Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I'm In Love With You"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sharzi
Msg: 24
I'm In Love With YouPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Challenge wrote:

*******Elaine: What, you never said it?

George: Once, to a dog. He licked himself and left the room ******

LOL that was too funny!

Sharzi
 bullielover62
Msg: 25
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 11:05:36 AM

Sometimes hearing those three little words is NOT what you want to hear.

Paint my house?

Hah! Yeah Eddie..... but could you wait til the snow stops?

Telling someone you love them, when you know they don't and probably never will means it's time to end whatever you have going on, because it's the right thing to do. To continue on would be incredibly inconsiderate towards the one having the deep feelings. Eric, if you want me to "bring it on" you're gonna be waiting a life time babe. bullie don't play 'dat.

It's not a game to me.

If two people are working towards something and one starts to feel it before the other, then fine.... but if the other person is aware that the relationship isn't what it is for the other, then stifle thyself. Blurting it out could spell disaster for whatever it is you have goin' on. Then again, as I stated, it might be the best thing to hear it and end it right away.... sparing the one with loving feelings more hurt in the end.
 Uncle_Enrico
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 11:19:37 AM
Excellent question O.P.

I am troubled by the "I love you" if I'm not feeling the same. I'm also troubled if I were to let loose with the "I love you" and find that it's not returned.

The "I love you" should be based on a foundation of loving experience, and not soar prematurely and then crash.
 artigirl
Msg: 27
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 11:37:56 AM

When I head it I was very happy to hear it,even if I'm not at the same level as the person.

Althought the only time I was caught off guard was when I heard it from teh ex.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 28
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 12:12:16 PM

Sometimes hearing those three little words is NOT what you want to hear.

And then there were,
the times you hoped
to hear those three little words,
but from them,
it was not to be...

Love is something special with another, like ~ glove in hand~
And if the gloves don't fit, best keep your hands in your pockets!
 Harry Peter
Msg: 29
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 1:43:16 PM
I'm in love wif Richard Simmons.
 mz taken
Msg: 30
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 1:57:18 PM

I'm in love wif Richard Simmons.

was it his hair or his cute Dolfin shorts that made your heart beat?
 Eric48
Msg: 31
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:01:39 PM

It's not a game to me.

Yes, I understand bullielover. I never figured you for a pushover ... I was appealing to your sense of humor.

meh ... we'll call it a miss.

StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 32
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:02:30 PM
The "L" word used to really impress people. Of course, it's way overused...
With some people it used to mean "We need to get married... the sooner the better."

Smart people, when someone says that; always ask the question "Why?"

Some people want someone in their lives to have a life team with them; maybe to raise children, own a home, have a life partnership that they'll equally enjoy.

Conversely, to others it might mean "You'll be my woman (or man).)"

Some people want to help those they love. Some want someone to help them.

Love's qualities should always be considered, and not just the word itself. To do otherwise is ignorant and stupid.
 Swanss
Msg: 33
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:10:28 PM
I feel that your gutt would tell you if the other person has feelings for you the way you do for them. You can tell by the way they act around you, their look, are they touchy, touchy, etc, etc. But yes, I would want to know.

One way you could approach the other person is don't tell them your in love with them just yet. Maybe something in the line of I have very strong feelings for you or could you see our friendship take the next step. Maybe hold off on the "love" word so both of you don't put yourself in a sticky situation?

That's just my thought...........

Good Luck!
 sadiefoxylady
Msg: 34
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:32:01 PM
I like to hear it, especially from someone I'm clearly into. Now, I don't want to hear it on the first few dates, that would be weird, and way too fast. But after we have spent a decent amount of time together I think it's a sweet thing to say.
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 35
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:33:45 PM

Well the only reason you would want to tell someone that you love them (if you were not in a relationship with them) is because you want to know if they feel the same way.

No, it isn't the only reason.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 36
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:46:59 PM

in love with you

"with" makes a big difference. It means we are both in love for each other at the same time. It denotes mutuality. So, if someone said "with" and I wasn't, I'd be uncomfortable.

"I love you" is nice to hear. If it is said in a way to indicate a desire for a relationship that I wasn't planning and / or don't want, then I've got some straight talking sort things out to do.
 Lily 13
Msg: 37
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:50:53 PM
Be very careful about blurting this out to someone who is totally unsuspecting. This happened to me with someone I had known and been friends with for many years. We had never dated but had been involved in a couple of work projects together and quite often would see each other at social events, etc. but always with other people/friends around. He had never given me any indication or reason to believe he thought any more of me than just a friend. He totally caught me off guard with this statement and I thought he was kidding around! I said something I thought was quite funny back to him then realized he was serious. My comment hurt his feelings terribly and I regret it to this day. We have talked about it being very honest and open but our friendship will never be the same and no matter how hard we try the comfort level that once existed between us is gone.
 jnh456
Msg: 38
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:11:16 PM
Yes, I would want them to tell me. But I don't want it to be frivolous, you know like having strong feelings for you, but not necessarily in love with you. But there is a difference in loving someone, and being in love with someone. I love a lot of people, but I'm not in love with anyone. I think you need to be really sure of those feelings before saying them. I've always said, don't hint around with me, if you want me to know what you want or feel, say so, I don't take hints. And I know for sure you don't always know when someone loves you, I've had a couple of guys out of my past that told me this later in life, and I was totally shocked. But then again there is such a thing as saying it way too soon, like on the first date. LOL...
 TallAndDark68123
Msg: 39
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:20:32 PM
I would want to know. I will not stay in a one sided relationship since I will not play with anyones feelings. This has only happened once and it totally sucked. Extremely nice woman who treated me like a king.
 Bethlett
Msg: 40
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:22:13 PM
No. I would want them to keep it a secret, forever. Take it to their grave.

I live to be kept in the dark.

Like any other earthworm.

:eyeroll:
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 41
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:42:34 PM
It seems some believe that saying the words necessitates a return or else it's a terrible thing.

I feel pretty much the opposite. I think that's a high pressure situation. When I hear those words I don't want it to be under any duress. The last girl I said it to where it was mutual did not say it back and I was grateful. She just said, "thank you". She said the same thing to me a week or two later all on her own. And I said, "thank you". Because, really, when it's honest it's something to be grateful for.

Now, how some people deal with the feeling is not necessarily something I always appreciate. But the fact that they feel that way is great.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 42
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:49:45 PM
^^^^^^ Love you^^^^^^^

lol, no pressure jc! :)
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 43
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:44:21 AM

That is such a difficult question. It's one of those questions where there really is no right or wrong answer to it

Quite right cowtrucker, It is difficult because for some if the feeling is not mutual and I say so what!
It's how I feel and to expect the same in return in that very instant is not to love.
Acts of love and kindness is just that, and if it grows to something shared in a partnership and mutual bond, great.
If not at least you know you can freely give whats in your heart and without reservation. A happy heart is just that, and it understands you have to be happy first and not count on the other to do that. There is always some remorse in a person you feel very special about but if the feelings are not mutual in going to the next level, that's life and always wish them well.
We all have failed and been burnt and to open up for a lot of folks is a dangerous thingy and they guard there turf at all cost. These guys can only go so far until the red light goes on and scurry for cover. And I respect them for that, it is what is and for some then to think your love and compassion will some how give them a change of heart is naive.
Only they will really know if its the right time to let someone again touch their heart if ever again.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 44
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:57:17 AM
Awhile back I just laid it all on the line and told someone that I loved them...turns out the feeling was not mutual ... bruised my heart good (or was that my ego?)...oww stings ...but I am not scared I might even love again because I am stoopid like that The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime!
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 45
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:25:55 AM

Awhile back I just laid it all on the line and told someone that I loved them...turns out the feeling was not mutual ... bruised my heart good (or was that my ego?)...oww stings ...but I am not scared I might even love again because I am stoopid like that The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime!

Didn't mean YOU... and everybody loves YOU anyway.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 46
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:30:14 AM

.. bruised my heart good (or was that my ego?)...oww stings ...but I am not scared I might even love again because I am stoopid like that

Hummm....love can do dat sweetie &

all of us ,at time or another get a little... as you say, 'stoopid'~smile~
 swbbwnva
Msg: 47
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:17:40 PM
The first time a boyfriend told me he loved me....he repeated it three times because he thought I didn't hear him. We were in a room full of my friends during a birthday party and on the third time so he wouldn't get louder and keep repeating himself I told him I loved him too.....however...wish I hadn't, a month or so after that I broke up with him...(Day before Valentine's Day). We were 16 and 17 and definently didn't know what love was. I understood that but he didn't. So in that case I think it would have been great if he never said it....
 Artistee
Msg: 48
view profile
History
I'm In Love With You
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:41:36 AM
In the circles I've walked in...the kind that says to me, "I'm in love with you..." often follows up with, "...and I have many issues...and want a committment - NOW!"

Wow...like I didn't know I could run in the opposite direction THAT fast!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I'm In Love With You"