Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Gun Control      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 676
view profile
History
Re: Gun ControlPage 28 of 50    (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50)
Nothing I hate more than being interrupted in the middle of a sex toy party.

( Note to self - get quote from tat parlour....)
 lola05
Msg: 677
view profile
History
Re: Gun Control
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:50:48 PM
~ i would bet, he doesn't even know. ~

He just saw your pic Tim,..and got,.. you know,.. Trigger Happy !! ~>
 marita_b
Msg: 678
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:08:03 AM
It's a good thing there aren't many guns in the US flooded regions of the south,....

It would be bad if just anyone could go into so many of the now empty and unatended stores and just walk out with huge numbers of guns and amunition,.....wouldn't it?

TimPommell
Msg: 679
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:17:46 AM
I'm waiting on the the news that they've captured a bus load of Canadian gun smugglers who had donned SCUBA gear to do just that... Have another drink.......LOL Most criminals don't want to monkey around with looting with the national guard being deployed. Besides, most of those types of items were probably either placed into a safe, or removed to another secured location before Katrina hit.
 marita_b
Msg: 680
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:02:42 PM
you haven't actually been watching CNN,...have you TIM?,...

My statement was sarcasm,....because this IS what is going on down there right now,..and the walmart that was cleaned out was a brand new one recently opened ,...so it was fully stocked,....

In fact one oficer was shot trying to prevent something like this,....
The cops have since given up and are concentrated on the important ones like the guys who realized no one is guarding the banks,....
 TimPommell
Msg: 681
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:38 PM

My statement was sarcasm

You think mine wasn't? No, I don't watch CNN... for some reason when it's on only the left side of my surround sound works. Looting, or plain ol' theft as we call it in non-disaster related times is not uncommon in New Orleans.
 lola05
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 4:53:14 PM
... i .. uhhh, ... heard you the First time ...Taurus. ~

~ ~ Bush Strategy ==> Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition... Repetition........ ~
 TimPommell
Msg: 683
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:21:21 PM
Now that wasn't a cheap shot at republicans was it?
 lola05
Msg: 684
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:23 PM
~ "Cheap" ? ... maybe. ~ Well Timed ? ... Definately.
 TimPommell
Msg: 685
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:14 AM

Secret: We have to go to a police state because of our enemies the terrorists.

Not so Secret: We need to adjust your dosage. What you appear to be is confused ... you cannot be "conservative" AND support radical change in the Constitution. The label and position are contradictory.
The threat of terrorism is precisely why we shouldn't alter our Constitution. There are military forces deployed in Afghanistan for the specific purpose of taking the fight to them, yet somehow they still managed to detonate bombs in London. The only thing that is minimizing terrorist threat in the US is the ability of our citizens to meet force with like force.
 marita_b
Msg: 686
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:47:42 AM
There are no terroristsin New Orleans,...unless you think they are able to controll the weather.....

and look how things have changed,...guards are being shot,...
someone took shots at a recue hellicopter,...
That nurse,...working around the clock who went outside for a smoke break having a gun stuck in her face,...Now looters are actually zeroing in to gun shops,....taking as many guns and amo as possible,....which terrorist are responsible for this behaviour?

Nowadays,....in some places you don't even need a bomb to do maximum damage,...
all you have to do is shout bomb in a crouded place,.....

If the last few days haven't been a wake up call,....then some of you I suspect are in a coma.
 TimPommell
Msg: 687
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:33:55 AM

Now looters are actually zeroing in to gun shops,....taking as many guns and amo as possible,....which terrorist are responsible for this behaviour?

We generally just refer to these people as criminals...
I wouldn't mind if you referred to them as Urban Terrorists, though technically terrorist represent either a religious or political affiliation with a desire to impose their way of life on others utilizing violence. What I'm seeing is a bunch of opportunistic thieves capitalizing on the vulnerability in the aftermath of a natural disaster.
 marita_b
Msg: 688
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:18:31 AM
your kidding right?

Your definition of terrorism Tim, is;

"A religous or politically affiliated group,...with the desire to impose their way of life on others and utilizing violence?"

pardon me for straying but this needs to be said,.....
Pretend you're an Irqi,....now read that sentence again,.....

getting back to your own terrorists,.....I can't help but wonder how much worse this situation is because of how many places in those affected states where guns are unattended and available to looters,.....could just be the tip of the iceberg,....who knows,....

TimPommell
Msg: 689
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:13:10 AM

pardon me for straying but this needs to be said,.....
Pretend you're an Irqi,....now read that sentence again,.....

Pretend I'm an Iraqi, or pretend I'm a member of the previously empowered oppressive Ba'ath Party? Two very different things...
Besides, we're not imposing our way of life on them, merely liberating them from tyranny and allowing them the opportunity to govern themselves. Again, two very different things...
 lola05
Msg: 690
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:25:34 PM

" I can't help but wonder how much worse this situation is because of how many places in those affected states where guns are unattended and available to looters,.....could just be the tip of the iceberg,....who knows,...."

~ i agree with you marita. It's not like there hasn't been riots, and looting before in history.
Would it have hurt much to have moved all guns and ammo from stores prior to this
potential emergency situation ?

They could heve been stored. ...By Law Enforcement personnel ?
That would have seriously turned the tables on this escalating nightmare.
 marita_b
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:51:44 PM
Tim you really slay me ,....you honestly can't see the pot calling the kettle black?

Of course you are imposing your way of life onto those people,...not only that but you get final approval on whom they chose to lead them,...

"you state you are ALLOWING THEM THE OPORTUNITY TO GOVERN THEMSELVES?"
WHO ARE YOU TO ALLOW ANY NATION SOMETHING,.....how arrogant,...

Before you liberate anyone you have to wait until they actualy ask you to,....
no one to my knowledge did,.....

Like I said before,...the boyscout taking granny's arm and helping her across the road,...is a good thing,.....unless granny didn't want to cross the road in the first place,....

The boy scout should first ask what granny wanted,....

It is not now nor has it ever been your job as americans to decide what's best for anyone,...
Just as it is not any other nation's place to tell you or even suggest to you how to deal with your current crissis,.....all anyone has the right to do is offer assistance,...but we can't force it on you because it's for your own good,....even though it affects us too,...

The world is coming to your citizens aid,....because you asked for help,....it's that simple,...
 marita_b
Msg: 693
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:56:38 PM
Hey Lola how about this,...

If you sell guns & amo in a store,...you have to have a vault where you keep these items at night,...you lock them up every time you close the store,.....they do it with money,...right?

TimPommell
Msg: 694
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:41:34 AM
Marita
I would love to respond to your Iraq comments, but it's completely off topic so I'll reserve it for another thread.
As for your statmeent about MY arrogance... am I the only one who noticed that you've been telling us we need to alter the way we do things to suit your political agenda?
 marita_b
Msg: 695
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:46:49 AM
You are,...Tim,....in no post to any forum that I have ever made,...have I EVER even hinted at my particular political agenda,...reason being I don't have one,...

I simply make observations,....and on occasion mirror your own statements, back to you ....
Like the one I responded to,...On rare occasion I do take umbrige with a statement that is just so blatantly outragious,..... at which point I point out how someone like myself might,...interpreted your comment,.....in the hopes that perhaps I misunderstood,....

The truth is I have brought up this in the forum applicable and you didn't respond there either

TimPommell
Msg: 696
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:07 AM
Marita

You are,...Tim,....in no post to any forum that I have ever made,...have I EVER even hinted at my particular political agenda,...reason being I don't have one,...

Let's use what I like to call "facts"
1.) Gun control is a political issue
2.) You are not a US Citizen
3.) You have stated NUMEROUS times that you believe the American public should be disarmed.
Considering that 1, 2, & 3 are indiputable facts, we can only arrive at the conclusion that you are a foreigner attempting to impose your moral and political convictions on the United States. Whether you use military force, or web postings, it's still the same demonstration of "arrogance" you accuse me of.
As for my reponses. Fortunately for me, I have the right to decide which postings I respond to. I'm sorry if YOUR position requires I respond in order to validate it, but it is not your choice as to where, when, and what I respond to.
 marita_b
Msg: 697
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:09:49 AM
Yes Mike I realize that,....and that was my point,....

you can get just as many guns as you want in this country but the people that sell them do have to secure them,....when the store is closed and to a significant degree when the store is open,....

Obviously security alarms aren't all that good in a no power situation,...

and New Orleans not only knew about such a situation like the hurricaine,...they in fact had a mock exercise on just this scenario,...last year,...hence this particular location might have envisioned a need for a different security system for their gun dealers,....

The mock excersise was based on a direct hit of a cat.5 hurricain to New Orleans,....

It may take a civil engeneer to build and repair a city like New Orleans but it doesn't take one to look at a map and see that a city surrounded by water on 3 sides significantly below sea level,....is a bad idea,......especially in a hurricain corridor,....so someone must have looked at a map before last friday and thought gee,...maybe we should think about what to do,...
which in fact they did,....they just led their opinions and suggestions with their wallets,....

This is not my opinion BTW it was the statement of one of the engeneers who was involved with the creation and or maintenance of thie levy system,...
 oneafternoon
Msg: 698
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:17:36 PM
You want to compare the liberation of iraq to WWII. The world was very different at that time comparing the two conflicts are very different. First the allies were at war with the axis this meaning conflicts of war were already going on. Noticed how iraq never invaded your country or attempted to , they never posed a threat except to sell oil for cheaper prices. And if i remember correctly another crountry did the to empire of japan in the 40's before going to war. Also The united states broke internation laws against peace which they help creat.

For the kuwait conflict ... the United states never opposed the invasion of kuwait. Leting iraq invade the country. The only reason they invaded iraq was beacause Sadam hussain was becoming to powerful and was about to have full control of oil under the two lands. Plus Sadam would get the gold supply.

Don't forget Nazi-germany also liberated many states and they were all happy to join Nazi germany
 marita_b
Msg: 699
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:42:31 PM
Keeping an eye on where the barbs are coming from,....
That's reasonable,...and you don't need anyone's permission for that,..

Invading another country,.....now that's something else all together,...

regardless of your motivation,....

And if you ever researched Hitler which my son actually had to do for a school project once,..
Hitler before the war,....you would see something completely different,...
He did not start out being the nut ball he turned into,...
He actually did many,....MANY good things for the country first,....

You can find out how much yourself,...there are a SH!tload of sites on him,...
and I will guarantee you some of what you find will surprise you as much as they did me,...

You definately will re think your comparrison,....to Sadam,....

But the point is mute,...he was the offical leader of a foreign country ,...
and he was not gassing someone at the time,...nor invading anyone at THAT particular time,..
hence not your place to oust,.....

Immagine if some other country,...decides BUSH,...is a dangerous man in power,...his actions and inactions have led to the deaths of many of your citizens,....to save you from this awfull tyrant,...they invade to oust him for you,...

(and BTW),...HE (bush) ACTUALLY DOES HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTIONS,...

they are doing what's best for you,...do you think they would be in the right? Taurus?

oneafternoon
Msg: 700
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:21:10 PM
Hitler was brilliant ... one of the greatest leaders in history. He created an economy based on the good of the people and not the big companies.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Gun Control