Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brett Favre to Retire      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Farve2009
Msg: 27
Brett Favre to RetirePage 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
God i get pissed off when people rip on him. How can you hate on Farve at all. The man is the most durable player ever! He hold every record a QB could good or bad. Even most 80 yard passes ever! 3 time mvp. Yeah he cryed because hell miss the game. Hes been a packer since 92. Started for southern miss in 86. It was his life hes been playing since he was a teen. Ive been watching him since i was 9 years old So if you have anything bad to say then F*** You
 wizardofossington
Msg: 28
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:08:58 PM
"So if you have anything bad to say then F*** You "

You sound like Chris Crocker....."Leave Brett Farve Alone!!".
 Farve2009
Msg: 29
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 3/17/2008 11:53:09 AM
sorry about that i get bengals fans talking a lot of smack about him. i deal with it every day and i never wanted to see him go.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 30
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:48:59 PM
"i never wanted to see him go."

All good things come to an end, so learn how to let go pal....
 Farve2009
Msg: 31
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:49:36 PM
yeah. i just hate to seem him go. i hope there will be another player like him someday.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 32
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:35:53 PM
What's up with Brett Farve not signing his retirement papers.

JUST DO IT ALREADY!!! So we all can have some closure.
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 33
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:34:40 PM
Rumor has it Favre is having an itch about playing again. Now how many times did he say he is retiring? I count three years in a row!
 musicfan1980
Msg: 34
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:59:38 PM
Favre will un-retire..someone needs to keep the Madden curse alive
 Ezzee
Msg: 35
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/3/2008 8:22:04 AM
Seriously, I think y'all are over-reacting.

Is Brett Favre having a "itch" about coming back? Probably.

Would that be normal? Absolutely. When you retire from pretty much the only thing you have done and know for over a quarter of a century, and something that you absolutely love doing, it would be absolutely normal. Most people I know who are retired have hda an itch to go back or to get back in the workforce. It's part of the reason why they hve grandparents volunteer at school events or you will see them working at Wal-Mart as a greeter. It's pretty normal.

Well Brett Favre come back? I doubt it. I still am under the impression that he isn't retired and he will not be coming back. The only scenario that he may come back under is if the Packers are devestated with injuries, as in they loose Aaron Rodgers, Brian Brohm, and Matt Flynn to season-ending injury. Then I could see a possible return, as Favre has even said himself, but until then, I doubt it.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 36
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/3/2008 8:55:48 AM
I hope he doesn't comeback....Not that I dislike him because I do think he was a great QB, but it is time to give Aaron Rodgers a chance. 1st rounder and hasn't started for like 3 season. I've been wanting to see him play forever.

And if Farve comes back, and if I was Rodger, I would demand to be traded.
 musicfan1980
Msg: 37
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/5/2008 7:50:34 AM

I hope he doesn't comeback....Not that I dislike him because I do think he was a great QB, but it is time to give Aaron Rodgers a chance. 1st rounder and hasn't started for like 3 season. I've been wanting to see him play forever.

And if Farve comes back, and if I was Rodger, I would demand to be traded.

Yeah this has definitely got to piss Rodgers off. He has the chance to take over the reins in Green Bay so all this speculation about a possible Favre comeback is bothering him.

Now that Rodgers looks like he'll be a starter, Jim Sorgi officially has the coolest job in pro football...as Peyton Manning's backup.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 38
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:39:38 AM

Jim Sorgi officially has the coolest job in pro football...as Peyton Manning's backup.

I know a free paycheck for him....

It is time for him to stay retired and I am not enjoying Farve's teasing on contemplating a comeback. It is wearing me out....I don't even want to read any articles about it. The heading to me is self explanatory.
 steveemac
Msg: 39
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:19:12 AM
In all this hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing, one has to ask: has anyone actually heard any of this come out of Brett Favre's mouth? This has been a big steaming load of innuendo, rumor, and whispered implications...maybe the Packers front office -or just some disgruntled fans- started the rumors after Rodger's SI interview:

"...The magazine asked Rodgers “whether he feels pressure to connect with the fans the way Favre did.”

“I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans,” Rodgers responded. “They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.”..."

Perhaps the NFL started the rumor: over the past decade, no single player has generated more interest than Favre; just bringing his name up gets people to tune in to the NFL Network...maybe it's a slow news week at ESPN...bottom line: until I hear him actually say he wants to come back -to the Packers or with another team- I will (sadly) continue to assume he is, and will continue to be, retired.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 40
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 8:49:21 AM
Farve has stated that, "It's all a rumor".
 itsfunycsitstru
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:41:47 AM
The "ageless Gunslinger" is going to lace up his cleats again don't doubt it, but it remains to be seen if it will be for the Packers or someone else. I'm all for it I like Farve and can't imagine and NFL season without him.

But to a real question who do you take in your Fantasy Football draft? AP or Sjax?
 broncsbuff
Msg: 42
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 3:01:47 PM
favre come back?....you mean I get to hear the media slurp on favre like he is the greatest football player ever to grace the face of the earth?....

for a qb to get out played by eli manning on the frozen tundra, I sure wouldnt come back...

favre played horrible in that game, he needs to go away...

please go away...

retire, come back, reitre, comeback...

just go away.....PLEASE
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 43
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 3:47:52 PM
Broncsbuff: Then he will leave with his last ever possession in his carer throwing an interception in the NFC Champion game and losing. What a way to end a carer.
 Ezzee
Msg: 44
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:11:23 PM
This is just now coming in, but I thought I'd be the first to let you know that Joe Theisman, Franco Harris, and Lawrence Taylor have all announced that they are coming out of retirment.

This announcement coming to you directly from the Ridiculus News Network.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 45
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/6/2008 4:36:05 PM
12 tds 10 int's since 2001 in playoff games....

he got outplayed by vick in 2002, got outplayed by eli las year....only qb to lose at green bay in the playoffs, he is living off his three mvps, but if you look at his overall playoff record, it isnt that great...good...but not great..

I think favre belongs in the hall of fame, dont take it the wrong way, but teh media slurps on him, along with green bay fans saying he belongs with teh "best ever"...I dont even think he is top 5, he is MAYBE in the top 10, I think that is even a stretch....

go away favre, just go away....
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 46
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:10:16 PM
Brett wants to come back according to Mike Vandermause Sports editor of the Green Bay Packers. Green Bay's reponse was to talk him out of it!!!! they don't want him back. Why I don't know. He does have a year left I think. By the way he played last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80932c37
 broncsbuff
Msg: 47
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:35:22 PM

He does have a year left I think. By the way he played last year.

look how he played in the playoffs the last 7 years, thats why they dont want him anymore...

the pass last year against the giants in overtime was worse than any rookie might throw..

agian...go away favre just go away...
 electrifying84
Msg: 48
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/10/2008 9:13:55 PM
The last thing I heard about him is he might play for the panthers? I don't know for sure but thats what his agent said.
 scarter78
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/11/2008 12:37:55 PM
Hey Chatter Box,

I think you spoke to soon. Brette Favre is going to play this year. No one knows who he will play for, but he will play.
 Breadman93
Msg: 50
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/11/2008 2:03:35 PM
I'm guessing that kinda throws Green Bay a curve. They have probably spent most of the offseason designing a game plan without him in the line-up. I'm sure they'll take
him back and that he'll start. But it really prevents that offense from moving forward.
 steveemac
Msg: 51
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/11/2008 2:09:09 PM
I'm typing this and listening to the local news at the same time-Favre has asked the Packers to release him, according to the team...another source said that Favre texted GM Ted Thompson and said, "Having 2nd thoughts. Can we talk?" Allegedly, Thompson responded, "No, I'm on vacation."
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brett Favre to Retire