Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Snelson_87
Msg: 49
Does plenytoffish work?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
haha yeah well...
 31Outdoorsman31
Msg: 50
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/6/2010 6:07:35 PM
I'll echo that!
 bodypro8
Msg: 51
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:16:44 AM
You know "pro8" the fact that you have to resort to mailing a guy and saying what you did only proves that you have lost all credibility with what you have posted. You claim to only be on this site for your writing. I say BS! There are many literary "club" like sites to express yourself on. Why hang out on a dating site? Seems shady to me.
^^^
It had nothing to do with credibility and everything to do with hitting my five post limit. As far as hanging out on this site being shady, well...I have a large following here and I may "hang out" here for a while yet, even after I set up my web site. You seem to resort to innuendo and insults when other posters claim success on this site. "Fat girlfriends...shady..."

So. Why are you still here? Kinda shady.

Edit: maybe the pic will help. Good luck bro. Everyone deserves love. Even you.
 logicalempire
Msg: 52
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:40:41 AM

It is difficult but what is the alternative? To live in isolation?

For some of us, that isn't an alternative. It's the route

It's funny how people say "I been on here 2 years" etc etc...Ive been here 7. And nothing.
 bodypro8
Msg: 53
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:05:09 AM
ya know if you sent one email then maybe your above statement would have some credability but you definatly loose it after two
^^^
The second one came shortly after the first one. I was still on my five post limit. Yeah, I emailed you directly out of the frustration of not being able to retort to your insults and innuendos directly onto the thread.

I don't suppose it is against the rules to email someone. It is easy to restrict. Or block unwanted emails. What I do, if I don't know them or want to hear from them, I delete unread.

As for the real subject: POF does not work for some and it may work for others. It worked for me.

PS: you spell like a third grader. And this is coming from a dyslexic. Loose is spelt correctly but it means something different than lose.
 PregnantLady
Msg: 54
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:55:43 AM
Okay so that person has bad spelling but I ran your posts through a grammar checker on my computer and it lit up red a few times.
 bodypro8
Msg: 55
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 12:19:21 PM
Okay so that person has bad spelling but I ran your posts through a grammar checker on my computer and it lit up red a few times.
^^^
Maybe we can all help each other! See? See how great POF works? Just people helping other people!
 PregnantLady
Msg: 56
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 1:22:51 PM
And don't flatter yourself I wasn't going to take time to reply to your message.
 bodypro8
Msg: 57
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 1:38:47 PM
And don't flatter yourself I wasn't going to take time to reply to your message.
^^^
You replied here. Some people turn the other cheek. I don't.
 logicalempire
Msg: 58
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:52:29 PM
God, someone hand me a noose...
 logicalempire
Msg: 59
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:03:35 AM
Oh, so the opposal to me then XD
 breear
Msg: 63
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:28:22 PM
OMG! This shit is sooooooooooooooo fake I'm ****ing outta here. Good Luck people. If ur smart ur'll figure out that this shit is a big game. Again good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 musicman212
Msg: 64
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/15/2010 11:04:24 PM
The anger is good,.....and that's all part of the online dating experience.

The key is in "accepting" that it's fake. LOL.

What makes the Forums fun is the participation of everybody,....so don't delete just yet,....you may have something funny to add later on.
 FatGirlFriend
Msg: 65
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:18:44 PM
This is regarding the comments on page 3.

I read through this thread and wondered, "should I even justify all of this with a comment?".
I decided "yes", because children really do run amuck if left undisciplined.
Remember The Lord of the Flies?

Boys, boys, boys. Stop all this bickering. It's a beautiful day outside, run along. The tether-ball is waiting.
Oh, and for heaven's sake, grow up and stop calling me fat.

Yes, Plenty Of Fish can and does work.
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 66
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/17/2010 7:13:23 PM
Just before I commence rondo, I shall retrieve one of my favourite quotes:

arguing over the internet. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

Obviously, the people it has worked for are going to say that it works.
It may have for you and I am happy for you. But that does not instantly assume that it wil work for everyone, despite their attitude, behaviour etc.

Let us assume that there really are 18 million dates made this year (as the introduction page informed me). So given this rough estimate, we'll assume that there are 30 million members.

Do you think that this site will work for thirty million people? hardly. 20 Mill? five mill? even 1 million per year?

No.
 bodypro8
Msg: 67
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/18/2010 12:27:47 PM
Do you think that this site will work for thirty million people? hardly. 20 Mill? five mill? even 1 million per year?
^^^
You forgot to ask me if I care.
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 68
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/18/2010 6:10:58 PM
And I wasn't asking pyou period. I couldn't care less about you or whether your
girlfriend is fat or not.

Anyways, on to more important things like ants...haha, no seriously. To the former posters (before bodywhatshisname posted), it's common sense that the site is not going to work for everyone. But it is also common sense for it to work for some.

Almost in any large mass of people, there are bound to be some meetings. If this
was not a dating site, but still consisted of the same amount and style of members., people would be bound to meet at some point.

Now, I could remain posting on an online forum attempting a smartass to random posts, but that job has been fulfilled I see. I might do something more worthwhile.
Then agaion, that is almost anything.
 bodypro8
Msg: 69
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/18/2010 6:52:29 PM
Is it worthwhile to point out that the site will work for some and not for others? That should be self evident. Your point deserves a less than serious reply, because you are saying absolutely nothing of any insight or value.

Conversely I don't care if you can't get yourself a girlfriend. Thin, fat, ugly, pretty, or otherwise.
Edit: Oh, sorry! You're not looking for a girlfriend, you're just auditing the site.
bodypro8
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 70
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/18/2010 7:29:58 PM

Edit: Oh, sorry! You're not looking for a girlfriend, you're just auditing the site.

Only doing my job.
 LeadersandFollowers
Msg: 71
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/22/2010 3:03:25 PM
Does POF work ? . For about 1% of the people on here yes the other 99% are ***holes who use this site for an ego boost .
 PregnantLady
Msg: 72
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/22/2010 3:12:36 PM
My husband and I are in that 1%...
 interplay
Msg: 74
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 3/23/2010 9:11:47 PM
A few people have posted that women aren't serious because this site is free and so other sites should be better... actually all computer dating sites are basically free for women, Yes, on other sites the first message is paid and it is free to respond after, but how many women send the first message? If they do make first contact, it is with a free smile or something similar. Dating sites make their money off the men. I have heard that some sites even go as far as sending men messages from women that don't exist.

That being said, I believe that women are serious about dating and meeting.. some women are overwhelmed. On a site like this, even undesireable ones get messages and dates. Generally not so much for men tho.

In reallity, a few men date many women and others date none. POF is no different in that respect.

I think allot of women are just waiting for someone to send the right messages and don't reply to many men... it is a way to save time.

Your chances are as good as being the best one to contact her that day or week. Same as if you had a date with 2 women on the same night, you would choose the better one

Women are weiging their options. In reallity, it is a little like the online version of the bar.

People meet there too.

It is the same with all dating sites no matter what they say.

Of course time runs out for women who wait too long as the clock is always ticking and they know it.
 Devlin38
Msg: 75
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 10/23/2010 8:21:54 AM
The vast majority of men, and I mean majority are in a relationship of some kind on this site. My ex-husband, who is now my friend, has even used this site and has told me that every woman that he has met, has either been married, going through divorce or contemplating about going back to their ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands. I am on here to educate those who are really wanting to find healthy relationships with the promise of love and happiness, You won't find it here. From my perspective, most people on this site are desperate. If you ever read anything on most profiles that say coming here rather than going to a bar is much easier, we all know that going to a bar isn't about meeting women, its about meeting them and with luck get to have sex with them. Men on this site, from my experience, they decieve you into thinking they want a relationship, but they really don't.
 Ron429
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 11/10/2010 9:14:59 AM
You've never discussed anything with me and you're probably projecting about the age issue. If you're thinking I'm suggesting you're nonsensical, lying, and stupid to boot, well, for once you're correct.
 CynthiaSMW
Msg: 78
Does plenytoffish work?
Posted: 11/25/2010 4:50:58 AM
^^ congratulations! Motherhood will be the scariest thing you'll ever experience.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >