Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phoenix.rising
Msg: 29
submissive womenPage 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

In my experience, a submissive woman needs much more attention than your average gal

I disagree - I dont need extra attention. I just like someone that is a little more take charge in the bedroom. I am fully capable of taking control once I know where the boundries are I am just shy about expressing what I want in the heat of the moment. Perhaps its fear of my partner being turned off by my likes and dislikes I dont know. Once i have been with someone for a while, I can switch roles and be more dominant. In addition, I am totally NOT submissive outside of the bedroom. I am more of a "reach a happy medium" lady but please, do not think that you can boss me around or tell me what to do! LOL

Besides that, there is something hot about a man who is confident in the bedroom... liking someone dominant doesnt always mean humiliation or control. Sometimes it just means a confidence in what you like and not being afraid to show/tell someone what you want.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 30
submissive women
Posted: 3/5/2008 7:51:21 AM
I think one of the traps in love is that we're attracted very much to people we want to be like...
People who are timid are attracted to mates who will "complete" them and make them feel less threatened. Mates are "Great Equalizers" like Phil Spector and his guns or learning karate or something... and of course the "dom" has to look a long time or continually for people who'll put up with their crap *LOL* so.... but eventually, they find each other... and it's a marriage made in heaven, until the dom kills the timid one or beats her within an inch of her life or whatever... but the payoff is that all the time they're together, the timid one can sic their mate on people who make them feel threatened...

I don't know how many times I've seen people go through this.

Good luck...
 fit_man4U
Msg: 31
submissive women
Posted: 3/5/2008 10:25:37 AM
i don't know about other men but i love submissive women...its something primal and animalistic...and i think all women when having sex like to be submissive and taken by the man.
 theinnerdark
Msg: 32
submissive women
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:33:04 PM
Is it possible that I've done so much that I can no longer fit into one simple role? Perchance I am just far too depraved to be pleased by a woman who can't switch?

At the end of the day, I just don't see how staying in one role can be healthy for a long term relationship. There are those days I come home, and I'm tired and frustrated from work and I just want someone to take it from me.

There are days when I don't want to care what she wants, when I just want to make use of her until I just can't anymore.

And then there are days where I just want to make love and enjoy the connection with my partner.
 AtypicalOrgin
Msg: 33
submissive women
Posted: 3/5/2008 6:07:11 PM
I prefer aggressive women with submissive tendencies. I find women that have sexual aggressiveness much more appealing but also like it when they have playful submissive tendencies. You never know what you are going to get, the psychotic close ripper or the playful ear nibbler…..lol

Either way is fine with me!!
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 36
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 5:17:07 PM
sweetie dom males are everywhere!
just look on the sex sites!
 sherilyn70
Msg: 37
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 5:47:29 PM
If he acts tough, insists on having his way most of the time, and irritates the hell out of your friends with his attitude, then he probably is a dominant.

No, he probably is not dominant. He is what we refer to as a wannabe power tripper that is in it for all the wrong reasons.

In my experience, a submissive woman needs much more attention than your average gal.

Then you probably weren't with submissive women but needy ones. Submissive women are typically strong willed and independent. Hang around enough in a D/s community and you'll quickly learn that.

Personally, I don't think men prefer submissive woman at all, there a little boring if truth be said when they just leave it all up to the man. I much prefer a woman who wants to be just as involved and forthcoming as the man, who tells you wants she wants. Makes for much better and raunchy sex.

LOL, that's because you have obviously never been with a true submissive woman. :) A sub is just as involved in the end result as the dominant. She should absolutely be telling you what she wants, it just may not be in the middle of your hot and wild sex. If you are actually doing your job right you'll know what she wants, needs and desires before you ever begin the act. If you're not sure then you ask her and she should be more than happy to tell you.

how can u tell if a man is dom without askin him from jump?

As for how to find out if a man is dominant, that is a tricky one to do without completely giving anything away. I've learned quickly that announcing that you're submissive outright brings out the wannabes and the power trippers. You just have to learn to look for traits of natural dominance, such as they are not afraid to take control of a situation. I also look for good communications skills since most Dom's understand the importance of talking and understanding what each other wants and needs. If you're out with them in person you can test the waters by using submissive postures around them and seeing how they react to them. I've found that even a man that hasn't done it before will respond if he just naturally is dominant. :) I am not looking for D/s relationship myself but I am looking for a man that is naturally dominant and not afraid to go for what he wants and is never going to be afraid to touch me. Tough and macho have absolutely nothing at all to do with that.
 4realgurl
Msg: 38
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 8:16:36 PM
i personaly dont think i cant take on a dom role ever, but i jus wish i could find a guy who would consider being the dom in the bedroom, him being dom he could tell me to overpower him, its give give u know, im in no way plain boring or vanilla

thanks for the posts

carly
 wjh55
Msg: 39
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 8:53:57 PM
Carly, if he was a Dom, he wouldn't want you to overpower him. That's not in a Dom's mentality.And definitely not the way it works. You might be looking for a switch. It sounds like you're taking on a Dommes role in your post.You're telling him to tell you to overpower him. Sounds pretty Dom to me.
 wjh55
Msg: 40
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 8:57:11 PM

sweetie dom males are everywhere!

Regardless of what you might think, there are a LOT more sub males than there are Dom males.If you find someone in that lifestyle, ask them and they will concur.
 dragonshungry
Msg: 41
submissive women
Posted: 3/6/2008 9:44:20 PM
what kind of submissive are you speaking of BDSM play or just an assertive man?
 sherilyn70
Msg: 42
submissive women
Posted: 3/7/2008 3:21:12 AM
Regardless of what you might think, there are a LOT more sub males than there are Dom males.If you find someone in that lifestyle, ask them and they will concur.

I believe that holds true for both sexes. Being dominant is very demanding role and comes with a lot of responsability. If I had to guess, about 1 in every 10 people is probably dominant. A good dom has their pick of who they can date, a submissive often does not.

But thats the way it works sometimes ... its called topping from the bottom ...

I just tried to explain that to someone the other day. They told me a they dated a "sub" who had tried to control absolutely every aspect of his life (how they dressed, what they did for a living, etc) except for sex. She demanded that he take control and be dominant (which means she was actually still doming because she insisted on it).

what kind of submissive are you speaking of BDSM play or just an assertive man?

I would just like to clarify that BDSM and D/s are two completely seperate things. Just because a couple practices D/s does not mean they practice BDSM. Yes, they often times can go hand in hand... but so does smokeing while you drinking. That doesn't mean that every drinker smokes. :)
 4realgurl
Msg: 43
submissive women
Posted: 3/7/2008 9:01:22 AM
i dont know wut u guys mean, im seeking a guy who can rough me up in bed, i also have a rape fantasy i wanna b taken, u know, i dont know how to explain it LOL i jus want meet sum1 who i can b comfortable enough to do these things with

carly
 jtwaters
Msg: 44
submissive women
Posted: 3/7/2008 2:35:36 PM
I'm drawn to assertive men that have a strong hold on life and know what they want. I can usually tell what type of character a man owns within the first few dates. Regardless of how handsome he may be, if he's weak minded, lazy or unsure of himself... I won't continue dating him.

I desire a real man that's mentally and physically healthy, goal oriented and works diligently at obtaining his dreams. Usually these type of men are dominate and I like this. What I don't like is a man that is egotistical and arrogant; these bullish personalities cross the line from intelligence and assertion.

When it comes to sex, it should always be give and take. I can be both submissive and dominate because I know what makes for great pleasure. There is nothing wrong with a woman taking control and pleasing her mate with dominate sex. A majority of men usually like this type of sexual appetite from women.

I love it when a man gives me complete control during sex and I do with him as I please to stimulate him and get him off. On the flip side, I love it when a man is not affraid to get rough with me at times. When I'm having hard core naughty sex, my body becomes submissive to him. There is that utopic state of mind where he can't fukc hard enough or fast enough. I allow him to use my body for him to discover his ultimate sexual pleasures. However, I have only found this with the few men that have shared a love and trust with me.

OP, I've never had problems finding dominate men. They're out there. If you're having problems, then you might need to search for these men in other places. Take into consideration a man in uniform. These professions usually call for strong willed men that are protectors and defenders. Some of the best sex that I've experienced was from a Navy 'diver' and damn if he didn't. Those Firemen have it going on too!!!

I'm not saying that all men that wear uniforms are the best lovers, but just pay attention to what your date does for a living, how hard he works and his passion for life. Most importantly...as long as he treats you with love and respect.
 seriouslyhorney
Msg: 45
submissive women
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:51:49 AM
love submissive women,i want to find one,
 4realgurl
Msg: 46
submissive women
Posted: 3/10/2008 11:19:02 AM
seriouslyhorney, i read ur profile, wut are ur preferences, i know u said this isnt important that isnt important, but if you could choose this partner what would she look like? just curious

carly
 4realgurl
Msg: 49
submissive women
Posted: 3/11/2008 12:26:05 AM
custis, i have no daddy fetish, nor do i wanna walk behind a man in public, wtf are u talkin bout, maybe u should read all of my posts to understand me before u judge me... i am sayin that i am very submissive and just beacause u dont understand what i meant by submissive, CUZ I HAVE EXPLAINED IT THOROUGHLY, doesnt mean u have to judge me....

also ty, i am very secure in my sexuality and i agree with u, u have to b very secure to submit to anyman, and u must trust this man, ps ur hot can i have ur number, maybe u can pull my hair and spank me LOL
kisses

carly
 4realgurl
Msg: 50
submissive women
Posted: 3/11/2008 6:09:30 PM
stephanie i agree with u T O T A L Y lol
 MrSmileyHimself
Msg: 51
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:04:54 PM
No. Push me down and have your way with me from time to time. Prove to me you have a sex drive too or I'm gonna get bored and assume your not into it.
 runway38
Msg: 52
submissive women
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:13:37 AM
think your every navy guys dream and agree with you hundred and fifty
 Dirk_Pitt
Msg: 54
Do men really like submissive women?
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:27:30 PM
While I am sure some men do like submissive women. I'll take a confidant woman who knows what she wants and is prepared to ask for it anyday.

Mind you I would want a dominant woman ether.

Dirk
 sherilyn70
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/15/2008 5:11:36 AM

While I am sure some men do like submissive women. I'll take a confidant woman who knows what she wants and is prepared to ask for it anyday.

I hate to tell you this... but that is the definition of what a true submissive is. :) You have to be confident and know what you want and how to ask for it for any relationship, especially a D/s one, to work. Being passive and unsure is not being submissive.
 honeyfondue
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:08:37 AM
Well..well…Interesting question. I think the more important question to you is what type of man do you want? Rather than trying to fit the man. And you answered your on question by stating what you like, didn’t you?

That said, I guess I sound like a dom and I am when I’m in that mood or mode at that time, other times I’m sub. My preference is for varied, keep me guessing on who’s going to jump who… Keeps things interesting, same way I don’t want to eat the something everyday, do you?

A.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 59
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:58:25 AM
I have an unusual problem, in day to day life, I am the boss. Really, I am gen the "shift boss". However, that being said,,, I daydream of a lover that can take me romantically speaking, and make me his " submissive ".

There is nothing unusual about that. You just described a large majority of the true submissive women out there.

Personally. I prefer confident women.

So you're saying you like submissive women?
 TopChuck
Msg: 60
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:28:13 PM
Here's the situation, perki.

As a Dom, who believes he understands relationships, the women in the "vanilla" world are probably more submissive than they realize.

The women in the D/s world are much less submissive than they realize.

The dark little secret is that men and women loving each other successfully are usually in a D/s relationship to some extent. Successful relationships depend on establishing a system that deals with power struggles before they occur. Most problems in relationships relate to power. Hence, this discussion, if you think about it.

The only difference between a successful D/s relationship and a successful "vanilla" relationship is that in the D/s relationship there is an agreement that the Dom will be allowed to enforce the relationship.

The elements of loving are the same in both relationships, although not the same for men and women. By elements I mean the criteria by which men and women decide that they are being loved.

Chuck
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?