Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 69
Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

...for some reason (could be the bad weather where i am) my smart phone isnt allowing me into your site.

It looks like your smart phone is not very smart.
 Cynderella
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.
Posted: 3/24/2015 9:40:27 AM
This thread is 7 years old...
In all this time I've never heard of this feature or if it even took off.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/24/2015 11:24:00 AM

This thread is 7 years old...
In all this time I've never heard of this feature or if it even took off.

I can only imagine why POF would take away voicemail. I can only imagine a pretty gal's mailbox and what voice messages would be left. Many pants. Many low-pitched, slowly-speaking words with deep breaths, with the sounds of something being vigorously lubricated in the background.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/24/2015 3:23:15 PM

with the sounds of something being vigorously lubricated in the background.

Churning butter?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/24/2015 6:37:34 PM

Churning butter?

Yes. The sounds of the process of churning butter. He's just making the cream as part of the process, with glee....
 clooneystutor
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:22:46 AM
Blonde...

Sorry I haven't responded to your voicemails.

I've been busy churning here.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:33:00 AM
^^^
the 2 above men can butter my toast anytime....

xox

glad u like my voicemail Clooney...
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/25/2015 8:49:56 AM
Speaking of message stuff, although a little different, I just got an email as part of the CRTC updates. (for non canadians, thats the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. Among tv and radio they also have anti spamming regulations for phone and email).
I saw plenty of fish got a $48,000 fine last fall for not having the proper unsubscribe features in their email according to the new regulations.
No biggy, they just clarified unsubscribing on their emails. $48,000 isn't a company killer to them. Just saw the name and it peaked my interest.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:04:08 AM

I just got an email as part of the CRTC updates. (for non canadians, thats the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission.

So -- just hockey score updates? :)

I saw plenty of fish got a $48,000 fine last fall for not having the proper unsubscribe features in their email according to the new regulations.

That's virtually nothing. To a layman, that's like getting a $10 parking ticket. Understandable. I think sites should make Unsubscribe to be pretty quick and easy to find. Now, is it for Paying members, or is it for all users in general to keep a high user base to brag about?
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:25:34 AM

So -- just hockey score updates? :)

That's their other duty, yeah :)

That's virtually nothing.

yeah exactly, that's why I say no biggy, both financially and in properly adjusting.
One of the places I volunteered at, we had our outmail suspended by our service provider as we went through the learning curve of these new regulations set, i forget when, maybe 8 months ago?

Just though it was kind of neat to see their name pop up in it.
 spot4username
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/15/2015 7:12:53 AM
Before you guys gather the torches and come after me - Yes, I know this thread is ancient and started by M to promote the feature. Before I started a new thread I figured I would actually follow the rules (even though there is supposedly no one watching ) and search for an existing thread.

In all my years at POF and all my different "about me" with their many different intents, hidden, with and without pics, etc. I have never used this feature nor received a message and then this morning...

BAM!

There it is. In my inbox (the one that vanished yesterday). A message from a man I have never had contact with. It is a clickable player. Whoa boy was I apprehensive to click it but of course I did. It was a very nice message telling me I am beautiful and to have a nice day. Why he chose to send someone with a profile like mine a message boggles the mind. Now I wonder what the protocol is. If it was a regular message I would ignore it because as we all know no response = a response. The nice girl in me feels like I should send him a message thanking him and gently pointing him to my profile whilst wishing him well with his romantic search. The seasoned OLD girl in me knows that could be met with a nice message, a message that teaches me some new insults or serve to give him the wrong impression and encourage him.

So I turn to you wise ones (you know who you are) - the POF masses - what to do?
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/15/2015 7:23:36 AM

So I turn to you wise ones (you know who you are)

Please reread what you wrote, as if some of us wise ones had said it to you. VVV

A message from a man I have never had contact with. It is a clickable player. Whoa boy was I apprehensive to click it but of course I did. It was a very nice message telling me I am beautiful and to have a nice day. Why he chose to send someone with a profile like mine a message boggles the mind. Now I wonder what the protocol is. If it was a regular message I would ignore it because as we all know no response = a response. The nice girl in me feels like I should send him a message thanking him and gently pointing him to my profile whilst wishing him well with his romantic search. The seasoned OLD girl in me knows that could be met with a nice message, a message that teaches me some new insults or serve to give him the wrong impression and encourage him.

