Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 133
view profile
History
for the ladies....can you TRULY say money ain't a factor?Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
It's not a factor to me. I have my own. I care about a man's character.
 lucilou
Msg: 134
view profile
History
for the ladies....can you TRULY say money ain't a factor?
Posted: 4/20/2008 9:41:50 AM
If you think its not a factor ? then whoever thinks that way is on denial, we all need money to survive, enough money to make meet the ends. Men?? unless you are rich, you don't have to worry about money then you can pick any lady that need your support, not a big deal, men suppose to be the head of the family, if you can make it with her with out any assitance financially from her then go for it. Same thing with rich women, if you can support a man then love him and take care of him. Its both ways, but in middle class people, money is a big factor to consider, I am not shallow but I do use my brain together with my heart. Most relationship don't survive because of financial reason, lets be practical here and be real. My 2 cents comments.
 Suzie1956
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:27:36 PM
I can tell you flat out and honest, money doesn't influence me. I dont give a damn what is in your wallet honey. What I care about is what is in your heart and how you will treat me and how we will get along. I cant believe I am still the only woman who feels this way. I am 52 and will always put love first. Now I will be honest with you in the fact that if a man doesnt work a 40 hour a week job, I am not going to be interested. Good grief, I work 40 hours a week, why shouldnt he? What he makes and other assets he has dont impress me.

And THAT is the truth!
 lucilou
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:40:55 PM
There you go, money influence you after all, a man who work 40 hours money is the answer to your interest, now how can you say money doesnt influence you in picking a man fo your life?
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/20/2008 1:15:18 PM
If he can work and can get a job then he needs to work ... He should be responsable with his money too ... I dont care if he is rich ... or middle or whatever ... has long has he makes me happy and lifts me up and not down and I can do the same for HIM ... Millioinares have lost everything they had on like a bad buisness joice ... but they are still the same person living in that lil apartment as they were in the million dollar home ... Money can come and go so easy and you should never look at person for their money but what they can do and what they will do ...
 lucilou
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 3:04:29 PM
We are not talking about looking for a rich man, we are talking about money factor, of course it does matter, if you have a job its a money factor, to have a job is one criteria in selecting a mate. You wouldnt pick a man who doesnt have a job who cant provide money for himself? Rich people money is not a factor because they already have plenty., but still we are talking about making money to survive in this world.
 happy dragon
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/28/2008 2:46:23 PM
Having created a certain quallity of lifesatyle for myself, the financial stabily of a future partner is important. I believe this applies to men as well. How many men or women out there these days are able or willing to cover the costs of a travel partner for example? As people get older and have paid for thier homes and such, they often are not willing to share what they have worked hard for with someone who has no financial stabilty. I have often heard male friends comment on how they would not partner with a women who is not financial stable and able to manage her finances. Well the same applies to stable women.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/13/2008 12:50:38 PM

What would you do if you were homeless and living on the street and had just enough money to keep from starving and you saw a guy that had the most perfect personality and heart and he also lived on the street.

Would you give him a chance even if he couldn't work???

Sure.

Would you dump him after you got a job that was bringing in enough money to survive a lot easier and better and he was SERIOUSLY NOT ABLE to work???

Nope, but I wouldn't move him in either, and anyone I dated would be hard pressed to do that - they'd be busy trying to take care of themselves (as I would) somehow. Define "not able to work".

This is my philosophy: We all prevent our selves from being happy 100% when we consider money in any relationship especially when you want the person to have just enough to pay his or her own bills or more.

If I am self sufficient, then I expect someone I date to be also (however legally he chooses to accomplish that). Circumstances happen, life happens - but it's not life, it's how we react to life. For me, that's the determining factor - and no, I wouldn't want to move in with someone else if I couldn't contribute either.

Money should have no bearing on dating someone unless that person is using you. if they aren't using you for money then who gives a **** about money??? certainly NOT me!!!!!! I WISH MONEY and the need for it DID NOT EXIST!!!

I agree with you that money shouldn't be a factor - however in my case it means it shouldn't be discussed, mixed, or expected. You take care of your stuff, I take care of mine - when we're together it's all us, not what we make or how we choose (individually) to live. Money and love/family/friends do not mix. End of story.

