Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bearded_romantic
Msg: 115
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime? Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

MusicalJewels:

I think people are trying, but in a confused and uncoordinated manner - probably because until you have experienced a real connection with someone, you don't necessarily know what you are missing

Bingo!! The best post of the thread.

I'm a "true romantic", and have had no problem meeting awesome women who are also seeking "the last love of my life"

At least 12 since last June -- but only one from POF. Only one date with her, and I got into a committed relationship, but I have no doubt she was looking for the same thing and would have had several dates minimum.

I know what you mean about not knowing what you're missing. I had a incredibly intimate relationship a short while back, starting with a 10-hour first phone call. We had some issues getting into the end zone together ... but now I refuse to settle for less.

I tell every woman I meet that I want to be like those pictures we've all seem, the couple in their 80s, looking at each other in adoration. That's on the first date.

The prime ingredient: intimacy. Verbal and emotional. Not everyone is capable of being that committed to their partner, especially if they're younger with all sorts of other demands. And maybe it's just easier at my age (66), when all those external mountains have been scaled.
 marvin44
Msg: 118
Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime?
Posted: 3/23/2008 12:17:41 AM
yes im looking but, really havent found her yet, thought i had her last time, come too find out she more in love with the horses, belive it or not,as soon as i got her what she wanted she turn off, her fealing for me, turned towards the horses, tock her away from the hourse and she left for a other horse farm in texas,i can be so BLIND at times, we still played in bed but that not what i,m taking about,its about getting hugs when come home from work,dont need too say hun give a hug, we both worked out side the home, but i did 90 %, of the house work, really all i wanted too trade was the ture love, sleep on a chair, think she would think too cover you no way ,asks too have her back rubed when it hurts, but if i came home with a back ack you think she would hell no , i made a big mistake, but i did learn from it for sure, i have 11 girlfriend now all, treat me quit driffently too, but still there not the one im looking for, all my girl know that there not the only one in my life so we are still friends
 bearded_romantic
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:48:06 PM

ask him for his definition of love

Or his idea an ideal relationship, which I recently added to my profile on the advice of a few dates who became good friends. I also mention it on our first contact. And I ask the same of her.

I'm reasonably selective, I think, but I want to meet any woman who comes close to the "ideal" profile. There are so many "intangibles" and not just chemistry.
 Raymond2009
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:57:17 PM
I am looking for that, where do you live?
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/26/2008 2:11:59 PM

Are there any men that are truly looking for a deep & lasting connection with a woman?

I would if more women were doing the same. Chances are, despite protests to the contrary, they are not, either.
 catman40
Msg: 136
Posted: 3/27/2008 5:19:48 AM
I ben saying that for a long time . a good man . honest . some say I tell the woman way too much . a loving man who likes it when a woman shows him her love . oh , and I want you for a long long long time .
 degostyle
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/27/2008 3:03:21 PM
Well, Im 31 years old. Growing up, all my friends said that if anyone is going to get married first, it would be me because even at 16 all I thought about was having a family...now low and behold, those same friends are the ones married and still married and I havent even come close. I still think the same way, its just that women in my age bracket for some reason are now not wanting to settle down. I have been looking for an older woman now with very little results. I think Im an average guy, but women between 30 and 40 only want guys with the 6 pack. They say they are looking for romance and what not, but the realization is, ur not going to find that in a guy who walks around with his shirt off all day. Why? Because he thinks or knows hes the shit, so if a woman tries to tie him down, he knows he can drop her and find someone else to "play with" for a while. Women in my age bracket havent opended their eyes to it and because of it, more and more women arer becoming single mothers. I may not be "Brad Pitt", but I challenge ANY woman to find a man who treats a woman as good as I do. But, unfortunently, hopeless romantics, like myself, arnt looked at much anymore and thats why I think I may never find the "One". Woman have become what men have become for years...too shallow. Now its just a never ending war of who can become the hottest couple rather than finding true love. Until a woman comes around and proves me wrong, thats the way I think unfortunently.
 degostyle
Msg: 152
Posted: 3/27/2008 3:15:13 PM
One more thing about this love at first site thing everyone has been talking about...Look, Im a hopeless romantic, and I still dont believe in Love at fist site. Its impossible. Love is a feeling you have for someone after knowing who they are. They feeling you have when you first see someone is lust, not love. Lust is wanting someone when you first see them. Defining love can be a hard thing to do, but it all comes down to one principle...Your feeling of love is what you get when you know who someone is and who they are as a person, plain and simple.
 Darrell2424
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2008 1:10:58 AM
Speaking for myself I am seeking true love with a deep and lasting connection.
I been doing this all my life, thought I find it once, comes to find out I was wrong.
I dont believe in giving up when there troubles.
I think some people give up way too easy.
Its takes time, yes, but its takes working things out too.
My two cents...
 simpleman20188
Msg: 189
Posted: 5/2/2008 1:57:10 PM
Another post with the OP doing the same thing over and over wondering why it keeps turning out the same.

And the usual answers from people preaching what hasn't worked for them but insisting they know the right answers.

From my experinces many men are looking for true love for a lifetime?

First they have to find a woman who is willing to date them, then the personalities, needs, desires and wants have to be similar enough to make an LTR viable and to top it off both parties have to make it an on going romance to keep it from stagnating.

Or they can do what some many others here do, be unhappy and proud of it.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/2/2008 5:04:16 PM

The mystery for him is gone. You should hold out on sex, in exchange for a committment. Not the other way around.

ROFL

So, tell us how well this has worked out for you.

I am sure you are in a happy loving relationship that you feel will last you the rest of your life.

This is why I said:

And the usual answers from people preaching what hasn't worked for them but insisting they know the right answers.

*sigh*

Coming to the PoF forums for advice on romance is like going to a crack house for advice on quitting drugs.
 iz706
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 11:15:33 AM
Of course there are men looking for a lifelong relationship. Problem is the guys that do best in dating are the ones that tell women everything they want to hear and not the truth (liars). Women seem to love these types because they seem (perfect) as soon as they finally act like themselves the women call them liars. Look relationships do take work, you can click initially with someone but there has to be core values and beliefs in common (not only looks and hobbies). You also need to slowly get to know each other. No real answer its different for everyone, but all the relationships I know have lasted have all taken work and patience. I guess if u or the other person lack the will or desire for both u will end up dating forever. (NO the grass is not greener).
 realzenartist
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 9:17:33 AM
I for one am looking for a lasting true love... I do believe in soulmates... there are more than one out there but finding one is rare... I know it can happen because I see it in couples whose relationships have lasted and are still fresh.. you can see it in how they look at each other... I want that... but im also going to enjoy life as it is and accept I may never find it....... as to the old saying "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish...... and he sits in a boat all day drinking beer..." is more accurate
 Sethfire
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 9:49:00 AM
I agree with ... ( LordofArachnids ) answer..but you never know what things might turn into in time....I really dont expect things from this site but as I mentioned you never know...know matter what you end up with a few friends then thats cool.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 10:03:19 AM

I keep running into the same scenarios, and how I can avoid them? I'm tired of ending up feeling used. I deserve a good man!
No offense intended, but I think most of the men here could say the same thing.

Couple of things that I DON'T do...is proclaim my "difference". It's a subjective term; best left up to the opinion of other person. 2nd, drop the "but I'm a nice girl" routine. Once again, it's over used, it's subjective....not everyone has the SAME idea of what constitutes "niceness"; or in my case.....even gives a hoot about someone else's definition of it.

Reality Check Time! Yes, most people ARE looking for a deep and lasting connection....well, except for those who just use the site as a vehicle to spew venom. It's like this; it's MUCH easier to just say ...."I'm not looking for a serious relationship" than it is to say...."I don't want a relationship.....with YOU!" That invites questions like...why....what's wrong with ME??? I'm NICE! This is the politically correct era. We can't say, "look, this ain't gonna work...cause you're too fat, too ugly, too broke, to nasty, I don't like your kids, you don't like my cat, you spend too much time playing golf, your mother gives me the creeps...blah, blah, blah" So, people just say....."I don't want a relationship". It's a lie....otherwise....why would they be here?

Many years ago, I met a man that I'd talked to online.....totally nice guy...not a thing wrong with him....when I returned home, I had an email thanking me for lunch...but that he was not interested in persuing anything futher. LOL!!! OMG! What a blow to my ego! DAMN him...did he NOT realize what I catch I was??? I could name 500 men just dieing to get a lunch date with me...and this JERK had the audacity to say HE wasn't interested!!! LOL! My ego was bruised for all of 5 minutes, as I realized....I did NOT want to peruse anything with him EITHER! I would have accepted a 2nd "date"....simply because, it was true....I couldn't find a darned thing wrong with the guy....he just was NOT my type. The entire drive home, I was trying to think of an excuse to turn down a 2nd date with this totally charming...but very shy and quite conservative man, who would have been absolutely mortified by my outgoing, outspoken nature. LOL! Thank you Bob....whatever your name was....for showing me not only how simple it is, but that SOMETIMES the other person is RELIEVED when they're "rejected"!!! LOL! Nowadays, I don't hesitate to honestly state when I don't see enough compatibility to warrant a meeting. There are and always will be those who are so desperately searching for a "relationship", that they give little (if any) thought to the QUALITY of that relationship. Indeed, good looks is not enough, nor is maturity, or a sense of humor, or any other "single" quality...it's the WHOLE PACKAGE. It's a lot like ordering lunch at a place that simply refused to put together the right Combo Platter....and when you find yourself thinking you'll have to order 3 or more items A La Cart....time to pick a new place to eat!
 sports
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 10:34:45 AM
well just so you know--i am one of the men you are looking for--i would really love to have true love for a lifetime then there would be no worries and both people can enjoy each other along with other events etc and have a few laughs along the way---to me their isnt a better feeling than to feel wanted and loved and for a lifetime would be awesome--
 mthomjmark
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/12/2008 10:38:39 PM
Of course I am; the problem is that many women keep picking men that are bad for them, then they group all men in the same category.

Start choosing real men and you will have a real love.
 enigmamystery
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:15:32 AM
There are men looking for true love for a lifetime although I am not sure it is as many women. I believe that mthomjmark is in a minority. However, he speaks the truth when he says that women (men do it too) pick the ones that are bad for them and then group them in the same category. I have found that I give a 100% to whatever I choose to do...but if it is not returned or pushed aside, it is time to move on.

I have found that some people actively search and then settle for someone who may say the things they want but actions do not show it. They hope the person will start to show it or don't mind that they don't as long as they are getting the lip service they want. People need to open their eyes, really see the person and then realize if it is a bad choice or a good choice and then proceed.
 2swell
Msg: 230
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:04:45 AM
You are certainly not alone in feeling this way. I was in what I thought was the best possible, most perfect relationship ever for a year. We were compatible, had great chemistry, were best friends, etc... Then, he started acting differently, talked about how he hadn't been single long enough after his 20-year marriage failed (during which he was not faithful, I will add), talked about how there were just so many women out there, etc... Well, I myself had dated a lot (I have been divorced for over 11 years now), so I really thought this one was it. Once he started doubting us, I pulled away. I sensed that he was either 1)cheating on me or 2) considering cheating on me. Just 3 weeks after our "official" breakup, he was with someone new. I cannot tell you in words how absolutely devastating it was for me, not to mention embarrassment for my children, as they saw him with her.

Anyway, I do think there are nice guys out there that want a lifetime commitment, but they are harder to see because they often are not the "tall, dark and handsome ones". We need to look past the looks and try to see the real person.
 anitasheba1
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 8:19:25 PM
I do not understand some men on this dating site. They talk to you chat and than talk to you on the phone and sometimes never meet you or just never get in contact with you again and where are all the good men out here in Kentucky in the lexington area.......... I do not get it at all
 anitasheba1
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 8:27:26 PM
Hey sexy I like the picture in the cowboy hat
 ck1time
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:08:48 PM
Of course U deserve a real man, a man without a face or body, just like you.
 supermikedee
Msg: 240
Posted: 7/12/2008 10:15:46 PM

Forum Troll Removed from the forums
 michaeloneill
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 1:52:25 AM
i am one guy who is looking for a lifetime of love, however it seems no women are, nobody wants commitment anymore last girl i was seeing for just over four months not long i know but long enough to consider yourself together, decided that she wanted to see other guys at the same time depite telling me she loved me!!! no sense at all, so you see its not just guys who dont want the real deal
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >