Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do you consider a loser?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Brian85BC
Msg: 38
What do you consider a loser?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
what about someone (young people) who maybe came from a broken home where the father/mother was an alcoholic/ drug addict and grew up in dire hell. would they be considered a loser if they were getting older and perhaps living poor? would they be considered a loser for being down/angry at times?

and I do understand some street kids are just plain lazy or whatever, but what about the ones who maybe had no chance growing up, are they scum in the eyes of the general population?
 Smart-Blonde
Msg: 39
What do you consider a loser?
Posted: 2/17/2008 10:56:05 PM
Only if they choose to live the same life as their parents. Then yes, they are copping out and being losers. But if that person picks themself up, moves forward and has a better life, then he becomes a champion. I don't think anyone should be judged by how they grew up, it is not their fault or choice. The main issue is how they continue to live their life after.
 _teetee_
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/17/2008 11:18:48 PM
I consider someone a loser if they have zero drive and ambition in life! I cant stand it f someones okay with sitting on their couch doing nothing but working at a job they hate for the rest of their lives...
 Addicted2forums
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/17/2008 11:25:44 PM
Sadly, Brian ... much of the general population isn't very understanding of those who have had tough circumstances ... at any time in their lives. Many will never understand ... especially those whose lives have run smoothly ... had a good home, got a good education, didn't fall prey to the addictions/vultures of society, enjoy(ed) good health, and got the better paying careers.

All a person can do is try to rise above any and all obstacles life throws at them, have a good heart/spirit/nature ... and no one has any right to call him/her a "loser".
 Mopar4ever
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:58:52 AM
Addicted' I agree with you. It seems as if the longer time goes on the less understanding and judgmental people are. You can't judge a book or a person by the cover. I think we have to be willing to give each person a chance to show who they really are. I think some of us pass up a good man/woman just because of what we think we see. When what we should do is look inside that person and try to see what's there. Some guys and gals are just waiting for someone to come along that will give them a chance. When someone does come along and judge them and pass them up it just adds to the hurt making them feel more down. If we give that man/woman a chance and don't judge them who knows that person might make the best companion we ever had. Your right' There are a lot of people out there that have never had a problem with there job or health or anything. There lucky and don't know it. Not every one has luck like that. Are we any better than they are because we have had better luck? NO.
Just my thoughts.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:33:45 AM
A loser?
Doesn't work when they ARE capable of working.
Low self esteem.
Acts tough amongst their mates whilst they down grade people.
Disrespectful.
Prejudice.
Druggies and drinkers who will not accept help.
Think the world 'owes' them something.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:07:51 AM
A loser is a whiner who takes no responsibility for himself or where he is in life, does nothing but blame others or "circumstances" for who and what he is.

It's some who has given up trying to be a better person.
 wondering1980
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:16:13 AM
someone who:

fussy about spelling/grammar
who thinks they know everything
who thinks there hot/good looking
people who criticize others due to problems that can't be helped/controled
 jd28spot
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/18/2008 12:36:52 PM
Just wanted to chime in here and say......THANKS PEOPLE!!!! Always figured I fit into the "Loser" category until I read this thread. You have renewed my faith in the world!
(well, at least I will always be a loser when it comes to gambling....which is why I never go there anymore...lol)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do you consider a loser?