Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aquaplane
Msg: 24
view profile
History
antibiotics...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I've been on antibiotics for an ingrowing toe nail for ages, then I got a sore throat and the doc gave me some different ones for that?

Then there was a sign saying don't ask for antibiotics for a sore throat????

Anyroad, there was this thing on radio 4 about antibiotics and MRSA and that other one in your gut, cdiff or somat like that. It seems that this cdiff is there anyway but the competition from the other bacteria in your gut keeps it under control. You take antibiotics and it kills lots of these "nice" bacteria that's keeping a cap on the cdiff, so the cdiff, which is resistant to antibiotics, then run riot, and sometimes kill. Drinking Yaklut is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, the antibiotics go for that stuff too.

The same goes with MRSA, a percentage of folk carry it anyway, up their nose seems popular, and it gets on their hands and generaly spread round their skin.

There was I waiting for me toe nail to be removed (ripped off sounds far more spectacular) now wondering if antibiotics are a good thing or not! I took them anyway.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
antibiotics...
Posted: 3/6/2008 8:12:20 AM
had a course of antibiotics a few years back, did not work, but took probiotics at the same time, always finish them, they wont work for viruses and most colds are viral

find honey / lemon plus chilli / garlic to be quite effective

was offered some, looked at the side effects and then chose not to use them, worked out ok though :)
 stevencl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
antibiotics...
Posted: 8/16/2009 2:49:29 AM
Anniesea, the medication you refer to is Erythromycin ( a macrolide antibiotic) and is used for people who are allergic to penicillin. Most penicillins work best when taken on an empty stomach (either one hour before meals or two hours after) with an 8-ounce glass of water. The water helps prevent the medicine from irritating the delicate lining of the esophagus and stomach. However, some types of penicillin can be taken on either a full or empty stomach. These include amoxicillin, penicillin V, and the tablet form of bacampicillin.
Penicillins work best when there is a constant amount circulating in the body. So it's important not to miss a dose. Also, it's best to take doses at evenly spaced intervals, both day and night. You must complete a course of antibiotics to completely eradicate the infection. Failure to complete the course may allow the infection to come back worse than before and more resistant to antibiotics.
Hope this clears thing up.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 40
view profile
History
antibiotics...
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:50:03 AM
I had pneumonia twice in my life. Second time, I was in a hospital on an antibiotic drip.
I was working two job, going to school and only sleeping 4 hours a night. Sheer exhaustion and not eating properly, plus the Omaha sub-zero weather took it's toll on me.
The doctor said I nearly died. I learned to take the full course of anti-biotics.
Almost every year around spring I get sinus infections to the point where I get nose bleeds.
You damn straight I'm going to take the full course every if I'm feeling better. The infection is still around and you need to stamp it out completely.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >