Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 123
Do men really like submissive women? Page 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I think any personality is ok; just be yourself; I think its fine. I dont want someone throwing me down all the time taking control. I dont think its a problem.
 misssexyprincess
Msg: 124
Do men really like submissive women?
Posted: 6/1/2008 6:53:02 PM
From my experience , they do in the bedroom, but outside the bedroom,
most men want a women who is a little more assertive....... and for the most part are turned on by a women who is aggressive and secure with herself .......
 4realgurl
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:45:35 PM
I FOUND EXACTLY WUT I WAS LOOKIN FOR AND DIDNT EVEN KNOW AND STILL DONT HOW TO EXPLAIN IT lol HE IS DOM OF COURSE BUT NO WIPS OR CHAINS, jus knows how to tell me wut to do, make me do it and get me extremely turned on when doin it LOL, we are extremely open about wut the other wants sexually and the talkin about it makes it so much better, as far as the the relationship besides sex, we are pretty damn equal, i just needed a dom behind closed doors, and wuts so funny is, had i not posted this in march i wouldnt have ever met him

so yes postin on this found me my fish LOL

GOOOO CELTICS

love to all

carly
 BlahGrim
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:48:10 PM
Yes. I do, but it depends on your exact definition of submissive.
 fetish4u
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:59:10 PM
I don't care much for submissive women.I like the type of woman that wants to tie me up and treat me rough in the bedroom.
 swift928
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/12/2009 10:08:07 AM
i am a man from mich. who is looking for a submissive women, but what i have found in the past is that women like to be submissive in the bedroom but want a relationship outside of it. which is what i am looking for also. i would even be willing with the right women to share this and be a switch. but what i have also found is that women are not looking to be a slave they just like to be a little submissive/a spanking is what they really want. drop me a line if you want to talk about this. take care to all. lance
 Tom S69
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:02:12 PM
I love a submissive woman

if your a sub and in so cal
drop me a line
 Go Rin No Sho
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:58:56 PM

Do men really like submissive women? or do most of them really not wanna be the aggressive party? im very submissive and finding a dominant man is very hard to find these days, how can u tell if a man is dom without askin him from jump?

Real dominant (males or females) can tell real submissive (males or females) at 100 paces. The fact that you ask the question indicates that you know the words, but don't know the dance.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:08:17 AM
I'm a man. I have testosterone. I have a spine. I act like it.

Case closed. Every girl I date has the opportunity to feel like a sweet, pretty little girl again.

:)
 1984,loveis
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:15:46 AM
SUBMISSIVE ...uhm... Tell you what... it does not exist , my friend...uhm... a fellow who feels the same ... LAUCH for u love... what is wrong with me SCOT?...I WILL
LOVE YOU ...TE QUIERO...FOREVER... mi querido amor... guess it lauch...
ADRIANA.
 ilovetoshop
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/2/2009 8:13:59 AM
im pretty sure all dudes want that way ..but **** it ..right? id like to be on top all the time ...
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:24:56 AM
There are still submissive women out there? WTH!!

Heck, I am no "dom", but I sure don't cower to a challange!! (I'll leave that up to the imagination)
 jhenson
Msg: 139
submissive women
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:31:01 AM
I prefer a more independent, confidant woman. However, it's fun when each person is willing to be submissive in the bedroom every once in a while to give the other a sense of power, like in a role playing scenario ;)
 want to travel
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:01:18 AM
I think men like women to be feminine ,a true partner,one who gives as much as she gets
A lot of women have unrealistic expectations,(im not saying men dont as well)of men
For example, read the profiles on POF, women give a list of what they want, but its very rare to find a profile that actually says what they have to offer
 sassy_grneyes
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:56:57 AM
There is no such thing as a "true" submissive or "true" dominant.Each relationship is defined by how those two(or 3 or 4) people see it and what they make of it.

What does a "true" dominant look like? Does he walk around wearing leather and carrying whips and chains?

To the OP...you sound more like a sexual submissive who is looking for a top maybe not a Dom for a D/s relationship.There are tons of sites devoted to bdsm with lots of good info.
 rustygetsit
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/13/2009 3:43:35 AM
Well, 4realgurl, unless he stumbles upon you first, you're going to have to ask him up front. It depends on what you are really seeking, however. A lot of men might have dom tendencies, which may or may not be enough for you. Others, who are possibly terribly vanilla and/or just uninformed, might be terrified of the prospect.

Then, if you are a true sub, he may possibly be able to spot you, and vice versa. Or, are you speaking strictly online? For instance, here, on POF, you may have to really study a profile to find a person's true passion.

Also, some men don't equate submissiveness and being sexually submissive as being different. At least, that's what I have learned. I am not passive, and I am definitely not without passion. It's a matter of educating some on the many dynamics of such a relationship. But, either they are or they aren't. And, how can a submissive woman teach a man to be a dom? It's just backwards (I think). I also think, it can be one of the most rewarding and beautiful relationships there is - depending on the parties. It's all about trust, respect, and being open to each other.

I've also met a few men who call themselves doms and are totally clueless. And, I've met a few who had no idea that they were, and most definitely were.

If you are speaking strictly sexual, then maybe you are just a bottom seeking a top; that does not necessarily make him a dom, but good at what you may desire - but then again, you may already know that.

I've found a lot of guys are interested in "hearing" about submissive women and dominant men - or d/d relationships, but have no interest in it whatsoever; they just think it's kinky and what to hear you talk about it. Others may have dabbled, but aren't really sexually dominant males - they just like having their own way. I find it's difficult to have to weed through the masses without putting it all out there for the sake of finding someone on the same page as you are. You risk missing out on dating some really nice guys. How-Ev-Er ... if you're not willing to settle, as you should not be, and you're secure in your identity and what you want, at some point, you're just going to have to ask/tell. Or, they'll read this post and find out too ...
 Ditto87
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/13/2009 4:58:12 PM
SUBMISSIVE IS OK TO AN EXTENT...
I PREFER MORE OF AN AGGRESSIVE GIRL WHO TAKES U BY SUPRISE
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/13/2009 5:26:38 PM
Once again, I like submissive women.

I tend to date introverts. I like girls who are very feminine and give their power to me out of love and respect.
 TopChuck
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 6:15:42 PM
You've met doormats, not submissive women.

Doormats are depressed.

The submissive women I know are strong, intelligent, self confident, and don't follow senselessly.

They seem to truly know how to love and be loved.

It would be your greatest luck to know a real submissive.
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 147
submissive women
Posted: 5/13/2009 6:19:11 PM
From reading these posts, it is already established which part of d/s the OP was referring to when she answered the other posters.

Nobody wants a wimp in bed. Awesome when both partners are aggressive. Being the aggressor, you can initiate sex or tell your partner what fantasy you want fulfilled. A whack on the ass never hurt anybody and playing the submissive also means submitting to the indulgence of your partner, just as long as it is not degrading.

@Ditto87:

You got that right! Aggression is a nice to surprise to the person who doesn't know what is in store for them or when they least expect it.
 rustygetsit
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:31:33 PM

they will say and do ANYTHING I desire....whatever I could come up with they were happy to oblige just so that I would not leave them...my understanding is that most submissive women are depressed and don't think they can get a man without being submissive..
That is not a submissive woman, but passive insecurity. There is a difference. I'm sexually submissive, but own a Type A personality in every other way. Self confidence and positive self-image is key to a woman - or man - who takes on this role.
 Damienevil
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:40:30 PM
well I know I love submissive women the only issue I have is that women who tend to be dominant types bring out the I have to break them to my will part in me.

to me a submissive is someone happy in their service in and out of the bedroom because it full fill them as a women.
 kms_19
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:10:49 PM

Actually in my experience not many men do. Or at least not my kind of submission. Many men identifying as dominant seem to want a "challenge", not a "doormat". They want to best a women. They want a woman who will challenge their power, compete with them, endeavor escape so that they can experience over and over again winning the match -- only then will they value the woman's surrender.

Me? I'm a doormat. I seek to serve as support for him and do not seek to best him. I will not compete with him. I prefer he compete in the outside world. He has much on his plate in that arena and it's in my own best interest that he win against real foes, not his sex partner. My role is to welcome him, be intimate with him, empower him, not challenge him.

Am I passive? Absolutely. However this does not mean I lack passion. For those who can't hear the words they use, passion and passive are derivations of the same word which, by the way, means to suffer. So yes I am passive and I do enjoy a fair bit of suffering and am wildly passionate.

Honestly I get so tired of all the ruckus about how assertive and strong submissive people are. It's obviously sourced in shame, no two ways about it.

I am so much more pleased with myself, content, unafraid and confident when I allow myself to be passive than when I'm making some kind of an uproar about something.

Why? Because I know I'm being true to myself.

When "I am woman, hear me roar" starts escaping from me like some kind of noxious gas I know I'm afraid of something and as a result, lying.

It's that behavior that I'm ashamed of and passivity and submission in which I take pride and contentment.

Very well put.

As for my opinion on submissive women, it all really comes down to a whim at the end of it all. Sometimes, being passionate with a woman who treats sex in a manner such as the one described above is a real turn-on. On other nights, maybe you're in the mood for a 'fight' and want to challenge your partner for that dominance and force her into submission, making the sex more aggressive.
I also believe that some men may feel more uncomfortable with a partner who is more aggressive in bed because they are challenging their role as the one in charge and need to find that woman who will submit to them in order to boost their ego. It's all a matter of whether they can handle the intensity of it, or if it even turns them on in the first place.
In the end, I would rather go for a variety of different exchanges; One night it might be more suitable after a romantic dinner to have the woman be more submissive, where-in after that helluvah party at the bar could turn into a rather fiery, clawing, biting ass-whipping romp in the sheets as soon as you're through the front door, lol. It all comes down to the mood of the moment for me. But, to answer the question of the thread, I would say: "Yes." Seeing as it doesn't mean they don't like other types of women in bed as well.
 GQSunset
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:58:31 PM
Personally i hate submissive women, i'd rather be with a strong intelligent woman who can make me think as well as make me cum.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:23:26 AM

A sub in the BDSM world is NOT the same as liking submissive women. In the world of tie women up, with gag balls and beat them in cages, the original post isn't addressing that to the layman. A submissive woman on the other hand, is generally the title given to the person who obeys what she is told to do without question most of the time. Totally different people.

I think you might want to do a little BDSM 101 research. Your premise might be accurate, but the explanation couldn't be more wrong.

In BDSM submissives, come with a whole list of practices and desires that the 'Dominate' must learn in order to appease the sub. Who's the prisoner here?

In a true D/s relationship, no one is anyone's prisoner.

And if the 'Dominate' doesn't get it right and beat the submissive up the way she loves to be beaten, she leaves. That simple.

Being a pain-slut and being a submissive are two drastically different concepts. Not all masochists are submissive, not all submissives need physical pain or punishment. It's entirely possible to be submissive without bondage sex ~ many people call that particular "type" of submissive a "traditional gender role" sub.

Submissive women aren't like that. They find strengths in weaknesses that make feminist scream out in ape like anger because she isn't acting more like a man. More forceful, more direct, more gutsy, more demanding and more competitive. This in turn outrages the feminist and men are denigrated as a race for not allowing women to be as equally outrageous and malevolent because men are chauvinistic pigs.

I'll give you the feminist comment. I know that I have personally been accused of single-handedly setting back the supposed "movement" that is so often discussed by those labeling themselves as feminists, simply because I don't choose to view things as they do. I've yet to meet a Dominant (a true Dominant) that was a male chauvinist, so I suppose this is one of those debates that could go on and on ~ because I have met plenty of male chauvinists that were not of a Dominant nature.

~OT~ Any time the words dominant and submissive are thrown around on a site such as this: hetero/monogamous/conversative (by and large), there are going to be mass quantities of the ill-informed, uninformed and stereo-typers who really have NO idea what a true submissive or Dominant (for that matter) really is about. There is a huge difference between being a controlling jackazz and being a Dominant. There is a huge difference in being submissive in nature and being someone's punching-bag, doormat, abuse victim, etc., etc., etc. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?