Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whothehellknows
Msg: 7
There may be drugs in your tap water. Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Oh hell, I wish there was more drugs in tap water. If I could get a buzz from just drinking water, I might never buy beer again!
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 8
There may be drugs in your tap water.
Posted: 7/14/2009 11:11:24 AM
Wait, there are drugs in my tap water?

I need to start drinking more tap water.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 12:25:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Drink Beer
Blow your nose
Take off the hat

Liberate yourself!

saw the article today on MSN about female hormones detected in fish....

University of New Brunswick researcher Karen Kidd and her team spent two years spiking lakes with synthetic estrogen to mimic the effect of estrogen that is expelled in urine and winds up in wastewater. They found that the hormone was interfering with the reproductive systems of male minnows; in effect, the fish had become “feminized.” David Janz, a professor at the University of Saskatchewan, has spent the past 15 years studying the sustainability of Canada’s native fish populations and has observed eggs growing in male fish. Janz notes that the physiology of a fish is remarkably similar to that of a human.

so.... are our menfolk getting some estrogen in their system via the water system if the water is not filtered and cleaned properly and somehow makes it back into the drinking water?
How about if we go swimming....what are we ingesting?... the fish that are caught ....and we are eating how much of the 'waste' in the fish are we getting back?
 no_excuses_please
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/15/2009 1:52:31 AM
There's also treated sewage in your water.
And bacteria.
And heavy metals.
What's your point?
 yna6
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/15/2009 11:07:18 AM
Iodine is poison too...but you get it daily in salt. Or esle you may develope a goiter...that growth in your neck that looks so bad.
We all ingest various stuff that isn't good for you in large doses...and may be beneficial or harmless in small ones.
Too much vitamin "A" will kill you. So do we stop taking it or removing it from our diets?
Drugs in tap water? There has been for year, especially from reclaimed waste water. Sure, estrogen and things get in there...sometimes giving female attributes to males or causing sex changes in wildlife or even allowing the development of both sets of sexual organs in fish and such. Often these "doses" are too small to affect humans...though there is cases where it has. Which ends up in lawsuits against those who are supposed to be providing water for thsoe communities. (Perhaps this is why people are "born" gay? Man boobs? who knows?)
I think I'd trust my tap water far more than some bottled crap from some city source. (like that one Coke bottles...Toronto tap water!) Even if "guaranteed" spring water....lord knows what spring where it is what peed in it....at least I KNOW who to hold responsible if my water is no good. They can't cliam.."Oops...bad batch...!"
 shmodzilla
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/15/2009 11:40:07 AM
There is a difference in "poisons" like iodine that we have been injesting for a million years one way or another and garbage that our brilliant scientist assume are ok in small doses because they can't make a connection to a problem. Then the second they realize it "science" has made a new discovery even though anyone with common sense already knew it. Tap water can't be good for you,anything that smells like a swimming pool probably should not be consumed. I'm still waiting for the day when they realize how bad the flouride is.
 arwen52
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 5:01:46 PM
Can you please cite the source of this article? The Associated Press is a newsgathering organization and as far as I know it does not conduct any investigative studies. It merely is a network for gathering and distributing news stories written by others.
 mungojoe
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/4/2010 1:00:01 PM

Yes, and all these chemicals/drugs/pesticides are being found in the umbilical cords of newborns also:

And the point of this long list with no point is...?

God, let's hope they are predominantly tranqs and phenothiazines...
 arwen52
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:46:27 PM

Here you go:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-03-10-drugs-tap-water_N.htm

and PDF version:

http://www.wvrivers.org/fishkills/news/APinvestigation.pdf

Thanks. Had no idea they did their own investigations.

So, if this is true, why am I bothering to pay for my prescriptions?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:13:50 AM
You can avoid all the nasty stuff in tap water by using water that comes from the air and not your local water suppy.

http://www.ecoloblue.com/
 raxarsr
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2010 9:55:28 AM
actually.the transgender fish theory is that so many women are useing birth control.......that the treated waste water is but back into the water system and the fish get hi doses of estrogen

the same basic theory applies to why children seem to be reaching puberty at younger ages.........all the steroids and groth hormones used in food production is speeding up the process
 Rarebird76
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/15/2010 11:01:04 AM
I drink tap water all the time. I go between caring and not caring. I don't much care anymore. Bring on the lactating man breasts.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/18/2010 2:45:22 AM

I drink tap water all the time. I go between caring and not caring. I don't much care anymore. Bring on the lactating man breasts.

You'll save a fortune in coffee creamer.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/18/2010 7:32:47 AM

...the same basic theory applies to why children seem to be reaching puberty at younger ages.........all the steroids and groth hormones used in food production is speeding up the process

Accelerated puberty rates can be more attributed to artificial light than chemicals.

Want any living things to grow faster, keep it exposed to light for longer periods of time.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/18/2010 11:10:56 AM

Not many know about Fluoride and how it is a poison and it is added to your water to "benefit" you... but that is besides the fact. This is a nation of pill poppers. Go to any hospital and you can hear people trading the medications they are on like it's something to be proud of. The stronger the meds, the more kudos you get.

well, I have drugs in my pocket, too..

I got drugs in my pocket
I dont know what to do with them,
I've got drugs in my pocket am I really through with them?

I mean I ask myself, do I really need, to be permantly high?
Stayin` awake for hours and watch my life pass by,
Cuz I've got drugs in my pocket and I dont know what to do with them
(Drugs in my pocket, Drugs in my pocket)
Yeah! I've got drugs in my pocket, im wearing out me shoes for them,
I've got drugs in my pocket, i'll never need a cure for them.
 CallmeKen
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/24/2010 9:56:23 PM
Yes, and tap water contains LARGE doses of the chemical dihydrogen monoxide. When ingested, this chemical can cause frequent urination. If inhaled, this chemical can block oxygen from reaching the alveoli of the lungs, causing DEATH unless treated.

Dihydrogen monoxide is a common side effect of industrial desalination plants, supported by the Obama administration as "green" jobs. Ban dihydrogen monoxide!
 late™
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/25/2010 10:14:15 PM

Yes, and tap water contains LARGE doses of the chemical dihydrogen monoxide. When ingested, this chemical can cause frequent urination. If inhaled, this chemical can block oxygen from reaching the alveoli of the lungs, causing DEATH unless treated.

Dihydrogen monoxide is a common side effect of industrial desalination plants, supported by the Obama administration as "green" jobs. Ban dihydrogen monoxide!

Oh,

the irony....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >