Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drakalich
Msg: 126
Do men really like submissive women? Page 6 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Well you look know aggressive he is out in the open, that will normally tell you. There is a point of being too aggressive. Most aggressive guy do enjoy being told how far they can go and then there are dome that just don't care. If you are too submissive then you will not get any fulfilment. He will get his and you will be left high and dry.
 TopChuck
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Do men really like submissive women?
Posted: 6/4/2009 1:16:40 PM

Who is worse? The one who b!tches or the one who b!tches about the b!tcher b!tching to stop them from b!tching?

GEEEZZZZZ Somebody just shoot me pleeeeezeeeeee!

lol soulfoodwanted
 TopChuck
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 2:11:11 PM

I apologise for upsetting you so much, Malestrome. I was reading this thread and jumped in to agree with BP, much like I probably would in real life.
I think I've got the point: you're a dominant who dominates - big time.
And since you've changed the thread's title, I'm not OT.

Sheesh, FriendlyFreeSpirit, you are sooooooooooo submissive!!!!

Do you find that men respond to that?
 ~~BP~~
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Do men really like being acosted by a spelling bee teacher on a forum?
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:48:00 PM

I apologise for upsetting you so much, Malestrome. I was reading this thread and jumped in to agree with BP, much like I probably would in real life.

Awww.....

@FriendlyFreeSpirit: in case any doofus wants to beat you to a pulp, I've got your back, sweetie ;)
 JstAnthrLonelyGirl
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/5/2009 12:44:58 AM
I love being dominated, probably even more than most women. I don't find it that hard to find a guy. I think that guys think that they will scare women off if they are dominant. If you are sleeping with someone, just lead them into it. If they follow chances are they are turned on by it, if not then you know. Other than that, straight out asking them if it's something they are interested in is probably your best bet.
 flappo77
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:35:21 AM
I sort of like a dominant woman. Dont get me wrong, I'm not looking for a dominatrix, but someone that likes being pampered... since i sorta like doing things like giving massages, and doing things for her to please her. But high maintenance women are unattractive.
 TopChuck
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 11:00:40 AM

I sort of like a dominant woman. Dont get me wrong, I'm not looking for a dominatrix, but someone that likes being pampered... since i sorta like doing things like giving massages, and doing things for her to please her. But high maintenance women are unattractive.

Most interesting about this thread (and indeed much of the Forums) are the misconceptions. Your description isn't of a dominant woman. D/s involves a predefined description of the power structure, within relationships.

The idea is that when control is predetermined, the relationship runs smoothly. Problems involving who is going to make final decisions are avoided. The power struggle is over.

Women are high maintenance by virtue of their very nature. If you want proof, look in her purse.

Those things you enjoy doing for a woman that are truly caring for her, pampering her, putting her on a pedestal, cherishing, treasuring, nurturing, protecting, would be done by you for a Domme, because you allow her the control to tell you to do them; or for a submissive, because you have the power to do them.

This might lead you to conclude that it makes no difference who is in control, because the way to handle a woman is to do those things that make her feel loved.

And, you would be right. But it makes most sense for you to be in control, because that loving you provide moves her into her emotional mind center and you into your logical mind.

And, guiding a relationship is best done using logic.
 majyk1
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/10/2009 2:57:26 AM
Well hell you can be dominant to me... then lets go shopping, im not gonna complain about shoes and dinner. LOL JK
 1inaTrillion
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/10/2009 3:07:09 AM
In this age of gender equality I would have thought that neither the man nor the woman should be submissive just to please their partner
 RichardMcLean
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:55:41 PM
Personally, I'd rather have a dominant woman, but don't get me wrong, if a sub woman is right for me, I woundn't turn her down
 HazelRose
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:01:49 PM
^^^It would be nice if men followed the same rules. LOL

Submissive is overrated, and akin to being treated like a mentally impaired person. Actually, a mentally impaired person demands more respect. Yeah, being submissive is not my forte, and no man I have been with has ever told me that they want that from me. Not that I like to dominate over others...
 HazelRose
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:08:28 PM
Thank you. Now I will STFU.
 funeguy6869
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:43:13 PM
I for one like a submissive woman. Dominant men aren't looking for a doormatI use this analogy, we both want to dance, but someone has to lead. I'm going to lead you where you want to go.
 jacob8088
Msg: 139
Posted: 9/15/2009 11:30:14 PM
I don't mind if a woman is submissive. Although I do prefer the dominant type more.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2009 2:04:54 AM
4realgirl: I can't help be feel there is a bit of a misunderstanding about the original question. I could be wrong but it doesn't come across as a bdsm question. Men are not as dominate as we were 40 years ago because we have been labeled the devil if we do. This is a side effect of the women's liberation movement and how this is portrayed in the media of the last 40 years. Men are "male chauvinistic pigs" if we want to lead in a relationship. There are times in the bedroom when it is nice for a woman to exibit some dominance but overall women like a man who is dominant and men like to dominate (lead). That doesn't mean she is a rug to walk on. Women like a man who is dominant (not abuse or dictator) and "LEADS" in the relationship.
 lifeinart
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:26:22 AM
I don't think most people are understanding the dynamic of the Dom/Sub relatioinship. It is more about a need for a woman to be submisive. It is a craving like for a drug. It does not have anything to do with disrespect. On the contrary, it is about complete respect.

The woman, as diametricly opposed as this may sound, is in control. This is what she wants and her limits are your limits. It is about exploring what those limits are. She is safe and never in harms way. She always has a " safe word" to stop anything she is not comfortable with doing.

Fantasy and roleplay scenerios are explored. Staying in charecter makes those most exciting. Communication is of the most important degree. As well as respect.

In my case the domination is in private or planned for public. There is never disrespect involved and a public life is just a good and healthy as can be; even more so as what waits in the bedroom is more exciting.

I am looking for that woman. She is like gold. I am only looking for one. ARE YOU OUT THERE?
 MoralStand
Msg: 142
submissive women
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:50:31 PM
Traditional and old-fashioned in ways, right?
 Inego Montoya
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/29/2009 11:46:23 PM
If men didn't get sued every time they look at a woman wrong it would be different. Sometimes submissive women are great. Other times a little aggression is nice.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:49:21 AM
sweet lady Lori wrote:

Holy crap! I hope not!

I am not about to let a man hog tie me....that is MY job!

Hot diggity dawg! Now that's a real Montana woman, boyz. Bet she know's how to ride and rope, too.

As for me, I wouldn't know what to do with a submissive woman. I prefer a more egalitarian relationship, where there is give and take, and each partner is comfortable expressing his or her opinion and persuing their desire(s) knowing the other is just as comfortable going in that direction.

Submissive, yuck.

TK
{creates too much of God complex in my mind}
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:22:56 PM

Most of you don't know what you are missing.

That is so true. Most people also don't know what "submissive" vs. "Dominant" is all about, thus the question is easily misunderstood. No one who meets me in a vanilla context ever thinks that I am a submissive person, but as D/s goes I am 99.95% sub.
 jacob8088
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:27:25 PM
^^^I admit I don't really know all about it myself. Although I am willing to experience more of it,lol.
 InNCsearching
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:26:49 AM
bottom line...yes. men like to be in control of their families. contrary to all the talk that we have to be sensitive. who in the F#ck wants a sensitive guy that cannot make decisions? an aggressive woman is fun to bed but not in a relationship. men are competitive by nature, last thing we want is to compete with our wives.
 kendra101
Msg: 148
submissive women
Posted: 10/3/2009 11:13:42 AM
I am with you on this one..To have my hair pulled an my ass slapped is the ultimate turn on. But dont want be be hurt.
 Lostcauz
Msg: 149
submissive women
Posted: 10/10/2009 7:13:46 PM
I came into this conversation a little late. However, in scanning the posts, it doesn't appear as if anyone has mentioned that the true power in a D/s relationship rests with the one who is submissive. Ergo, if a woman is submissive to a man, she is the one who holds the real power in the relationship.

Just a thought.
 TopChuck
Msg: 150
view profile
History
submissive women
Posted: 10/10/2009 9:09:07 PM

. . it doesn't appear as if anyone has mentioned that the true power in a D/s relationship rests with the one who is submissive. Ergo, if a woman is submissive to a man, she is the one who holds the real power in the relationship.

It's been mentioned several time, I believe. I think it was last mentioned on 9-16-09, in post #390, by lifeinart.

No matter. It can't be overstated; especially in a place where very few understand the advantages of defining power flow in relationships.

I mean, I'm just saying . .

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like submissive women?