Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong righ      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 janet1892
Msg: 163
What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away? Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I met a guy like that turned out he was lying to me the whole time
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 164
What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?
Posted: 10/28/2013 10:09:21 AM
Depends on why you are here. If it's Thursday and I would like to go out on a date or hangout with someone on Friday...I will ask in the first message...I have found people that just want to hangout have no issues meeting that Friday or even that same night....heck its only to go for a coffee, walk, or a few drinks....I use this site for its intended purpose....
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/29/2013 9:16:10 AM

If they're hot, what's the problem? :)

Actually, there would be very fewer problems. It doesn't take long at all sometimes for someone to develop a crush. And if they're too verbal about it, it can throw someone off... but it's not necessarily bad. I think a lot of it depends on how much "umph" is put behind it. To one person, too many comments about "us" too early is too much. To others, a bit fast, flattering, but hey, if they're hot -- that's fine. There are couples out there who hit it off with fireworks really soon and that had no negative effect on things. If they're hot & a great catch and they aren't psycho obsessed, but are emotionally into you real quick, I say don't run.

If it's Thursday and I would like to go out on a date or hangout with someone on Friday...I will ask in the first message...I have found people that just want to hangout have no issues meeting that Friday or even that same night....heck its only to go for a coffee, walk, or a few drinks....I use this site for its intended purpose....

I agree. That's different than the OP's concern, but somewhat similar. Some people expect to pen-pal for a while then meet, even though nothing's really real UNTIL ya meet. Mine as well get it out of the way if there's mutual attraction & like of what each other wrote.
 KrazyChikk
Msg: 166
Posted: 10/29/2013 8:28:40 PM

I take him for what's he's saying...
or...
I think he's a player.
Either way I choose my path.

Most of time I've got it figured out before it get's to that point.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/12/2013 11:11:43 PM
I avoid them. I learned my lesson dealing with a klingon type who came on like gangbusters. People who come on too strong are usually needy, emotionally unhealthy and insecure.
 Crystal_Planet
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/13/2013 4:53:12 AM
I avoid them. I learned my lesson dealing with a klingon type who came on like gangbusters. People who come on too strong are usually needy, emotionally unhealthy and insecure.

If they are pushing it forward way more quickly than necessary then yes, that may be the case. But like in Theme_pack's scenario (msg 252), I think that's totally cool. The whole "ten messages exchanged followed by 6 emails and no less than four phone calls in a space no less than 30 days" formula is utter bullshit and a complete waste of time. But it does speak volumes of a person's irrational fear.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?