Some OLD "men" constantly seek new ways to strive for ANY attention at all from a woman online with a pretty face. Some may make quite an effort, or may possibly be spammers if they completely ignore what you said in your profile. If you are not interested, no response is best.

Also I suggest you run a fullscan soon on your computer with a top updated Anti-malware program.

Good luck!
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/15/2015 7:51:52 AM
spot4username, I suggest no response to the voice message. A first-contact voice message doesn't deserve more consideration just because of the format. And since he gave no credit to what you have said in your profile, blocking him would be appropriate.

You could hide your profile if you want. It is a free site function once again.

That voice message is a POF site feature. Those using the mobile app can send them. It will not have any viruses or malware associated with it. There is no reason to run a scan just because you played that audio file.
 spot4username
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/15/2015 7:58:05 AM

spot4username, I suggest no response to the voice message. A first-contact voice message doesn't deserve more consideration just because of the format.

Yes, I am leaning heavily in that direction.

You could hide your profile if you want. It is a free site function once again.

Today....

That voice message is a POF site feature. Those using the mobile app can send them. It will not have any viruses or malware associated with it. There is no reason to run a scan just because you played that audio file.

Yes, I knew it was a feature of the mobile app. I was just shocked to see it in use! I was (am) not concerned with a virus or malware as a result of clicking "play".
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/15/2015 8:07:06 AM
You called?
Well....Lordy....we have voice mail now....again apparently, I wasn't on here or missed it...years back????
Wowsers.....!! Is it linked to those who use cells only?
I never knew we had it....is it an upgraded feature.....asking the tech people....???????.

I'd normally ignore it being that he didn't seem to read your profile.
Might be a scammer or a fella who doesn't like to type....gawd, at my age those are plenty.
Why....don't you just hide your profile.....that usually works for not getting unwanted messages.
Do what you want.....text a no thanks is sufficient.
 spot4username
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/15/2015 8:29:37 AM
LOL! I know!! ^^^^^^ There is a very perverse side of me that wants to call all the forum regs that I can and leave them a message.

Last time I hid my profile it became pay only within the week. I don't want to jinx the system.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/15/2015 9:48:11 AM

There is a very perverse side of me that wants to call all the forum regs

Please call me:)

No raincheck either!

I think it would be interesting to have an option to let someone hear your voice intro when the mouse pointer is moved over your thumbnail.

You'll never find, as long as you live
Someone who loves you tender like I do
You'll never find, no matter where you search
Someone who cares about you the way I do
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2015 6:03:11 PM
I am for the voice mechanism as that can eliminate some people right off the bat!!!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/16/2015 3:11:24 AM

That voice message is a POF site feature.

I got three of those back to back to back from the same psycho last month. Only the second person I've ever blocked. It was really surprising to see how it showed on the phone though....I was like wth?
 Peas_
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/17/2015 7:59:02 AM

Is it linked to those who use cells only?
I never knew we had it....is it an upgraded feature.....asking the tech people....???????.

It is a free site function once again.

Sounds like those two new app developer jobs have just re worked and instituted an old feature for phones only.
 p123a
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2015 5:40:51 PM
Hey, the voicemail is there, I have just used it and someone got my message! He is now trying to figure out how to respond by voicemail as well...
I am using Samsung tablet not a cell phone.
 iowasingle
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/20/2016 2:38:09 PM
so if you use the dail someone's # on this site, they won't have access to your real phone number until you give it to them
 jwb0584
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/8/2017 12:46:14 AM
I was an upgraded member in my account got deleted by home this girl is there anyway I can retrieve it back
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/8/2017 3:23:23 AM
Plea your case using your username/email associated with it to csr@pof.com.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.