Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malley
Msg: 41
How to ask a girl to shave her mustache?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

"Honey, I love you, but you need to have penis enlargement surgery. Your little winkie just isn't doing it for me."

Exactly!!!

PS: Malley, I think I love you.

Geez hirsutepam, I thought we agreed to keep quiet about that for now.
Ah, but my darling, as you know, the feeling is mutual.
 Woodstar
Msg: 42
How to ask a girl to shave her mustache?
Posted: 3/3/2008 9:38:44 PM
Here goes!!! My dating career on the internet is about to die!

I have facial hair. I hate it...let me rephrase that...I HATE IT!...there, I feel so much better.

BUT...

I lived with one guy for three years and he never saw me shave my chin...because he was an ass.

I had another guy after that and I MADE SURE he knew I had whiskers and I never hid from him ANY of my flaws. He was great.

Once we were at an outing and all his buddy's were standing around visiting. Well, the sun shown down on my upper lip at just the right angle to illuminate my itty bitty fu man chu thingy I had going on. One of the guys looked at me and squinted to look closer then signaled to me by touching his lip. I just said "yes, I have a couple of hairs on the corners of my mouth. So what?" He responded with maybe I should pluck them or something. I threw my hand over my upper lip and said...."I shave my chin but leave my moustache alone!" All the guys just busted up as it was such a "guy thing" to say.

Later, I had atleast one of my guys buddy's come up and try to DATE ME. He said he loved my honesty!!!!!!

ps...I don't date my "guy" anymore and I do shave the little "stach".
 Brian85BC
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:12:16 PM
your not dating a woman pal
 paul227
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:31:41 PM
Yea, it's quiet disgusting. I have avoided girls regardless or their attractiveness because of it. It's mean, but we all have pet peeves.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:58:35 PM
well personally I wouldn't say anything, although I can't believe she hasn't noticed it or fretted over it herself for years (mind you , kudos to her if she hasn't , I would have!)

did the stache thing bother you *before* your mom mentioned it or not? (just wonderin!)

I say the spa idea is probably your safest bet, since your mom's so worried about it why doesn't she spring for a spa day for the two of them?
 inotcrazy
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/6/2008 12:40:37 AM
hey here's an idea pretend to have fore play with her face with dripping candle wax on her and then the tricky part would be ripping the wax off while making it look as part of the play- no wait wait unless she uses lotoin on her face then i would say wait untill shes in a deep sleep and use a electric razor on her-buy a second one if your not comfortable with her using yours
 choacoya
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/6/2008 4:09:14 AM
Yeah i had the same problem along time ago x. I was with the most gorgous Sziek woman and man! There was a full blown black mustache! SHIGHT! She actaully waxed allot but i could see that it really botherred her so i got her the hair removal pack. It was only 180 can but she never has to wax again;)

Choa
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 9:11:17 AM
There is no way that a girl would dileberately "wear" a mustach. If she does, she must be quiting from dating and does not want to date. But a woman that wears a mustache like one that shaves her head bald (with the exception if she has some disease) on purpose, most men if not all will take it that they are dropping out from the dating/mating game, because those are two things that no guy would first think of about a woman physically.

So IF she does have a mustache, first investigate if she is really a female, as she could be a guy or a gay guy. Then if you are certain it is a female, first tell/ask her what the heck was she doing wearing that fugly ridiculous mustache, and then tell/ask/demand lol that she shave it off A.S.A.P.!!!!!!!! lol

Obviously I am NOT shallow in any way regarding a persons physical attiributes, but obviously this is one area that is taking it WAY too far, and this is an obvious exception. I see this as a form of mutilation, if she deliberately lets her mustache or beard grow. Same with back hair on a woman and a woman deliberately shaving her head among other things like that, it's mutilation in many peoples eyes for a lady to do that, obviously not to mention, unattractive and unfeminine, and clearly shows a lack of personal hygien.

Obviously as I mentioned, if it is something they can't help, than thats different, and I can accept that, but otherwise, I would hope they would want to look like a woman when she is dating guys. lol
 Syerrah
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/9/2008 8:32:51 PM
Hi I was just reading your post and thought i might add another option. She might be waxing it, and to do so you have to let it grow enough for the wax to grip. I only know this cause i am the person these people come to, to get body parts wax....and jand just be glad they do it cause it hurts like hell.
 drewwlf
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/10/2008 3:43:51 PM
Now there is a winner of an idea, hapeenurse. "I say the spa idea is probably your safest bet, since your mom's so worried about it why doesn't she spring for a spa day for the two of them?"
 ciaobaby71
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/10/2008 4:41:08 PM
lol...i suppose it would be almost the same as telling her she had food stuck in her teeth...(laughing) ..OK, maybe not....i think its not what is being said but how its being said that will make the difference as to how she reacts...

Try joking about it in a loving way..."awwww honey how cute"....something to that affect...believe me, she WILL have that *hit waxed in no time...lol
 Coastergal
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2008 2:34:08 AM
Sorry it didn't work out for you OP.....
 deagleninja
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/17/2008 6:43:21 AM
LMAO!
You could always slip some Nair in her milk

What I find offensive with this is that you want her to alter something about her physical appearance because you figure it would be better for you.

What's next ??? A nose job ??? Breast implants ???

Oh please people!
The girl has a MUSTACHE!!!

If I had somehow made it to adulthood without realising that my monobrow wasn't sexy I would hope SOMEONE would clue me in.
Posted: 3/17/2008 10:05:14 AM

If I had somehow made it to adulthood without realising that my monobrow wasn't sexy I would hope SOMEONE would clue me in.

But you see, dear, to some women, that IS sexy, just like facial hair on women is sexy to some men.
 me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/17/2008 12:01:24 PM
You might be able to trick her into discoving she has a mustache the next time she leaves your place.

Buy one of those sticky lint removers. As you are offering to clean her jacket for her before she leaves, talk to her while you are doing it, then pretend like you are losing your focus, and roll that puppy right across her upper lip.

No need for an expensive spa day, she'll realize right there and then that she has lip hair when your $1 IKEA lint remover rips her stache right off of her face.
 HulaH
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/17/2008 1:45:28 PM
Some women have medical conditions that cause this kind of thing (me included)..

She will get a little defensive and or upset if you critique her appearance - any woman/man would if they aren't easy going / can take some slack.
Just be honest with her..in private - she'll appreciate you more for being upfront than dumping just cos of the tash.
It took me years to get mine dealt with (I was a teenager) - now its common place to get a good ol'waxing.
It hurts like hell..but its worth it...just like when a guy trims "himself" up ....a little effort goes a long way.
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:18:11 PM

Some women have medical conditions that cause this kind of thing (me included)..

I know that women can get these types of conditions. I have seen some women have mistaches, even beards and goatees offcourse they shave them everyday, but you can still see that they have it with their shadow. Especially in Central Asian, and India, it is not uncommon for girls to have body hair either, including back hair, chest hair, and especially leg and arm hair.

Just use a mock three and just shave it everyday. Or you can just wax it off.
 peanutbutterjelly
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:26:28 PM
The guys who I usually come across has blatenly told me that I need to wax my upper lip hahah! How rude. I thought it was funny though. Kudos for honesty
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/19/2008 4:24:45 PM
Yikes, some of the postings in this thread were written by adults? Maybe not.
First off, humans are genetically predispositioned to many things. Height, weight, hair color, and body type. Just to name a few. That isn't counting any health issues. I'm sure this a hormone or medical issue. If it bothers you enough to post it on an open forum, do her a favor and drop her. She deserves better.

In some countries, they wouldn't blink an eye about this.
I'm not a fan, however a little tact and understanding go a long way.
 NatureVision
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:31:47 PM

a little tact and understanding go a long way

Why is tact necessary when dealing with a mustache on a woman as opposed to a man? I've had women tell me they'd like me much better without a mustache. No pulled punches. Why can't a man say the same, with equal bluntness, to a woman? Because, in spite of the fact that:

In some countries, they wouldn't blink an eye about this.

in the country the OP lives in, it does cause more than a blink of the eye. Why else would you suggest tact and understanding? Men are supposed to have facial hair, so comments about it are taken in a blasé manner by a man. On the other hand, the only reason to take a tactful approach to a woman on the issue is that it isn't expected that a woman be hairy in that particular locale, by either men or women. I thought we had supposedly entered some sort of Age of Equality and Enlightenment for women. So, why can't a man walk up to a woman as an equal and say "I really think you'd be more attractive without the mustache." without fear of reprisal or being labeled as insensitive or tactless? We are all equals, no matter what the sex, right?
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:04:50 PM

Why is tact necessary when dealing with a mustache on a woman as opposed to a man?

Because it the proper thing to do, IMO.
If he wants to continue dating this women. Never confuse equality and manners. They're not the same thing. Plus, men are socially accepted to have hair on their faces where the OP lives. Women are not, as you've pointed out.

Why can't a man say the same, with equal bluntness, to a woman?

See above.

So, why can't a man walk up to a woman as an equal and say "I really think you'd be more attractive without the mustache." without fear of reprisal or being labeled as insensitive or tactless? We are all equals, no matter what the sex, right?

I'm not sure what you are getting at. What does equality have to do with facial hair on a female? I think what you said in quotations is okay, at the right time and place. It all depends on how sensitive this woman is. I am sure she is aware, but without a picture or more information on her~ it is a hard call on how to handle it. Just my two cents.

I think Herding Cats gave the best answer. A day at the Spa.
 genegem
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:06:13 PM

Personally, if a guy told me I had hair he found offensive,
I would tell him to go take a flying F*** at a rolling doughnut.

Interesting reaction cera191 ... kinda reminds me of an interesting date
20 odd years ago when I sported a beard. While helping her with the seatbelt
I noted the two inch dark growth on the chin and thought "mmm"; then while
sitting in the bar conversation was getting stilted so I asked "You got something
on your mind?" ... her reply "I've never been with a guy with a beard" ... left me
wondering where to look so I excused myself to the wee boys room so I could
"pee myself laughing" at the absurdities of life:-)

JR
 NatureVision
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/19/2008 11:22:47 PM

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I'm just pointing out that there is a double standard being foisted here throughout the discussion.

Never confuse equality and manners.

I never have, just posing a query. So, it is okay for a woman to blithely comment to a man that his facial hair isn't to her liking, yet it isn't okay for a man to to say the same to a woman without making some form of special consideration to a woman's sensibilities? A man is supposed to take such criticism in stride, but a woman is not? All I'm pointing out is that some of those screaming for equality don't seem to like it very much when the playing field is actually leveled.

It is deemed socially okay for a woman to tell a man his facial hair doesn't do much for her in a crowded bar, but if the reverse is done it is a major faux pas. A slight inequity in positions there I feel. It isn't a delicate subject for a man, so why should it be for a woman? As someone stated, it's only a few hairs ... why should it border on taboo to bring it to a woman's attention?

On the other hand, you are right in that a desire on the man's part to continue a relationship requires that he bow to this social requirement and handle the situation with either a degree of delicacy and privacy or not at all. And, I agree. Herding Cats suggestion early on is/was the best diplomatic solution.
 HDynasty81
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:49:59 AM
I wouldn't even know how to say it myself, if she's rocking a Motorhead mustache, then I may have to say a word or two about it, but I dunno,lol.

I don't think there's a way you can say it without coming across as offensive to the lady in question.
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:13:23 PM
OK, I feel a women with a mustache needss to just use a mock three and shave it. I mean most would not let their hair grow that far out in their face.

Be smart and shave it!!.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >