Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 43
for the ladies....can you TRULY say money ain't a factor?Page 2 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I think you got a pouint I make a lousy $9 an hour now but in a few months I am going to get a jop as a help desk making around a grand a week to start. A lot of women want a guy who can support them and have their crap together. Money is a factor. Actually my last realtionship failed becuase she was a control freaka nd wanted me to get that better job move in with her nad help pay her rent/ I am a free spirit. And to pay someone else's bills when you are not married is BS. In addition when you workin retail a lot of people judge you and look down upon you. Who looks down upon you? jobless housewives living off their husband's teats! Women in their 20's want some beefcake of a guy, the type you;'d see in a sports magazine. women in their 30's and up want a man to take care of them financially.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 44
view profile
History
for the ladies....can you TRULY say money ain't a factor?
Posted: 2/25/2008 7:09:29 AM
Honestly... money doesn't really hold much sway with me.. however I'm not interested in supporting another adult..so he's have to be able to pay his own way. Also he'd have to be doing something he liked... nothing worse than someone who comes home and ****es constantly about their work.
 EagleEric
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/25/2008 7:26:05 AM
I only have one thing to say in this regard - I've never know women to be free. Also if I was living in a box under a bridge, I don't think I'd have too many female visitors!

The Eagle
 ItsMargo
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 8:03:31 AM

Also if I was living in a box under a bridge, I don't think I'd have too many female visitors!

Yeah, I'd pass... but I'd give you my change if you were panhandling!
 woterlily
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:03:31 AM
Also if I was living in a box under a bridge, I don't think I'd have too many female visitors!

female visitors would be dropping you the occasional burger or share a joint with you...

Money is a factor, more so the attitudes towards money. If he lived on the streets but has enough in him to build a better life for himself first, then those he loves, sure I would date him. If he's so rich that he take people for granted, no thanks, I'll just buy him a dog and give a call to animal society, he might end up abusing the poor dog.

Whether filthy rich or not, money is temporal, it can vanish at any time. As much as I can, I avoid getting into trouble, esp financial ones. I expect him to be the same. So if he's broke, living under the bridge, I can buy him a burger or a few dollars but he'll need a lot of convincing to have me in his equation.
 msflis
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:23:44 AM
Of course money is A factor. But it isn't THE factor, for me and most women I know.

--Ms. Flis
 bastet11191967
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:28:57 AM
Other had said similar things, but here goes.

Having had to dig myself out of massive credit card debt and grown up in a dysfunctional household where money was the main thing argued about, yes, money would be a factor for me. I have my own income and a modest retirement plan, so I am not looking for someone to sponge off of, and I don't NEED a man to depend on. However, I would also look at whether the person was handling money responsibly, instead of blowing it on nonsense such as booze and other crap. I am overhelmingly unimpressed with men who walk into bars flashing dollar bills. (As unbelievable as it sounds, I heard one woman actually swooned over this display by one man. Insert gagging sound here.) Also, is that person making sure to save up for retirement (not very many Americans do this), or is he spending compulsively? At the same time, if he is a real tightwad, I would wonder why on Earth he is bothering dating at all, since he apparently is stingy. Perhaps getting his affairs in order, finances and all, would be more productive use of his time. The money issue is more than a number in one's checking account; it also tends to be psychological.
 dogs rule
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/25/2008 12:11:01 PM
I always made good money and never told women what I made. Some of them didn't like me because I got dirty for a living but they had false expectations about car sales man that stay clean and must make great money (and be honest to lol). So be it they will get a jerk. But when I have had money problems and told the women I met, they didn't seem to care as long as I wasn't stuck in a dead end no life living with my parents situation. Most women these days want a guy that can support himself but, they make their own money so it doesn't matter what he makes.
How much do you make that would make you such a great catch all of a sudden?
 dogs rule
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/25/2008 2:06:15 PM
On the same note how many guys want to date a woman that is completely broke. I prefer a woman that has a career not just a job. But I will still go out with a woman that has just a job.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 2:43:45 PM

I'm not sure how many men would fall in love with a woman on welfare or disability or mother's allowance....would be an interesting topic

There's a thread on dating someone on welfare, off-hand, I'm not sure which forum... just search it.

If the forum postings can be believed, and I'm inclined to believe them on this subject, men care less about how much money a woman makes than women care about how much a man makes. Men, in general, don't mind if she makes less than he does, while the majority of woman prefer he makes at least as much as they do.

