she is sad because she is loosing her internet connection and needed 50 euros could i help lol i think not i tell her i have no money and cant help, not heard from her since.
her name was delphine mama
beware
 crustyold
Msg: 41
beware the scams
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:42:07 PM
scams, & true love

the amont of times i have been askes for money, you no its a scam.......they should be asking my x, she has it

or if there 1/2 my age, that will work too, get all my stuff them, corse i will have a heart attact

its the story, if it sounds too good, run
 BlueTeaPot
Msg: 42
beware the scams
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:30:12 AM
I couldnt help but reply - the guy who contacted me said he was from Ireland.

his work - installing super duper hugmongous solar panels for large businesses. He could not tell me any businesses he had installed the solar panels in the UK (mistake two)

Contract work of course....otherwise how would he be able to contact me - living on the other side of the world. uh huh

He was hot to trot to get me off the safety of the web site and it was PoF and was full of darlings, beloved etc. (first mistake)

He began to tell me about a contract he was going for...and then within a week it was all on and he was on his way to - wait for it...Nigeria.

So I thought....okay....lets see how long it takes.....

He went to Nigeria. Began to hire people to install the solar panels with him.

On his way to the motel he decided to stop at the Golden ARches for a burger and voila - NO WALLET.

Dear L please please send me $500 BSP so I can at least eat and stay at my hotel.

BINGO! I told him, that for the past few days, I had been telling him that my position had been made redundant and I was unable to send him that kind of money. (true) And of course....the thing that men hate to hear from women: You really havent been listening otherwise why would you have thought I would have that kind of dosh!

I also told him to call his bank in Ireland and stop payment on his cards and get the bank to send a debit card to him by courier.

The last thing I heard back from him was that I was heartless.

oh well, such is life.

pillowbliss
Msg: 43
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 3/23/2013 5:47:52 PM
dating site Be2 are rife with these nigerian scammers. Just google scams n dating
 blueeyes179
Msg: 44
beware the scams
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:24:27 AM
Ok heres a different spin, I have a unisex name and therefore I get a lot of these emails from women and they say how handsom and masculine I am , just for the record I am a 5'4 female with absolutely no resemblance to a male , not even the most efeminate ones, I have been informed by several of these women they got my details from another highly recognisable dating agency ,
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 45
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:37:04 PM

Dearest one,sorry for reaching you through this means it is because i needed your attention.I am Mel Aisha Fatima

Mate, (brizguy) thanks for putting me in touch with Fatima (that is her first name by the way!) This girl is so genuine and lovely and you have so made such a huge mistake. Fatima has totally fallen in love with me after I contacted her thanks to your post here and because of this has decided to split her fathers money with me 50/50!

That's 1.75 mill bro! Ha ha. See guys like you who don't believe in the Christian ethic wind up broke, miserable and lonely, but because I have trusted this wonderful human being I am now on my way to being rich beyond my wildest dreams, happy as a samboy and joined forever with a beautiful 19yo. (yes there is an age difference of some note but I will be gentle, this I have assured her)

And....this is how she is sooo genuine! I said I would open a new account for the money but she INSISTED I just use my existing account to avoid spending any money to open a new one! Brilliant! Not only that, I have included her as a signitary on the account as she suggested because it will be our joint account soon anyways! Saving money already? Yessiree bob!

Oh yes and by the way guys, remember Rob (robbbyg, message 25)

I'm sure some of them just need a couple of hundred to pay for food or their families malaria shots,, its a bad world we live in when some of us are reduced to scamming people for the sake of health

I wish i could help them all

Peace Rob

Well I told her about Rob and, would you believe it? She has a friend who is in almost exactly the same circumstances as her, and, praise the Lord, will be contacting Rob to offer herself to him so he can help her out! Wow, funny how things happen huh? Rob...ask and ye shall receive believer, watch your inbox winner!

It's just Karma I'd recon!

PS. I'm asking if she knows anyone for Hilly.
 tisme_susan
Msg: 46
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:39:47 PM

I love scambaiting , it used to be a hobby of mine.

Scambating, what a great idea. Wouldn't mind trying that myself. When I correspond with someone, as soon as money is mentioned, I'm out of there. It's happened a couple of times...

I've read of women handing over $thousands, one even sold her home to be with a 29 yr old, she was in her sixties.. Although I felt sorry for her, I don't get how they could be so gullible, even after warnings from friends and families.
 virgogidget
Msg: 47
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:51:58 PM
Wow I just posted a lovely little letter about this subject. Im looking at a lovely blank page
 virgogidget
Msg: 48
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:51 PM
Be aware of civil Engineers even if they say the live in Australia. Even if they show contracts etc. As I said I posted a lovely letter If they cant spell, bad Ac cents yes he phoned me. wanted 9,ooo then 7,000 Machinery broke down Os. ( oh Dear ) I better get my tissue box. This also happened to a g/f of mine so was pre warned. A male friend as well. All said they where born in Finland. I am the most terrible woman on this earth now because I didn't help him in his hour of need. Lovely Christian man that he is. Lucky I'm a wise woman.
 virgogidget
Msg: 49
view profile
History
beware the scams
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:09:57 PM
Been there not long ago my self. Sorry mate I am a wise woman, He picked the wrong person. wow only 500. Mr Finland from Hobart Australia wanted 9,000 then 7,000 Mind you he is a civil engineer own business, had to fly to China regine to build a bridge, Machine broke down, aaaaaaaww sent all the photos plus the contract. Funny, along time female friend had the same problem different name different type of contract name. But yes another civil Engineer. A man up the road had a lady who sold neck laces etc. She got struck at the same airport needed money. All said they were from Finland.( I'm not against anyone from Finland. Just seems weird. B2 Cheers
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > beware the scams