Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrSmileyHimself
Msg: 51
view profile
History
submissive womenPage 3 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
No. Push me down and have your way with me from time to time. Prove to me you have a sex drive too or I'm gonna get bored and assume your not into it.
 runway38
Msg: 52
submissive women
Posted: 3/14/2008 4:13:37 AM
think your every navy guys dream and agree with you hundred and fifty
 plumpassion
Msg: 53
submissive women
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:24:47 PM
Personally I prefer dominant men. Men who are sumissive and meek in the sack make me nauseous. And I agree that its something primal. Its that excitement that he has the control and power. Just my personal preference.
 Dirk_Pitt
Msg: 54
Do men really like submissive women?
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:27:30 PM
While I am sure some men do like submissive women. I'll take a confidant woman who knows what she wants and is prepared to ask for it anyday.

Mind you I would want a dominant woman ether.

Dirk
 srvblues
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:34:07 PM
Depends on what your definition of dominant is. I'm not into S&M or anything of that sort. But I've found girls that I've dated tend to let me be in control when it comes to kissing and whatnot.

Not in any out of the ordinary way, just they let me do my thing and seem to like knowing I have a plan in my head on how the next 20 minutes or so are going to play out. In the end, everyone ends up happy.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/15/2008 5:11:36 AM

While I am sure some men do like submissive women. I'll take a confidant woman who knows what she wants and is prepared to ask for it anyday.

I hate to tell you this... but that is the definition of what a true submissive is. :) You have to be confident and know what you want and how to ask for it for any relationship, especially a D/s one, to work. Being passive and unsure is not being submissive.
 honeyfondue
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:08:37 AM
Well..well…Interesting question. I think the more important question to you is what type of man do you want? Rather than trying to fit the man. And you answered your on question by stating what you like, didn’t you?

That said, I guess I sound like a dom and I am when I’m in that mood or mode at that time, other times I’m sub. My preference is for varied, keep me guessing on who’s going to jump who… Keeps things interesting, same way I don’t want to eat the something everyday, do you?

A.
 phelen
Msg: 58
submissive women
Posted: 3/18/2008 10:48:25 PM
I have an unusual problem, in day to day life, I am the boss. Really, I am gen the "shift boss". However, that being said,,, I daydream of a lover that can take me romantically speaking, and make me his " submissive ". I've only experienced sexuality where I am either the one taking the lead or where every move is mutual. I think that dom/sub play could be very healthy and fun!
 sherilyn70
Msg: 59
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:58:25 AM
I have an unusual problem, in day to day life, I am the boss. Really, I am gen the "shift boss". However, that being said,,, I daydream of a lover that can take me romantically speaking, and make me his " submissive ".

There is nothing unusual about that. You just described a large majority of the true submissive women out there.

Personally. I prefer confident women.

So you're saying you like submissive women?
 TopChuck
Msg: 60
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:28:13 PM
Here's the situation, perki.

As a Dom, who believes he understands relationships, the women in the "vanilla" world are probably more submissive than they realize.

The women in the D/s world are much less submissive than they realize.

The dark little secret is that men and women loving each other successfully are usually in a D/s relationship to some extent. Successful relationships depend on establishing a system that deals with power struggles before they occur. Most problems in relationships relate to power. Hence, this discussion, if you think about it.

The only difference between a successful D/s relationship and a successful "vanilla" relationship is that in the D/s relationship there is an agreement that the Dom will be allowed to enforce the relationship.

The elements of loving are the same in both relationships, although not the same for men and women. By elements I mean the criteria by which men and women decide that they are being loved.

Chuck
 seriouslyhorney
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/19/2008 4:08:29 PM
i really love women that can act submissive, they do not have to be, but it shure makes for a good time
 TopChuck
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:32:00 PM
To find out, ask this question, 4realgurl: "Do you think a woman should submit in a relationship?"

Now, you could ask the question about whether a man should be dominant in a relationship, but the question is about submission, because the degree of submission is controlled by the woman. Women have the ultimate power to withhold consent, withhold trust, so the power always resides with her. She extends control based on her level of trust.

No man can ever truly dominate a woman unless she relinquishes control, because submission comes from the woman's mind.

Because men strive to be trusted, they work to gain as much of her submission as she will grant them.
 TopChuck
Msg: 63
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:40:29 PM
kinkdude wrote:

If he acts tough, insists on having his way most of the time, and irritates the hell out of your friends with his attitude, then he probably is a dominant.
**********************************************************************************

Let's not confuse macho with dominant. Dominance is best accomplished without the bravado of wearing it on one's sleeve.

Gentle dominance, gentle strength is often more appealing to a submissive than braggadocio.
 TopChuck
Msg: 64
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:50:16 PM
[Of all places, this IS the place to discuss your sexual/lifestyle preferrences.... many of us on here are here because we didn't do that to begin with OR things changed as our minds opened up. I think this is the best place to talk about preferrences.]

Bravo, Ikiera!!
 TopChuck
Msg: 65
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 3/19/2008 5:56:23 PM
to a second life

[I personally have a suspicion that POF doesnt' want such sexual preferences as part of its selection or search criteria.]

The advertisement that got me to POF indicated that alternate life-stylers were welcome, even though it didn't cater to them. If you list kinks in the interests area of your profile and then click on them, you'll find people discussing or searching for partners interested in the same things they are. If you check other's listed interests, you may see their kinks there.
 Photoguy777
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:44:10 PM
Yes, some of us love submissive women. For me it is a sexual thing. Outside of sexual things I believe in and want equality. When it comes to sexual however, I prefer to be in charge. There is something very sexy about a woman that will not say no. ;)

Most sexually sub women are far from being limp fish, they are very active and love to please their man. A true sub derives pleasure from giving of herself.

