Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > More Rider Excitement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 51
view profile
History
More Rider ExcitementPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Thats the spirit "horsey" ! Thats what has made us fans the most obnoxious group to others around.
By the way, you beat me !
I had to change out of my green Rider shorts yesterday
....they were starting to look like the Cleveland Browns!!
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 52
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 12/17/2009 9:19:28 PM
LOOK OUT RIDERS!!

The Bombers have retired Lyle Bauer their Pres. and their coach is likely to follow shortly. NOW you will get some Labour Day Competition.
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 53
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 12/18/2009 6:48:08 AM
Haven't heard about the pres in Winnipeg but the coach is done, supposedly before he was arrested for assault, but seemingly afterward.........

I still doubt we will get competition in the labour day game but meh, you never know. Afterall it is CFL Football, anyone on any given sunday can be competitive.

ONLY seven months and about a week until opening Day!!!!!!!
 ROLLERCOASTER_RIDER
Msg: 54
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:56:24 PM
Well...looks like the Rider GM resigned

I wander what kind of punishment he would of received from the judge if he was not affiliated with the Riders....would it of been the same? You here so much about the celebrity types recieving special treatment periodically.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 55
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:38:56 PM
Yes ! I am not sure either.

From a football point of view, I think the Rider fans owe Tilly a huge amount of gratitude. This club had went from one controversy to another....from poor personnell to better and then back to poor but never great ...until he came along.

Believe me! I was one of his least fans. Something about when I saw him on TV just irritated me before he came to the Riders....but he was either a football genius or a very...very lucky manager. I think a little of both applies.

But seriously! How many celebs could or should be held up as "role models"....very few , if any. I think we all need to re-evaluate how much we "idolize" sports , entertainment and even political personalities.. You can admire a skill and an ability without making the person your fantasy image of who you would like to be.

In the case of Tillman, we can't be sure he was treated any different than any other middle class father with no previous record who under similar circumstances crossed a forbidden boundary.

If the news media is accurate(something I put very little trust in) from what I have heard. He stepped over a boundary...didn't take it to any further extremes but obviously scared the hell out of one fragile teenager. Defintely wrong! Definitely inappropriate! But was it significant enough that he deserved to spend time in jail...and the rest of his life with a criminal record? I can only say that a judge with MORE INFO than I have, weighed the trauma he caused against the trauma he suffered through this and made this decision. I HAVE to trust it was the RIGHT DECISION.
 trubblemakr
Msg: 56
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/11/2010 1:15:49 AM
owe him gratitude? are you for real?
the guy tried to molest a teenager
you credit him on his job and ignore his actions at home where his children sleep?seriously dude your priorities are way off base
screw the football angle , the guy pretended to accept responsibility , then he blamed his actions on a mixture of pain medication what a joke ,he couldnt even admit he was hot for the baby sitter, and took his first chance to try n poke her, then , because he was a rich guy he got let off with a charge that would have landed anyone else in prison
not even a criminal record,no dna given to sexual offender database nothing
thats a total miscarriage of justice and only goes to prove that if you have cash , you can get off
the trauma he sufferd? was the trauma he caused
noone made him try n pump the babysitter gimme a break
if it was your daughter,im sure youd be a tad more angled against the rights of the violator

and fyi ,they never won the cup , so technically he didnt do anything differently than any other gm they never got the cup either
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 57
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:10:53 AM
Stirring it up again trubble???

to be honest, Tillman did win a Grey cup with the Riders.
He joined the organization late in 2006 - Riders win with Kent Austin as a Head Coach in 2007 (Tillman's first acquisition)
they made the playoffs the next year and made the finals again this year - with Tillman managing from his house - he never went to the field once after he was accused/arrested.

Yes I believe that Tillman is a football genius for finding raw talent and making it work.
I don't believe that he should be left alone with children however.
the part about his 'discharge' that I didn't like was: if he was that out of it that he could not remember making the pass, why did they not arrest him and charge him with DWI?
he admitted to driving home did he not?
but could not remember making a pass after he got there?

anyway, his football mind will be missed.
his antics at home, not so much.
 trubblemakr
Msg: 58
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/11/2010 1:26:49 PM
kinda like like saying hitlers architectural skills will be missed, but his humanitarian efforts wont? you dont cover up a mans failures with some assumed achievement.no matter how rich or formidable he may appear status wise
cmon , a genius ? for one win?maybe for 5 wins in a row.but one? thats not genius , thats luck or being fortunate
pocklington was a genius, he is hated however .
i didnt realize the gms went out into the field and hunted talent
i always thought that was the job of the scouters and associated individuals appointed to finding talent.
this isnt an honest man, he tried to pay off the babysitter over the term this was being handled in the joke of a court system
so it isnt like it happened, he accepted responsibility and apologized. this guy tried to wiggle his way out of it for over a yr before it became public
anyone know the first date this story was actually publicized?
i first heard of it like 3 wks ago i think
so many issues in this case are unfair and biased its just pathetic , including the impaired driving he admitted to
is there any proof he was on a mixture of meds? ie blood tests, etc. it would be interesting to know if hes lying about that as well. since when is heresay admissable in a court of law?
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 59
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/12/2010 8:24:55 AM
this was first reported in the media before the football season began, maybe even a year ago.....

I say genius as most had written off the riders and Tillman comes in and with new coaches and new talent, guides the team to a grey cup in the first year.
pocklington was a genius in the fact he tried new avenues of talent (messier was in Junior B when drafted, still unheard of I believe)

was Tillman a great human, no. Did he do great things for the Sask Riders football club?
I believe he did.

maybe those above and below him learned a little bit and we can continue winning??!!!!(about football!)
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 60
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/16/2010 2:02:03 PM
Thanks for that in put NL sleepsalone...remind me nevr to pee in trubbles porridge.....I am sure he would want me hung! By the testis no doubt!

Trubble bubble....I hope you are perfect enough that you never make any mistakes ..ever in your life. And then never require some compassion nor forgiveness.

I don't want this to be a justification of Tillman....because that is not something have any sufficient knowledge to be sure of....frankly no one except Tillman and the baby sitter does.

However, I saw the guy on TV and based on this and how it all played out in the media...and finally on the judges decision, I personally think the guy is genuinely remorseful and unlikely to repeat.

If it had been my daughter, he would have had a "licken" placed on him and had he shown similar remorse I think I could then let it go. And from there let the guy try and re-build his life and learn a lesson.

But I have lived too long....made too many mistakes myself...and had too many cause me hurt due to mistakes they made.....to ever feel, that if someone can admit their wrong and make steps to correct or change, then I certainly can forgive and try to move on.

However there is one thing I dislike...nay hate.....and loath. Is someone who just goes about life thinking they can EXCUSE their bad behavior...JUSTIFY their bad behavior...and DENY DENY DENY as if they are above needing forgiveness !
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 61
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 1/23/2010 7:34:55 PM
Well its FINAL!!

Blue Bombers reject is the Riders new great white hope!! By the way, how many black GMs of football do we have in the CFL??? Interesting eh?
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 62
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:53:18 PM
and it continues......
Bombers are getting set to announce Paul LaPolice as their new Head Coach
then TSN announces...
Stevie Baggs has signed with the Arizona Cardinals........

Playoffs? maybe, should be an interesting year, keeping up the Rider Pride, it is going to be a good one!
believe me?
lets talk about this ocean front property I got.....
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 63
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:52:49 AM
OUCH!!
The loss of that personnel is going hurt alot....ALOT!!

Ritchie and now La Police...in two seasons....

The loss of players is serious enough....but you only have to look at the 2008 season to realize that coaching...good scouting...good signings can mean much more than any one player.

Lest ye forget so easy.....the Riders fielded a very competitive team inspite of countless injuries....perhaps more injuries than any team had ever experienced in one season.

I was never a big fan of the Riders' new GM, when he was in Bomberville. He definitely is not the football genius that Tillman was. But he does have experience...and its possible he has learned from mistakes...and he is originally from Sask. and he must have some humility and committment t football. So hey! Why not give him a chance.

But the road ahead does not look smooth at all...AT ALL!
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 64
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:01:02 PM
All that said, we still can't be worse than the Eskimos!!!!
LMAO

the season will present some challengs no doubt, but isn't that the same for everyone (except maybe the Allouettes....)

Go Riders!!!!!
July Long weekend right???? Just a little over 4 months away!
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 65
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/22/2010 5:40:02 PM
Hey at least The Esks sent a player to the Olympics...Jesse Lumsden.....who will probably stub his toe and gop on the injury list.
 NO Longer sleepsalone
Msg: 66
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:06:32 AM
Easy Now!!!
I look at it this way...
At least the Riders Players concentrated on playing Football instead of training on how to push a sled for the last 11 months (Lueders quotes from the olympics that Jesse trained for 11 months) only to place 5th in Two man.

but I would be willing to bet that Jesse pulls something at Esks training camp this spring.....
LOL
Go Riders!!!
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 67
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 5/1/2010 9:52:28 AM
TIME for the 2010 Chapter of Rider Excitement

LOTS of change this year....yet something very familiar and old!!

Check out the roster for the Saskatchewan Rough Riders and tell me if it isn't starting to look a little like the 2007 Grey Cup LOSERS Blue Bombers ???

Well they almost nearly won it with a rookie QB (Dinwiddie)who appears to be coming here as Durant's Back up.

From what I can see there are some big names on offence this year....we could have one heck of an offensive team

But the defence??? I think we had best roll out speed bumps to slow down the other teams' offences.

Whats YOU R take Rider fans, on some of the changes.....including the possiblity that K. Joseph might return??
 ROLLERCOASTER_RIDER
Msg: 68
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 7/1/2010 8:29:01 PM
Great win against Montreal....altough the Riders still need to work on keeping the 13th man off the field a little more.
 Papabear4EVR
Msg: 69
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 7/18/2010 4:53:03 PM
We figgered a sure fire way of keeping that 13th dumb-ass off the field...

When they go to huddle in the last 5 minutes of the game, have the quarterback take a 12 pack of PILSNER with him and hand out the beers. Whoever is left standing without a beer in hand, GET THE F*CK OFF THE FIELD!!!!!

TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 70
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 7/19/2010 10:25:46 AM
That might work!! It just might work.....I just hope the Quarterback makes sure he takes one....
However, it seems the problem does not exist with the Offence...its Special Teams and Defence...and I don't think they huddle...LOL!!
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 71
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 10/13/2010 3:17:55 PM
No comments here yet?? Come on someone!! Please start the complaints against Durand, Miller etc.

My biggest peave with the Ridrs this year is summed up in two words:
Dug Berries! ....
With a name like that no wonder the offence stinks....Everyone knows you don't dig berries , ...you pick them!

Winnipeg's reject should not be the Riders hope for a good offence...that man took his team to the Grey Cup one year , and in the next with the same players....DESTROYED the Bomber Offence! with disillusionment and frustration....Sound familiar??

And whoever is the Special Teams coach should be fired!
 reheme
Msg: 72
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 10/31/2010 9:57:30 PM
My mother and I were talking about this today. She said she still likes Tillman and doesn't grudge him an income even if it is with a rival team. I know the man has a right to make a living, but how am I supposed to not be annoyed it is with Edmonton? He could have had an income with the Roughriders and he messed it up. Now we have to see him leading a rival team and being successful, and as if we were the ones that did something wrong we are supposed to wish him the best? No, I can't do it. I can't wish him the best on a Canadian team. I could wish him the best on an American team, but not a rival team.
As far as the behavior, my mother was said something about it being the team that sent him home for acting wierd that day or he never would have been there....I asked her if she was suggesting it was the fault of the team. How were they supposed to anticipate he'd go home and dry hump the babysitter? Maybe he wasn't thinking like he normally would, but I just don't buy that he was completely incapable of controlling the behavior. He said 10 seconds ruined his dream job, but it was his ten seconds not ours.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 73
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/4/2010 11:25:35 AM
Yes! That is a good point. The Rider fans and team , once again, suffer due to the actions of a few or in the case of Tillman...one!

Its happened before...ie. Paul Mc .

Its the unfortunate circumstances that Regina is such a small centre that the stigma could not be avoided. Had this happened in Toronto or Vancouver there may have been no problem.

Personally, I think the controversy with Tillman may have been a blessing in disguise for him...at least I hope so. Had he gotten away with his actions he quite likely would have escalated....no, I don't think this was just a one time drug induced problem. But perhaps now he and his family can deal with it.

Lets compare this to another coach....Graham James...fairly successful in Junior hockey. This PERPETRATOR got away with his sickness and escalated it because people were too embarassed or afraid to come forward. There are rumours afloat that many people (and don't mean just the players he coached) knew or strongly suspected his sickness for many years before he was exposed. I am sure he felt empowered by apathy of those did not come forward.

However, back to football. Our loss is Edmonton's gain....but so is the loss of Ritchie Hall, LaPolice, and Stevie Bagg....

Good management MUST BE prepared for this...all organizations face it....they are paid to think ahead....Our management I think have gotten lazy and I think they are taking the huge Riders support across this country for granted.

Come on now! Look at the history behind Taman, Berry and Daly in Winnipeg...and that is RECENT HISTORY...without digging up old ghosts. I am surprised that they didn't hire Winnipeg's ex-president who was encouraged to retire. Sure they all have some success in the past but that was long ago..There must be better candidates than them out there. The Bombers haven't won a Grey Cup in how many years?? 20 ?? And our Rider brass bring in the people who were responsible for a good chunk of that time.

Rather, look at how long The Alouttes have been on top of the league....going way back to their Baltimore days....they have turned over many good people during that time....many of them to the benefit of other teams...but they continually have looked ahead and found good replacements
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 74
view profile
History
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/15/2010 11:41:05 AM
Inspite of my above reservations...I am happy to confirm another fact:

B.C. Sucks! B.C. Sucks !

Now the season gets REAL Interesting!!
 Papabear4EVR
Msg: 75
More Rider Excitement
Posted: 11/21/2010 5:07:10 PM
YEAAAAAHHHHH GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just listening to a Calgary station and whinewhinewhine, b!tchb!tchb!tch...was an awesome game, so they have nothing to be complaining about.

Now...IT"S REVENGE TIME

GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > More Rider Excitement