I don't think it means most women are less generous than most men are, IMO the cause is likely the tail-end of the traditional "male provider" thinking that hasn't quite caught up with the realities of social change.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 3:40:59 PM

If you asked a woman who made a lot of money, if they cared if a man was sleeping with for her money and what it could provide..... Some would say yes,they do care...
Sounds like a plan!!!! Why don't we try this then! Ready?

I'm in the top 10% wage bracket in the US. I'm attractive, intelligent, great sense of humor, very outgoing and adventerous, disease and baggage free....BUT....."ALL MEN" want from me is my money. They're all looking for a free ride and I'm sick of the gigalos! LOL! sounds pretty ridiculous ehhh?

Unlike the men who chronically complain about women checking out their bank balance, I CHOOSE to believe (foolish or not) that my income is an added bonus and that the men who show an interest in me do so NOT for the 60% disposable income I have left over after paying my bills each month, but rather because I'm attractive and fun! LOL! (Well, ok....so....we have to eliminate the ones who can't handle my sarcasm)

When a man says that all women want is his income there's a very good reason for his assumption. It's because his income is ALL he has to offer. He's a fat, cross-eyed, pimply faced dork with the IQ of a box of dog hair, he wouldn't know fun if he tripped over it, he's BORING to the max, he's totally rude and inconsiderate, especially to his Mother and small children and animals. He has a few bucks in the bank....but he's morally bankrupt.

Is THIS the way it is guys? Can you TRULY say that you have NOTHING to offer a lady EXCEPT money?????
 URLOVEY
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 5:56:26 PM
No! I own my own house and car. I raise my daughter without any help from my ex!!
Does the man I intend to be with need a job? YES! Does he need to be able to support himself? YES Does he need to support me or my child...NO!
 fancynanci
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 7:22:11 PM
Money isn't an issue for me. I have my own. I care about a man's character.
 MelissainMI
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 9:49:24 PM
I can say that money is not a factor for sure. If he has a job that he enjoys, can function in society and is not in huge debt Im ok with that. money is not everything..all good things come to those who wait.
 Minau
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:39:47 AM
No, absolutely not. What's more important is how they treat you and not what they can buy you.
 ripley65
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/26/2008 1:20:01 AM

Let me answer that this way: Its really not (only speaking for myself here) the 'quanity' that he makes, but rather that he has a job at all. I refuse to date someone who wont work (not talking about lay-off situations or illness or anything along those lines,,thats a whole other topic). As long as he is helping to contribute in all aspects of the monetary part of the relationship (bills, vacations, the occassional nights out, etc,,) thats all that matters to me. Its a joint effort.
 *buzz*
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 8:52:49 AM
I remember days when the ex was without a job and he was like a 'tiger in the cage'.
As long as my potential suitor holds the job that he enjoys, we are on the same page.
 ladyc4
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:12:52 PM

I just moved up into a whole new career level.....and coincidentally, I've had 4 ex girlfriends coming back around....even the ex wife tried to contact me. Now where was their interest when I was makin' 9 bucks an hour?

Wow. I think what's goin' on here is something in your womanchosing algorithim is out of whack.
Cindy O
 MILF23
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/26/2008 3:00:17 PM
i can honestly say in my case it doesn't when i met my man he was earning $330 a week an i didn't care its not about the money for me i love my man for who is not how much he earns
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 4:29:50 PM

I have 2 young boys that i love with all my heart and soul and i be damned if i will let some gold digger take anything away from them.

ABSO-Freakin-LUTELY! I don't care how many Harvard lawyers write up a prenuptial agreement...I wouldn't trust one.....particularly when my children's and grandchildren's future "security" is at stake! If they want a "committment"...fine...buy a house in the neighborhood and "visit" as frequently as they want....just don't be receiving any mail at MY address.
 ForeverLong
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 5:06:08 PM
I'm glad some of you are making lots of money! Maybe you aren't going to be financial burden to someone. Not many want to support anyone, if they themselves are struggling to survive. That would take real love.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 4:46:53 AM

