Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WanderingRain
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime? Page 17 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
There aren't any.
We are all just out to get into your pants.
 grego1001
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime?
Posted: 11/29/2008 7:34:21 PM
Certainly there are men looking for true love for a lifetime, however, I can only speak for myself.

But I believe that in order to grow, I have found it necesary to remember the true definition of giving(below), and realize that in both men's and womens'' cases the dating scene has gone commercial. I do for your and you do for me AND each measures the quality of the exchange, thinking, "I gotta find this quality better than before because I was eventually dissappointed ...or seek another." Thus the seeking/shopping game that takes what should be a personal introduction service into a mall of serial-daters, parallel daters, gang daters...

I never grew up knowing this B.S.
1 spouse for 1 spouse. yet my mom was a major believer in the NOW movement.

My parents had it right, Giving is just that... "giving without expectation of something in return." Anything other than this is business. If we take the finder's approach as opposed to a seeker's approach then patience and long- term is the "implied" in the relationship.

Ya get what ya give. so learn how to give whithout expecting something in return.
There's plenty of evaluation of transactions in the business world.

My thoughts , not yours
 mitchchan
Msg: 302
Posted: 12/11/2008 8:15:36 AM
I know the feeling sense of loss and disappointment trying to find genuine men who are looking for a serious LTR... I can't understand that sometimes they take a good woman for granted. That's why I would prefer establishing a strong friendship instead.

I think I can understand when you're in a mindset of hunting 'the one', you tend to get disappointed and bitter with results. I would prefer 'not to look' for it instead and let him find me instead.

The old saying - "If you watch a kettle, it never boils"
 paul53206
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:46:12 PM
there are plenty of men out there to fit the bill, the problem is . that men and women are not really focus on what they really want, that man or woman that said akind word to you or even opened a door for you was probaly the right person , but you never gave a second thought. i always say , if you want someone that drinks , go to a bar. if you want a good person, change your surrondings, try zoo, parks, ect...

but the biggest misstake woman and men make is , we think that PRETTY pays the bill.
true love and lifetime partners does not come with looks . but it comes with , what's in the heart
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >