Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > More Rider Excitement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 buteo regalis
Msg: 23
More Rider ExcitementPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
No One has anything to say about the Riders getting First Place after 33 years??
I remember a lot of shitty seasons over the past 30+ years, and a few "almost" seasons. It's nice to finally see a first place finish.

but we've just got way more depth there than they do
This team's depth is it's strongest point; and the biggest difference between the Rider teams of recent years and some of the shitty teams of the 80s and the 90s.
(I could be wrong but) I believe in 07 and 08 the Riders lost the most man games due to injuries of any team in the leaque. Despite this, they finished 2nd each of those seasons, and won the Grey Cup in 07.
This season, despite losing a couple of starting O linemen for the entire season, they managed a 1st place finish.
It's quite a difference from the mid 90s, when at the end of every season the Riders management would blame 1 or 2 injuries as the entire reason the team missed the playoffs.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 24
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:50:47 PM

This season, despite losing a couple of starting O linemen for the entire season, they managed a 1st place finish.
It's quite a difference from the mid 90s, when at the end of every season the Riders management would blame 1 or 2 injuries as the entire reason the team missed the playoffs.

Not to mention the early 00's when poor officiating was blamed for all of our woes. Funny how that worked, wasn't it? Austin comes in, stops making excuses, and suddenly the players are excelling. It's not like we always had bad players before... most of them went on to have success with other teams. Fact was we didn't have management nor coaching that expected anything from them. All they did was live up to the expectations. Which is what they did for Austin... he just happened to have some for a change.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 25
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/17/2009 7:14:47 PM

THEY MUST NOT LOSE for the 4th time this year against the Stamps.

You mean in their 4th meeting, right? They won 2 of the other 3, and didn't lose the third one neither. It would be a shame if they started their losing streak to Calgary on Sunday.

To be honest... Calgary is a stronger team than Edmonton, but I like our chances against them better than I did against Edmonton. The Eskimos seemed to have our number this year. Richie Hall knows our team too well.

I hope it's as good of a game as it should be. The only thing worse than losing that game would be if it was like last year's West semi. But we don't have Bishop this year, so that should make a considerable difference.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 26
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:09:43 PM
Well... here we go. We've got another shot. I'm kinda glad we're taking on the Als. We haven't beat them all year. I can't remember the last time we went an entire season without beating them at least once. So this should be the game.

It was nice to get some third quarter points for a change too. Good thing too. We'd have lost otherwise. I kinda figured we matched up better against the Stamps though. Looks like that held true.

Man I'd love to be in Calgary next weekend. But the last time I went to a Grey Cup, we lost. That's why I stayed away from the game this weekend. Last time I went to a Rider home playoff game, we lost that one too. I'm just meant to experience the big wins on TV.
 buteo regalis
Msg: 27
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:45:02 PM

It was nice to get some third quarter points for a change too.
This was the team's best 3rd quarter of the year.
It was a good thing they had a great 3rd quarter after a poor first half.

I kinda figured we matched up better against the Stamps though. Looks like that held true.
I was afraid of Edmonton.
The Riders struggled against Edmonton all year, and I was relieved to learn we wouldn't have to face them. I don't really think Edmonton had a better team than Calgary or Sask. The Riders just didn't play great against them this year.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 28
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/23/2009 7:16:53 PM
The Saskatchewan board is pretty dead these days. Not like years ago.

Speaking of which, I've been spending too much time around here. It's been fun. I'm sure I'll be around again some day, but I've got to get away for now.

Have fun, and keep on bleeding green. I know I will.
 papabearTM
Msg: 29
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/27/2009 10:12:42 PM
"It sounds as though there maybe a few tickets for the grey Cup game availble through there....Stamp fans are bailing faster than sailor in a sinking boat."

Holy sh!t, you got that right...got on kijiji right after the Riders kicked a$$, and snagged couple of tickets $300 each. Now a pair of tickets are going for around the $1500 mark...surprised that these Calgarians would sell their tickets rather than be part of a party-of-all-parties and watch an awesome football game...tsk tsk

But you know what they say...Calgary is Saskatchewan's biggest city
 papabearTM
Msg: 30
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/27/2009 10:45:17 PM
Oh...I almost forgot...

HEY HANDY....5 YARD LINE ROW 5

Hehe...sorry bro...I'm gonna make sure that this haunts you for a while
 handycowboy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/28/2009 1:41:57 AM
YA YA YA .........I know it hurts .....but at least we can BOAST that ZZ TOP played at the GREATEST Grey Cup party that SASKATCHEWAN has ever seen!!!!!!!!and yes it sux that I'm Good At what I Do.....lol...... or That there is almost no one available on Grey Cup Sunday....

Any hoo .. lets keep that RIDER PRIDE alive now and forever ....BLEED GREEN!!!!!

Handy
 Gue$$who
Msg: 32
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/28/2009 5:49:09 PM
YAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo good luck to the Riders tommorrow. Save me a seat at the bar !
 LLCool_James
Msg: 33
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/29/2009 10:54:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHA YOU SASKATCHEWAN MELLONHEADS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 Gue$$who
Msg: 34
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/30/2009 4:29:57 PM
my 2 cents

was not just the last play of the game, the last quarter Montreal picked up alot of points, sure the 13 men didnt help in the end, but maybe it should have never gotten down to the last few seconds of the game??? eh?
 HorsinAround60
Msg: 35
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 12/4/2009 7:37:37 AM
I'm still wearing my Riders Shirt with pride. Fact is that the Al's were the favored team to start with, and we (SK) played extremely well. Lost by 1 point. That was a great game.
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 36
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 12/18/2009 6:48:08 AM
Haven't heard about the pres in Winnipeg but the coach is done, supposedly before he was arrested for assault, but seemingly afterward.........

I still doubt we will get competition in the labour day game but meh, you never know. Afterall it is CFL Football, anyone on any given sunday can be competitive.

ONLY seven months and about a week until opening Day!!!!!!!
 ROLLERCOASTER_RIDER
Msg: 37
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:56:24 PM
Well...looks like the Rider GM resigned

I wander what kind of punishment he would of received from the judge if he was not affiliated with the Riders....would it of been the same? You here so much about the celebrity types recieving special treatment periodically.
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 38
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:10:53 AM
Stirring it up again trubble???

to be honest, Tillman did win a Grey cup with the Riders.
He joined the organization late in 2006 - Riders win with Kent Austin as a Head Coach in 2007 (Tillman's first acquisition)
they made the playoffs the next year and made the finals again this year - with Tillman managing from his house - he never went to the field once after he was accused/arrested.

Yes I believe that Tillman is a football genius for finding raw talent and making it work.
I don't believe that he should be left alone with children however.
the part about his 'discharge' that I didn't like was: if he was that out of it that he could not remember making the pass, why did they not arrest him and charge him with DWI?
he admitted to driving home did he not?
but could not remember making a pass after he got there?

anyway, his football mind will be missed.
his antics at home, not so much.
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 39
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/12/2010 8:24:55 AM
this was first reported in the media before the football season began, maybe even a year ago.....

I say genius as most had written off the riders and Tillman comes in and with new coaches and new talent, guides the team to a grey cup in the first year.
pocklington was a genius in the fact he tried new avenues of talent (messier was in Junior B when drafted, still unheard of I believe)

was Tillman a great human, no. Did he do great things for the Sask Riders football club?
I believe he did.

maybe those above and below him learned a little bit and we can continue winning??!!!!(about football!)
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 40
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:53:18 PM
and it continues......
Bombers are getting set to announce Paul LaPolice as their new Head Coach
then TSN announces...
Stevie Baggs has signed with the Arizona Cardinals........

Playoffs? maybe, should be an interesting year, keeping up the Rider Pride, it is going to be a good one!
believe me?
lets talk about this ocean front property I got.....
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 41
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:01:02 PM
All that said, we still can't be worse than the Eskimos!!!!
LMAO

the season will present some challengs no doubt, but isn't that the same for everyone (except maybe the Allouettes....)

Go Riders!!!!!
July Long weekend right???? Just a little over 4 months away!
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 42
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:06:32 AM
Easy Now!!!
I look at it this way...
At least the Riders Players concentrated on playing Football instead of training on how to push a sled for the last 11 months (Lueders quotes from the olympics that Jesse trained for 11 months) only to place 5th in Two man.

but I would be willing to bet that Jesse pulls something at Esks training camp this spring.....
LOL
Go Riders!!!
 ROLLERCOASTER_RIDER
Msg: 43
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 7/1/2010 8:29:01 PM
Great win against Montreal....altough the Riders still need to work on keeping the 13th man off the field a little more.
 Papabear4EVR
Msg: 44
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 7/18/2010 4:53:03 PM
We figgered a sure fire way of keeping that 13th dumb-ass off the field...

When they go to huddle in the last 5 minutes of the game, have the quarterback take a 12 pack of PILSNER with him and hand out the beers. Whoever is left standing without a beer in hand, GET THE F*CK OFF THE FIELD!!!!!

reheme
Msg: 45
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 10/31/2010 9:57:30 PM
My mother and I were talking about this today. She said she still likes Tillman and doesn't grudge him an income even if it is with a rival team. I know the man has a right to make a living, but how am I supposed to not be annoyed it is with Edmonton? He could have had an income with the Roughriders and he messed it up. Now we have to see him leading a rival team and being successful, and as if we were the ones that did something wrong we are supposed to wish him the best? No, I can't do it. I can't wish him the best on a Canadian team. I could wish him the best on an American team, but not a rival team.
As far as the behavior, my mother was said something about it being the team that sent him home for acting wierd that day or he never would have been there....I asked her if she was suggesting it was the fault of the team. How were they supposed to anticipate he'd go home and dry hump the babysitter? Maybe he wasn't thinking like he normally would, but I just don't buy that he was completely incapable of controlling the behavior. He said 10 seconds ruined his dream job, but it was his ten seconds not ours.
 Papabear4EVR
Msg: 46
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/21/2010 5:07:10 PM
YEAAAAAHHHHH GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just listening to a Calgary station and whinewhinewhine, b!tchb!tchb!tch...was an awesome game, so they have nothing to be complaining about.

Now...IT"S REVENGE TIME

GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 crazyindian69
Msg: 47
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/28/2010 7:52:48 PM
It was a good game, not bad for a 10-8 record
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > More Rider Excitement