Mopar better stay in Georgia cause 125,oo0 aint gonna get u much here in NY
Boy, ain't that the truth!!! My "poor" cousin lives in NYC (Long Island), she earns over 200K a year and can't afford to go on a vacation. My daughter lives in Ohio, earns around 70% of what I did before I retired (slightly over 2x the "average" income) ...and she can't afford a vacation! LOL! since I got rid of "men" that I have to support.....now I can afford to take BOTH my poor female kinfolk to Ireland this summer (I'm paying for the trip, but they have to buy their own beer!) LOL! My ex is whining.....you never took ME to Ireland! LOL! Well, duhhhh. In the 20 yr marriage, the issue was NEVER that I always made somewhere between $5-9 More an hour than he did...but rather the fact that he thought the obligatory 2080 hrs a year was more than sufficient....while the average number of hours that I worked...at my JOB (not including the housework, raising kids etc.) averaged over 2850 hrs a year. In the 20 yr marriage.....he worked 20 yrs......I worked 24 yrs (no dang wonder I feel old!) LOL! The whole point is, that it's NOT the amount of money one earns.....it's their attitude and goals. Those who think that doing only what's "mandatory" will end up with little in life.
 SavannahSaucy
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:25:42 AM
To me, money is merely a medium of exchange - a symbol, if you will, which may provide an indicator of how successful a person is; how driven; how hard he/she works; and how well he/she manages funds. So, money *is* a factor, but not the only consideration.

I provided the bulk of the financial support during my 16-year marriage. The lesson I learned is that I cannot be happy with a man who lacks ambition or a plan for the future. I'm not the classic Type-A personality, but I've worked hard all of my life to provide for my children and myself. If I can make it, as a single woman raising children, then a man with ambition and intelligence can be successful and financially secure, too.

Why does financial security matter to me? I've lived from paycheck to paycheck before, and I've no desire to ever do it again. I want to be able to go on a vacation once in awhile, and go out to nice dinners frequently. I don't want to pay a man's way, and I don't want to feel guilty if I suspect that he's overextending himself to keep pace with me.

I read an article once that explains that men are attracted to a woman who is beautiful, and who they presume will bear him beautiful offspring. Women, on the other hand, are attracted to men who provide security. By the way, the same preferences hold true even when a man is beyond the child-rearing age, and for women who can provide for themselves. Maybe it's so deeply ingrained that we cannot avoid searching for these inherent traits?
 J.R.0950
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:38:50 AM
dude ,they will say or post anything , but the bottom line is the majority are more interested in the contents of a mans wallet over the content of his character,all you have to do is read the profiles,read the ones on here and the ones on yahoo personals and youll see its true,its sad but true!
 SwampHunter
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/2/2008 7:08:37 AM
I've sort of seen this whole thing from two different perspectives. Before my first divorce I was a millionaire, on paper anyway. Most years I was earning between $250,000 and $350,000, and carried very little debt. I had the big house in the country club, a brand new Hummer in the driveway, my wife in a brand new Lexus I had given her as a gift, my kid in the best private school, and I day traded with almost six figures for fun. While I wasn't really RICH, I was definitely in Al Gore's "top 2%".

That was all several years and two ex's ago. Now I'm more an average Joe. I still earn decent money, but carry some debt - so, I'm no longer in the country club, I'm no longer vacationing overseas, and I'm no longer taking women out on ridiculously extravagant dates. In other words, I'm solidly middle class.

Yes - without a doubt, after my first divorce when I was still living in the country club and rolling in dough, it was MUCH easier to date the little hotties. But who wants them? Who wants to be with a golddigger, no matter HOW hot she is? Let's face it - a 23 year old model isn't usually going to date a 39 year old guy for the right reasons, and if it's not for the right reasons, why BOTHER? Those kinds of situations are NOT satisfying, and rarely turn out well. If you're a man, you get taken for your money, like I did. If you're a woman, you get traded in on a younger model as soon as your age starts to show.

These days, I am SO not a target for a golddigger, and believe it or not I'm actually kind of glad about that. The thing is, I may not date as many hot women as I used to, but you know what? Sometimes I STILL date some FINE women. I almost never date anyone under 30 anymore, and that's very deliberate, but the best thing about my experience is that now I know for the most part the women I see are mostly interested in me for the right reasons.

Now, I believe that for a GOOD woman, for an honest woman, for one with character and integrity - almost regardless of her looks - money may be a FACTOR, but it isn't the be all end all. Yes, a man should be able to pay his bills, and yes, it IS nice to be with a man she can feel proud of and who can afford a few of the finer things in life once in a while - but no, those kinds of women DON'T get with a man for ONLY that reason.

Those are the women I want to date.

Mark
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >