Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > May Long Weekend Practice Camp      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sunie Skye
Msg: 135
May Long Weekend Practice CampPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I have a few pics to upload ,,,not many unfortunately as my camera was on the wrong setting and I was to tipsy to realize ...
 puck_stopper
Msg: 136
May Long Weekend Practice Camp
Posted: 5/19/2008 6:11:41 PM
just starting to feel human again....what a great time again this year....was so nice to see all the old faces as well as meet some great new people....

thnx to soulfishy for organizing this again and for graciously hosting both the pick your poison round and the potluck dinner at her site....

it was a weekend filled with good drinks, good food and most of all great people....hope everyone made it home safely

cheers Adrien
 samadongshi2
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/19/2008 7:37:42 PM
yes thanks so much soulfishsy for organizing this and did make it down a few of us "COASTERS" did.
Yes, it has been a long while and yes we were partying on ur turf this time 'round!!!
Glad to have met some new fishies and glad to have finally met some other fishies as well. Am I THAT recognizeable??? OMFG!!
The park was beautiful with lots of room in between the sites, although the were kinda spread out from each other we really didn't camp that close together, which was unfortunate for us but maybe fortunate for those "camp cops".
I didn't like the fact there were some other pple who weren't fish complaining that we were TOO noisy??? WTF? and this was b4 the 10 p.m. turn off the music time.
Felt I was camping in the bible belt or in the Gusappo(spelling?) We travelled a far distance to be with our friends only to be yelled @ WTF???
Like I said last night we should ALL write to Ministry of Forests or whomever is responsible for the up keep of these campsites @ provincical parks to say BS we paid for the sites and until then (10P.M. Kiss my sorry flat Asian butt!!)
Espec when I blow "air biscuits:
 laffingone
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2008 7:52:06 PM
What a fantastic weekend!!!! Thanks for organsing this camping trip soulfishy. By the way I think they are my sunglasses.

It was really nice to meet and party with you all. Hope to see ya at the next one wherever it may be.

soul, spud, fun2bme and mini fun2bme that is the best way to play bocci ever. Even in spite of the dogs and kids trying to steal our balls ok spuds balls. and that's all I will say about that cuz otherwise someone will kill me. lol

And now the most important question....where are the pictures?????
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/19/2008 8:01:28 PM
I posted the few pics I had on the other site...unfortunately my camera settings were out of wack and although 80 pics were taken 95% of them were pitch black

Finally starting to feel better ....We left early about 5am as my whole body was killing me and I wanted to be packed up incase another torrential rain storm hit us ...nothing worse than packing up wet stuff...Cant believe Im unpacked and laundry is already done...(thats a first) even cleaned the truck inside and out...

Thanks soulfishy for organizing this event ...it was awesome....couple set backs ( like red wine on my brand new clothes) but other than that it was an awesome camp out and definately plan on being there next year...or this year if there is another event set up....

Didnt get much jetskiing in this time as we were to drunk most the time but we were all glad we made the roadtrip...It was nice to meet so many people, you guys are to much fun

till next time
 samadongshi2
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/19/2008 8:16:36 PM
can u please enable me to post some of my pics as well?? thanks!!
 Soulfishy
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2008 8:51:42 PM
How do I enable people to post pics? I am never on here anymore so if I ever knew I forget I guess
I'll try and figure it out.
I am thinking that if you coastal people do Thurston meadows it might be my turn to travel instead. Are they "looser" on the rules there? Provincial Parks are pretty stuffy that way, but they are beautiful.

Anyway, I do hope the friends, drinks, games, somehow made it worthwhile for you all.

EDIT: I think I got it figured out but the pics are all blurry, can someone enlighten me? Its not just my pics either...???????
 Arduinna
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:34:45 AM
What a weekend!!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and having such a great time! As always, it is the PEOPLE that make the event.

Unfortunately as we started to pack up our site the redneck got a service call, so we packed up, and I went home and he went to work. But the truck and car were all unpacked by 5 pm and most the laundry is done now!

Thanks to soulfishy for organizing the event again, for hosting Friday night, then again on Sat for potluck, then again Sunday - when you faded and a few of us sat around your camp fire!

While we feel like we need another 2 days off to recover from the weekend we are glad that we went and look forward to the next event!

still flying or cntrygirl - did one of you happen to pick up my chair? I left it on your site after stumbling off on Sat night.
 silky tesoro
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/20/2008 12:47:58 PM
Thank you soulfishy for hosting this event. I had a great time. It was nice to meet everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the buffalo steaks. It was a blast watching all the beer bongers
That was a waste of good red wine spongey. I sure hope you decided to ring out your shirt and drink it
Thanks for making us coasters feel welcome. Till next time.
Ciao
 Soulfishy
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2008 1:29:33 PM
Yeah, what she said, that is alcohol abuse!!^^^^
Well at least it came out.
Silky, I really didnt get to talk to you at all, I feel regretful that I didnt get to know everybody, but I am glad we got to meet. Perhaps next time I will do more visiting.
Cheers all.
(note to self, if I have 20 + shooters on Friday night I am PROBABLY going to be a little antisocial for the next two days...oh dear!)
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/20/2008 2:44:31 PM
CAN WE DO IT AGAIN THIS SUMMER ???

WHO'S IN ?

Atleast we know to remember tent flys and silverware and another couple tarps for the torrential rain storms....hahahaha

think we may try a little more boating and a little less drinking next time too
 still flying solo
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/20/2008 11:16:08 PM
Ardi...nope, don't know about your chair...Don't think I can make another trip this year either. I'm off to Europe in July Will be camping with my kids but somewhere a little more rustic....and away from you freaking rowdies, lol. My girls are way to sheltered to be exposed to you guys..... I mean look what you all have done to me in a years time.
 samadongshi2
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/21/2008 1:32:04 AM
yes think another round of krzy kamping with the krzy loopians r in order.... as they know no other ways of bonging !! interesting contraption to examine next time a wee bit closer but not in the consumption of alcohol due to my professional obligations
Prefer to have the practice camp kloser to home as there won't be as many kamp kops out in full force for noise infractions b4 the said betwitching hours!
If we build it , will there come?? and where shall we build it to kamp out???
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:10:46 AM
Just throwing some ideas out there
Paul Lake ?
Savona?
River ( silver sage campsite here in town) ? tubing ?
So many places so little time

and messages this short can not be posted so im typing this line too
 lookin4luvnlaughter
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/23/2008 9:00:53 AM
...most folks have their own vehicle, and half the fun of a camping trip is in the travel to get there! At least in my opinion. There are many beautiful campgrounds, that also offer boat launches, showers etc, from the lower mainland to the Okanagan. Why not start from where you all just camped, and work your way down to the coast? It seems to me that alot of POF'ers from up Kamloops way, have to travel down here just to get to events , which can be costly if doing like Sponge does (my hats off to you girl!) as there can be costly hotel bills etc. Sooo, for coastal people to head up the other way for a full weekend of fun, seems to be a great fair tradeoff (and cheaper)! For those like Spud who don't have access to a vehicle, there's always Greyhound or if lucky, a spare seat in someone else's vehicle (always remember folks , splitting gas costs is a MUST!).

Regarding the noise thing, although I wasn't there to know firsthand what happened, I can say from personal experience, that when we go camping, it's to have fun. It's not a great thing to try to relax or sleep while listening to partying loudly from other campsites. I expect to get some flack from my comment, but commonsense must be considered while out camping. The camp fees can be costly to those of us who pay the high fees, and so we should also be able to enjoy our time out in mother nature. Sorry folks, just my opinion. And like I said, I wasn't there to know exactly what happened. But in the past I have been to POF camp weekends, and I know from those experiences, we can be a noisey lot when the fun gets happening into the evening hours.
 samadongshi2
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/23/2008 9:37:32 AM
yeah, i know i'm beating a dead horse here. No pun intended and actually, it's really a finished issue so y go on.
I will set the record straight though, we were NOT overly noisey or obnoxious like how we can get at some events. We all know it is a FAMILY campsite therefore have to abide by the rules which we did.
I did not like the way the one person warden for lack of a better word ASSUMED we were to be. He was trying to throw his weight around by threatening to have us thrown into the local jail for having a group of friends together. I didn't appreciate the remark / comment and told our host that we are ALL professional pple with good paying jobs etc.
After this last w/e altercation at another provincial site closer to my home base where the young adult got stabbed to death makes me want to rethink all of this camping business. I love to camp to get away from the rat race and stressors of my job dealing with marginalized pple and reconnect to nature etc. Yahoos and idiots abound that make a lame attempt of asserting themselves really irritate me.
Again, this is just ONE person's opinion (mine) which doesn't mean a consensus.
 Redneck Woman..
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:08:10 PM
^^^^ sama ...you just need to go further into the bush , no wadens there .....
 cntrygrl73
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:30:14 PM
ARDI! I have your chair :)

I thought it was Solo's as they packed up and sped outa there in a hurry so I thought it was accidentally left behind. Anyway....beige one with cup holders right? I got it.

Soulfishy....great job with organizing this campout. Had an awesome time as usual...even if I did miss most of the pick-ur-poison pot-luck. Oh well...still have the Fireball for another time...lol. Oh...and I think the steak knife might be mine.

Solo....I think I know where all your vodka went hun....same place all my whiskey went..down our throats...lol.

See ya'll soon.
 Soulfishy
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2008 5:36:03 PM
Yeah I agree Sama, that one camp cop was a frickin idiot, added fuel to the fire so to speak and I really got my back up, which probably didnt help.
Anyway, provincial campgrounds are pretty much rule laden...I have seen some private campsites that are that way too tho! Someone said earlier it was just a timing thing, we had someone complain the night before(about..ahem...that OTHER site I might add! hehe)
So really, it was annoying, but we did get away with partying Friday AND Saturday night, I knew it would catch up with us!

Where is Thurston Meadows? Is there anything in the Abby or Chilliwack area(must be)Or Hope. ( That is halfway)
Look forward to doing it again!
 Walts
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/29/2008 7:06:17 PM
Ya gotta get into the "real" camping,in the "real" nature, without having to pay $$$$$ and without having someone tell ya it's time to tone it down at 10 o'clock. Frig I have been out in the bush when it's still bright enough out at 1 a.m that you swear the sun is still up. Of course, there are no washrooms, no showers, no gravel area for your tent, and no picnic tables.

Not a lot of people like it.

It's perfect.
 samadongshi2
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/29/2008 9:41:46 PM
a really good place is Jones Lake by Bridal Falls it's a BC hydro recreation site and u don't have to pay but u gotta climb up a really rough logging road with big pot holes. It's first come first serve so u gotta be prepared to be disappointed espec if u go on a long w/e which u'll be SOL for sure.
Some pple have made it with a regular car but personally, I would n't chance it ........ espec if u have one with a low wheel clearance.
Then again, my driving and navigational skills are something to be desired on most occassions!
 silky tesoro
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/29/2008 10:22:13 PM
How about Manning Park? That's half way !
 itsfun2Bme
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/1/2008 7:40:58 AM
I think Manning Park would be great. Its still a park so will still have to deal with quiet times and all, but I kinda like a few amenities.

bcboy72
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 8:22:50 PM
Has anyone considered somewhere near Lillooet Lake maybe? About halfway as well..probably a lot of open camping sites near that lake...Or maybe over by Sheep Pasture Golf Course? Always wanted to hit sheep with golf balls...
 FizzyFish
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:59:24 PM
Depending on when it is planned I could likely make it to either location. Would love to get some camping in this year!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > May Long Weekend Practice Camp