Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GbBengi
Msg: 106
Do you still think about your ex?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I really don't want to..... its difficult....we were best friends, we had an amazing relationship. We had a beautiful baby, and she sold her family for her job......apparently I didnt become succesful fast enough for her.....LOL. So now I own my own business.........and her boyfriend who likes other boys is going to jail with "other boys" he will have lots of fun! haha. (lord forgive me for that right there, and be with the starving pigmies there in New Guinea-amen)

Really it hurts to watch the person of your dreams, who you love with all of your heart....be with someone else........I think of it every day, and it shows that one was too young and immature...and needed things, needed control, needed bars.....

when someone throws away family like that........it shows the world that it was YOUR OWN love, that kept you together because it was stronger......

The grass is NEVER greener......

haha sorry, enough on that drama!
 whothehellknows
Msg: 108
Do you still think about your ex?
Posted: 6/26/2008 3:42:29 AM
I think about one ex quite often, another one not so much. But it's not in a manner of wishful thinking or secretly hoping for another shot, just as you think of good friends. They are the only two ex's whom I have tried to stay friends with and both have great qualities that I have yet to find in some of the others I have dated. We are better as friends, but you can't help but think of them because they were so special.
 elisa75
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/26/2008 8:40:43 AM
i think about how happy i am that i am no longer with any of them, especially the last one. what a loser
 _Red_
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/26/2008 7:27:24 PM
I think about my ex and count my blessings each time that I got out when I did. I can still look back and say he had a few decent qualities but with everything I learned later, I have to wonder if even those were real.

I think when you can honestly say spending the rest of your life alone if you had to would be greener pastures, you made the right decision.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/22/2008 12:50:33 PM
For some reason an ex always has a spot in your heart, regardless of why or how things ended. I think it's normal to be curious of what an ex is up too or who is this person he's currently dating. We are only human.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:17:20 PM
Well, what kind of thinking do you mean OP? There is the hmmm, our life probably wasn't so bad, kind, and then there is I'm thinking about my ex because I just don't have enough body parts in the freezer!
 L80nw8ng
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:24:16 PM
Think about the ex? Hell I still have to deal with him on a regular basis because we have a child together...

Regret the split - HELL NO!

Regret the splits with past boyfriends? also a resounding NO.

Yes I am way too damn picky... wont deal with liars, cheats, addicts, slobs, or the financially or familial irresponsible. So that rather narrows the playing field a bit.

Not to mention that the "good things" about all my ex's really raise the bar as to what I expect... as I now know those behaviors are possible in a male.

You see... I might occasionally date Mr. Stinky, Touchy, or Snaggle tooth... but mostly I date Mr. Really-great-guy-who-just-wasn't-quite-right, and am perfectly ok with sending him home when done... and retreating to my little undisturbed nest, made perfectly for me.

GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/10/2008 7:55:21 PM
I think of my exhusband - never.
Honestly didn't think about him while I was married to him, which is probably why I am not.

I do think of the man, the only man that I realize I have ever loved.
I think of him, frequently - but it's in nice ways. Not obsessive, missing, wishing he was here ways.

Just pleasantly in loving memory.
No, he didn't die.
 Miss49er
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:39:10 PM
Yeah, there were days when he was really good to me and then I think of days when he decided I was a failure. So every time I feel like I've got too much on my plate, I remind myself 'And he thought I couldn't do it without him'. That man is the best inspiration I've ever had.

To him: Here's to all the goals we never accomplished together and to everything I did on my own without you. Thanks for the fuel you've given to push me forward and to good friends you said I would never have. To accomplishments you said I could never achieve. Thank you for not believing in me. Without you I would not be where I am right now.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:35:57 PM

To him: Here's to all the goals we never accomplished together and to everything I did on my own without you. Thanks for the fuel you've given to push me forward and to good friends you said I would never have. To accomplishments you said I could never achieve. Thank you for not believing in me. Without you I would not be where I am right now.

^^^ I soooo agree. Isn't it great when they do us such wonderful favors without even realizing it?
 keebler5485
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/11/2008 3:17:18 AM
Not at all I see her when we exchange the kids but otherwise I dont miss her or think of her at all.
 12watch4
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 5:17:04 AM
Since humans tend to remember the good times more than the bad, we sometimes miss someone who was once an important part of our lives.

When a relationship ends, I write down the reasons it ended, the things that were hard to stand. When I miss the lady in question, I can then remind myself why it ended. Perhaps adopting this practice will help others?

I still have great affection for former lovers and girlfriends, some remain wonderful friends, I've been very lucky that way. But when I miss something about them, it's useful to have a record of why we aren't together any more.
 Miss49er
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/11/2008 12:44:21 PM
Yeah, it does feel great. I did call once because I had something of his I needed to send and he asked me how my life was going. I told him all about my accomplishments.

Now talk about deep deep deep DEEP gratitude.
 kasha111
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/11/2008 1:02:34 PM
Hardly ever think about him. Every once in a while I hear about another woman who he had an affair with while we were married and I wonder why. But it no longer makes me sad and I have the power over my emotions. I am sooooo grateful to be away from his mind numbing betrayal and meaness. I learned valuable lessons and for that I am truly thankful.
 gatorsz
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/11/2008 1:55:05 PM
I keep in contact with my ex even though we're 2000 miles apart. She's a good person. "We" just didn't work. She will find someone that's better suited for her, just as I will. She just bought a house and finishing school. I'm excited for her and wish her nothing but the best.
 tykie173
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/11/2008 4:42:59 PM
WELL I DO I THINK I JUMPED OUT OF THE PAN STRAIGHT INTO THE FIRE .I MUST BE INSANE I LET A LITTLE WEIGHT GET IN THE WAY BUT I'M THAT KIND OF VANE MAN I WANT LOOKS AND BRAINS I GOT THAT BUT A LOT OF OTHER BAGGAGE ALONG WITH IT ,I HAD SOMEONE THAT WAS LOVING AND CARING AND WOULD GIVE ME THE WORLD BUT I WASNT RIGHT BY NO MEANS I CHEATED GOT CAUGHT AND CAUGHT AGAIN AND AGAIN BUT WAS ALWAYS STILL THE LOVE OF HER LIFE ,IT WAS ALWAYS ME DOING WHAT I WANTED TO DO WHEN I WANTED AND SHE WOULD STILL GIVE ME THE WORLD .SO IF YOU STILL THINK OF THAT PERSON THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AS LONG AS IT'S A THOUGHT NOW IN MY CASE IF IT WASNT FOR THE PERDICIMENT I'M IN I WOULD HAVE BEEN LONG GONE BUT I LET MYSELF GET IN THIS SPOT AND I CANT FIND A WAY OUT SO I PUT UP WITH A LOT OF STUFF IT'S LIKE I'M PAYING FOR STUFF I PREVIOUSLY DONE .I REALLY CHANGED MY LIFE STYLE I DONT HANG OUT ALL THE TIME I BASICLY JUST WORK AND COME HOME I GIVE ALL OF ME AND GET NOTHING BACK IN RETURN SO I DEAL WITH IT YOU KNOW BUT IT'S GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND I'M READY TO GO WHERE I DONT KNOW .SEE I AM ABLE TO GET TO AND FROM WORK ,WAIT LET DO IT THIS WAY I HAD A CAR I GAVE IT UP TO KEEP OUR OVERHEAD DOWN NOW WE USE ONE CAR SO I STRAPPED DOWN THAT WAY I NEED THE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM WORK I COULD HAVE KEPT MINE FOR A NOT BAD COST THAT I PAID TO KEEP HER CAR GOING BUT ALL I HEAR IS ABOUT I 'M USING HERCAR AND I THIS AND I THAT SO I GUESS I AM NOT ONLY INSANE BUT STUPID AS WELL
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >