Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > MLS expansion - Philadelphia 16th team      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Agroman
Msg: 29
MLS expansion - Philadelphia 16th team Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I believe hockey has caught on in Europe as well, check out the NHL rosters.

I am a late comer to football as a fan and a recreational player, my carreer spans ages 10 to 15, hiatus for a few years then 48 to 52. MLS is great, TFC has an inpiring fan base. It also gives El Norte fans a chance to see a possible friendly with the likes of Newcastle, MANU, Liverpool, Arsenal or ( shudder) Chelsea.

It gives young football players in NA another dream to aspire to.

If the European teams are signing MLS players then it is another stepping stone to the "biggies" for NA talent.
 adru1028
Msg: 30
view profile
History
MLS expansion - Philadelphia 16th team
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:00:49 AM
Finally we get GOL via satellite so we catch more La Liga as well as Italian & Bundesliga football here in America. Here in Houston they are forming club teams that have various age groups & their own home fields.
I thought I heard last week that Seattle will add an expansion team neat season. Just caught the tail end of the report so I can't be certain.
 untamed one
Msg: 31
MLS expansion - Philadelphia 16th team
Posted: 5/26/2008 5:26:30 PM

Montreal 's making serious inquiries for a MLS franchise . Saputo group has a SSS already at 13,000 capacity and can boost to 20,000 . Stade Saputo will also host 2 games of the CONCACAF champions league qualifiers , featuring Toronto FC , Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps .

Toronto FC heads to Montreal tomorrow for a historic meeting with USL side Montreal Impact 7:30pm , game available on cbc.ca or tape delay at on CBC at midnight .
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > MLS expansion - Philadelphia 16th team