Please note as I said to begin with, for me it is a sexual thing only, I do not want to micromanage anyone's life.
 lonestardaddy
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/21/2008 2:19:08 AM
4real, At 50-some, I am still trying to discern what others mean by "submissive" for their sexual MO, but I don't really care as I seem to be engaged to a woman whose profile once stated that she wasn't interested in another marriage. We both seem to be stretching each other's willingness in ways neither once imagined.

I've always fancied assertive women, and especially those who considered themselves submissive for the taking, but I learned the hard way that their agenda was not mine, and their submission was merely a ruse to lead us into what I'm neither designed nor inclined to become for my idea of a successful relationship.

I value a woman who can clearly communicate for her feelings, and not become too insulted that I don't quite get these at first ...or that I might have something to add and expand on these for us. Assertive for self, but able and willing to let my vote count? Priceless. I never considered myself as desiring to be the dominant one in the bedroom, but the right partner for other matters might just bring this out in me, and especially if I know that it's what she desires. I've hopefully learned to discern "submissive" from a lack of self-respect ...and we can all do better than a partner only willing to go w/ the flow and who treats sex like a means to an end. It's one more way to make love, and I'm one who likes to take turns to keep us going.
 pipeman110
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:14:07 AM
hell ya ......................................................................................................
 hoppinonU
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/21/2008 6:40:12 AM
Absolutely! But I like a submissive woman who's a tad shy and then gives in.........it's suits a very erotic fantasy that many men have of seducing a shy woman and bringing out her wild side.............gets me hard just thinking about it
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:01:53 AM
If given the choice between a self-defined "submissive" or "strong" woman, give me the submissive woman any day! I want a partner, not a competitor. I want to be the one making most of the important decisions, not her. Maybe that's why I'm still single, haha!
 girlcantalktoo
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:13:11 AM
Being both is really great but depends on my mood.....There are times I want to just "rip it up " and others I want it slow and to last throughout the night and I think guys like the not knowing what u are going to get into......
 simpleman20188
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:57:54 AM
Some men are attracted to a Subie like iron to a magnet others not so.

Finding someone that compliments your personality in a Dom/Sub relationship is incredable and very fufilling.

Mind you a powerful Subie is like a force of nature, it makes the Dom more aware of thier own nature and gives a lot of motivation to invest in thier part of the relationship.
 dantares
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:16:48 PM
Goodness, that is a tough one, because the question is not specific, so let me define.
Okay, I think men like submissive women for just sex, because they are easy.
Personally, I like a woman who is not submissive, and not dominant either.
I like an equal, and for a life long mate, or wife, spouse, whatever you call your love,
I prefer a woman who is not bossy, who knows my weaknesses and expounds upon them...
After all, a woman who can say No to me initially, can say NO to any man who hits on her while she is in a relationship with me, a trait I very much admire...
Submissive women seem to forget they are in a relationship if their man is not standing there with his arm around her waist... just speaking from experience...

For example, when a woman wants to initiate lovemaking, the truly dominant female will use sly cunning tactics, such as sexy poses, glances or touches... She will not verbally demand sex like a leather clad, whip in hand dominatrix...
I dont think many men can be forced to get hard, it is like orgasm, from within your own mind... Just like the difference between rough sex and rape is a mental consent thing, it is not of the flesh...

I love a woman who seduces me, not demands or bosses me...
I have dated doctors and lawyers, but prefers nurses and secretaries. The serving
versus the bossy type wins my admiration and attractiveness towards sexiness...
I am no submissive man, I am quite independent and a leader type.
So I hope that defines between wanting a woman for sex, or for a life long partner...

How to know if he is a dom or sub, I think that if a man respects you he will not be grabbing on you or making any physical contact initially except a handshake...
A domineering man will size up his potential lover as to the amount of work it will take to get her into bed. And he will take as many shortcuts as possible.
A submissive man will allow the woman to initiate contact, or order the food, and will keep his hands and sexual inuendo and urges to himself...
Maybe that will help you, maybe not, but those are my thoughts OP...
 NERO1
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:20:32 PM
I prefer them submissive , so to speak, yes. Not necessarily timid in day to day life, as that can be a bit irritating too in its own way, but if you mean "submissive" in their private life then yes I prefer that "type" over any kind of "dominant" woman. In fact I usually can knock the would-be dominant ones down to size, through a mixture of a mind-f*%# and a real one.....
 sherilyn70
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:42:16 PM

Okay, I think men like submissive women for just sex, because they are easy.

LOL, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Just ask any man that tried to dominate me thinking he could use me for sex... he walked away pretty frustrated.

After all, a woman who can say No to me initially, can say NO to any man who hits on her while she is in a relationship with me, a trait I very much admire...
Submissive women seem to forget they are in a relationship if their man is not standing there with his arm around her waist... just speaking from experience...

I can't think of a single true submissive woman I know that isn't painfully faithful to the men that she is with. If a sub is truely in a relationship with another man she is not going to forget it... especially if she has his necklace around her neck.

For example, when a woman wants to initiate lovemaking, the truly dominant female will use sly cunning tactics, such as sexy poses, glances or touches... She will not verbally demand sex like a leather clad, whip in hand dominatrix...

Sweetie, you just described the subs roll. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?