Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1113
why do men think they can use women for sex?Page 40 of 51    (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51)

That’s it! The most sexual part of a woman is her soul. If a man touches her soul she can’t stay away from his body

Not true for all women. I have had men "touch my soul" but there was not going to be any touching of bodies.
 MikeWM
Msg: 1116
view profile
History
why do men think they can use women for sex?
Posted: 10/28/2011 4:32:33 PM
Wouldnt this have been more acurate

Maid Marian: Wait!
Sheriff of Rottingham: What for?
Maid Marian: If you promise not to kill Robin, I shall do the most disgusting thing that I can think of.
Prince John: Oooohhh.
Sheriff of Rottingham: Oh? And what's that?
Maid Marian: I shall marry you.
Sheriff of Rottingham: What? You'll be mine? You'll give yourself to me every night? And sometimes, right after lunch?
Maid Marian: Dont be silly, I said I would marry you, not date you. Where on earth do you get the idea you'd be getting any sex once I have the security I want and the right to half your assets if you decide youre not happy with the new terms of the arrangement you silly man
Sheriff of Rottingham: In that case I shall have my revenge on robin of loxley and make him rue the day he first heard my name, I shall let HIM marry you instead

That sounds much more acurate
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 1120
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:42:27 PM
This is a question I'm wondering myself. It's amazing the lengths someone will go to. .just for this. I met someone off this site a couple of weeks ago. We met twice before he had to leave for Boston to get surgery. (I find out while talking with him on the phone while he's away that he's had skin cancer for 7 years). He says at the beginning he is looking for a relationship. However, while he was away, he didn't initiate contact all that much. When he came back on friday, I did pick him up at the airport, cooked him dinner as a welcoming back, watched movies, and just spent time at his place. We part ways saturday morning with him saying we will see each other soon, and that he'll call. I called saturday evening. .just to see how he was doing. .no call back or even a text. Before he came back, he would at least reply back. Now, nothing. . .. .:(
 ricanfreaknphenom
Msg: 1123
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:15:40 PM
We dont use anyone for sex-not unless they want us to.It works both ways, everyone wins
 GuitarHero68
Msg: 1124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 12:13:14 PM
It takes two to tango. Maybe he thought you had used him for sex, didn't appreciate being used, and refused to have anything to to do with you again.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 1125
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:39:07 PM
you disrespected your own resolve, so he didnt see any reason to respect a dissappearing boundary. As a woman who also appreciates men, I have to say, in this case, you faced consequences from YOUR part in this. You don't get to hold onto your goodytwoshoes card and put all blame on him then rant about 'all men'. yes, there are good guys and creeps both amongst men, but you BOTH are responsible for your own choices and hormones, sister.
 _shakti_
Msg: 1131
Posted: 11/21/2011 11:56:11 AM

What else besides sex can a women bring to the table?
Wow
 curlygrl
Msg: 1132
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:30:02 PM
What else besides sex can a women bring to the table? Honestly, a man's penis is just as valuable as a women's vagina. So, enough with all of this " he is just using us for sex " mess.. These women need to get their mind right and need to do so in a hurry!

What else do we bring to the table- hmmm...
A cold beer, a sandwich and some pie.

Men using women for sex- if you feel used then
something went wrong.

He was thinking in the moment- you were thinking
long term.

Happens all the time at plenty of fccktards.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1133
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 1:00:57 PM

CoffeeLovinLawyer said:

So I guess my advice is act like a nun to keep men chasing you. I have recently tried, and it works too well (sighhhhh I hate games).

Meaning no disrespect, but I suspect the problem just may be with your picker. Pick a better quality of men, and this should not be a problem.
 DrumminD
Msg: 1134
Posted: 11/21/2011 2:20:45 PM
"Why do men think they can use women for sex?"

Because they can!
 MikeWM
Msg: 1136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 4:21:44 PM

What else besides sex can a women bring to the table?

Wow

Actually I'm not so sure its such a daft question

The thread about independence and the quite vocal opinions about more traditional styles of relationships would pretty much wittle down what people DO bring to the table

And apart from sex pretty much everything else is claimed to be part of being "independant" or can just as easily be provided by platonic friends or family members

So is there really much except sex that defines modern relationships anymore?
 Tasha_Iliaynna
Msg: 1139
Posted: 11/23/2011 8:14:31 AM
A person is only going to do what u allow them to get away with...If u like me u will luv my promo video...copy and paste url http://www.bootysource.com/?p=7280deo
 _shakti_
Msg: 1140
Posted: 11/23/2011 4:51:45 PM
Mike:
The thread about independence and the quite vocal opinions about more traditional styles of relationships would pretty much wittle down what people DO bring to the table

And apart from sex pretty much everything else is claimed to be part of being "independant" or can just as easily be provided by platonic friends or family members

So is there really much except sex that defines modern relationships anymore?
So unless things are easily quantified in terms of 'me bring home bacon you cook', then somehow it all boils down to sex.. ?

Err, ok. If that is how you choose to view it. Sad and rather limiting imo.

I'm not sure what all of that has to do with feeling used though, which is what this thread is about.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 1141
Posted: 11/23/2011 5:14:58 PM
Didnt read all the posts.. But here is my Q, Did you enjoy the sex as well?? Did you hope that if you have sex with him it would be fun ?? If the answer to both is yes then no he didnt use you more then you did use him... News flash women do enjoy sex as much and even more then men do. The bottom line is you wanted it to be more and last longer and for some reason he didnt. Did it even cross your mind that maybe he thought sex would be better then it was and he just didnt think it was worth it??

Alex
 MikeWM
Msg: 1142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2011 5:18:54 PM
Actually it would be pretty self explanatory

If ALL someone sees as being of value in a relationship IS sex then when they "exchange" it as payment and their relationship doesnt arrive its going to be a big deal to them and make them feel "ripped off" and "used"

People rately complain that they "talked to someone for hours and then they didnt call me again so I feel used" do they?

To feel "used" somebody would have to percieve some kind of trade or unspoken agreement is in place. So they arent having sex because they "want to" they would be doing it under the impression theres something they will get in return (other than mutual participation in the act) which makes them feel "abused" when the bargain isnt completed

But my post was in response to subsequent posts, not the header. As threads and topics practically always expand the initial scope anyway. As what is or isnt "relevant" to a topic is wholly subjective anyway
 ShadowschildA
Msg: 1144
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:37:20 AM
He lost all respect for you when you slept with him. He tested your integrity & you failed, so in his mind your already branded a loser. Lesson learned I hope.
 Baron1644
Msg: 1145
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 1:25:10 AM
If you stick to these rules you will never get hurt.
Men give love to get sex.
Women give sex to get love.
The more love he give the more sex he gets.
The more sex she give the more love she gets.
It is a perpetual circle.
javascript:smilie('')
 biffwillard
Msg: 1146
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:14:49 AM
why do women give different rules for the same situation. based on what iv read it was no were the term rape, ur a grown woman and u made a choice. I do not like the quick chill you got from him after the fact. But in this case drop you emotions at the door, you got played. get over it . The one night stand has been around since mans existance on the planet, not the first time it happened and most certianly wont be the last
. I will also assume that you will state that the sex wasnt enjoyable.

But we dont have a corner on the getting played game, for centuries woman have been using that little God given wonder between there legs to manipulate men to do almost anything, as the bible states it will pit brother against brother and countries will fall
 sign4me17
Msg: 1147
Posted: 12/5/2011 2:55:24 AM
Why do women think they can use men to elevate their social status?

We all have blood on our hands.
 ladyinup2013
Msg: 1148
Posted: 2/12/2013 1:09:11 PM
charles, if more men were like you??

anyhow, a guy likes a challenge, when you say no, he is believing that is his cue to say YES and you are now his play. We all get caught up in the moment, and both sexes are guilty of this. Damn if we do , damned if we don't, lots of connections happen with first night sex, so you gave it a chance~you didn't know he was just using you~confront him, but don't stalk him~guys like this need a wake up call, cuz he may do this to the wrong girl down the road~and then maybe not, but pretty sure, he's on his way of becoming a womanizer~lots of those~sorry men, but it's true and you know it~
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 1149
Posted: 2/12/2013 5:51:18 PM

I went on a date with a man awhile ago. Now i made it clear to him I wasn't looking for anything serious at this time. But i also made it clear that i wasn't into one nite stands. We agreed that our relationship wouldn't be either of those things. He was so nice and gentle. Didn't make any moves at first. He looked like the average cute boy next door type. We talked for awhile, then we watched a movie. During the movie we started kissing and one thing lead to another. We ended up in bed. Now i was absolutely positive I would be seeing him again. For sure i would talk to him again. The next day I emailed him thanking him for a nice evening. He didn't respond. Ok a little rude but whatever. Days went by and nothing. I told myself that this wouldn't hurt me. But it does. I am human. How can men be so cold? I understand he doesn't want to be my b/f. Cool. But totally ignoring you, like you were the scum of the earth. That is cruel and inhuman. Is it my fault for sleeping with him on the first date? Should have i expected such treatment because of it? I guess i am too naive. I will never make that mistake again. I would like to know how other men feel about this happening to a woman.

Same reason why women think it's ok that they can use a man just for money. if you're gullible enough to put out for a man you've just met, thats more on you, then him.
 MestralWind
Msg: 1150
Posted: 2/12/2013 7:17:11 PM
Come on, really you " I wasn't looking for anything serious at this time. But i also made it clear that i wasn't into one nite stands" he gets sex, you get your nothing serious and you enjoy the sex too hopefully. what is the problem, maybe yu should have approached it by possibly, or don't bang the guy the first night. just keep your legs closed LMBO! Problem solved
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 1151
Posted: 2/12/2013 7:32:23 PM
If you slept with a virtual stranger on a first date he naturally, in the cold hard light of day lost respect for and interest in you. Men will say whatever it takes to make that conquest and you have learned a lesson I hope. Dont blame the guy, no one forced you to do it. You took a huge risk even allowing a man into your bed on such short acquaintance especially from a dating site. He may have been married or worse and you got off lightly.
You have been pumped and dumped and I hope you dont allow yourself to be treated that way again.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 1152
Posted: 2/12/2013 9:24:19 PM
OK, enough of this "being used for sex". Unless he drugged you, got you very drunk, or raped you, you wanted it just as much as he did. It's nobody's fault but your own that you had sex with him before you knew what his true intentions were. Both men and women need to stop blaming each other for the choices they make 100% on their own. You weren't used for sex, you just put out for someone that wasn't intersted in anything more.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 1153
Posted: 2/12/2013 10:14:23 PM
Lol, stop using reason and common sense in your posts rockstar, op(&the many women who continue doing this)lack those two things.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >