Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brett Favre to Retire      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wizardofossington
Msg: 101
Brett Favre to RetirePage 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I agree with Bronco statement....I just think his tenure with Packers were fairly good. Brett went through a lot of adversity and still managed stay among the best. Farve finished off in a good note last year and it should stay this way, but to me he looks like he is going to ruin his legacy. I do think its time for him to retire and let the Packers gamble on Rodgers to be new QB.
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 102
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:39:07 PM
Seems now the Packers are making calls to other teams to see who wants Favre and what they will get for him!
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 103
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 12:48:22 PM
This overrated egomanical pill popper needs to go away already. First he says he's not reporting to camp because he doesn't want to be a distraction. Then Thursday he says he's going to report on Sunday. Now Sunday rolls around and he's not there.

Aaron Rogers should just stab this annoying old man.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 104
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:19:22 PM
alter ego...

he is a Diva and he always has to be in the spotlight.....I agree with you, just go away, he is getting annoying now. His feelings got hurt when the packers didnt want him back, now he is just being a big baby about it....

this is from someone who has been an average qb the last 10 years of his playing days....i will say it over and over again...he is a hall of famer, but my goodness he is overrated....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 105
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:22:37 PM
There is no reason for him to show up to camp....In the next week or so, Farve will be in a different uniform.

He has already cause enough distraction to the Packers.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 106
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:26:33 PM
I was sorta hoping his career would have ended on that forced throw against the Giants. That would have summed post-super bowl Favre up perfectly.
 jcrew617
Msg: 107
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:53:29 PM
I hope Favre doesn't get traded and then forces a 2nd trade to the Vikings.

If he does I hope GB fans boo him when he returns to lambeau field.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 108
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:57:44 PM
It's going to be funny when Favre gets traded, continues to be an INT machine, and Rogers has a great year. The only reason Favre had a great year last year was due to all of his receivers being YAC machines.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 109
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:15:16 PM

The only reason Favre had a great year last year was due to all of his receivers being YAC machines.

A QB can only be good if he has good receivers and the receivers can only be good if the have a good QB. Both need to play the game.

I agree he is INT prone, but he does manage at times to land the ball in the proper place at least 60% or better of the time....I think no matter which team he goes to, he will make it better. However he is going to need a lot of catching up to do since he missed a lot of football.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 110
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:25:49 PM
No, his receivers last year were freakishly good after the catch. That had little to do with him. And he runs a west coast offense, he better be over 55% or so.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 111
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:00:38 PM
Yes I agree with you...However, since you are talking last year, then 66.5% of the time the ball landed on the right spot for them to gain yards after catch. Not to mention only 15 interceptions.
 Farve2009
Msg: 112
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:53:38 PM
Green Bay disgusts me. If Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, or John Elway said hey i think i want to come back only 4 months after being retired you know they would let him back.This is a no brainer. it hurts me to watch this happen to him.You guys cant say he doesnt still have it, he is still an elite QB. Plus the greatest QB to ever play. You cant argue when he holds every record a QB could hold lol.Ill root for you whereever you go brett! you first green bay second. Whoop there ass this season and make them see how retarded they are.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 113
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:29:25 PM

he is still an elite[/quote[

opinion, In the nfc maybe, but "elite" means he is in the manning brady category, and he isnt even in the same universe as those two...there are only 2 elite qb's in the game, manning and brady.....PERIOD....

Plus the greatest QB to ever play

he isnt even the best qb in green bay history...ever hear of bart starr?......go check favre playoff record and then talk to me....

6 picks against rams in 2001...
4 picks against minny in 2003
and everyone knows about the pick last year in overtime, as a matter of fact, second half was horrible for favre...

You cant argue when he holds every record a QB could hold

including the most INTS in history, pretty sure he doesnt want that record.....

favre...hall of famer?...of course he is....but over the last 10 years is a average to below average qb.....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 114
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:30:13 PM

he is still an elite

opinion, In the nfc maybe, but "elite" means he is in the manning brady category, and he isnt even in the same universe as those two...there are only 2 elite qb's in the game, manning and brady.....PERIOD....

Plus the greatest QB to ever play

he isnt even the best qb in green bay history...ever hear of bart starr?......go check favre playoff record and then talk to me....

6 picks against rams in 2001...
4 picks against minny in 2003
and everyone knows about the pick last year in overtime, as a matter of fact, second half was horrible for favre...

You cant argue when he holds every record a QB could hold

including the most INTS in history, pretty sure he doesnt want that record.....

favre...hall of famer?...of course he is....but over the last 10 years is a average to below average qb.....
 steveemac
Msg: 115
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:55:20 PM

First he says he's not reporting to camp because he doesn't want to be a distraction. Then Thursday he says he's going to report on Sunday. Now Sunday rolls around and he's not there.

While I realize that this thread has basically become a Favre-haters circle jerk, perhaps someone here might be interested in the entire story:

Favre a no-show to Packers camp - for now

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports

MILWAUKEE - Brett Favre didn't report to the Green Bay Packers' training camp Sunday, temporarily easing tensions in the three-time MVP's ongoing standoff with the team.

Packers spokesman Jeff Blumb confirmed Sunday that Favre did not report to camp with Packers players, who were required to report at 7:30 a.m. CDT.

Favre told si.com that Packers general manager Ted Thompson had asked him for "a couple of days" to resolve the situation.

"I agreed to do that," Favre told the site. "I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football."

But of course, I know that I'm ignorant of some basic truths:

1) Aaron Rodgers will be a better QB than Favre-guaranteed-that's why it's so important to "move on;"
2)Packers GM Ted Thompson never, ever has been anything less that completely honest in any of his dealings with Favre or the fans here in Wisconsin.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but what the heck do I know?
 broncsbuff
Msg: 116
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:03:37 PM
steve mac....

I dont think either side has handled it very well.....BUT...I just think favre has put the packers in a horrible postition, thats all....

1. keep him as a backup?...that is a huge distraction..rodgers throws a int, its a media frenzy
2. make him the starter, rodgers will not be happy, if favre starts out as the int machine that he is, people will have a field day
3. trade him....to the nfc?...I wouldnt if I was green bay, he will have a chip on his shoulder, not that I think favre can take any team to the superbowl at this point..but favre only want to go to a winner...

bottom line, favre got his feelings hurt when teh packers didnt care one way or the other if he was gonna retire back in march, now I just think he wants to stick it to thompson

hence why I think favre is some what of a diva....
 steveemac
Msg: 117
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:30:59 PM

now I just think he wants to stick it to thompson
If this were true, I wouldn't blame him: Thompson is a duplicitious ***hole...the first thing TT did was to trade away three All-Pro linemen and draft a QB in the first round; yet he looks everybody in the eye and says, "No, we are NOT rebuilding?" While Brett Favre may not have the judgement of Joe Montana or the accuracy of -well, whoever- he is a competitor and a fighter; and quitre possibly the most popular player in Packers history. This would have all been solved four or five years ago of TT had the spine to just tell Brett, "Look, we're going in another direction from here on out; while Wolf/Holmgren/Sherman emphasised offense, my new coach and I both want to focus on building the defense up (a la the Ravens of the early part of the decade). Do you want to retire, or should we work out a trade?" Instead, he left Favre in there to take all the physical abuse that a QB will take by the inexperience of an O-line on a team that "...is NOT rebuliding..." Think about this: in 2006, the Pack started three rookies on the line FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TEAM HISTORY!! And since the Green Bay Packers played their 1st season in 1919, that's a lot of history-including the 1958 season, where the team posted it's worst showing ever: 1-10-1, yet even then they were able to find enough vets to start in at least three o-line spots.
And which team got the first go at the youthful Packers O-line, trying vainly to protect their aging QB? "Da Bearssss," who went on to win the NFC Championship.
If I was Brett, I'd be bitter, too.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 118
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 11:36:53 AM
rebuilding or not, what ever you say about brett being "bitter"....

these are facts...

over the last 10 years he is a medicore qb....good team or bad team....

I think this is what the packers are looking at....
 JWork25
Msg: 119
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 12:20:31 PM
Brett should be able to do whatever he wants to do. Before Brett, Green Bay had been a catastrophy for many years. He has been the face of that franchise and had a great season last year. I do agree, however, that Brett has to makeup his damn mind and stop making everyone wait on his decisions every year.

The Packers organization better get it together.
 MrT.
Msg: 120
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:28:22 PM
Favres favorite movie must be "Sixteen Candles". And, they're remaking the movie"A Bridge Too Far" and calling it... A Bridge Too Favre!!!
Stop crying and just go where they tell you to go. Even if they tell you to go to
The same way people complain about illegal aliens taking away our jobs, Favre is trying to take a job away from a legitimate QB.
 steveemac
Msg: 121
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:42:50 PM

Stop crying and just go where they tell you to go.
Actually, he'd like to; but they (Packers mgmt.) are the ones not making up their minds; they've been told by NFL commish Roger Goddell NOT to try to stop him from playing -which the team has alluded to considering- and work out a trade, or give him his release. This is the reason they've asked Favre not to come to camp.
The worst thing Brett is guilty of is being human, and changing his mind...and bowing to pressure from certain folks that don't have his best interests at heart.
And as far as Rodgers being a "legitimate" qb? Well, maybe-and he deserves to keep his job until he gets injured in week two...
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 122
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 1:52:48 PM
No, he'd like to be traded, but where he wants to go. The Bucs and Jets want him, he won't sign the reinstatement papers to play there.

He's a crybaby, and Rogers will have a better year than Favre if he plays this year.
 steveemac
Msg: 123
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 2:00:00 PM

No, he'd like to be traded, but where he wants to go.
Yes, it is true that Favre has a clause in his contract allowing him to veto any possible trades-but he is hardly unique in this; many "superstar" athletes have similar clauses in their contracts.

as far as Rodgers having a better year-that would involve him finishing a full year, uninjured; something he's only done once in his time in Green Bay, as the backup QB.
 unoriginal alter ego
Msg: 124
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 2:01:48 PM
It more has to do with the fact Jared Lorenzen could have a good season on that team than the fact Rogers is any good.
 GoodGuyRob
Msg: 125
Brett Favre to Retire
Posted: 7/28/2008 8:52:03 PM
I think Favre should have a heart to heart chat with Michael Jordan. Favre has a chance to leave as winner but he wants to come back. Odd are that slowly but surely if not this year his career will take a huge hit. Jordan had a chance to retire a NBA champ but for whatever reason he had to come back too and looked what happened to him? Same will happen to Favre and the teams that are interested in him are not likely in any Super Bowl hunt.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brett Favre to Retire