Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NiceNLoveable
Msg: 26
Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Can someone tell me where to go to hook this service up I looked but cannot figure it out. Thanks.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 27
Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.
Posted: 2/13/2008 1:51:49 PM
Okay, it seems pretty cool. :) I just tried it and did let me leave a voicemail for someone. I also was able to go into my sent messages and then listen to the message I had just left for them.

Now they just need to add the direct link to the address book:
http://www.plentyoffish.com/j_phonecontacts.aspx

If you signed up it will let you into that and let you change how you get your calls.
 DJKJ
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/13/2008 4:16:00 PM
That is an excellent idea. I tried it today with a friend, and it worked. I thought it would be delivered as a text message, but apparently it came as an email. Anyway, I'd like to take this opporunity to thank you for allowing us this "free ride".
Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to offer a suggestion.
If and when you feel like adding extra features, how about a way of knowing what percentage of messages a user replies to. This way, we won't bother sending a message to someone who for example, only answers 3% of the messages received....
I know it is possible, since a pay site I used to be on had this feature, and I found it very useful. Not to sound unappreciative, just a suggestion.
Thanks again.
 FishOwl
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/13/2008 5:13:34 PM
kayliecat, for info on SMS (Short Message Service) check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_message_service
 Two Tickets
Msg: 30
view profile
History
I tried testing this . To get it to work all I need to do was
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:21:17 PM
I tried testing this . To get it to work all I needed to do was to read the directions!
 originalambie97
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/13/2008 9:33:43 PM
What happens if you want to remove your information from it? I mean is it something simple to do?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/13/2008 11:06:31 PM
Mine is telling me that my number is invalid? I can't get it to work for me.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:55:45 AM
I had a friend that got the invalid number problem as well last night. I watched him do it so I know he did it exactly like I did. I also know that his number does show up correctly on caller ID.
 lorettastoner
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/14/2008 4:46:53 AM
hey how did you sign up for this.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/14/2008 4:57:44 AM
You need to go into a profile, click on the option to send them a voicemail (it's under the contact them now button). It will then prompt you to enter your phone number and PIN. The next step is to call a phone number it shows you and enter the validation code. After that it will give you phone numbers to dial for each person.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/14/2008 7:56:48 AM

AND this means you will be paying a premium long distance rate from Virginia to Ohio ?

OR WILL THE LONG DISTANCE CHARGE BE TO SOME OBSCURE SERVER IN INDIA ???????????

You can clearly see what area code you are dialing. If a number on the other end reroutes it you can not be charged for that unless you have given that company billing information. We aren't giving anything of that sort. Most people in this day and age have free long distance. Such new technology as the cell phone and internet phones has made the days of actually paying per call a thing nearing extinction.
 KORNRULES
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/14/2008 9:30:56 AM
HI JUST WONDERING WHAT IS VOICE MAIL AND SMS MESSAGING SYSTEM CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN
 chel925
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:24:39 PM
Hi Nokia6030-

How could I help you?

Michelle
 DTSMITH
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:02:02 PM
I can;t figure out how to use this stuff . I tried to follow the prompt but I didn't work
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:14:39 PM
Don't feel bad. It isn't working for me either still. I can't seem to figure it out. When I go to test it, I don't have an option to leave a voice mail... just the option to send an SMS message. Wait a minute... let me check something out. It just came to me .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:22:11 PM
OK.... now I get it I think. Once I click on the link below someones picture I get the option to call a number or send an SMS. I called the number and left a message. It sent it and put it in my sent folder. I can listen to it but now I'll wait and see if the other end gets it. It is giving me a 314 area code which is in state but long distance. Thank God for the free long distance on the good old cell phone .
 anessa2027
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/15/2008 3:27:06 AM
any one can leave a voice mail on my pof or send sms...
 cpkingusa
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/15/2008 7:21:30 AM
Hi, I don't see any dropdown contact/phonebook on the POF? do you mean on my internet explorer?
Thanks
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:31:17 AM

How do you manage to offer these things on a free dating site?

And, according to an article in the Wall Street Journal, he does it working about 10 hours a week with 1.5 employees...and made $10 million dollars! Not bad work when you can get it!

CasualSoul
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 11:08:13 AM
Same here!!!! It worked fine for me the first time I used it, but now I get the "User Already Exists" message. I am certain I am using the same PIN as when I did it the first time.
 CasualSoul
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 11:34:10 AM
I think this new Voice mail and anonymous telephone connection system (Jangl) is an AWESOME new feature for POF and any criticism of it must be based on pure ignorance.

This new system is basically combining a telephone based dating service like Lavalife-By-Phone with an on-line dating service. Combining the two like this is a concept that is very long over due frankly. The phone based systems have always had some advantages in that you actually hear the person's voice in their intro profile and in any voice mail they leave for you. A person's voice and mannerism on the phone can tell you a LOT about who they are. Also, the phone based systems have always been better than the on-line systems at cutting through the BS of getting to the actual interactive phone conversation stage, which, in my opinion, is usually a critical first step to determining if you have any chemistry with the person. The problem with the telephone dating systems is that you have no idea what the person you're talking to really looks like and their introduction profile just can't have nearly as much information in it as an on-line service like POF. I used to ask women on theses phone systems if they had photos on-line anywhere and I even used to send them to visit my POF profile. By adding the voice service to POF we now have the best of both worlds!!

Now, if we can just get it to work I'll be VERY happy.
 markus
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 3:27:12 PM
There was a problem and jangl didn't send me 4,000 or so new users phone numbers that signed up yesterday. It should all be fixed now.
 col510
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:02:54 PM
(Thank you for adding this service. I am sure it will compliment your existing and very nice service. Just a note (don't hate me) but received is spelled incorrectly in a number of places in admin messages. Just wanted to let you know...it is a great sight and amazing that you are running it out of your apartment)

Dont hate me but its a site not a sight. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
No offense intended.
 TheReason_
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:29:19 PM
Ok I got it working, so the next obvious progression should be the ability for us to leave sound clips on our profiles, then people can hear what our voices sound like.

:)
 *mandrake*
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:14:27 PM
I think it is a great feature....but I don't want to use it, and won't be activating it....however: ADMIN....if someone sends me a voicemail, can I refuse it without blocking the user? If one of my friends sends it, I don't want to have to block them, just the voicemail! Is that possible?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plentyoffish Voice Mail and SMS Messaging System.