If a guy drives a new shiny Corvette, dresses nice, has a great job and personality vs...A guy that drives a Ford Pinto, works as a mechanic, dresses very casual and has a great personality ...Who are you going to choose?...Be honest..Cmon

Depends who's hotter and who I like more, to be honest. End of the day, he goes home to his own place, in his Pinto - so how he lives isn't a factor for me as long as HE'S happy with it.
 notadumblonde
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 12:53:53 PM
OK racer, I will come on.
The guy who drives the shiny Corvette could end up being a jerk......and the Pinto guy could be a real gem. I will choose the one I am attracted to, have chemistry with and have fun with.
I will never turn down a wonderful man who is poor. Of course, like alot of women on here have said; he has to have a job that pays his bills.
Money isn't everything. Yes it is the root of alot of issues in a relationship but the two people involved have to be on the same wave length as far as spending out of their means. I don't have to be showered with alot of things............I just want a man who loves me for me and that I honestly can get along with.
The whole idea of a relationship is the compatibility. If you are happy staying at home watching movies or just being together; who cares how much money they make. As long as the bills are paid, you can have a great life doing all the free things in life. Going for walks, picnics, watching TV, anything as long as you like being together.
I was brought up very poor and I continue to not need to be impressed with material things.
 ladyc4
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/13/2008 2:11:17 PM

If a guy drives a new shiny Corvette, dresses nice, has a great job and personality vs...A guy that drives a Ford Pinto, works as a mechanic, dresses very casual and has a great personality ...Who are you going to choose?...Be honest..Cmon

I'm sorry racer, gotta upset your applecart here...
Me? I'd take the dude with the Pinto and the mechanics job because he'd be FOR REAL. White collar dude with a 'Vette? I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to pull on his tie and I'd be scared of putting wrinkles in the "Vette's" upholstery. I'd never be able to relax and enjoy myself.
Cindy O
Posted: 5/13/2008 5:56:15 PM

I earn enough so I don't care if he's unemployed. If he has a Pinto, then I definitely will be more interested in him. A guy into classic cars is much more interesting to me than some guy who drops a lease on a shiny new car to impress the women. Shiny new Corvette does not mean they have money, you know, it means they know how to get credit.

I prefer casual guys over a fancy guy anyway.

But, all women are different -- please remember that.
 notadumblonde
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 6:39:38 PM
Thanks racer, I guess I should clarify when I say a poor guy,,,,,,I don't mean destitute.
Money to pay the bills and food but doesn't need to have tons left over.
There are times when I have heard that having alot of money creates problems. (Not that I would know personally, lol) So who knows but the everyday blue collar guys are much more real and down to earth so they will always get my attention first.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:09:12 AM
Money has to matter... not how much, but how responsible they are with it. A marriage, like it or not, is a merger.

If you're not planning to marry? Who cares.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:14:51 AM
Yes..money is a factor. If you don't make enough to support yourself, feed yourself, pay your own rent, car payment and have enough left over to fill your gas tank, then don't call me. If you can do that then please contact me. That's all I want. I'm not someone's meal ticket and I don't need someone else to be mine. Men want equality..well there ya go...
 LovesandLaughs
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:28:09 AM
Money TRULY is a factor.

For me, a man does not have to have an abundance of money or money to pay my way...but he must have money to pay his own way, both on dates and if it were to go further, in a life together. I have a great job, pay my bills and can afford a few extravagances...it would be nice to find someone who could do the same.
 Vannili
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 1:58:57 PM
My attraction to a man is his financial independent and personality. But if he lose his job while we are in our relationship,he have me to help him on his feet. For me money is a factor ,your survival is at stake if you're broke.... If you mean , I will be enterested to a guy making 9 bucks an hour ?yes. We can pool what he makes and what I make .
 LovingTheBeach
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:26:40 PM
Yup, money is a factor with me. You do not have to be rich, but you need good credit and must be able to support yourself and your obligations.
 LovingTheBeach
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:27:52 PM
If he is not able to work then he may not be able to do other things too.
 Amma63
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:06:42 AM
I married a man who didn't have a pot to 'you know what' in, little less the proverbial window to throw it out of........and he drove a lime green fiat.

You tell me - was I attracted to his financial security??

Yes - I can TRULY say money is NOT a factor
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/24/2008 8:03:31 AM
What kind of answers did OP expect? I think we as men tend to overemphasize the importance of money to women in their search for a mate. Women tend to down-play their interest in money, to finding a good provider.
 Amma63
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/24/2008 8:36:19 AM
"Some" men, and "some" women" may very well be as the above poster described.

However - and I repeat - I do NOT care about the size of a man's wallet (or the size of anything else for that matter)

I am , and will always remain - the type of person who will say it's what is on the INSIDE that counts the most.
 just me67
Msg: 179
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:06:36 AM
As long as he earns more than me!
 Vannili
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 12:35:55 PM
If I am compatible with the guy who only makes 30 grand and our togetherness is a bliss, I 'll stick to him. Vannili
 catkin2007
Msg: 186
Posted: 9/25/2008 8:13:39 AM
YES I CAN!

Was married to someone who could provide very well. What it didn't provide was a relationship on every level. So if I had choose again, I would definitely say money is not a factor for me. I want more than financial security. Money can make things easier, but it doesn't make the bed warmer at night.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >