Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Copy and paste messagesPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I received 1 (ok, 2) this morning...one was addressed to Ray...saying how I'd be surpriesed at how honest he was and did I know it was my lucky day. The next was addressed to Act...amazingly, it said the same exact thing!!

I wrote back and basically wished him luck and told him that I knew it was my lucky day because I woke up healthy and so did my family.

Then he tried to tell me he was playing a bit of a game...right.
 oggers
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/13/2008 5:14:24 AM
Wot's a cut and paste message ?! I dont know if I have had one or not !

........ probably not ........
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:41:16 AM
had a cut and past message, it is where the person has say 10 people or more to mail and instead of reading the profile,simply copy some text like

Dear ??

liked your profile, some blurb to space it out etc....

Got one address to Sean, seeing as my name is Steve, never bothered with it, hope Sean was happy though
 bootielicious
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/14/2008 1:01:46 AM

I don't really get what the fuss is about maybe people find it hard to write thus use copy and pasting if you've recieved the post twice maybe its because they like the sound/look of you. If it were me then id take it as a compliment.

The problem is it rings of desperation. It is open to a lot of assumptions.

Ie...

The assumption they haven't actually read your profile
The assumption that they have sent out a mail shot to the masses working on the odds that out of every 5 one may reply.
The assumption that they don't really care who they meet.
The assumption that they may well be a player because they are spreading themselves so thin they would likely meet all that accept.

Maybe i'm being overly negative, but I really really do appreciate a message that makes reference to my profile, that they have found things that we may have in common and have even taken note of where I live.

cutnpastes invariably work like an advert and don't actually tell you anything about the person, other than they're up for fun, male, age and wanting to meet 'someone'. You're left with no idea of their character.

I really think they are a waste of space.

Although the ones that have inserted a name or something and forgot to change it do make me chuckle as they are so blatant.
 bootielicious
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:08:09 AM
Cyberman-43 take a note here and (get real)...

Women prefer quality over quantity. A joke that relates to something fun on their profile would be so much more appreciated. You may have visited somewhere she has been and could ask a question of their experience. It could be that you just find them very attractive and want to compliment them on something.

I'd rather have a few well thought out lines that showed me you had real interest in me, than paragraph after paragraph from someone I neither know or wish to know.

Spark my attention by using your brain and making me feel special, not by giving me the same poop you did 20 other women!
 - Jules2008 -
Msg: 24
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/24/2008 1:20:09 PM
Ive had a copy n paste message from the same guy...we chatted a while back..He was looking for LT and he began chatting with me and then ranted on about how I shouldnt have been on the site as I have friends on my profile...Well lucky me he came back the other day...Same mail and then literally the same mails after that in reply to mine...whats coming next...why am I on this site Bless him...
 PrincessLina
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 10/30/2008 7:15:28 PM
Yep cant stand them lol.. if they cant be bothered to read a profile and send an email thats personal to me they havent made any effort.. All the emails I ever send out are all personal to specifics on the profiles :)
 Loose_end
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 10/31/2008 6:50:43 AM

i haven`t a clue how to copy and paste, can someone explain please?

Its all in the click of the right mouse button.............highlight it first

btw i can`t load a picture either, i can browse on my pic, but when i click to download nothing happens, so have been trying and trying

How big is it, and by that, i dont mean the size of your chest.

Copy and paste, its the new black. If you get frustrated by a lack of replies, its always nice to have this mass abuse weapon in your arsenal.

Just change the name at the top and your minted
 Strider886
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 3/14/2011 5:35:47 AM

read a profile thoroughly and work from that, it goes a long way in showing your integrity and will be a huge bonus to you straight away

Tried this......

Unread/deleted

Wasted of 30 mins of my life!

x50 waste of time messages = angry, upset and annoyed, feeling like a leper and even more angry toward the site in general.

Solution? = don't send out any messages and let them come to you.

Result? = Que Sera, Sera
 JNeill86
Msg: 97
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 1/15/2012 12:34:16 PM
I myself use C&P but it doesn't mean I haven't read your profile or I am sending it out to every profile I see. I use it as my introduction and my conclusion to my messages, I usually have a sentence or two in the middle that is unique to that profile to show I have read it, but how else can I write an intro to a message other the Hi I am, I like.... and conclude with I hope to hear from you.

You usually great someone with a hello what does it matter if that hello was C&P'd
 LyamB
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 1/15/2012 1:38:06 PM
Why do people even bother copy and pasting "hey how r u"? :s
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 2/23/2012 2:10:36 PM
A message I got yesterday was 'hi, how are you this rainy night' pretty generic and probably copy and paste. I responded saying it wasn't raining where I was but I'd nearly got blown away

He came back with another remark about the weather, I responded saying I hoped it stayed mild as I had just booked flights to Scotland for next month (I thought it might open up the conversation a bit)

He responded with another comment about the weather, totally missing out on the chance to ask why I was going to Scotland, or where, or did I like Scotland. I gave up

Later on, another message from him saying that he had enjoyed the conversation and hoped we could chat again soon, sounded very much like another copy and paste, actually looking back, every message could have been copy and paste without him even reading my response lol

I was very tempted to say that it all depended on the weather conditions but refrained and just didn't respond.
 Cutepid
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Copy and paste messages
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:21:03 PM
"....goes a long way in showing your integrity and will be a huge bonus to you straight away"

yes as a unread/deleted or a read deleted..I love reading complaints about people who don't write long thoughtful personal letters...women seem to be the prevalent ones complaining about all those short letters..and yet they are the same people who will use the unread/delete button like it's the money button
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >