Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wizardofossington
Msg: 70
Brett Favre to RetirePage 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Go to your boss tomorrow and tell him that you are retiring effective immediately. Then, go home, sit around and do whatever for 3 or 4 months, then go back and say you want to un-retire and want everything back that you had normally without consequences. Come back and tell us what happened.

That is a good point....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 72
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:35:26 PM

Ah, but say you are the best at what you do, and your replacement isn't half the man you are. I'm pretty sure in many cases the boss would consider what would be in the best interest of the company and take you back and reap the benefits of your experience.

favre is a hall of famer, favre is one of the best qb's to play....right now?...he is middle of the pack qb. He cant win games by himself anymore. You saw what happened when the giants shut down the run game last year, favre threw one of his "gunslinger" throws and got in trouble....

check favre stats over the past 10 years in playoff games, not that great...12 tds and 10 ints isnt that impressive.....is he better than rodgers?...probably, and if I had the choice I would take favre, but make no mistake, favre had a good year last year cause he had BETTER players than he did the previous years....

I dont think favre wants to live with getting out played by eli manning at the frozen tundra...along with getting outplayed by vick in 2001 at the tundra....

on the packers side...dont release him...BUT, it will be a media circus, favre doesnt want that....

I think favre will not come back, he isnt gonna carry a clipboard....again, Im so sick of favre, just go away already......
 Farve2009
Msg: 73
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 1:47:10 PM
im disgusted by you guys.How can you say this about a legend the comeback kid.He holds all QB records he is the best the is and i think ever will be.Holds the Iron Man record for games and him thowing the ball at all is a record at this point.he just thoew for 4155 yards with 28 touchdowns and was in double overtime in the championship.unless your a giants or pats fan he kicked all of your teams ass period. so dont say he isnt a damn good QB and hes washed up.And Broncsbuff if i remember last year we played the Broncos and he ended the game in the 1st play of overtime with a 80 yard pass like it was nothing at all.Ive watched Green Bay and Farve 13 years now and ill disown green bay in a heartbeat if they do this to the Greastest QB in franchise history.What happened to Green Bay being a fan owned team Thompson you **stard.This is personal very personal.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 74
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 2:17:20 PM
Makaveli....

favre is a first ballot hall of famer, no argument from me. As I said, go check his stats over the last 10 years in playoff games, they are not that great. The pass he threw in overtime against the giants was one of the worst throws I have seen.

we played the Broncos and he ended the game in the 1st play of overtime with a 80 yard pass like it was nothing at all.

I was there, of course I saw it. It was a really good throw, good play.

favre got outplayed by eli manning on his own turf last year in bad weather, there is no way favre can live with that.....this is why he wants to come back IMO....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 75
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 2:25:58 PM
6 int's against st louis in 2001.....

4 picks AT HOME against minny in 2003....

his passer rating in the playoffs is 70....

again..he is a hall of famer, im not arguing that, but the last 10 years he has been an average to good qb....nothing special...
 Farve2009
Msg: 76
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 2:26:30 PM
Cool sorry man lol.REal sensitive subject for me. I just want people to give him the respect he has earned.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 78
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 3:51:12 PM

Yeah, but just the fact that he has been in the playoffs almost every year for the past ten years oughtta speak volumes.

since they lost to denver in 98, the packers have been to the playoffs 6 out of 10 years, not really "every year"...favre is 3-6 during those playoffs....11td's and 16 int's..

again, over the last 10 years, favre has been an average qb....
 good_catch77
Msg: 80
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:55:07 PM
Well I read this post and look at my Brett Farve jersey on the wall right beside me. And I hope and pray he comes back wither it be with the Pack or another team, and kicks butt. Going and winning a Super Bowl. That would be awesome.

Let's analyze this

Stay retired ~ He can sit back stay retired and wonder "what if's?" Clearly he is still on top of his game. I know in recent years he hasn't been what he was. But last year was a bright shine of greatness that reminds us "how good he is."

Un-retire and stay with Packers ~ Arguably his "best" choice because he knows the system, has a good nucleus of young and experienced players.

Un-Retire and get traded ~ This is a good choice for the Pack in the sense they will get "something" back. Probably draft picks, I haven't seen player for player since Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade a few years back.

Un-retire and get released ~ Another decent one for Brett. The one thing that holds a baring on his trade value is his pay. If he is released he'd probably take a pay cut to play and to get back at the Pack (hum good saying). Which the pay cut is inevitable if he gets released because not many teams are under cap.

Also if he did get released I think that he'd be offered at least 5 places in 5 minutes. The problem for the Packer's is that 2 of those teams maybe even 3 are there division rivals.

Bears, Vikings, Lions. ~ Brett or Rex, Jackson, Kitna.......Give me Brett. Jackson is a no Brainer, Rex is not as much but compared to Brett duh. Kitna is a decent option but still NO Brett. Of the three with the best option I'd say the Bears because they are only 2 Super Bowls removed from being a championship team. Still above average Defense, good running back, good O-Line and average receivers. Pretty much the same as the Pack. So that would be a good situation.

There are plenty other teams that Brett could play for. But that is another post.
 jumby181
Msg: 81
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:33:52 AM
good god, he's human, he wants to play. and as long as no one here has EVER changed their mind on ANYTHING than bash away. but if you have ever had a change of heart in your life. than you should shut it.

and for the record, I think it would be more fun to watch the packers go 8-8 with favre than 10-6 with rogers. favre is more fun to watch play than anyone in the game to me. you just never know what he will pull next. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... all part of it. I think Thompson choked on this one.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 83
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:06:00 PM
Packers have filed tampering chargers with the league office against the Vikings. There are have allegations concerning Farve having chats with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell of the Vikings.

This may been the reason why Farve wants to be released really bad....
 steveemac
Msg: 84
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:13:01 PM

There are have allegations concerning Farve having chats with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell of the Vikings.
Which neither Favre nor Bevell denies; but the fact of the matter is that the two are fairly good friends, and the onus is on Packers management to prove that the conversations were intended to entice Favre to seek release from his contract.
Good luck with that, Mr. Thompson...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 85
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:58:56 PM
I agree with you Steve, but Packers have that right and now its a league issue; which both parties will deny.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 87
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:57:05 PM

You should welcome Rodgers with open arm's and an open mind. This is a new dawning, embrace it. Change is good.

It seems Packer fans are afraid change and quite skeptical of kid Rodgers. I think Rodgers has a lot of talent and is going to surprise the league. They can't keep Farve playing until he is 60 years old. I agree with Oscar its time to "pass the torch".

Favre's way hasn't worked for the last ten years.

This I can't agree because he has brought a lot of wins to Packers. Of course QB's have some bad years, but overall great career.

1996 13-3 Won SuperBowl against my Patriots (NFL MVP)
1997 13-3 Lost in the SuperBowl against the Broncos (NFL MVP)
1998 11-5 Lost Wild Card againsted 49ners
1999 8-8 No playoff appearance
2000 9-7 No playoff appearence
2001 12-4 Loss divisional against Rams
2002 12-4 Lost wild card against Falcons
2003 10-6 Loss divisional against Eagles
2004 10-6 Loss Wild Card against Vikings
2005 4-12 No playoff appearance (Farve's worst year)
2006 8-8 No playoff appearance
2007 13-3 Loss conference playoff against the Giants

8 out of 12 playoff appearances, 2 SB appearance, 1 SB championship, and 123-69 regular season record. Not bad at all and certain Hall of Famer.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 89
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/17/2008 4:30:07 PM
I went too far, but needed to show his SB appearances....Avg 10-6 season is still not too bad.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 90
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:40:02 PM

8 out of 12 playoff appearances, 2 SB appearance, 1 SB championship, and 123-69 regular season record. Not bad at all and certain Hall of Famer.

I will never deny favre is a hall of famer, no argument from me....

just for the record, favre is 3-5 in the playoffs since 98, two of those losses came at home...got outplayed by vick and manning....11tds and 16 picks.....

lets not forget...6 picks against the rams in 2001, threw 4 picks against minny in 2004...and everyone remembers last years pick in overtime...

over the last 10 years, favre is an average qb....all im saying...
 wizardofossington
Msg: 94
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:02:30 PM
I agree with Bronco statement....I just think his tenure with Packers were fairly good. Brett went through a lot of adversity and still managed stay among the best. Farve finished off in a good note last year and it should stay this way, but to me he looks like he is going to ruin his legacy. I do think its time for him to retire and let the Packers gamble on Rodgers to be new QB.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 96
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 12:48:22 PM
This overrated egomanical pill popper needs to go away already. First he says he's not reporting to camp because he doesn't want to be a distraction. Then Thursday he says he's going to report on Sunday. Now Sunday rolls around and he's not there.

Aaron Rogers should just stab this annoying old man.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 97
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:19:22 PM
alter ego...

he is a Diva and he always has to be in the spotlight.....I agree with you, just go away, he is getting annoying now. His feelings got hurt when the packers didnt want him back, now he is just being a big baby about it....

this is from someone who has been an average qb the last 10 years of his playing days....i will say it over and over again...he is a hall of famer, but my goodness he is overrated....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 98
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:22:37 PM
There is no reason for him to show up to camp....In the next week or so, Farve will be in a different uniform.

He has already cause enough distraction to the Packers.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 99
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:26:33 PM
I was sorta hoping his career would have ended on that forced throw against the Giants. That would have summed post-super bowl Favre up perfectly.
 jcrew617
Msg: 100
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:53:29 PM
I hope Favre doesn't get traded and then forces a 2nd trade to the Vikings.

If he does I hope GB fans boo him when he returns to lambeau field.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 101
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:57:44 PM
It's going to be funny when Favre gets traded, continues to be an INT machine, and Rogers has a great year. The only reason Favre had a great year last year was due to all of his receivers being YAC machines.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 102
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:15:16 PM

The only reason Favre had a great year last year was due to all of his receivers being YAC machines.

A QB can only be good if he has good receivers and the receivers can only be good if the have a good QB. Both need to play the game.

I agree he is INT prone, but he does manage at times to land the ball in the proper place at least 60% or better of the time....I think no matter which team he goes to, he will make it better. However he is going to need a lot of catching up to do since he missed a lot of football.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 103
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:25:49 PM
No, his receivers last year were freakishly good after the catch. That had little to do with him. And he runs a west coast offense, he better be over 55% or so.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 104
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:00:38 PM
Yes I agree with you...However, since you are talking last year, then 66.5% of the time the ball landed on the right spot for them to gain yards after catch. Not to mention only 15 interceptions.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >