Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShawnSharpe
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Women: Would you date a guy that is shorter than you are,,,, Why/Why Not?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
hmmm kind of sucks being about 5'4 I have thought about my height and to have what I was thinking confirmed by a lot of people kind sucks... I have dated 2 girls that were 5'7 and one 5'8 but I know a lot wouldn't be ok with it.
 SandyB1957
Msg: 111
Women: Would you date a guy that is shorter than you are,,,, Why/Why Not?
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:35:10 AM
I have np problems with dating a short guy. For I am short myself. But I did meet a man on here that said he was 5' 5" But when I met him he was only 5' 3' Does that 2 inches really make a differance to men. Thats not a good way to start things out with being dishonest. If they are going to like you it should not matter about the 2 inch differance in there height.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 7:12:51 PM

Yes, some people are shallow and superficial. Some men have a preference/requirement for big boobs, some women have a height preference/requirement. It's useless to point it out or argue about it, these people won't change. Just be happy that you don't suit the shallow people's requirement, they're doing you a favor by rejecting you. Who the heck wants to be with people like that anyway?

First, the vast majority of men do not care about breast size. A man may look at a pretty girl with nice breasts, but he could really care less about breast size. There are even surveys out there that prove this.

Second, this is not a fair comparision since breast size is something that is easily changable these days. Height is not. I don't think any woman should go out and get larger breasts since most men prefer natural no matter what size is out there, but the availability to change this is out there. If a man wants 2-4 inches of extra height he must go through a very painful surgery that takes almost a year from beginning to end.

Third, most women have a height requirement and wont even take a look at a man under it. Take a look at the research at www.shortsupport.org
 Snuggle_Buddy
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/3/2008 1:51:17 AM
If a woman has a height requirement,that tells me enough about her personality and i move on to the "REAL WOMEN" who want a "MAN", reguardless of height. I can understand wanting someone an inch or two taller then you, but when your 5'0-5'2 and insist on meeting someone 6' or taller....thats like me holding out for a blue eyed blonde who is slim, hard body, perfect teeth, ....please, i outgrew that juvinile stage 25 years ago. People (men and women) on this site can't meet there perfect match because most are looking for someone better then they have ever had.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 10:34:42 AM
Vibe: good Leafs reference Yeah Im a Darcy Tucker kind of guy! fighter but not with my fists on the ice

I can defintely understand a womens preference to date a taller guy or someone closer to your height. its a personal prefernce so nothing wrong with that.

As an advocate for the short guys I just wanna say I hope you have given us a shot before deciding that you really want a tall guy.

We are short but we got a HUGE....heart lol

The ideal lady for me is tall enough so that Im eye level with her ta tas
 chuckyB51
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:01:19 PM
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average height for an adult male in the United States is:

69.2 inches, or
5 feet 9.2 inches

Not sure about Canada, but it is probably close.

I myself wear height increasing shoes and lie about my height. I figure I'm not really lying since with the shoes on I am really that height. It's the same as women lying about their weight or breast size. All is fair in the superficial and shallow world that we live in.
 Vintage Princess
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:05:09 AM
I went on a date with a short guy once and he said my shoes were too tall. He made me go home and change to flats.
short guys=flat shoes.
:-(
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:56:27 PM
Well My I I guess i better be careful with the taller ladies as they can kick my ass if I get too naughty with them..I might like that

I think the ladies like me in blue but if they think red is what will get me a date with them I may consider this sacrifice

Ladies you will be happy to know Im training to become a midget wrestler! I'm a tough little dude so come and watch me use my muscles and win the big fight! Ohh yeah! *flexes muscles*

chuckyB51
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2008 8:28:50 PM

Actually, I doubt that two inches in additional height means very much to men. But it means a LOT to women. Especially if the guy is already short. The difference between a man who is 5'5" and 5'2" may be a few dates and no dates. Likewise, the difference between a man who is 5'8" and 5'6" may be a factor of 10. I'd even go so far as to say that there would be a substantial difference between the romantic opportunities between a 6'0" man and a 5'10" man.

But the shorter the guy is, the more those "2 inches" really matter to women.

By your logic, he could just as easily have turned to you and said "wow, so I lied about my height by two inches...do those two little inches mean that much!?!?" If they were not important, you wouldn't have even noticed that they were "missing".

A few inches can make a huge difference with women. I started wearing shoes that have a heal on the inside that gives me an extra four inches over my bare foot height. This four inches made a huge difference when going out and meeting women. But on the other hand it was a little sad to see how superficial women are.
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2008 6:54:10 AM
i'm 5 ft nothing and i doubt there are too many men shorter than i am.....unless he was a little person

as far as the height difference goes i think if the chemistry is there you should check it out anyways.....you just never know
 chuckyB51
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2008 12:02:18 PM
Most women will not date a man who is shorter because it is an attack on their femininity and they are more concerned about what others may think about them.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2008 11:29:10 AM
Last Saturday at 7 on CTV they had a show called "Short and Male" which was very well done! They looked at different comparisons between short and tall men and for the most part I believe in what they had to say. One of the things they looked at was how "most" women seem to have a preference for taller men.

They did a segment where it looked like a police line up lol of different types of guys one of which was tall and another one was short. The women for the most part picked the taller guy even though they were told the shorter guy had an interesting job.

I guess if the shorter guy was more attractive then women would choose him. Is that true ladies? lol

According to the statistics the average height of a fortune 500 company president is at least 6 feet!

Shorter men get bumped around more in a crowd than taller men.

It was a pretty funny show and made me feel better about being short lol and gave me hope!

Now I gotta go get some elevator shoes and more shirts with vertical stripes lol.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2008 2:17:49 PM
Summer Dream: glad to hear you saw that show also and for the most part I found it funny lol. I think they could of investigated it more but some of what they were talking about is true in todays society. If I was 6'3 rather than 5'3 I most likely would get the ladies that like tall men to e-mail me here lol.

But yeah what is short? Im short obviously but what is the minimum requirements to be considered tall? lol

They say confidence is sexy and if you stand tall (or as tall as you can lol) with your head held high and wear suitable clothing you will get noticed. I believe that!

Short dude...but with a big heart! Now doesn't that sound good? lol
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:24:58 AM
To be honest, I don't think I could. I'm 5'5 and 90% of the time I wear heals. I've always been attracted to men that were 5'10 or taller. I think it stems from the fact my dad was short and subconsciously I think years ago I was looking for a partner to make taller babies (joking!). Over the years, I have dated shorter men and I'm fine with that, just not shorter than myself. 5'7 and up is good for me!
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:06 PM
^^^^^^^ too funny free fallin! Yeah Webster is short alright lol

Women my height or a bit shorter make great slow dance partners as for women taller than me I look up to you lol and when we slow dance I have the perfect spot to place my head....*she knees me in the groin*....ok thanks for the dance anyways

Although one time she liked it when I did that lol
 chuckyB51
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:43:07 PM
First...I wear lifts. I figure she wont know until morning.

Second...I do not wear them because I am insecure. I wear them because of superficial women. They help to level the playing field a little.
 mitchchan
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:04:05 AM
I'm not a superficial person and don't go for the old cliche - tall, dark and handsome... I couldn't care less for the height either - all I want is for my guy to treat me with respect and a decent personality.
 sassysinger
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:57:57 PM
I try to not care about the outside, especially since my outside is not so hot at the moment lol But height has always been something that matters for some reason. I don't need tall, dark and handsome, but when slow dancing I like to rest my head on the guy's shoulder. Plus the old cliche of asking a guy to reach somehting up high that you can't. It just seems natural, so if a guy is shorter than you or even as tall as you it doesn't really work.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 8:29:46 PM
At 5'5" tall I have faced the issue of short men dating taller women my whole dating life. The last relationship I was in for 1.5 years was with a woman who is 5'9" and one of the biggest reasons why the relationship failed was because she never felt comfortable with my height. I was too short for her. That wasn't the lone reason why things ended but it was a big one. I have a tough time dealing with this topic because of my recent experience but it's not because I don't think its fair to be rejected for my height. The reality is that many women, not all but many, prefer to date taller men. Nothing wrong with that. I've accepted this fact as well. I don't have to like it but I accept it.

It's a matter of preference. I choose not to date women who are heavy. Not my preference. Call me shallow but I am not attracted. So does that make me bad? No, just means I have a preference. Height doesn't matter to me at all. At my height I can't afford to be picky about that lol. Basically I am resigned to the fact that because of my height and because I am a picky b&$tard as to who I date it will be difficult for me to meet someone.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:28:24 PM
You must be talking about the documentary film "S&M: Short and Male the Movie" It is a great documentary on what shorter males go through on a daily basis in the working world and dating world.
 Colleen1980
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/6/2009 1:54:55 PM
I'm short already so if he's under 5 feet I'd say no. I'd look past that if we had a real connection.
 petitefemale4u42
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/7/2009 5:17:55 PM
Well, I can honestly say I have never run into that situation. I'm 5'0! lol Everyone is taller than myself!
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 12:29:12 PM
Hey did you hear about the midget who went up to the lady and said "hey your hair smells nice!"

Just thought I'd throw a little humor into this thread here!

I think us short dudes should be comfortable enough so that we can laugh about our vertical challenge lol.

I totally understand if you ladies want a taler guy! We all have our preferences on what is attractive to us!

This year I am broadening my options and giving women with smaller boobs a chance to impress me
 chuckyB51
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 7:43:14 PM
Finally a non-superficial women that understands that there is more to attraction than outward appearance.
 lizziechan
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/10/2009 7:11:29 PM
I personally don't care the height issue... What I'm after is the personality and how well he would respect me is all that matter. You're likely to miss out a great person just because they don't meet up to your standard.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >