Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anitasheba1
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime? Page 16 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I do not understand some men on this dating site. They talk to you chat and than talk to you on the phone and sometimes never meet you or just never get in contact with you again and where are all the good men out here in Kentucky in the lexington area.......... I do not get it at all
 anitasheba1
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime?
Posted: 7/12/2008 8:27:26 PM
Hey sexy I like the picture in the cowboy hat
 ck1time
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:08:48 PM
Of course U deserve a real man, a man without a face or body, just like you.
 supermikedee
Msg: 240
Posted: 7/12/2008 10:15:46 PM

Forum Troll Removed from the forums
 michaeloneill
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 1:52:25 AM
i am one guy who is looking for a lifetime of love, however it seems no women are, nobody wants commitment anymore last girl i was seeing for just over four months not long i know but long enough to consider yourself together, decided that she wanted to see other guys at the same time depite telling me she loved me!!! no sense at all, so you see its not just guys who dont want the real deal
 countryboyperry
Msg: 245
Posted: 7/13/2008 4:03:57 AM
yes because i am one...please keep on looking,but i suggest you do not allow a man to use you and not to let this search for a mate comsume your life to the point you can not enjoy your daily life.........i am still looking my self.....perry
 ck1time
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:15:40 PM
Hurrah for the lost women! They keep us in tune...
Barfing away, we hot, well-endowed, good-looking & well-to-do men keep trying anyway.
Just, we won't even pay for your cup of coffee anymore.
 Wiccanwolf
Msg: 252
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:05:08 PM
To me I feel that's the true meaning of dating to find true love. It's hard for us guys too. Looking for a woman that wants forever. One thing you can try is this: See most women have that one guy they only see as a friend. He could be the nicest and sweetest guy in the world, the kind of guy that has always been there for them. But for some reason the woman won't date him. Most of the time is because he's too nice and they don't wanna ruin thier friend ship. If you have a guy like that try dating him. My best friend of 20 years just had a conversation the other day about this. she even said to me she never understood why she never dated me. She used to think about how i was such a great guy. I love her dearly as a friend and as someone to this day I would date. But we are both happy with the way things are.
Anyway try that nice guy and see what happens.
 e52inf
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:39:58 AM
Leah,

"Why you keep running into the same scenarios..." is because you're choosing the same kind of 'guy'. Every one IS different...doing the "...same types of things," is because they're being allowed to do them. Do what YOU want to do if what they want to do is so objectionable -show some 'spine', and stop whining. As log as you continue to be 'controlled' (to whatever extent), there'll be those that'll take control -figure out who's going to decide what your life is going to be: YOU, or them.

Randy
 We_Design_Our_Lives
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/31/2008 9:05:37 AM
firegurl61-17 says...

>> Don't give too much too soon when meeting someone...mystery is a good thing. It keeps them interested...

No...it doesn't. Mystery doesn't keep us interested...it makes us mad just like it does to anyone we purposely play games with.

Not saying to say everything...that's just dumb...but if you find a good trusting person and you play this 'hard to get' game with them all it does is cause resentment. Play games with people who are playing games with you....a pickup situation or such.... but if you find someone kind and decent they will just resent you big time and always, ALWAYS, feel you're not being up front with them.
 Nietzschehrt
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/31/2008 9:18:26 AM
No, there are really NO men looking for this.
Not in this modern age.
In all respect, this Cinderella dream is the thing that causes more woman to be un-happy....more than any thing else.
The Queen Victorian era writers that wrote Cinderalla are long gone.
Their world has past .
Make way for the Caliphate.
 tra78
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 8:39:15 PM
yes, im one. i hate dating, i love the butterflies, but its a big audition. i would rather be with the person who thinks their the lucky one than to be with a different person everynight. im not the best looking or biggest guy out there, so i go out of my way to make sure that my girl knows how i feel about her, & how lucky i am. why dont all women appreciate that?
 HISpoema1972
Msg: 267
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:31:17 PM
I'd just like to say, the door swings both ways on that front. Less is more. Go fishing, bait the hook, though not for the bait and switch (that's just not kind, in fact is a bit perverted), be real, and catch a few fish.
-Michael
 degostyle
Msg: 268
Posted: 9/5/2008 1:39:17 PM
God I hope to find the love of my life soon. Im getting tired of fishing
 Dancing Gem
Msg: 271
Posted: 10/2/2008 11:44:13 PM
I agree with you completely.
Some men, moreso the extremely iontelligent and disordered from bad p[arenting.. issues that "the model" has not resolved..
So this man has become want tio insult, disrepect and use women, minimize their iontelligene, get off onn making a mermID OR A MATCH DOT COMMER FEEL BAD HERSELF.
yHERE are MEAN MEN WHO ARE not MARRIAGE MATERIAL?

i BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE SWWET KIND ME OUT THERE WHO HAVE JHAD LOOOOONG MARRIGES THAT FAILED, TGHY REMEMBER THE BEST PARTS OF THE MARRIAGE, AND C R A V E THAT CLOSENESS AGAIN,.

tHESE MEN , WHO DON'T YELL AT YOU, BUT SPEAK TO YOU , QUIETLY, WHEN THEY ARE UPSET WITH YOU OR THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES..... ARE RRARE i THINK..
I had maen Pete Smillie on March dot com to be pete now, and now John Barrymore, godofmischief, who conned me into lending himn 500 follars in our first datwe... is a M E A N self cented man, almost a sociopath, who thrives , thrived on cuttiong me down... after the loan.

Granson of Lionel Barymore, and not one reason for a sane self respecting woman to be in relationship with him

The loan, I dont mind bneing a mark once in my like, its a learning experience, but I do miond the abuse that some men put out..\
I am thin, and one bad fish tiold me UI wqas a junkie as I am emaciated..
I explained that infact I need to stay thin bexcause of a faulty pancreas... and that I am entirely into healty living and lifestyle.
He also told me I was inappropriately drressed, when the OPPOSITE was true.
Jeans and teashirt in my college town WAS perfect, and he wore golfers clothes

I got him.\
I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu.. bagged it .. took it home..Lasted four meals

I dont eat much.

Yes, there are A holes and angels

Just keep our mind abd hearts open that magic can happen

Allthe men are not Pete Smillies and John Barrymores.... godofmischief, the b p d , socioppath CRUEL, mysogynist.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2008 9:40:43 PM
Yes. You turned them down, ignored them or put them in the "friend zone".
 eagle20022
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2008 3:53:36 PM
Not all guys are as you may think. Most guys, yes I do agree but not all. I for one have always looked forward to being married and settling down and having a family. I work hard and make sure that my priorities are taken care of before any extras are done. I was married for about 3 years and was with her for about 1.5 years before we got married. I ended the relationship when I found out that she had been cheating on me for the last 2 years that we were together. I love to cuddle and actually prefer it over sex. Sex is one of the largest problems when it comes to a relationship. People seem to have forgotten the meaning that sex is meant to have. I believe that in order to have a good relationship and to make it last that there must first be a solid foundation. Most relationships anymore base their foundation on sex and that is a poor foundation to start a relationship on. I personally am looking for a woman that has the same outlook in life and roughly the same goals. Its not all in just what you like or what you don't like or about your past, but how you see your future. When you look to the way that you would like your future to be then in order for it to be that way then you need to find a partner that sees his/her future in about the same way. There will be differences and there will be problems and arguments but that's what happens when you are working with 2 different minds, its normal. It's coming to an agreement or just working things out that will make a relationship stronger and more pure. People think that love is all that you need, though love is the most powerful force in the world, it comes in so many different levels that its hard to know what exactly your feeling for the other person and it can change as time goes on. If both work at it and both give a little at times then what you feel for one another will grow to an unbreakable bond.
 catman50
Msg: 282
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:56:59 AM
I am in wisconsin . and of all the woman I went with . NONE of them wants a long term relationship . I AM NOT into those one nighters . I want her to be with me now , when get old and when we die . don't woman want a man who will treat them good ? my ex is still freinds with me . even she says of all her freinds , I am still the only one who takes time to see her . out of 20 freinds . every one of her ex's have told her no . well , it is nice to have SOMEONE to do something with . OF all the men she dated . I am thee only one who she trusts .
 Khamrun
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:51:23 AM
Deserve? Ummm…. I guess I could say you deserve “entitlement” issues but you have that already. Be a little more interesting and learn to have more confidence in yourself (read, write, learn, teach, mentor). We like that better and find it more attractive.
 eagle20022
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 7:30:11 PM
There are some guys out there that are looking for someone that can keep them interested in a relationship, but there are some good guys out there that are just looking for a woman that they can trust to be there and to be faithful to them. I for one am looking for that myself. I love to cuddle and I always go that extra mile to try and make someone happy. I have been burned and used in the past but still yet I keep doing the same thing. I only hope that one day I can find a woman that will want me for me for the long run and not just a fling until someone else comes along. Love is somewhat over rated when it comes to a relationship I would just be happy with being content to know that there is someone there that I know won't leave me just because of someone else coming along.
 HoneyForLife
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2008 9:11:02 PM
I will tell you my experience. I had found a lovely woman. I grew to love that woman in a way I did not even know was possible. The problem is I am a hopeless romantic. We were togehter 5 months. I gave her my entire heart. ALL of it. I loved her with every breath of being. She inspired me.

We were in every way completely compatable except for her jealousy. She had crappy men in her past which caused her to cage her heart and feel jealousy. I simply could not figure out how I could love her so much and she could think that about another woman. We are not talking attractive ones.

I have come to realize that I had pushed our relationship too quickly and she need more time. People process at different speeds. For whatever reason some people need the challenge of the hunt. They figure if it is too easy to get it does not have value. Screwed up yes, true I'll bet a lunch
 WanderingRain
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 12:14:06 AM
There aren't any.
We are all just out to get into your pants.
 grego1001
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 7:34:21 PM
Certainly there are men looking for true love for a lifetime, however, I can only speak for myself.

But I believe that in order to grow, I have found it necesary to remember the true definition of giving(below), and realize that in both men's and womens'' cases the dating scene has gone commercial. I do for your and you do for me AND each measures the quality of the exchange, thinking, "I gotta find this quality better than before because I was eventually dissappointed ...or seek another." Thus the seeking/shopping game that takes what should be a personal introduction service into a mall of serial-daters, parallel daters, gang daters...

I never grew up knowing this B.S.
1 spouse for 1 spouse. yet my mom was a major believer in the NOW movement.

My parents had it right, Giving is just that... "giving without expectation of something in return." Anything other than this is business. If we take the finder's approach as opposed to a seeker's approach then patience and long- term is the "implied" in the relationship.

Ya get what ya give. so learn how to give whithout expecting something in return.
There's plenty of evaluation of transactions in the business world.

My thoughts , not yours
 mitchchan
Msg: 302
Posted: 12/11/2008 8:15:36 AM
I know the feeling sense of loss and disappointment trying to find genuine men who are looking for a serious LTR... I can't understand that sometimes they take a good woman for granted. That's why I would prefer establishing a strong friendship instead.

I think I can understand when you're in a mindset of hunting 'the one', you tend to get disappointed and bitter with results. I would prefer 'not to look' for it instead and let him find me instead.

The old saying - "If you watch a kettle, it never boils"
 paul53206
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:46:12 PM
there are plenty of men out there to fit the bill, the problem is . that men and women are not really focus on what they really want, that man or woman that said akind word to you or even opened a door for you was probaly the right person , but you never gave a second thought. i always say , if you want someone that drinks , go to a bar. if you want a good person, change your surrondings, try zoo, parks, ect...

but the biggest misstake woman and men make is , we think that PRETTY pays the bill.
true love and lifetime partners does not come with looks . but it comes with , what's in the heart
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >